Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Netossa Thread

Netossa needs some silvery highlights on her outfit and at the very least a repaint in white and silver of the Goddess spear. She looks empty without some sort of pointy weapon to me. Maybe if this is how she's coming, just as is, we can clamor for some Netossa-colored weaponry in the next Weapons Pak? That Bubble Power She-Ra sword in blue would look nice!
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Of course she is. It just goes to show Mattel and the 4H haven't listened to the fans requests for more details and the outrage caused by the previous missing PoP accessories. It also shows they know little to nothing about PoP.!Now, it's okay if they do not know much about PoP or even if they dislike it. HOWEVER, their job is to make products that customers will love and buy (which might mean a little research). They have to remember that even their least favourite character is someone's most desired figure they've been waiting 25-30 years for! There are SO many resources available to them (fans, scanned books/comics/magazines/cardbacks, etc.), that's it's unjustified that this figure (which will cost $38 minimum) only has a REPAINT of a shield (the 4th time we will be getting this item with a figure).

My faith in the 4H and Mattel regarding PoP has been extremely diminished. At this point, I'll be surprised if future PoP females have the right names and colours.
    I don't know if they know little to nothing about POP they have just chosen to go with Filmation over the toy decos, which I fully support. Netossa looks EXACTLY like she did in the She-Ra cartoon. I have personally been waiting about 25 years for these rebellion ladies to look like they did from that beloved cartoon and not the doll line --- which I love and collect but are figures that I already have. I understand that many people are die hard fans of the toy line and want to see the MOTUC versions reiterate the same looks as they are doing for most vintage MOTU characters but they have simply chosen to go another route with most of the POP ladies. At this point I wouldn't want them to start making toy deco versions of characters like Netossa and Glimmer to stand next to Filmation (or "style guide") versions of Catra and She-Ra.

If the main complaint is the tiara/headdress from the toy, and they can make it as a removable option, then I'm all for it. I just got my loose/complete vintage Netossa last month and she is a stunner so I sympathize with those who wanted to see these things incorporated but please understand that some peoples dreams are for the versions that they are doing
    Last edited by Swifty; July 13, 2012 at 11:39pm.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I posted this in the other thread but i'll post it here to. I hope they paint Netossas feather design on her gauntlets blue like on her boots i know the vintage toy didn't have them painted but you got added detail why not make them stand out.

I think they would look better painted.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...ze=800&start=0
    Last edited by hologram900; July 15, 2012 at 05:41pm. Reason: corrected

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I don't know if they know little to nothing about POP they have just chosen to go with Filmation over the toy decos, which I fully support. Netossa looks EXACTLY like she did in the She-Ra cartoon. I have personally been waiting about 25 years for these rebellion ladies to look like they did from that beloved cartoon and not the doll line --- which I love and collect but are figures that I already have. I understand that many people are die hard fans of the toy line and want to see the MOTUC versions reiterate the same looks as they are doing for most vintage MOTU characters but they have simply chosen to go another route with most of the POP ladies. At this point I wouldn't want them to start making toy deco versions of characters like Netossa and Glimmer to stand next to Filmation (or "style guide") versions of Catra and She-Ra.

If the main complaint is the tiara/headdress from the toy, and they can make it as a removable option, then I'm all for it. I just got my loose/complete vintage Netossa last month and she is a stunner so I sympathize with those who wanted to see these things incorporated but please understand that some peoples dreams are for the versions that they are doing
    But she doesnt look EXACTLY like she appeared in the cartoon. In the cartoon those "plume" things on the sides of her head were clearly a part of her cape. On this figure they are just floating in her hair. A very odd and visually unappealling design choice..

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    she also needs the Blue detail on her Bracers...but that is secondary to her lack of Face guard
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I was just looking at some pics on the fwoosh and it loks like she had silver paint apps on her bracers and bodice trim.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Hopefully the production figure's white parts don't turn out to be grey
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I love the way Netossa looks, except for the wings attached to her hair

I actually can live with out the clunky headgear which would hide her pretty face.

The wing thingies attached to her hair look akward to me as they have no purpose. They simply stick there in her hair. They were okay as part of the cape but now...?

I hope she gets a more detailed paint job, on her gauntlets and the skirt piece BUT please keep the face as it is, it looks beautiful. Almost perfect things donīt need no fixing, remember.

I hope she gets the dagger/short sword in her colors this time around as i donīt think her cape counts as an accessory. Maybe it is a weapon but itīs a cape as well and i know she has a lot of new tooling but with PEEKABLUE there is a lot the be reused.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo.../DSC_44361.jpg
    I agree this is the one thing that looks a bit odd but she has to be able to move her head. Had they come through the neckpiece, as seen in the cartoon, this would most likely make her unable to move her head from side to side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I actually can live with out the clunky headgear which would hide her pretty face.

The wing thingies attached to her hair look akward to me as they have no purpose. They simply stick there in her hair. They were okay as part of the cape but now...?

I hope she gets a more detailed paint job, on her gauntlets and the skirt piece BUT please keep the face as it is, it looks beautiful. Almost perfect things donīt need no fixing, remember.

I hope she gets the dagger/short sword in her colors this time around as i donīt think her cape counts as an accessory. Maybe it is a weapon but itīs a cape as well and i know she has a lot of new tooling but with PEEKABLUE there is a lot the be reused.
    I agree about not hiding her face. That sculpt may be, IMO, the best one done yet. She looks FABULOUS!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I was screaming and crying when Netossa was released. (Good thing I took off of work on Friday.) She looks AMAZING, and I didn't even dream she'd be released this soon, seeing as how I was the only person who would ever vote for her in the MOTUC Idol threads every time. I cannot WAIT to get her onto my shelf and buy multiples of her. However, this victory is very bittersweet, because despite RAISING the prices and the Two Accessories Rule, she comes with only one accessory: a repainted shield. No headdress. No newly sculpted sword, or even a repainted BP She-Ra sword, and with Toy Guru trying to tell people that he *cape* is an accessory! VERY disappointing tho see him showing so little regard. No one else's cape has ever been counted as an accessory (See Scareglow, who had the first original-to-the-line accessory because he needed TWO, and they're WEREN'T counting HIS cape as an accessory.). Toy Guru is doing this figure a GRAVE disservice by not giving her at least the headdress. If the budget is so sparse, despite raising the prices, that she can't come with much else, then I'll even accept the promise of the repainted sword in a future Weapons Pack. But please, please, PLEASE at least give her a clip on headdress/mask like BP She-Ra's headdress!!!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    ...she comes with only one accessory: a repainted shield. No headdress. No newly sculpted sword, or even a repainted BP She-Ra sword
    I'm sure, she'll get her sword, a while back I asked for the swords in a q&a round and they said that this is, what MotUC is all about. Remember when Frosta was revealed? She only had her staff and now look at that beautiful shield, even if it is a repaint, it is awesome!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Yes, it doesn't make sense AT ALL! They should be attached to her collar like Filmation AND the vintage toy. Right now, they are taking up 2 new tooling spots. Being a part of the cape = 1 new tooled piece instead of 3 (wing piece 1, wing piece 2, cape). Then, maybe we could get the sword and mask and it wouldn't cost Mattel any extra. The collar pieces attached to her hair will ruin her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I was screaming and crying when Netossa was released. (Good thing I took off of work on Friday.) She looks AMAZING, and I didn't even dream she'd be released this soon, seeing as how I was the only person who would ever vote for her in the MOTUC Idol threads every time. I cannot WAIT to get her onto my shelf and buy multiples of her. However, this victory is very bittersweet, because despite RAISING the prices and the Two Accessories Rule, she comes with only one accessory: a repainted shield. No headdress. No newly sculpted sword, or even a repainted BP She-Ra sword, and with Toy Guru trying to tell people that he *cape* is an accessory! VERY disappointing tho see him showing so little regard. No one else's cape has ever been counted as an accessory (See Scareglow, who had the first original-to-the-line accessory because he needed TWO, and they're WEREN'T counting HIS cape as an accessory.). Toy Guru is doing this figure a GRAVE disservice by not giving her at least the headdress. If the budget is so sparse, despite raising the prices, that she can't come with much else, then I'll even accept the promise of the repainted sword in a future Weapons Pack. But please, please, PLEASE at least give her a clip on headdress/mask like BP She-Ra's headdress!!!
    I agree with EVERYTHING Kevenn said! Netossa's mask is a must. Having it included means SO much to some people...and for those that don't want it or care about it...they don't have to put it on her! Win, win.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Not surprised they made the "wings" attached to her head. If they were a part of her collar she wouldn't be able to turn her head, right? She has plastic hair and that takes up a lot of space, and limits movement.

was screaming and crying when Netossa was released. (Good thing I took off of work on Friday.) She looks AMAZING, and I didn't even dream she'd be released this soon, seeing as how I was the only person who would ever vote for her in the MOTUC Idol threads every time
    Well, then, I'm very happy for you At least someone's dream came true (and yes, that does make me smile).

But I'm mad otherwise. Why on earth are they scraping the POP barrel right now??? Star Sisters and Netossa? What's next - the Bubble Carriage? And then "whoops guys, but the line has had a good run. We made all the He-Man characters anyone would want, and hopefully you POP/She-Ravers and NAers are pleased with the few scraps you got. Line over!"

This is SO BACKWARDS. I really can't wrap my head around it.

Also - enjoy having an articulated figure with PRACTICALLY ZERO RANGE OF MOTION. Netossa can't sit or raise her legs. At the most, you'll be able to pose her with her arms up, attempting to rip free from her collar/net.

It figures she'd get the best face sculpt of all the POP girls thus far too...

*looks sadly at pictures of Kowl, Glimmer, Sea Hawk, Filmation Hordak, Huntara and Sunder...cries...then screams into a pillow...then breaks out the boxing gloves*

Netossa looks stunning, and was definitely a surprise reveal. I only hope that her mask/tiara thing comes with the figure.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Not surprised they made the "wings" attached to her head. If they were a part of her collar she wouldn't be able to turn her head, right? She has plastic hair and that takes up a lot of space, and limits movement.
    If you turn her cape a little bit while you turn her head, problem solved. Especially if it is made out of rubber or a rubber-like plastic. I mean, I'm going to say it for the MILLIONTH time...but if they could do it on the 80's figure, why can't they do it now?! Yes it was cloth material, but it still functions the same way: turn head AND cape and there is no problem. I mean, hell, you can barely turn the heads of long-haired characters as it is!

ALSO, her wings, collar and skirt are silver in Filmation, Styleguide and toy. NO idea why they are painted aqua.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 15, 2012 at 07:32pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Wings

I think Netossa's hair will restrict the neck articulation anyway, so from both a practical and a design point of view, the "wings" being attached to the cape still would have made more sense. And they could have been designed so that they didn't sit right up against Netossa's face or in a slightly more "flexible" plastic to still allow for movement of the neck articulation.

Alternatively, the wings could have been sculpted to join under the chin and perhaps look like there was also a "strap" holding them in back at the back of the head? The "floating" wings that are just stuck onto the sides of her head look bizarre (especially without a helmet/headguard).

I'm also surprised that Netossa's breast-plate was sculpted as part of her torso, instead of as removeable armour (which would have allowed an easy re-use of the torso design). The removeable armour works pretty well for BP She-Ra and it was a "fun" toy-like feature which could have been carried across some of the other POP figures, including Netossa.

From the position of the wings on her head I think it's clear to see that the vintage toy mask was sculpted by the 4H. If she ws wearing it, it would give the impression that the wings were actually comming from her cloke. If she was really sculpted from the Filmation look the wings would be included on her cloke but they are not, they are attached to her head (for the mask to be clipped onto and to preserve movement). This makes the third classic POP toy missing accessory. Tallstar's pants, Starla's back pack and now Netossa's face guard.

Stuff like this does not happen with the MOTU figures (bar Grizlor's 2K face mask), they get it all...it should not be happening with the POP figures. I think it's perticularly upsetting in Netossa's case as with this one litte extra tiny accessory, Mattel would have nailed both the Filmation & classic POP toy looks. To get the figure to 98 % perfect and then not be bothered to finish the job by passing on the final 2 percent....it's letting themselves and us down. Giving this figure her face mask would make her the perfect love letter to both the Filmation & Classic toy fans. She should have her faceguard and a blue verson of BP She-Ra's sword. Fans are paying enought to justify inclusion of all the accessories the 4H create for the figures. People have given Scott a message loud and clear they want her face mask incuded with the figure. Hopefully he listens.

I also agree that they should have made the blue armour detachable from her chest piece, they would have saved themselves some extra tooling when it came to Peekablue. As bar Peekablue's head and back fan, they have all the parts they need to make her now.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 15, 2012 at 08:17pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    I'm sure, she'll get her sword, a while back I asked for the swords in a q&a round and they said that this is, what MotUC is all about. Remember when Frosta was revealed? She only had her staff and now look at that beautiful shield, even if it is a repaint, it is awesome!
    Hope you're right there! She really needs a weapon of some sort. With all of the various figures that have gotten a little something extra, I really don't see why Netossa can't have a weapon. Hopefully we can keep up the same communication that got Frosta her shield.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    This makes the third classic POP toy missing accessory. Tallstar's pants, Starla's back pack and now Netossa's face guard.
    Add Tallstar's waist extension and Jewelstar's gem form to that list. Why does this keep happening? :/ I really wish they would start consulting the POP fans on this stuff.

Oh I think the 4H are fully clued up on this stuff...items are being cut at Mattel because they do not believe they are important. I say let the 4H do what they do best..... produce the toys with accessories that they know the fans want. It would make situations like this much less frequent.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 15, 2012 at 08:19pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Right quick, do we know 100% her accessories are just a shield and a cape? TP He-Man showed up last year incomplete, iirc.

A few fans got together after the panel and spoke to TG about this and also the possibility of a muti pack of the little characters we all want. TG said she is not coming with her face sheild. I think he said this to BCRduke and Jon O (Both members here) who reported it back to Shadow Weavers Realm.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 15, 2012 at 08:33pm.

Cool, thank you Angel-T. So face plate is out, weapon is maybe?

If you want the face plate I suggest voicing that oppinion, many fans are doing this in a nice & respectfull way. The face plate/mask is too important and iconic to Netossa's look for it to just be left out...it's like Catra or Buzz Off without their masks...it just makes no sense. Sword wise I have no idea, but I suppose it would make an ideal accessory for a future weapons pack maybe! :0)