Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 196

Thread: The Official Spinnerella Thread!

  1. #1
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,967

    The Official Spinnerella Thread!

    Show your support for our tornado-creating, dancing, heroine!

    The toy:





    Cardback art:



    Mini-comic appearance:



    Cartoon:





    StyleGuide:





    Artistic Renderings:



    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  2. #2
    The Great Eternal! GrtEternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Posts
    9,524
    I would love to have a MOTUC Spinnerella!

    But then, I would love to have every vintage MOTU and POP ever released or shown a proto pic to be release as well!

    Man, is that your Spinnerella cel? I want that cel! Can I have that cel?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

    *****************************

    "Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

    *****************************

    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,848
    i would get 1!

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  4. #4
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,967
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    But then, I would love to have every vintage MOTU and POP ever released or shown a proto pic to be release as well!
    Me too!

    Man, is that your Spinnerella cel? I want that cel! Can I have that cel?
    No, that's not my art cel. Although I do own a few PoP art cels, Spinnerella isn't amongst them:

    - Adora atop Spirit, with Kowl in a tree
    - Vultak kidnapping Kowl and Kowla
    - Bow, Glimmer and She-Ra escaping the Fright Zone
    - LOTS of Melog medium shots

    I found the art cel picture here:

    http://arashi842.rubberslug.com/gall...D=29825&Page=1

    Tallstar will die with jealousy...because this person owns a Star Sister's cel!

    I love viewing art cels because you get to see the TRUE colours the characters were on the show!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Monasterium, Germany
    Posts
    796
    When I think about it... it would be amazing to have a spinnerella in my collection. She is the rarest regular figure ever produced and soooo expensive...

    Then again, I wonder how they will do all these bands without using fabrics?

  6. #6
    Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Posts
    1,851
    I'm curious to see the bio on Spinnerella. In the way I view her, I regard her as something akin to a wind elemental, giving her the power to influence the air currents and climate conditions on Etheria. Maybe she's still learning the full extent of her abilities and perhaps her "airheaded" personality makes her more of a wild card on the battlefield as she struggles to harness her powers.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior neno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    211
    Can't wait to see Spinny in MOTUC! Will her hair have two colors like the vintage figure does???

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Atomicdios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    637
    I think she's great but is that a bunny on her belt?

  9. #9
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,893
    Spinnerella is a must-have. If they don't use fabric for her skirt, then it'd be great if they could make every strip bendy so we can pose them however we like.

    Oh and I forgot who came up with this idea, but awhile back I remember reading that she should come with two closed hands and two blades...so she can slice-and-dice as she's spinning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Tallstar will die with jealousy...because this person owns a Star Sister's cel!
    I have a Star Sisters cel too in my collection, but it only features Tallstar on it and she's partially extended. The one on that page is all sorts of awesome. Me want, badly!

  10. #10
    HeroicUniter PrinceAdam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I'm curious to see the bio on Spinnerella. In the way I view her, I regard her as something akin to a wind elemental, giving her the power to influence the air currents and climate conditions on Etheria. Maybe she's still learning the full extent of her abilities and perhaps her "airheaded" personality makes her more of a wild card on the battlefield as she struggles to harness her powers.
    All good ideas here. I also like the idea of her being armed with blades. The frilliness of the design needs to be overhauled a bit to fit in more, but the idea of her being a comedy relief character does a lot to help that. And she is a messenger? Is she a spy or something? Perhaps she could be Double Trouble's contact outside the Horde....
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

  11. #11
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,179
    I would love to have a Spinerella in my vintage POP collection, but I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one. I'll have to settle for MOTUC. I love her big bouffant hairdo.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  12. #12
    Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    All good ideas here. I also like the idea of her being armed with blades. The frilliness of the design needs to be overhauled a bit to fit in more, but the idea of her being a comedy relief character does a lot to help that. And she is a messenger? Is she a spy or something? Perhaps she could be Double Trouble's contact outside the Horde....
    I always saw Flutterina as more of the messenger for the Rebellion, being tasked to deliver messages to the different groups involved all over Etheria.

    I tend to regard Spinerella as the youngest in the group, as the one with the most to learn about herself and her abilities. Given her previous characterization, I don't think she was a spy given her "ditzy" nature.
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; May 3, 2011 at 12:37pm.

  13. #13
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Spinny the holy grail of the She-Ra line.

    We have 2, one complete and one almost complete

    This and Netossa are my most anticipated POP figures
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  14. #14
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,967
    Quote Originally Posted by neno View Post
    Can't wait to see Spinny in MOTUC! Will her hair have two colors like the vintage figure does???
    I sure hope it has the two colours!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Spinnerella is a must-have. If they don't use fabric for her skirt, then it'd be great if they could make every strip bendy so we can pose them however we like.
    I think a thin, bendy material would be best. This way, people can keep the strips straight, or "twirl" them...and they would stay. I'm all about options! They just better sculpt the EXACT amount the toy has and not do 2 for the arms and 3 for her waist like the cartoon. So lazy.

    Oh and I forgot who came up with this idea, but awhile back I remember reading that she should come with two closed hands and two blades...so she can slice-and-dice as she's spinning.
    They could just give her two comb-axes!

    I have a Star Sisters cel too in my collection, but it only features Tallstar on it and she's partially extended. The one on that page is all sorts of awesome. Me want, badly!
    I forgot you had one, but I knew you'd be jealous!

    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Spinny the holy grail of the She-Ra line.

    We have 2, one complete and one almost complete

    This and Netossa are my most anticipated POP figures
    You have two almost COMPLETE ones?! I have three...but not a single complete one. I'm missing her darn skirt! I think I have the combs for all of them though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  15. #15
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,416
    Interesting figure! Not one of my top favorites from when I looked through the archives, but still an eye-catching design. Only reason why this one is lower on my list is because of the potential for failure without cloth items. I just don't see ANY plastic streamers doing as well as the cloth used on the original figure in the pics, there. Only thing I could think of is interchangeable streamers: ones in the "down" position for standing there, and ones out and fluttering for the spinning position. Still, either way, she won't be that fun to pose 'cause those things will constantly be in the way.

    Still, if they DO manage to figure out how to do it and still have her be fun as a figure: i'm liking the idea of giving her two comb axes! Either that, or maybe two of those "bubble power" swords in short dagger form.
    Last edited by Alexx; May 11, 2014 at 11:10pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior UTK007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C. / NOVA
    Posts
    290
    I just hope that Mattel keeps Spinnerella and Netossa's (hinted at) lesbian relationship.

  17. #17
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,983
    I can add one of my redesigns to this thread. I went a bit far and gave her a more gypsy look but i even gave her her dagger, as i think itīs not really a sword, to small for my taste.

    For the vintage toy they palnned to give her She-Ras Starsword but i changed the star into more of a figurine with her "bunny" emblem.




    As i said at the Netossa Thread, i have never been a big fan of those two but after researching them, i really started to like them and the hinted relationship they are in just makes them even more interesting, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Niki; May 3, 2011 at 01:18pm.

  18. #18
    Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Posts
    1,851
    I like the gypsy angle on her background. Traveling through Etheria, entertaining various villages with her dancing. Maybe she's unaware of her heritage as a it ties to her abilities.

  19. #19
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,967
    If PoP made it to MYP or the 200X line, I would have loved them to do Spinnerella like this! Gypsy makes perfect sense. She's a dancer and I believe they said in her Filmation episode that they travel/wander...so it just fits!

    Dancing for money and if they get handsy...TORNADO!

    Dancing for money and they don't pay...DAGGER through the heart!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  20. #20
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    I like the gypsy angle on her background. Traveling through Etheria, entertaining various villages with her dancing. Maybe she's unaware of her heritage as a it ties to her abilities.
    I really thought that would fit her character and gypsies are mysterious plus they are free spirits, so the Horde with their rules and technology is the absolute contrast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    If PoP made it to MYP or the 200X line, I would have loved them to do Spinnerella like this! Gypsy makes perfect sense. She's a dancer and I believe they said in her Filmation episode that they travel/wander...so it just fits!

    Dancing for money and if they get handsy...TORNADO!

    Dancing for money and they don't pay...DAGGER through the heart!
    All her talents come very handy if you ask me and i have forgotten to mention, gypsies are very emotional again nice yang to Netossas coolness(ying).
    Last edited by Niki; May 3, 2011 at 01:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #21
    Rebel Jubilation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,436
    I always thought that the coolest thing about Spinny was that she was friends with Netossa. I mean lets face it, if your hanging with Netossa you have to be cool!.

    Spinny would be a nice addition for sure, I have her vintage figure and it's definately the crown jewel in my collection. I've also always liked purple haired super heroes, Psylocke is a favourite of mine as is Flutterina and that Horde vixen Entrapta.

  22. #22
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    I always thought that the coolest thing about Spinny was that she was friends with Netossa. I mean lets face it, if your hanging with Netossa you have to be cool!.

    Spinny would be a nice addition for sure, I have her vintage figure and it's definately the crown jewel in my collection. I've also always liked purple haired super heroes, Psylocke is a favourite of mine as is Flutterina and that Horde vixen Entrapta.
    High five on all that!

    British Psylocke's design, also very much reminds me of Spinnerella! Both have pink butterflies (Psylocke's mental ability and Spinnerella's chest design), both pretty much have the same hair and colour scheme and they also both have streamers coming from their wrists!

    EDIT: Psylocke also shares Spinnerella's "bunny symbol." Check out the exposed skin and the symbol in the middle on the last picture:



    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 3, 2011 at 03:42pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  23. #23
    Totally Dyslexic Niki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,983
    Thatīs my favorite Psylocke picture:



    They day she became an X-men!

    And itīs true they both do have simiularities!

  24. #24
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by UTK007 View Post
    I just hope that Mattel keeps Spinnerella and Netossa's (hinted at) lesbian relationship.
    I would love that but I fully expect Mattel to not even acknowledge they know each other outside fighting in the same battles

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    You have two almost COMPLETE ones?! I have three...but not a single complete one. I'm missing her darn skirt! I think I have the combs for all of them though.
    We have 1 fully complete, the other is missing her spinning base and shield as far as I can remember.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  25. #25
    Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    www.smashbros.com
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    If they don't use fabric for her skirt, then it'd be great if they could make every strip bendy so we can pose them however we like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think a thin, bendy material would be best. This way, people can keep the strips straight, or "twirl" them...and they would stay. I'm all about options! They just better sculpt the EXACT amount the toy has and not do 2 for the arms and 3 for her waist like the cartoon. So lazy.
    Surely by now they've brainstormed on exactly how they are going to work around the "no cloth" rule with Spinnerella's skirt, I mean, I KNOW you guys were thinking "Here comes Netossa!!" when you saw Leech's net!

    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I can add one of my redesigns to this thread. I went a bit far and gave her a more gypsy look but i even gave her her dagger, as i think itīs not really a sword, to small for my taste.

    As i said at the Netossa Thread, i have never been a big fan of those two but after researching them, i really started to like them and the hinted relationship they are in just makes them even more interesting, if you ask me.
    Love the gypsy look! Wandering nomads who help the needy and less fortunate, entertaining with song and dance; who might have a "relationship" kept under wraps. I'll be nothing less than disappointed if there's no hint to it at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Dancing for money and if they get handsy...TORNADO!

    Dancing for money and they don't pay...DAGGER through the heart!


    British Psylocke's design, also very much reminds me of Spinnerella! Both have pink butterflies (Psylocke's mental ability and Spinnerella's chest design), both pretty much have the same hair and colour scheme and they also both have streamers coming from their wrists!
    Greg Land "art"? AIEEE Away with thee! *offtopic* British Betsy > Asian Betsy *offtopic* =P
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •