Thread: Why man-E-faces uses that suit?

Why man-E-faces uses that suit?

although I liked his bio, this is like the minicomic, I would have liked an explanation about his suit.
    I always imagine that suit (made by duncan)was created to control his mutations.
    without that suit, he'd be in a schizophrenia state permanent
    changing his personality all time

what do you think about it?

Good question! I was gona add him to my "What IS that?" thread when he came out.

The problem with Man-E is that he's had some pretty goofy bios over the years. They always peg him as an actor, but what child is gona think of that when you get him in hand? I guess he's shown to impersonate people in some cannons, so the suit could be a Zartan-like hologram suit that allows him to take anyone's form. But...you'd think that would be displayed better, you know? His obvious feature is faces! When I was little, this guy was a Frankenstein FREAK, you know? I always imagined he was a horrible technological experiment where they tried to fuse two bodies together. Wasn't working, so they used one body and built a mechanical suit around it, then fused the heads. The robot head would be a final "control unit" to control both sides so that neither goes insane from the process. In the end, when he's brought to the good side, he uses his different "personalities" like he does in most cannons: beast for strength and other beastly things, human for normal human stuff, and robot for all those technical things.

...course none of that works in the standard cannon, but I'm gona ignore all that actor stuff.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I like that the idea when he was "normal," the suit projected a hologram face so he could switch characters, then when he drank the cool-aid and the whole business happened, the suit keeps his 3 images in control. Without it, he goes nuts like how you said.

I really don't want Man-At-Arms having to mess around with everything. Man-At-Arms is like becoming a mad scientist of Eternia. Doesn't he ever just heal somebody back to normal.

I just hope Man-At-Arms doesn't meet up with the Human Centipede guy. I would hate for them to trade ideas.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i've wondered that too. why the suite? was he injured like mekaneck?

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    although I liked his bio, this is like the minicomic, I would have liked an explanation about his suit.
    I always imagine that suit (made by duncan)was created to control his mutations.
    without that suit, he'd be in a schizophrenia state permanent
    changing his personality all time

what do you think about it?
    The thing is that he already wore the suit before he had even his first mutation, so it can't have been made by MAA.

But you're right, there should be an explanation for the suit. What else would you have had other than the mini comic though? That is the only source of his origin. I don't think there's ever been an alternate explanation elsewhere.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

I always just took it for some sort of life support mechanism.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I always just took it for some sort of life support mechanism.
    The mini-comic shows him wearing a full mask without the helmet part on, so that's the main reason I'm inclined to believe his getup serves some other purpose. Since even his human form is disguised with the red mask thing over his eyes, I'm thinking he uses the helmet to cover up any other identifying features. (i.e. his hair) ...or perhaps, since he's an entertainer, he's trying to get into character by pretending his face is in a television screen...lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    The thing is that he already wore the suit before he had even his first mutation, so it can't have been made by MAA.
    ok but it could have been changed in this canon as so many other things.

But you're right, there should be an explanation for the suit. What else would you have had other than the mini comic though? That is the only source of his origin. I don't think there's ever been an alternate explanation elsewhere.
    yes,there is a slightly different story, in a UK comic man-E-faces has not his suit ,we see the true face of him ,before being cursed by Skeletor.

What is that image from? I've never seen that before. It must be extremely rare, but the art looks pretty similar to the early mini comics or the DC comics with Adam in blue.

Wow...love that artwork up there. But man Marlena and Randor look disgusted by Man-E...
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

That image is from the UK annuals, so it looks like the suit was part of the experiment from Skeletor, as he was a normal looking Eternian beforehand
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    That image is from the UK annuals, so it looks like the suit was part of the experiment from Skeletor, as he was a normal looking Eternian beforehand
    Except that in the mini comics when Skeletor first encountered him, he was already wearing that suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    Wow...love that artwork up there. But man Marlena and Randor look disgusted by Man-E...
    Maybe Man-E-Faces is a hammy actor and has a bit of a bad reputation. That could be why they're looking at him disapprovingly, as if they can't believe Adam brought him along as the evening's entertainment.

In my canon, the mini-comic fits with the Filmation cartoon and the MVC Comic.

In the mini-comic, Skeletor effects the physical changes by way of a magical potion.

In Filmation and MVC, Manny is an illusionist. He uses his suit to create the disguise. He was capable of disguising his entire body and voice as Beast Man in Filmation; he was able to do the same as a Snake Man in the MVC Comic.

The split personality thing is almost a separate power in a sense. Without the suit, he'd still have the magical face changes... with the suit, he can create full-body changes as other characters... and I think he created the suit and used it in his profession, becoming the greatest actor on Eternia.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Man-E-Faces just wanted to put his own spin on the original costume of the Martian Manhunter is all.

I like the idea of it being a life support/ containment suit to control the magics that caused his "condition."

I'd take a pre-curse Man-E, too!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I like the idea of it being a life support/ containment suit to control the magics that caused his "condition."

I'd take a pre-curse Man-E, too!
    Keep in mind that Man-E-Faces will have a secret item closed also.