Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Netossa Thread

Not necessarily. Her shins are an ASSEMBLY issue, not a piece production issue. The right parts will be manufactured, they just have to ensure they will be put together properly and in that case, there is still time to make sure that happens.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I need to know it that Scott is aware of this issue, but he has yet to replay to any questions about. I'll cry if Netossa comes with reversed shins.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    So does that mean that we are getting reversed shins?
    That would be completely unacceptable.

It may sound dramatic, but I know a handful of people will cancel their subscriptions. After all the loyalty we've shown? This kind of thing will keep people from subscribing in 2014.

Mattel needs to delay her. Make the factory fix the legs. It's THEIR mistake, not Mattel's (I hope).

This isn't fair.

Frosta has reversed parts. Now Netossa does? I know this isn't the case, but it's like they are TRYING to send a giant middle finger to anyone who looks forward to GR characters.

This is garbage .

Scott hasn't responded to any of the questions about this on the Matty forum, and he has responded to other questions posted at the same time or after.

I feel like this company is inept sometimes . Just send me a Baggie with all of the pieces unassembled and I'll do it MYSELF. Jeez.
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 29, 2012 at 12:25pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It may sound dramatic...
    A bit, but you're right, it's getting really old (and I don't even want GR figures!). I think that the sweatsh.....er, factory assembly technicians just rip figures out as fast as they can and don't even look. And I can kind of (KIND OF) understand how swapped limbs can happen. Ya know, "her left, or my left?" It's easy with hands and thighs because those pieces really aren't reversible, but forearms and shins can be. Perhaps the pieces need to be keyed or asymmetrical in some way so these goofs by the, um, factory assembly technicians can't happen.

Toyguru, if you are reading this please respond or at least look into the matter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That would be completely unacceptable.

It may sound dramatic, but I know a handful of people will cancel their subscriptions. After all the loyalty we've shown? This kind of thing will keep people from subscribing in 2014.

Mattel needs to delay her. Make the factory fix the legs. It's THEIR mistake, not Mattel's (I hope).

This isn't fair.

Frosta has reversed parts. Now Netossa does? I know this isn't the case, but it's like they are TRYING to send a giant middle finger to anyone who looks forward to GR characters.

This is garbage .

Scott hasn't responded to any of the questions about this on the Matty forum, and he has responded to other questions posted at the same time or after.

I feel like this company is inept sometimes . Just send me a Baggie with all of the pieces unassembled and I'll do it MYSELF. Jeez.
    I don't think this is too dramatic, I feel the same way. Continued reversed parts is totally unacceptable. The fact that issues continue with POP/GR is just adding salt to the wound. If there are any QC issues with Octavia I can not be held accountable for my reaction.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Today at the Matty Forum:

There were a ton of things wrong with all the 2013 samples. Snake Face's red chest snakes (supposed to be green), Ram Man' articulaton (on his chest). You'll see updates samples at NYCC and yes we know Netossa's legs need to be fixed. Just like Mosquitor at SDCC, early samples are often still being tweaked!
    Good to know!

Sweet; glad to hear it.

That's good to hear, though I'm sure they understand us being jumpy.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm so very happy to know these should be fixed!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

There is finally one picture where Netossa is holding her net and her neck area is uncovered. The net is still looking like a cape and not particular like a net and those fans/wings are floating in her hair.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/20...scaled_600.jpg

I really can say, i think it looks stupid and wish she would have come with a second head without those things.

The dark skin on the other hand looks great and so does her face.
    Last edited by Niki; October 14, 2012 at 12:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    There is finally one picture where Netossa is holding her net and her neck is free. The net is still looking like a cape and no net and those fans/wings are floating in her hair.

I really can say, i think it looks stupid.

I really would wish she would have come with a second head without those things.
    Amazingly enough I'm not as bothered by it as I thought I would be. Still....this all would have been fixed if they'd just stop basing the figures on the boring Filmation designs. Looking at the toy again, I can already see various ways they could have molded it to make it a little more interesting and work better with the net feature.

Ah well. Still lookin' forward to her. I'm just afraid for each PoP figure 'cause the Filmation designs allow for so few interesting design features.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Amazingly enough I'm not as bothered by it as I thought I would be. Still....this all would have been fixed if they'd just stop basing the figures on the boring Filmation designs. Looking at the toy again, I can already see various ways they could have molded it to make it a little more interesting and work better with the net feature.

Ah well. Still lookin' forward to her. I'm just afraid for each PoP figure 'cause the Filmation designs allow for so few interesting design features.
    I donīt get why other characters get more and more detailed armor or weapons, as seen with Clamp Champ, new armor which looks almost the same from the front at least but now more detailed, a huge weapon with all those little nicknacks and on top of that another weapon, while Netossa gets one reused shield and not really that much detail anywhere.

I now i shouldnīt complain and iīm happy we get her but looking at her i know why non POP fan think those characters are bland and boring, because they donīt get the same treatment than others and thatīs a bloody fact!

And i blame FILMATIONs "simplify and make everything symetrical so we can switch and reuse it as much as possible" designs for that.

Sorry if i offend someone but iīm just a little bit frustrated
    Last edited by Niki; October 14, 2012 at 07:30pm.

I just got caught up on the Gooble podcasts and I have to agree with the past couple of posts here. Waaaaaay more detail and thought goes into other factions in this line. Just listening to them discuss even the smallest details going into King He-man and the excitement in their voices over it... I don't know, I'm not feeling the love for the Etherian Rebels at all. Netossa could have used a little more love

it's true they get them done as fast as they can then move on to the men and monsters that they work weeks on till there just rite.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Not necessarily. Her shins are an ASSEMBLY issue, not a piece production issue. The right parts will be manufactured, they just have to ensure they will be put together properly and in that case, there is still time to make sure that happens.
    Assembly is directly related to the mold, as we've been told countless times. If the shins are molded in the reverse, that is how they will be assembled. We know that for an incontrovertible fact from past experience. And please point to the last figure we saw revealed with reversed parts that did NOT wind up being produced precisely that way.

I am hoping (again) that this was just a mistake in the figure shown, but I have absolutley no rational reason outside of baseless optimism to beleive that, given Mattel's track record on this problem.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I just got caught up on the Gooble podcasts and I have to agree with the past couple of posts here. Waaaaaay more detail and thought goes into other factions in this line. Just listening to them discuss even the smallest details going into King He-man and the excitement in their voices over it... I don't know, I'm not feeling the love for the Etherian Rebels at all. Netossa could have used a little more love
    I feel so close to you right now.

Seriously, I wish I could sometimes hear the "we're always fighting for it" type of comments and excitement about POP stuff.

Soooo is her body armor (around her waist) removable? How else are they going to reuse the torso for Peekablue? A new sculpt? That seems unnecessary and hardly cost effective.

Soooo is her body armor (around her waist) removable? How else are they going to reuse the torso for Peekablue? A new sculpt? That seems unnecessary and hardly cost effective.
    It looks like its molded on. IF they get to Peakablue, it wouldn't be that much work to just redo the top of her outfit (sad face at the IF part as I love Peakablue)

Maybe they just decided that it's better to just sculpt an all-new top for Peekablue, since they seem to be following the Filmation designs pretty closely, and Peekablue's Filmation design gave her a keyhole cut-out shape on her decolatage - very different from Netossa.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

When I saw her at Comic Con and Power Con the bodice was all one piece. As for reusing it for Peekablue, I'm glad they can't, I'd like to see the Filmation bodice. I love the neck line on Peekablue in the cartoon. Too many of the vintage toys had sweetheart neckline.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    When I saw her at Comic Con and Power Con the bodice was all one piece. As for reusing it for Peekablue, I'm glad they can't, I'd like to see the Filmation bodice. I love the neck line on Peekablue in the cartoon. Too many of the vintage toys had sweetheart neckline.
    Iīm so against that, not because of the shape. A different shape, why not.

But FILMATION just gave her a plain blue top, again no details, nothing.

I said it before and i repeat it:

In vintage MOTU Fisto and Clamp Champ came with the same armor, in MOTUC they get their own. Even new added details, even better!
    Jitsu and King Randor had the same armor. Both have different and more detailed armor in MOTUC.

Now please tell me why should Peekablue come with even less details all though Netossas outfit is original hers.
    I donīt mind if they keep the FILMATION shape but please give us detail, show us the some devotion and creativity they had with Clamp Champ or King Randor. If they deserve new designs, so does POP and i donīt care if most just know the FILMATION cartoon versions.

Red haired Teela is the most iconic and she seems to be a thing of the past. Iconic isnīt the issue anymore, so make it at least fair. More details and individualism for everyone!

Thank you.

I completely agree with everything that's being said. I'm a huge proponent of separate sculpts. I guess what I was trying to say was:

1. I wish Netossa's "armor" was removable allowing for more/different display options with not only her but then it could be used with other rebels as well - like how it works with the male figures of the line

2. I want MORE details and paint apps and weapons and heads and little nuanced things that you can only see when you look at the bottom of their feet or see only when you're looking at their back. I want POP to get more love not less. When I talked about not reusing her torso for Peekablue I was thinking more along the lines of - dang now they have to sculpt a new torso which takes potential money away from other things... I don't care how they do it, I just want more love for the POP line - the Rebels specifically - I would love a new sculpt for Peekablue but I also want more of everything else.

When TG said that prices went up to (among other things) prevent cutbacks on paint apps and weapons and then we get this pared down Netossa? I dunno I was expecting more. more. more. I want the POP figures to tell a story too and the only story I see with Netossa is How to Wear White After Labor Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Iīm so against that, not because of the shape. A different shape, why not.

But FILMATION just gave her a plain blue top, again no details, nothing.

I said it before and i repeat it:

In vintage MOTU Fisto and Clamp Champ came with the same armor, in MOTUC they get their own. Even new added details, even better!
    Jitsu and King Randor had the same armor. Both have different and more detailed armor in MOTUC.

Now please tell me why should Peekablue come with even less details all though Netossas outfit is original hers.
    I donīt mind if they keep the FILMATION shape but please give us detail, show us the some devotion and creativity they had with Clamp Champ or King Randor. If they deserve new designs, so does POP and i donīt care if most just know the FILMATION cartoon versions.

Red haired Teela is the most iconic and she seems to be a thing of the past. Iconic isnīt the issue anymore, so make it at least fair. More details and individualism for everyone!

Thank you.
    I don't mind the addition of the fan on the bottom of the bodice and the green piping along the edge, but I want the cutout on the bodice like in the cartoon. I also want a more natural looking tail. Peekablue is my favorite vintage figure but I want the MOTUC figure to have a better tail. I'm not a fan of the art deco design for this line.

The biggest issue with the POP figures is the lack of weapons and accessories. That said Peekablue is the one character I don't think needs a weapon as she is a pacifist.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I want them all! and as Brian said there is a lot of clever part reuse in the vintage figures, I took this pic on the weekend.

as you can see from just this group.

Peek A Blu & Netossa
    Flutterina & Spinnerella
    Castaspella & Entrapta
    Sweet Bee and Catra

all share sculpts!

which makes me even more curious as to why Mattel would limit the reuse of Netossas Bodice by sculpting the hip armor on it and not make it part of the skirt!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]