Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Netossa Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Netossa NEEDS her... tiara thingy. It's integral to her character's look.
    This. Also, I wish she had her silvery parts.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    One of the best reveals for me. I love her face sculpt. Not sure about her tiara/head piece - she looks fine without it.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Don't get me wrong, she's a gorgeous sculpt, especially in the face. But it just feels weirdly incomplete. I feel like there has to be more to her. She's in the 2013 sub with new price point. Surely she at least has another weapon?

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'd like to see a bit of a silvery wash on her waistcloth + outer cape and the BP She-Ra sword + cowl included. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied.

Kevenn is over the moon on FB lol.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Loving Netossa she was in my top 5 Great Rebellion wants. I would like to see some silver added to her skirt and she also needs another accessory, a new weapon of some kind.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    She's beautiful...but she NEEDS her mask! She NEEDS her sword! Mattel is charging us $5 and $7 more per figures in 2013 (sub vs non sub) and they are STILL giving us the "we can't afford it because of prices" level of accessories.

I knew they would do this and it's completely outrageous!

It's either that, or a complete lack of knowledge/respect for PoP characters.

Netossa was originally going to come with a blue sword and shield in the 80's:

MOTUC Netossa (and Frosta) also do not have their comb-axes. It's extremely upsetting that all PoP MOTUC figures (except She-Ra 1.0, Bow and Catra) are coming with LESS accessories than they did in the 80's. Such a disgrace!

I'm also disappointed in the extreme lack of detail in her skirt. It should be SILVER (like the piping on her top) and pleated. Please STOP giving us less detail on figures we now are spending $34 on at the LOWEST cost ($25 + $9 shipping). The skirt is too similar to Peekablue's now...which has me REALLY worried they plan on re-using it. Peekablue and Netossa share a LOT of parts. The skirts are one area where they are meant to be different. Peekablue will be even MORE of a repaint! *facepalm*

Her cape also cannot be used as a net. It needs to be more elasticy with bigger holes.

Emiliano got Netossa right 100% across the board (no sword though):

Last edited by Darkspecter; July 13, 2012 at 05:57pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Don't get me wrong, she's a gorgeous sculpt, especially in the face. But it just feels weirdly incomplete. I feel like there has to be more to her. She's in the 2013 sub with new price point. Surely she at least has another weapon?
    That's exactly what I was wondering. If she is at the higher pricepoint, why does she only get 1 really CHEAP accessory?
    Last edited by Donimo; July 13, 2012 at 07:08pm.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

To my surprise Netossa ended up being my favorite reveal. I think she is stunning/fierce, I love her face and I love that we have a black female character added to our ranks. I hope that the face actually looks that great when she is released (not like Frosta's or some of the other females). I was also taken back that they went with her and not Glimmer or Castaspella. Gorgeous figure!!

Surely they could include the Bubble Power She-Ra sword painted in blue (with blue jewel)?

Either way I think they should include the head piece. Maybe there is time to include these? However at least the figure itself is spot on (including the face) That I am thankful for!

I'm happy though regardless as she's as she appears in the Filmation cartoon as she is now, which is what I want. Fingers crossed she's gets additional accessories for the toy POP fans.
    Last edited by blackiecats; July 13, 2012 at 06:52pm.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

@ Darkspecter: Can you post all of that on Ask Matty? Totally agree with your comments.

I've never liked her design, or name. Hate her point in fact. But I want her to be good. She just isnt.

That being said, I am up in arms about her not having the head piece. She should have it, even though it is part of her design I dislike Most.

I would rather have a character I dont like that is accurate, than not.

Hopefully we can get them to fix this oversight. GET ON IT PEOPLE! hehe.

Oh, and for the record, though I've said this before, I will be proud to have a strong Black Lady character. I've just always been dissapointed in her execution.

but again, I support all characters getting their due, and she needs that headpiece.

Heroic Warrior
    Netossa looks great.

BUT, she needs blue paint on the details on her gauntlets, some kind of "wash" on the white parts of her skirt and bodice, a helmet/tiara/crown/whatever that looks like the one that came with the original toy (that can be clipped on) AND a trident!

The "wings" on her head just don't make any sense now that they're no longer connected to her collar. They look like bizarre ears of some kind. The addition of a clip-on helment (pretty much exactly like Emliliano's MOTUC Vision design) would be perfect. And Netossa needs to come with more than just a repainted shield. I would like to see a newly sculpted trident (which could be re-used for Mermista). But, if they can't afford a new sculpt, then a repaint of BP She-Ra's sword would be appreciated.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    This a thousand times!

She is just...well...there! No big WOW!

She needs her face guard and another weapon at least, More silver to add contrast to her outfit. at the moment she is just an AA Frosta.....

I don't quite see the logic in releasing two almost identical colored gals in a row?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Netossa looks great.

BUT, she needs blue paint on the details on her gauntlets, some kind of "wash" on the white parts of her skirt and bodice, a helmet/tiara/crown/whatever that looks like the one that came with the original toy (that can be clipped on) AND a trident!

The "wings" on her head just don't make any sense now that they're no longer connected to her collar. They look like bizarre ears of some kind. The addition of a clip-on helment (pretty much exactly like Emliliano's MOTUC Vision design) would be perfect. And Netossa needs to come with more than just a repainted shield. I would like to see a newly sculpted trident (which could be re-used for Mermista). But, if they can't afford a new sculpt, then a repaint of BP She-Ra's sword would be appreciated.
    AWESOME additions, especially the Trident! any Hunter has a Trident!

you should ask Matty about it. If we get the message out in time we may get heard.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Her face sculpt is stunning, the features are different and she is just beautiful.

Is it possible she wasn't 100% finished? Plus might things change from design to development?

I'm still hoping for a trident, but a BP She-Ra sword would work as well.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

she also really needs her chest armor piece, in the royal blue.

[/CENTER]

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I am absolutely over the moon that netossa is coming and she looks good. I agree that she seems to be a bit lacking, but my major plea...

Mattel, please please please for the love of all that's holy, please do not use the same material to make netossa's cape that you used to make leech's net! (which, unfortunately, is what it looks like from the toy ark photos). Leech's net disintegrated - and quickly. This would ruin netossa!
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I am absolutely over the moon that netossa is coming and she looks good. I agree that she seems to be a bit lacking, but my major plea...

Mattel, please please please for the love of all that's holy, please do not use the same material to make netossa's cape that you used to make leech's net! (which, unfortunately, is what it looks like from the toy ark photos). Leech's net disintegrated - and quickly. This would ruin netossa!
    word is that they have addressed the Cape issue, in fact up until a few days ago, Netossa was being moved to mid year until they fixed it, but they solved it in time and she retained her slot!

now for the Face guard and trident/Sword!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    @ Darkspecter: Can you post all of that on Ask Matty? Totally agree with your comments.
    I did, but it probably won't get answered (or my Illumina one will be ignored ).

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7&r=2891087567
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

The sword isn't a must for me, but I would really like to see the head piece added.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post

That is the only thing that i don't like. The wings attached to her head is weird.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I worry the netting cape will break & fall apart like my leech horde net did.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Its confirmed Our Very own BCRDuke asked TG at the booth today 'Is Netossa Complete' and he said 'Yes'!

[/CENTER]

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Netossa NEEDS her... tiara thingy. It's integral to her character's look. I hope it just wasn't sculpted yet.
    Otherwise, she's awesome.
    This figure is based on her Filmation look, not original toyline design. I'd think she needs another head. I would get two figures if she had this.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Its confirmed Our Very own BCRDuke asked TG at the booth today 'Is Netossa Complete' and he said 'Yes'!

Of course she is. It just goes to show Mattel and the 4H haven't listened to the fans requests for more details and the outrage caused by the previous missing PoP accessories. It also shows they know little to nothing about PoP! Now, it's okay if they do not know much about PoP or even if they dislike it. HOWEVER, their job is to make products that customers will love and buy (which might mean a little research). They have to remember that even their least favourite character is someone's most desired figure they've been waiting 25-30 years for! There are SO many resources available to them (fans, scanned books/comics/magazines/cardbacks, etc.), that's it's unjustified that this figure (which will cost $38 minimum) only has a REPAINT of a shield (the 4th time we will be getting this item with a figure).

My faith in the 4H and Mattel regarding PoP has been extremely diminished. At this point, I'll be surprised if future PoP females have the right names and colours.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 14, 2012 at 12:13am.

Well I'm happy to see Netossa, 'cause she was a favorate when I went through the archive, but MAN how are we not getting a weapon with her? Come on man! Don't just leave it at a shield! A new weapon was one of the things I was most looking forward to! I hope we can get something added....
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.