Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 458

Thread: The Official Netossa Thread

  1. #401
    Rebel Jubilation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,403
    Netossa looks amazing, by far the most beautiful female in the line so far and the best female Rebel figure we have gotten so far. January can't get here quick enough
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : The Twiggets

  2. #402
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,676
    In her Fwoosh Review it clearly shows how stunning her face sculpt is! Iīm really happy.

    A lot of people seem to be convinced that weīll get her head gear/mask in a future weapons pack and i hope they are right and that was the plan all a long. The floating fans/wings stick to her hair canīt be the final solution for her

  3. #403
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,722
    As long as they give us her missing accessories in a future pak, this figure will be perfect.

  4. #404
    Heroic Warrior yeahthatsme1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    341
    I just can't help but think there should have been a better way to do the fans instead of gluing them on the side of her face. I understand that they may have been too flimsy to sculpt as part of her cape but jeez it sure looks dumb when her cape is removed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Let's hope Dan is saving best for last for his reviews (assuming he received her). I'm getting antsy.

  5. #405
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,155
    I think they put the fans on the side of her face so she could turn her head. Otherwise, the fans and her hair would obstruct each other, and since they're both plastic and not cloth and real hair, they have no give. There'd be tons of complaints about her limited pose-ability.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  6. #406
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,521
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    I just can't help but think there should have been a better way to do the fans instead of gluing them on the side of her face. I understand that they may have been too flimsy to sculpt as part of her cape but jeez it sure looks dumb when her cape is removed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Let's hope Dan is saving best for last for his reviews (assuming he received her). I'm getting antsy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I think they put the fans on the side of her face so she could turn her head. Otherwise, the fans and her hair would obstruct each other, and since they're both plastic and not cloth and real hair, they have no give. There'd be tons of complaints about her limited pose-ability.
    They could have molded something to go above the cape and sit on her neck that would somehow connect to the head, and turn freely and allow full movement, kind of like something similar to Orko, but a tad reversed, and her cape could have attached with smaller straps around her neck as well, and all would look and work just fine....right now, it just really looks odd and incomplete.

    But I guess they can add to her bio, "she just uses Bobby pins to attach her fins to her hair, and off comes her cape!"
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  7. #407
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    They could have molded something to go above the cape and sit on her neck that would somehow connect to the head, and turn freely and allow full movement, kind of like something similar to Orko, but a tad reversed, and her cape could have attached with smaller straps around her neck as well, and all would look and work just fine....right now, it just really looks odd and incomplete.

    But I guess they can add to her bio, "she just uses Bobby pins to attach her fins to her hair, and off comes her cape!"
    HA HA HA

    Netossa- Captivating Beauty with special Bobby pin powers and exotic accent!



    I said in PixelDans review that i think she should have come with a second head but your Orko idea is good...maybe you should apply for a design spot at MATTEL!

    The FOUR HORSEMEN chose the FILMATION design so those fans need to be there, i get that and with the cape on they work but since her fighting style is to take that cape of, those wings/fans sticking to her hair simply make no sense.

  8. #408
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,008
    I might be in the minority but I like the fans - they look like they are magically attached to her face.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

  9. #409
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I might be in the minority but I like the fans - they look like they are magically attached to her face.
    You are totally right and thatīs a good point. Magically.
    But Netossa was created to proof you donīt need magical or special powers to be a Rebel and an asset to the Great Rebellion.

    She is not magical or super natural. She is well trained and is a fighter for freedom and justice.

  10. #410
    eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobb's End
    Posts
    2,285
    Are you ready?
    After the Frosta design choice we got another problem:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...97#post3170497
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; December 10, 2012 at 06:39am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

    Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

    Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

  11. #411
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    2,210
    Clearly Netossa's hair "fan" accessories are attached to her hair via little combs....I mean, duh, they push right in. They have had those accessories on Etheria for years.

    http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/tpa_2236_830693957
    Danielsan

    Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

    https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

  12. #412
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,566
    The stain on the back of her cape is magic too.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

    Print version, also available!

  13. #413
    Heroic Warrior jzachery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,229
    Netossa looks great! Psyched to get her. Def one of my favorite reveals for 2013. Great execution.

  14. #414
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Netossa looks amazing, by far the most beautiful female in the line so far and the best female Rebel figure we have gotten so far. January can't get here quick enough
    This--^ Her face sculpt is very expressive and beautiful. Not sure what to make of the infamous 'black hole' effect going on with her net cape, but I'm pretty sure as long as I keep it on her and her hair over it I won't care.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

  15. #415
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    This--^ Her face sculpt is very expressive and beautiful. Not sure what to make of the infamous 'black hole' effect going on with her net cape, but I'm pretty sure as long as I keep it on her and her hair over it I won't care.
    ...That is if its a silly paint app and NOT a sign of the plastic Rotting already!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  16. #416
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    985
    I just wish the hairline was more subtle. It's like a wig. Like "Gumby's mom" obvious.

  17. #417
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,847
    they really need to get new sculpters to take over the girls of the line, Netossa's fins are just sad.

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  18. #418
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,722
    Really? New sculptors? I mean, they just sculpted what is probably the most gorgeous figure in the line. I think the fins look fine, but frankly any old sculptor can do fins. Her face is a work of art. Just my two cents, of course.

  19. #419
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,676
    The Netossa bashing in the "worst for 2013" thread really makes me angry.

    Simply because it is so unnecessary.

    Most of the complaints are about her boring outfit, the way her net was executed, the stain on her net and the lacks of her helmet and weapon.

    These are all things we as her fans complained from the beginning on(except for the stain on her net since we couldnīt have known that...). Her richer far more interesting vintage colors were ignored, her vintage net was so much bigger and far more useful and the helmet was simply left out completely but the fabric wings were clued to her cheeks...

    Now people donīt like her and itīs because of bad choices and not because of her character.

    No one can say she isnīt sculpted beautifully, i really think she has the most beautiful face sculpt of all the MOTUC figures so far!

    This is the best evidence that FILMATION colors worked great for the tv but donīt really work in real life. The first release for She-Ra already proved that, the more detailed and shiner colors for Bubble Power She-Ra work so much better if you ask me.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  20. #420
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The Netossa bashing in the "worst for 2013" thread really makes me angry.

    Simply because it is so unnecessary.

    Most of the complaints are about her boring outfit, the way her net was executed, the stain on her net and the lacks of her helmet and weapon.

    These are all things we as her fans complained from the beginning on(except for the stain on her net since we couldnīt have known that...). Her richer far more interesting vintage colors were ignored, her vintage net was so much bigger and far more useful and the helmet was simply left out completely but the fabric wings were clued to her cheeks...

    Now people donīt like her and itīs because of bad choices and not because of her character.

    No one can say she isnīt sculpted beautifully, i really think she has the most beautiful face sculpt of all the MOTUC figures so far!
    Ehhh, a bunch of characters are getting bashed. I think alot of the dislike comes from her relative obscurity compared to Castaspella. People don't know who she is or what she even sounds like in comparison. Flutterina will probably be the "Netossa" of 2014.

    I agree that she is one of the most beautiful females in the line, along with Castaspella and Catra. I only wish Frosta was planned, sculpted and painted with the same care.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  21. #421
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,553
    I don't find her sculpt bad at all. It is almost entirely down to her character, or lack of, that I don't feel anything towards her. I watched the episodes with her in and she says and does very little other than get captured which is ironic as her gimmick is that she should be doing the capturing.
    As nice as her sculpt it, she is just a girl in a pretty dress to me. If I don't care for the personality then I want a toy I find visually really cool or interesting.

  22. #422
    Well that was dumb! Is-rael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    The stain on the back of her cape is magic too.
    I just rubbed it off with my thumb and it cleaned right up.
    "Problems Weaver?"

  23. #423
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Ehhh, a bunch of characters are getting bashed. I think alot of the dislike comes from her relative obscurity compared to Castaspella. People don't know who she is or what she even sounds like in comparison. Flutterina will probably be the "Netossa" of 2014.

    I agree that she is one of the most beautiful females in the line, along with Castaspella and Catra. I only wish Frosta was planned, sculpted and painted with the same care.
    I know that a lot of the characters are getting bashed there and i shouldīt read this kind of threads as they upset me but here in Netossas thread i only care about her

    But thatīs exactly what iīm saying the bashing there has many different reasons but she is there first of all because she is a POP character and thatīs a fact.
    People donīt know a lot about her as there isnīt that much to know but we donīt know a lot about Rio Blast as well for example. Except he is a rodeo looking guy who is able to change into multiple blasting machine and that seems to be enough for other fans. And i think that thatīs okay since everyone has there own taste.
    Secondly a lot of things went wrong with her design and her accessories and thatīs the my main issue.

    The people who like this character pointed the out but now exactly those mistake are held against her and thatīs unfair.


    Frosta absolutely needs a new head, thatīs the one thing they can do for damage control. Her paint applications are so bad that she would need a new released figure but since there are no reissue thatīs something we will never ever get


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I don't find her sculpt bad at all. It is almost entirely down to her character, or lack of, that I don't feel anything towards her. I watched the episodes with her in and she says and does very little other than get captured which is ironic as her gimmick is that she should be doing the capturing.
    As nice as her sculpt it, she is just a girl in a pretty dress to me. If I don't care for the personality then I want a toy I find visually really cool or interesting.
    I donīt care much for FILMATION and the characterizations but you are right and thatīs why i hate her new bio. Who cares for her accent and her exotic beauty we all can see that at her bio Mattel could have made her officially gay and told us how hard she practiced so she would become the best hunter in all of Etheria but no, they didnīt.

    Not Netossa should get the bashing but Mattel and the person who decided her boring FILMATION colors are the ones they should go with!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither


  24. #424
    Heroic Warrior Dayvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    550
    I have her MOC and bought a really cheap loose one - from china or somewhere. So my loose is not the best.

    I don't see what people's problem is with her? - Yes, she looked different in the 80s line.. but they were going for her filmation look. And i think they got her filmation look fairly spot on! Some things could have been adjusted and added but she doesn't look bad at ALL. She actually has a great face sculpt. Her skirt is a bit restricting... which is odd seen as though they fixed she-ra quite some time before her.

    I like her. I don't LOVE her, simply because she was never a character i knew too well. But she looks cool and her hair is great!

    If people dislike her because she has a weak story/character. Good luck with Spinnerella. Her only selling point to those people will be her 80s doll rarity i guess...

    They couldn't NOT make netossa... because netossa fans deserve her just as much others deserve their slightly obscure favorites

  25. #425
    Gimme Granita! Scorpia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,432
    I *love* Netossa. I know some folks disagree, but I love that they went with the Filmation design. I don't mind toy details at all, but I think MOTUC Netossa is *almost* perfect as she is. Her face sculpt for one is about as close to Filmation as you can get (I think I even prefer it to Casta's). Also, I like the way they did her net.

    The ONLY thing I don't like it the use of a pastel blue on her costume, as opposed to white. After the Frosta debacle this really annoyed me. The vibrancy of the POP characters seems to be getting dumbed down after the Star Sisters (Castaspella is the exception).

    I also agree with MGM. Flutterina will be next year's Netossa. If some fans can't accept Glimmer and Frosta in the line, no way will they ever accept Netossa. I'm expecting to hear more haters come out when images of Perfuma, Spinnerella and Sweet Bee are released. But who cares about them, these are amazing characters and will likely be amazing figures. This line has always been 'all encompassing' and seeing as we had to put up with Vykron, Vikor, the FFM and the entirety of the 30th anniversary line, those guys will have to put up with a handful of 'girly' POP ladies over the next few years.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •