POP Wanda Witch!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I've looked at this thread many times, but just realized I haven't posted!

Yep, she's pretty terrific! Would love for her to be included.

Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That's definitely how she would have looked in 200X!

Also... @ the blog saying they all look like lingerie models. Most of those pictures aren't even CLOSE to the girls! Some are though...or that they WOULD make good MOTU/PoP characters...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I was just looking at Leech's net and wondered "Is this kind of what Netossa's cape will be like?"

Obviously without a Horde symbol, suction cups, and a different shape and color, but using the same type of plastic and approximate net/grid size.

I'm thinking there's a decent chance it will be, and I think it will look really good and be light wieght as to not throw her off balance.
    Last edited by slackrguy; October 3, 2011 at 11:15pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Netossa is great.

I'd like to see her primarily based on the style guide. As for accessories, a net and a trident like a retiarius Gladiator would be fantastic. Perhaps the trident could be re-used for Mermista?

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to see Netossa in MOTUC, but given the way She-Ra ver. 1 and Catra were handled won't she look like her filmation counterpart? I'm not saying that's a bad thing as I've never like the head dress with the weird fans.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I would like this fig. She'd be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    How many PoP episodes has she appeared in and what does she bring to the table?
    Doesn't matter. We're getting Filmation characters regardless of how much they appear. Look at Jitsu. How much was he in the cartoon? What role did he have?
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Black is beautiful

Netossa however is a mess. An ugly terrible mess. Easily my least favourite of the original POP toys, any costume or add on included.

I've always been let down that the strong black woman is just a completely horrible figure and toy, design and otherwise.

If they didnt get around to making her, I dont think I could even muster up a "too bad" for those that were fans.

I will say I dont wish ill on her fans, and I hope everyone gets characters they like and care about. But if she gets lost in the shuffle, remember that I said this when I laugh and laugh and laugh.

Oh, I wanted to add that here is the Four Horseman's chance to really show they are gods. I mean dietys of the first order.

Make this figure look good. I dare you. Make me want it because you took hot garbage and made it palpable. You just may be able to do it. I like Photog and Songster, though they are gold compared to this, you may be able to impress me.

I'm open to it. I just dont know how you can be true to her design and not make it look bad. Though even if you do, and I actually want to buy one, her name is still just ...gah. And I like the name "Sweet Bee" and "Castaspella" (which is probably technically worse)
    Last edited by baronterror; October 4, 2011 at 05:02am.

It's okay to have a differing opinion baronterror...but I think you're going a bit too far. Especially with the "hot garbage" comment.

I'll have you know Netossa's classic toy design tends to be a bunch of people's favourites. Heck, even krosfyah wants to buy an 80's Netossa figure and he doesn't collect PoP. Just loves her design.

I LOVE her toy design too.

Again, I respect your opinion...just...please be less harsh with your words.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I don't see any major problems in doing her well in MOTUC; making plastic nets has been done for decades. We also have the possibility of using real netting, as we've seen in the fishnets of both BlacK Canary and Zatanna in the DCUC line. Combining that with a wire frame to allow the netting to be posed (much as they did wit Trigon's cape in DCUC) would be the most effective way of presenting the net-cape, both in posing possibilities and in folding it down when not in use.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I think Nettossa's aesthetic coolness factor will highly rely on one thing : the "wing things" protruding from her scarf (cartoon), helmet or back.

To be honest, I don't like the cartoon version of these "wings"... they look pretty weird and out of place, in my opinion.

Other than this, Netossa should be an awesome figure.

Will her net/cape be made in the same rubber as Leech's rubbery net ? If so, I hope they won't put those horrible, tight transparent elastics that tore some apart of our Leech's net !
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 4, 2011 at 09:03am.

I wants a Netossa Stat if we are going to be getting more POP. While were at it I hop Clamp Champ makes his Debut in the 2012 subscription.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

How did I never post in here? I love Netossa! I can't wait to see how she's handled in this line; that collar is a trip.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Netossa has the opportunity to be a truly breathtaking figure if done properly.
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Netossa Support and Speculation!

Netossa is one of the most beautiful characters from the original POP toyline, with a great color scheme and net-trapping warrior skills that seem to come from her own expertise rather than magic powers or scientific tweaking.
    In the Filmation cartoon, Netossa had a very close relationship with Spinnerella to the point that fans have questioned whether they could be lovers.
    Netossa also holds the unique position of being POP's only non-caucasion human.

How would you like to see her handled in the MOTUC line?

I was thinking that since roman gladiators used nets, maybe it would be cool to have her bio talk about how Netossa was a mighty and vicious gladiator, maybe working for Prahvus or Lodar as a savage force to be reckoned with, trapping foes in her net and then attacking them with her sword (there are pictures showing that the original action figure was intended to have a sword, but mattel decided against it).

He-Man and She-Ra could defeat Netossa and teach her to use her skills for good and have her join She-Ra's group.

I'd like her to come with a removeable headdress, since I'd like to display her without the weird headdress the original figure has. Or maybe she could come with a second, helmetless head.

Since the figures aren't having fabric armor, I guess she could come with a sculpted cape, but a seperate net that could go around another figure to trap them would be a good extra accessory.

How would you like Netossa to be represented?
    What would you like to see in her bio?
    Should she still be close with Spinerella?

What are your hopes for her in the MOTUC line?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

My main hopes are that they stick with the nice metallic silver, white, and blue color scheme and do a really detailed outfit that takes her points of articulation into consideration ahead of time. I know there's no way they can faithfully reproduce her classic toy look with the materials they are using in MOTUC, but at the same time I don't want just her Filmation look. When you put Netossa next to Teela and Evil-Lyn, I think her outfit should have that level of sculpted detail, rather than the simple look of Adora or Starla's outfits. Whatever cape and headdress they decide to give her should definitely be removable. We've seen with Leech's net how they can tackle Netossa's. And she should definitely be given a fierce weapon that matches her look and ability as a trapper/hunter. A spear, a sword... just so long as there's no comb-hybrid motif going on... LOL.
    Bio-wise, I'm not expecting them to bring the L Word into MOTUC and am fine if they decide to leave the fan-created "closer than sisters" relationship with Spinnerella out of it... LOL.

Heck yes to Netossa! She's a great character with a fantastic look.

I'm really jonesing for more PoP ladies, and Netossa coming sooner than later would show that Mattel really intends to get to them all (as I hope they do!).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Adora View Post
    Netossa has the opportunity to be a truly breathtaking figure if done properly.
    I sure hope so! Sistas need to represent right in MOTUC!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Can't wait for Netossa. I always figured she was one of the more popular later figures[/URL], perhaps even moreso than most of wave two.

I expect the 4HM will blitz her design.
    Last edited by Scorpia; January 24, 2012 at 04:51pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Can't wait for Netossa. I always figured she was one of the more popular later figures[/URL], perhaps even moreso than most of wave two.

I expect the 4HM will blitz her design.
    She's certainly one of my most anticipated figures. I loved everything about her, especially her accent in the cartoon. I hope she looks like her Filmation rendition!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Emiliano did a Netossa figure concept! I LOVE her! This is exactly what I'm hoping for in MOTUC! She shares parts with Peekablue still, which makes them cheaper for Mattel to produce!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would her cape be like that of a net?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

The Great Rebellion gets another figure.

Netossa NEEDS her... tiara thingy. It's integral to her character's look. I hope it just wasn't sculpted yet.
    Otherwise, she's awesome.