Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Spinnerella Thread!

Just a random thought but what if she came with two skirts? One where the streamers are down for standing and one where the streamers are up like she is spinning around? As for her bracelets just make them where they lock on to pegs in the wrist or something to that affect?
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

That sounds like a decent idea to me.

With figures like Mekaneck, Rattlor and Spikor they proofed itīs possible to recreate the original gimmick. Rattlor even got his rattle.

Fang Mans design seems to go even further, his jaw and tongue are moveable. So he even gets his first release ever included with a new gimmick!

If those characters get that treatment why shouldnīt Spinnerella ?!

Oh-we HAVE to get Spinnerella. Netossa needs her pal!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I hope they get to Spinnerella soon. She's one of my most anticipated POP laydeez! I also hope they give her the pinched features of the Filmation version. She's strikingly statuesque in her one Filmation appearance!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I'm anxious to see how the 4H approached the design.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I would like the Toon version in as much as the skirt is concerned. I like streamlined (hehe) and a bunch of plastic (soft but still fairly ridged) strands hanging off her waist would be...unseemly. However it is possible the 4H could do it justice somehow.

I would not mind two toned hair. I would like the arm strands, but If there were alot of them I'd kinda want them removable. She is definately the kind of character that is difficult to imagine without cloth. I do prefer the sculpted plastic in MOTUC with the exception of Grizzlor (hehe) but she could be one that needs it.

Frankly if they basically just make the Toon version with little to no toy insperation I would be ok with that. Whatever the case I am excited to see 4H tackle this dangling strand problem.

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Give me her to help flesh out Etheria's forces of good, and besides my 5yr old and my 9yr old both think she is awsome.
    My wants:Evil Seed, Calix, Hungra,Sneer, Veena, Lady Slither

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I would like the Toon version in as much as the skirt is concerned. I like streamlined (hehe) and a bunch of plastic (soft but still fairly ridged) strands hanging off her waist would be...unseemly. However it is possible the 4H could do it justice somehow.
    The Filmation design for Spinnerella is just a less detailed version of Toy Spinnerella. They both have strands hanging from the bracelets and arms. The toys are two colours and spiraled. The cartoon version is blue for the arms and purple for the skirt. You can see that the skirt is made of strands when she spins:

I *really* hope they go pure Toy design and colours on Spinnerella. She needs her crown. They could make a second head as the "Filmation" one. That would be cool. The toy of Spinnerella and her cardback art are SO beautiful and the colours go so well together. The Filmation version is so plain and bland. No blending of colours...and the orange and blue symbol on her belt clash. They go with nothing. The pink on the toy belt match her accessories, crown, bracelets and chest design.

In her magazine appearance, she also had the two-toned hair and blue and purple streamers in her skirt. Her singular appearance in the FIlmation cartoon is the ONLY time she had solid purple strands for her skirt.

Here's an interesting take on what she could look like in MOTUC by a fan:

If someone can customize a beautiful, small, beaded Spinnerella with two-toned streamers...I have faith the Four Horsemen can make her two-toned streamers.

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 17, 2014 at 03:38pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

As much as I like Spinerella I'm worried how her figure will turn out. It will be difficult to make her skirt without it looking bulky, if the strands are too thin they will tear. I kind of wish they would go with fabric material. Her toy design is much better looking, but the Filmation look will be easier for them to make.

Maybe her skirt piece will be removable.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    BUMP for this thread!

The gal is gorgeous! A knockout from the 4H!

Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

She's gorgeous!
    During the panel they said that her hair are three pieces customizable. I don't know what this means.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Spinnerella looks great! I love the reuse if the Goddess' spear, too. Netossa will finally get her companion and the Rebellion is swelling in ranks now.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by PaoloKr View Post
    She's gorgeous!
    During the panel they said that her hair are three pieces customizable. I don't know what this means.
    I think the crown is removable and that some hair is attached to it. There's probably another piece that can be removed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabooyah View Post
    I think the crown is removable and that some hair is attached to it. There's probably another piece that can be removed as well.
    Ok thanks!
    I'm also wondering if she comes with the pink spinning stand/backpack?
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    She turned out perfectly. The best POP figure so far.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shabooyah View Post
    Something is off on her hair, like a whole layer of hair is missing in the middle.

Finally!!! Mattel has redeemed themselves for her shortage back in the 80s. Now all I have to pay is $30 for a MOC Spinny instead of $3,000+ for the vintage. I can truly die happy. And it doesn't hurt that they far exceeded my expectations.

Court Magician
    Even though we knew she was coming (at some point) seeing her was still a total surprise.
    I really like what they did with her, I'm really looking forward to getting her in hand or seeing a Pixel Dan review to see how she moves and works (with the extra hair)

She looks really powerful and not a woman to mess with.

Can't wait to get her

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    She is gorgeous!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    So why is she more money? Are they saying that the streamers cost $5?

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Deco hits. Every other strand needs a different paint application. As we found out from Rattlor, they each count as one "thing" on the list of expenses. Add the 3-piece hair design, and the new tooling... they could have cut something, or they could have raised the price. Scott told us in February, they chose to raise the price.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    So why is she more money? Are they saying that the streamers cost $5?
    My question as well. Does she come with a spinning stand that was not shown?
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Man, they put a lot of work into this one! Still, it looks like I may have to cut her streamers apart a bit to get the movement I want from her legs. We'll see. Also....I dunno why they thought a spear went well with a spinning person. Strange choice. I may match it with someone else. I'm at least glad they reused the Goddess spear, finally!

Overall I like the look, but I'm afraid of limited poseablity. We'll have to see once she's in hand.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Yes! finally!!! She's great, thx for that Mattel.

The Four Horsemen totally did her justice. She's absolutely amazing! Not what I thought was going in the $30 slot (I was hoping for Granita, myself), but definitely welcome. Club Etheria ends on a high note!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra