Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Netossa Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Tiffany has plenty of weapons. And I never liked the headdress on Lady Death; she never wore anything like that in the comics, so I never understood why the gave her one. Also, I have more than one (the variant was very cool, at least to me), so it was a worthy sacrifice.
    true not in the comic but she did have it on in the art the toy is based off of. hope you post pix when your done!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grymsdyke View Post
    I feel the same way about the majority of NA characters and the POP characters too.
    In the end, Mattel decides the redesigns. Their rule should just be to make the BEST design possible, and not get tripped up in what the look was derived from.
    In terms of NA - were the figures really different than the show like PoP? I'm not too familiar with the NA designs of either aside from He-man and Skeletor.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    In terms of NA - were the figures really different than the show like PoP? I'm not too familiar with the NA designs of either aside from He-man and Skeletor.
    I have the DVD set of NA, but I haven't gotten past the first couple episodes.
    I know that Skeletor has actual eyeballs (!) in the toon, which is strange. I would not want to see that on the toy, personally.
    Mainly, after five years of MOTU, I trust the Horsemen and Mattel to choose what to give us. The only figure I have disagreed with their style on is DB Skeletor, and that is mostly because the dragon should be a fully-articulated figure.
    For NA (as I care about that more than any of the other subsets), I just want the best possible figure. If the Horsemen use the boots from the toon, the head of a comic, the armor of a sketch the designer did over lunch because it will make the best figure, I'm fine with that.

Ahh...Netossa such a shame she was introduced later on in the series. Had she been there from the start, she would've made a valuable addition to the Great Rebellion. That said I prefer my dolls/action figures with rooted hair & proper removable outfits (not molded/tooled & painted). But I've always loved the way Netossa was drawn for the cartoon

BTW here's my line art & colored fan art

netossa_line_art_by_cosmicfalcon_70-d4r8c7u.png

Netossa.jpg
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Yes and no. The designs were a bit different in the cartoon than with the toys. Sagitar looked quite different in the cartoon. Usually this was just a case of the toys being very simplistic.

The tricky thing was Skeletor. Skeletor drastically changed appearance many times throughout the show. As Grymsdyke pointed out, he started with eyeballs, but then lost them. Then they came back again. Sometimes the changes were just minor cases of being off model, but a few times Skeletor underwent a major appearance makeover. Two times, this appearance change was part of the storyline, other times it just went unnoticed.

The sad thing is that when people talk about Skeletor, they usually talk about the Skeletor that was closest to the original toy (and Laser Light Skeletor). That's how Skeletor appeared in the first six episodes. After that, he drastically changed appearance to something closer to Discs of Doom Skeletor. It was - in my opinion - a drastic improvement. The Skeletor in the first six episodes had the weird eyeballs and a puke green face.

Towards the very end of the series, he changed appearance pretty drastically again. We finally saw him without any headgear and he actually had hair!

NA Skeletor for me will always be as he appeared in the majority of the cartoon, not like the toy or the very first episodes.

Widget
    Nekk-Ra, I feel POP in MOTUC is gonna end up making me into a customizer eventually too. I love the Star Sisters, but the lack of those extra added toy details was very disappointing for me. Id really love to see your Star Sisters customs too, Nekk-Ra. I've seen one 'toy deco' custom in the galleries here, but just that one, I imagine there are many more people who have done as you have. I agree with others that Filmation is primarily the way to go with POP in MOTUC, but those extra toy details are VERY important, if not essential to me. It is the very essence of what MOTUC is supposed to be about for me, blending together ALL the best parts of a character for the most iconic look. I agree that Bow set the standard on this, but other than She-Ra 2.0 everything else has felt sorely lacking. Not that we've had that much to compare yet, and I have faith the best is yet to come, especially with the renewed vigor the line seems to have for POP after "The Great Sub Crisis". As others have said it does add the extra 'oomph' to a figure that makes it all seem worth the price increases, problems with quality, etc. Many figures in MOTUC have had this for me - Fisto comes to mind, Teela, Scareglow, and many others that just really blew me away. It as the attention to little details that made these figures so outstanding, and while I understand not every figure is going to be able to have all these extras, Netossa deserves at the very least the two accessory per figure standard. I'm sorry, I understand the cape was an entirely new tool with new material, but that doesn't cut it with more, or very few others it seems, especially with the new price increase that were supposed to eliminate this kid of thing. A cape just isn't an accessory to me, no matter how you spin it. And speaking of spinning...I'll be beyond devastated if after this great injustice to an awesome character, Netossa doesn't get to stand next to her companion Spinerella on my shelf! I know it's the only way most of us will ever own Spinny!

Quote Originally Posted by MistaJ View Post
    Nekk-Ra, I feel POP in MOTUC is gonna end up making me into a customizer eventually too. I love the Star Sisters, but the lack of those extra added toy details was very disappointing for me. Id really love to see your Star Sisters customs too, Nekk-Ra. I've seen one 'toy deco' custom in the galleries here, but just that one, I imagine there are many more people who have done as you have. I agree with others that Filmation is primarily the way to go with POP in MOTUC, but those extra toy details are VERY important, if not essential to me. It is the very essence of what MOTUC is supposed to be about for me, blending together ALL the best parts of a character for the most iconic look. I agree that Bow set the standard on this, but other than She-Ra 2.0 everything else has felt sorely lacking. Not that we've had that much to compare yet, and I have faith the best is yet to come, especially with the renewed vigor the line seems to have for POP after "The Great Sub Crisis". As others have said it does add the extra 'oomph' to a figure that makes it all seem worth the price increases, problems with quality, etc. Many figures in MOTUC have had this for me - Fisto comes to mind, Teela, Scareglow, and many others that just really blew me away. It as the attention to little details that made these figures so outstanding, and while I understand not every figure is going to be able to have all these extras, Netossa deserves at the very least the two accessory per figure standard. I'm sorry, I understand the cape was an entirely new tool with new material, but that doesn't cut it with more, or very few others it seems, especially with the new price increase that were supposed to eliminate this kid of thing. A cape just isn't an accessory to me, no matter how you spin it. And speaking of spinning...I'll be beyond devastated if after this great injustice to an awesome character, Netossa doesn't get to stand next to her companion Spinerella on my shelf! I know it's the only way most of us will ever own Spinny!

Mista J, if you wander over the the Star Sisters arrival thread, you can see various examples of how people improved upon the ladies.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

The Fwoosh pictures are online and here is one of Netossa.

I think she looks good. Itīs not a prototype anymore as far as i can tell and her face looks more serious now if you ask me.

The fans are still attached to her head but seem to be a bit lower or iīm just imaging things. I still think they should be attached to the cape. Since the cape is her primary weapon and so she will have to take it of once removed from her neck those fans stay in her hair while she has the net in her hand.

That simply makes no sense.

i hate the head fin's and it looks like she got a gray outfit to.

Interesting to see she's lacking the sort-of-smile so many of the females are afflicted with.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

hope her back is painted

Not bad! As usual I would have liked the toy design better, but it gets across enough for me to like the figure. Not big on the head fins, but they're a small thing. I'm still irked by NO new weapon at all, but....oh well. In general I like the look, so I'm still looking forward to her. I just wish I bit more imagination had been put into her.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

After having been initially a bit disappointed that she didn't have her mask/headdress/whatever (okay, a lot. ) I will have to say seeing her in person... she's REALLY beautiful. She's really going to cut an impressive figure on the shelf. The cape looked better. Not sure if it was a new cap, or seeing it with my eyes rather than via camera helped. She has some very light blue in areas like the skirt that looked good in person. Part of me thinks the way Mattel could make up for Frosta's forearms is with Netossa's headdress! But I'm going to be happy when I get her.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I really have to say the figure looks terrific. The tiny waist is great, the colors pop and her face is lovely.

But I won't be buying her because I have zero connection to the character. Her gimmick is throwing a net - not exactly something no one else in the Rebellion can pull off! Plus, because of the skirt and long cape, I don't think she'll be able to sit much, which limits movement.

So...I continue to be mystified. She's the most beautiful She-Ra character in MOTUC that I'll never purchase.

After that, he drastically changed appearance to something closer to Discs of Doom Skeletor. It was - in my opinion - a drastic improvement.
    I just looked the figure up and he isn't to my liking. I thought the original NA Skeletor was extremely cool and fearsome. He didn't have eyeballs like his cartoon counterpart, just red glowing eyes. And the staff was wicked!

A shame he wasn't consistently depicted on the series.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    But I won't be buying her because I have zero connection to the character. Her gimmick is throwing a net - not exactly something no one else in the Rebellion can pull off! Plus, because of the skirt and long cape, I don't think she'll be able to sit much, which limits movement.

So...I continue to be mystified. She's the most beautiful She-Ra character in MOTUC that I'll never purchase.
    Really, DisneyBoy? I'm surprised...

Netossa for me breaks a trend in POP. Most of the other characters in the Great Rebellion rely on some sort of magical ability to survive, whereas Netossa (like Bow) relies on skill. OK, she throws a net, but she does it with accuracy like no other. She's a trapper, if you like - see her lob her net through the bars on a prison cell door to snare a Horde Trooper in When Whispering Woods Last Bloomed or catch a flying Catra in Assault On The Hive. Netossa definitely gets my vote and her beautiful, original design only makes me want her more.

I hope you change your mind with regards to Netossa as it looks like the prototype will translate well in figure form. I hope they've learned from their mistakes with Frosta and Netossa uses a brilliant, rather than a grey white. If they pull her off, she could be one of my all-time favourite figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. Netossa is looking really nice.

I still wish the fans sat a little lower on the sides of the head so that the bottom of the fans overlapped with the collar to make it appear as though they're connected, but they still look better than on the original proto-type.

And Netossa's right hand looks so bare without a weapon. I still can't believe that the budget didn't stretch to including a repainted BP She-Ra sword or a repainted Green Goddess spear. Either (or both) weapons would have worked with Netossa.

I do hope Netossa's face mask/helmet and an appropriately re-coloured weapon show up in a Weapons Pack. It would be the first Weapons Pack I purchased (even though I was very tempted by the two-tone Sword of Protection in a prior Weapons Pack).

I think she's absolutely beautiful. She's grown on me so much since SDCC. As long as the cape is made of a durable material, I'll be on cloud 9.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I wonder how easy it will be to take those awkward flying fans off without damaging the paint...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I wonder how easy it will be to take those awkward flying fans off without damaging the paint...
    They do seem like separate pieces. The hardest part might not be the paint though. I'd assume that there is some kind of peg and hole keeping them in place, meaning you'd need to fill the hole in and smooth out the hair.

Netossa looks amazing! It's cool to have a black female in this collection. She might end up being the only one we get. Her costume design does give her a really small waist look, which I love. She looks strong and very feminine.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Netossa is very beautiful! I'm glad she retained most of her details and paint apps from the prototype.

I am a little sad the way her cape has been pressed though, and hope that it isn't this way on the final figure. On the prototype, the cape had the netting detail on both sides (front and back). Mattel didn't press it so there would be the rounded edges on both sides (probably a cost issue). They pressed it on the BACK (nice, rounded edges) and the front (the part we can see), is completely flat and you can see some plastic from where it was pulled off the mold. It should be the reverse...we should see the rounded detailing at the front (so it doesn't look cheap and unfinished). I hope that can be fixed before she's released.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    hope her back is painted
    lol. This made me laugh. She's probably wearing nothing! Only half a skirt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

It's funny, because when I saw it I actually preferred the smaller holes facing towards us. But now I just realized it looks a bit like a fly swatter.

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Cape

I didn't even notice. But now that Darkspecter has pointed it out, I can't help but notice the radical difference between the front and the back of the cape.

I agree, I would prefer to see whatever was done to the "back" done to the "front" instead as it is more attractive looking and looks more like a net rather than a cloak riddled with moth holes.

Really, DisneyBoy? I'm surprised...
    Yeah, I know...originally I had this super-negative reaction to her, and was frustrated (and still am - other should have come first). Now, I can see how beautiful her hair is (those curls in the back! Why couldn't She-Ra have those??) and the great colors. She is quite fetching. But I probably still won't get her, honestly.

OK, she throws a net, but she does it with accuracy like no other.
    LOL - I love how you're playing up her ability to throw fabric You are a true fan!