Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.57!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.57!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 57 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Son of Keldor,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. zodak74:
    Is vac-metalized armor a possibility on Hurricane Hordak? Vintage Entrapta and Mekaneck's goggles featured this, and it would be great to have them appear in MOTUC with vac-metalized parts instead of a dull matte paint job as seen on Hurricane Hordak at Wonder Con.

Yes, as announced at WonderCon, Facebook, several times on our Mattycollector.com fan forums and in the April 15th Ask Matty session on several sites, he will indeed have vac-metallized armor.

2. TheFallen:
    While I really enjoyed his inclusion in the line, Mo-Larr was met with mixed reactions. Has this experience with Mo-Larr soured you on releasing any further "celebrity" MOTUC figures in the future and are there any characters that would fall into this category?

Mo-Larr actually sold just as well as any other figure despite fans on both sides of the aisle with strong opinions. We did have leftover stock due to Cartoon Network backing out of their order at the last minute. But the quota we sold through on Mattycollector.com was the same as any other figure. So it is clear there is a market for this type of figure. You never know what the future will bring.

3. guy-dude:
    We learned about the Faceless One on May 6, 2009 two years before he was slated to be released. Could we now find out what April 2013's figure is slated to be? It was fun to have that countdown marker.

We teased a 2011 figure back in 2009 to show fans how far we had the line planned down. At this point most fans know this so we won’t be “teasing” and more future figures. Especially since plans do often change and we don’t want to wind up with pie on our face (even Faceless one wound up changing from his original slot of May 2011 to June 2011 due to logistical issues!)

4. mick4metal:
    You have said mini-comic characters are an option for figures. What do you think about the warrior in yellow who is participating in a tug of war against He-man in the mini-comic Skeletor's Dragon as a figure, or other characters like a male non-Sorceress mini-comic Zoar?...a possible Oo-lar pet.

While we certainly could do this figure, we think it would take a lot of fan support to get him into the line. What say you He-Fans?

5. Zargon:
    My understanding is that the Club Eternia and convention exclusives will not be re-issued. But I see that both versions of Orko say "Gone for Good". Will the regular release of Orko w/ Prince Adam be available again or even re-issued separately?

Yes, we will eventually reissue the non SDCC version of Orko and Prince Adam.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 59!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 57 questions!

Aren't they ending up with pie in their face for NOT teasing another figure, though?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    YAY! No one asked about Dials!!!!!

BOO! They dont rule out another Dentist style abomination!!

dang!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'm really surprised they're going to re-issue Orko and Adam!! Well, I guess they are main characters and all but I thought sub exclusives and SDCC items weren't going to be re-issued.

Little passive-aggressive on that first answer (in keeping with how they seemed to have answered many other sites this month as well).

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    3. guy-dude:
    We learned about the Faceless One on May 6, 2009 two years before he was slated to be released. Could we now find out what April 2013's figure is slated to be? It was fun to have that countdown marker.

We teased a 2011 figure back in 2009 to show fans how far we had the line planned down. At this point most fans know this so we won’t be “teasing” and more future figures. Especially since plans do often change and we don’t want to wind up with pie on our face (even Faceless one wound up changing from his original slot of May 2011 to June 2011 due to logistical issues!)
    I don't like this answer. Toyguru, despite The Faceless One not keeping the May slot, the fact that he was leaked two years early HELPED illustrate that the line was planned well in advance. I think TG underestimates the effect of knowing how far the line is being planned has on fans who think every little slip-up like King Hssss' shoulders or wasted tooling dollars means the beginning of the end of the line.

The revealed character doesn't even has to be a major character. It should be someone non-vintage and obscure. This would be wonderful for POP or NA fans who usually feel snubbed. Really, is revealing that Butthead or Perfuma is planned for August 2013 going to upset anything?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I wonder what really happened with Cartoon Network, we know it was supposed to come with a DVD but then they backed out leaving Mattel holding the extra stock.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I'm really surprised they're going to re-issue Orko and Adam!! Well, I guess they are main characters and all but I thought sub exclusives and SDCC items weren't going to be re-issued.
    The SDCC color change version, and the SDCC tatoo He-ro will never see the light of day again. But the Matty versions are still possible and always have been.

Actually I think the Sub exclusives are the only things they've ever said will never be released again.

Heroic Warrior
    2. TheFallen:
    While I really enjoyed his inclusion in the line, Mo-Larr was met with mixed reactions. Has this experience with Mo-Larr soured you on releasing any further "celebrity" MOTUC figures in the future and are there any characters that would fall into this category?

Mo-Larr actually sold just as well as any other figure despite fans on both sides of the aisle with strong opinions. We did have leftover stock due to Cartoon Network backing out of their order at the last minute. But the quota we sold through on Mattycollector.com was the same as any other figure. So it is clear there is a market for this type of figure. You never know what the future will bring.
    While it's VERY clear and obvious to any fan following MOTUC sales that Mo-Larr DIDN'T sell very well (and definitely slowlier than the regular figures), Mattel insists on the contrary !

So, it seems we can expect more NON-MOTU characters appearing and taking skus, tooling and slots of requested figures ! Mo-Larr was an exception and was funded by a partner, but if Cartoon Network backed out of their order, I guess Mattel might take other measures for the next joke/non-MOTU figures...

I'm definitely against such non-MOTU figures : they delay the release of genuine MOTU ( & POP & NA) figures, and delay even further the release of popular figures.

I for one won't buy non-MOTU characters, and certainly not joke characters.
    Last edited by Prahvus; May 4, 2011 at 10:30am.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I wonder what really happened with Cartoon Network, we know it was supposed to come with a DVD but then they backed out leaving Mattel holding the extra stock.
    I want to know this as well. Not very nice of Cartoon Network.

Other than that...kind of boring this round. They should have teased another figure! Even if if falls out by a few months or whatever, it's fun to have on your "figure ticker." We ALL had fun with the Faceless One countdown. *shrugs*
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    Little passive-aggressive on that first answer (in keeping with how they seemed to have answered many other sites this month as well).
    I agree... RUDE! LOL... when that question was posted, it was well before they answered the same one on all of the other sites' Q & A's.

TheFallen:
    While I really enjoyed his inclusion in the line, Mo-Larr was met with mixed reactions. Has this experience with Mo-Larr soured you on releasing any further "celebrity" MOTUC figures in the future and are there any characters that would fall into this category?[/I]

I didn't ask about how well he sold, I just wanted to know if they would sell another celebrity figure.

I am glad they would still think about it regardless off all you fans who hated the idea. I guess you're not 'true fans' like the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't like this answer. Toyguru, despite The Faceless One not keeping the May slot, the fact that he was leaked two years early HELPED illustrate that the line was planned well in advance. I think TG underestimates the effect of knowing how far the line is being planned has on fans who think every little slip-up like King Hssss' shoulders or wasted tooling dollars means the beginning of the end of the line.

The revealed character doesn't even has to be a major character. It should be someone non-vintage and obscure. This would be wonderful for POP or NA fans who usually feel snubbed. Really, is revealing that Butthead or Perfuma is planned for August 2013 going to upset anything?
    It's a terrific point you've made. If I knew Sagitar or the Wizardess were being planned into the line in two years, it would be HUGE and a nice thing to keep in mind as the months roll by!

2. TheFallen:

YAH! Hope for JOSH is still alive! That is, if they made him a comedic character...
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; May 4, 2011 at 08:08pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Aren't they ending up with pie in their face for NOT teasing another figure, though?
    I wouldn't if I were them. If they tease a figure and, for some reason, it doesn't come out the month or year they "promised", there will be WWIII on the forums again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am glad they would still think about it regardless off all you fans who hated the idea. I guess you're not 'true fans' like the rest of us
    I'm right with you. I'm not even a big Robot Chicken fan(I don't hate it, but I don't watch it either), but I really liked Mo-Larr. As long as the "joke" fits into MOTU and doesn't involve bathroom humor(I don't want a "Kitty Litter Cringer" for instance), I think it keeps the fun in this line strong. I know some people want He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe to be about the "hardcore" bloody battles of a blonde Conan, but I am definitely not one of those people. I say bring on Stinkor, Rio Blast, Ninjor, and the Comet Warriors.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; May 5, 2011 at 02:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I wouldn't if I were them. If they tease a figure and, for some reason, it doesn't come out the month or year they "promised", there will be WWIII on the forums again.
    Really?
    I don't remember people being very upset that the Faceless One got bumped a month.
    Most of the replies I remember were sympathetic and to the effect of "better to bump it a month than rush it".

I don't see the harm. But it's their call... if they really don't want to do it, ok.
    *shrug*
    Bill :: guitargod694

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    (I don't want a "Kitty Litter Cringer" for instance)
    I wonder if that will be the hand out this year at SDCC like the Moss Man deodorant?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Really?
    I don't remember people being very upset that the Faceless One got bumped a month.
    Who can remember at this point? While there are some legitimate reasons to be unhappy with Mattel, I've also seen people flip out over things that I would never have dreamed anyone would get mad about.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Who can remember at this point? While there are some legitimate reasons to be unhappy with Mattel, I've also seen people flip out over things that I would never have dreamed anyone would get mad about.
    True... there are things that some people care about that I don't understand.
    But I read literally every post in this forum, and I don't recall anyone reacting to the news with anything that seemed over the top.

But then, I read literally every post in this forum, so perhaps that is clouding my memory.
    I feel like I have a pretty good handle on what things people, in general, did and did not get riled up about.
    But maybe I'm wrong.

But maybe I'm wrong.
    If that's how you remember it, you're probably right.

JOIN THE GROUP...

If that's how you remember it, you're probably right.
    Not at all trying to prove you wrong, I was just genuinely curious if I was mis-remembering, so I looked it up!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=199367

And one thing I forgot which may be a factor is that when he was bumped,
    it was for a "female figure".
    I think that may have softened the blow that some people would've otherwise felt.
    But still, people were generally very cool with it.
    And it's fun to read back over people's old speculation and see what came to be and what didn't.

Not at all trying to prove you wrong, I was just genuinely curious if I was mis-remembering, so I looked it up!
    Don't worry about it. I didn't think you were trying to prove me wrong. I also wasn't trying to be sarcastic or play the martyr. I figured I just remembered wrong. As a mod, I'm sure you've retained a lot more of the past posts than I ever have. Not only do I not click on every thread, I often skim over a lot of posts. You have to read all of them.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    I hate how all we got was "yes, he will have vac metalized armor" when he knew that and pointed out that he knew by stating that he'd seen him as such at a convention. The question here was, will we have other characters in the same type of vac metallization, like Entrapta?!

I personally would love to get her this way again if it can be done well. I'd also love to see a He-Man and She-Ra (both silver and gold) sword done with the blades vac metalized like we saw in the life size version at the con.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Can someone please tell me what WTFWTK means? I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Can someone please tell me what WTFWTK means? I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out.
    What-The-Fans-Want-To-Know

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    What-The-Fans-Want-To-Know
    Thank you sir. That makes more sense than what I thought it was...... Although what I thought was a heck of a lot funnier.