Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else running out of room?

Anyone else running out of room?

When the line was in its early stages, I purchased four 6' shelves to hold my collection thinking it would be plenty of room. Well here we are 3 years later, many figures released and the prospect of the line running to approximately 2016. Simply put, I'm running out of room!

I was just curious if anyone else is experiencing this as the line continues to grow. I'm kind of picky about my display and I try at all costs to avoid that "cluttered" look that often comes with toy collecting.

I'm also curious if anyone has any space saving tips? Here is my set up from a few months ago, it has grown with Megator, Man-E, Malena etc. Thanks for looking.

Heroic Warrior
    I had to buy a second plastic storage bin to throw my figures into.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    When the line was in its early stages, I purchased four 6' shelves to hold my collection thinking it would be plenty of room. Well here we are 3 years later, many figures released and the prospect of the line running to approximately 2016. Simply put, I'm running out of room!

I was just curious if anyone else is experiencing this as the line continues to grow. I'm kind of picky about my display and I try at all costs to avoid that "cluttered" look that often comes with toy collecting.

I'm also curious if anyone has any space saving tips? Here is my set up from a few months ago, it has grown with Megator, Man-E, Malena etc. Thanks for looking.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Terry75/motu1.jpg
    Your display looks very organized and displays rather nicely.

From the looks of it, you have more than enough room on your shelves to display more figures if you place them closer together as you did with King Randor and the Palace Guards.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I am starting to. I have a space for one more cabinet, but between both of the lines I collect (DCUC and MOTUC), space is getting short.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    This is before the kids take it , about a week later all i get is a big pile of Masters

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I also know that problem... how to display them nice but still to have room...

I think there is never a perfect solution for this issue

Sure, but my other stuff is expendable.

Seriously though, I'm okay for a few years yet, although I can't really display my figures on a shelf since I'm usng a built-in cupboard.

I'm fortunate enough to have an entire room devoted to Vintage, 200X, & Classics MOTU. I feel bad knowing most of you are loose collectors running out of room. I have mostly, o.k. about 90% MOC. They display great and I can move them easier into whatever order or have a complete makeover done. In any case I love seeing everybody's collection Loose or MOC. Oh, to answer the question YES I'm running into trouble finding room.

Court Magician
    I agree with the Op
    I'm at the stage where I have every figure and there just isn't room for more... yet I have next years sub plus the 30th ann to look forward to... my partner is ready to kill me I think!
    Did think about cancelling my subs, but just couldn't do it

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry75 View Post
    Anyone else running out of room?
    A long time ago. But it wasn't because of MOTUC. That's just an infinitely small portion of my collecting habits.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

This is why we need a new MOTUC carrying case!

I suggested this at the beginning of the line and was laughed at...people said they weren't lugging their figures over to their friend's house to play.

I still think a newly designed case with all new artwork that holds eight figures and all their accessories neatly and compactly would be a huge smash.

It would be a great nostalgia piece too...
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Yeah, I've got two IKEA Detolf shelves pretty much devoted to Masters. The very bottom shelves hold Hot Toys because I don't like having the smaller figures that low. And I do have more room in those if I just want to cram the figures in. But to keep them nice and give them enough space to pose and breathe I really need to buy more.

The other day, I was thinking to myself... let's say this line lasts until 2017 (yes, it could go further, but let's just use this...)

If I need two IKEA shelves after about 3 years... that means I'll need four more to hold the rest of the collection! And that's not even if we get a Grayskull!

I'll either need a room dedicated to displaying toys or store the toys away... and I don't usually keep toys that go in totes. I never really got the point of buying toys just to store them away out of sight.

I'm completely running out of room. Now with a new baby coming, I am losing my secondary room. So I will have room to display my 20 favorite figures, and that's it. The rest will have to go in storage.
    Who has the Power?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm short on space also, so just display the ones I really really like. Plus it gives me less to dust. I think I have 11 figures total on my MOTUC shelf. I have the others but they are in boxes in the closet.
    Good trades with: Cammor

I'm really short on space. I could still double up my collection on the shelves I have but toys packed too closely together look awful IMO.

It's what made me seriously think about the 2012 sub. I got one, but 2013 is going to be a hard decision and I may need to trim back on figures that are not favourites.

Indeed. I have Masters, Joe, and SoC figures on display, and it's spilling over. I need to simplify and consolidate...or just move to a new house. ;-)

I just built a larger display cabinet so I'm ready for Swift Wind, the Wind Raider and all the awesomeness 2012 will bring!

When it comes to strictly regular figures, I still have plenty of room left for them as I pose them fairly close to one another, but when it comes to beasts and the upcoming Wind Raider, well, that I'm gonna be running out of room come the end of the year as I have everything on a small bookshelf at the moment.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yeah. Definitely running out of room. MOTU is starting to surround me. MOTU is appearing in places away from the main display of it. What the hell am I gonna do with all the stuff next year?!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I rotate characters regularly so I always have room.

I was lucky enough to get a whole room devoted to my action figures, so I have enough room for my MOTUC collection. It is taking a long time to set up, though.

I ran out of room for displaying toys in general long long ago. But I was surprised when I was changing up the display at how much room the MOTUC did take up. I'st still got room for a bunch more (a lot more if I cram) but not as much as I thought I would have.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Nope, got plenty of room left throughout 2017.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    A long time ago. But it wasn't because of MOTUC. That's just an infinitely small portion of my collecting habits.
    Exactly how I feel. I really have very little displayed and only the 200X Clawful Statue from Masters. I have a bedroom completely full of boxes and cases of figures. I hope to get enough space one day to have some very nice displays

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Our office has room for more shelves so I'm good in that department. The room will however pretty much be completely MOTU Classics though which is craziness. My wife is cool with it though and seems to somewhat enjoy them.

This does not mean it's perfect though. If the line keeps going with unknown characters and all eras us collectors will need an entire room to display everything if we desire to do so. Vehicles are going to take up quite a bit of space I bet.

For me if it eventually looks too cluttered the POP figures will be stored followed by NA, unless I absolutely love the character.
    I hope I like these things in 20 years because I'm going to have a lot of them!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"