Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War Support Thread!!

If they could somehow release this figure looking similar to the great mock up above and make him cost LESS than a regular figure since he has no new tooling (guess we'd loose the rope), than I'd like him. Maybe a three pack of all repaints for $40 or a two pack for $25. I doubt Mattel would bite at that though because it would set a precedent for other repaints they don't want to have to follow.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh my God...the birth of the "real names." So, that's how they're originally created!
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Meet Tug-O-War
    Obviously a unique sculpted head would work better...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Alright! Good job Iceman! One step closer. Lets get that pic to Mattel ASAP!
    Yeah! Now all we need is a bio. I vote for the warrior being an ultra-rare albino Gar. The characteristic long hair of Keldor and the bob cut look of Sy-Klone (with his helmet). His powers can be, as suggested before, to dematerialize within the presence of evil! That would be the greatest power of all! He could never be defeated!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Ack! Oh no, no, no.
    END OF LINE

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah! Now all we need is a bio.
    The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War could very well be a double agent who hates to lose Tug of War. Basically, when participating in tug of war with He-Man, he was worried he might lose this match to the most powerful man in the universe, and rather than tarnish his perfect tug-of-war record, called in Skeletor with Battle Bones to force a tie..

No thanks. I actually thought he was supposed to be a poorly rendered Buzz-Off.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Wun-Dar's head on a repainted Adam body and voila... Tug-O-War.
    Just give him some unique weapons like a large rope and a sword or something.

Meet Tug-O-War

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1304670561
    When I was a kid and first saw this guy back in the day in the mini-comic I thought who is he? Now that the classics line can make anything possible I thought why not pop the question. Kinda surprised by the hatred but to each their own. If we were to get characters from books of course I would rather have Goat-Man, Strobo, Lodar etc. But I don't think having this guy made would be doom and gloom. Seeing this mock up I can just make him myself and I think it is a decent looking figure possibility. As I stated before I have seen fan request for characters that I think are far worse than Tug-O-War.

Meet Tug-O-War

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1304670561[/QUOTE]

I like this idea ICEMAN, and the moc up is awesome! I think for a custom figure I would use an Apache Chief head and flock the vest like King Grayskulls cape. Maybe shorten the name to Tug-Or

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War could very well be a double agent who hates to lose Tug of War. Basically, when participating in tug of war with He-Man, he was worried he might lose this match to the most powerful man in the universe, and rather than tarnish his perfect tug-of-war record, called in Skeletor with Battle Bones to force a tie..
    Another power of his, besides vanishing in the presence of Evil, is to disable the peripheral vision of his friends. This explains how Skeletor and Battles Bones were able to walk up to the Heroic Warriors and snap the tug rope with ease.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

CUT and PRINT! I think this bio and his powers are coming along nicely folks! Almost done! He vanishes in the face of evil, and disables peripheral vision! He'll be just as useful as that spoony bard Edward from Final Fantasy IV.

Now...other than the rope: what about accessories?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    If it was a bonus figure that didn't take up a monthly slot, perhaps. But no way would I support getting him over a named, recognizable figure as a monthly one. I wasn't crazy over getting Vikor, though the figure does look better in hand than it did via promo.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Generic warriors/villagers with switchable clothes/costumes sounds suspiciously like dress up Barbie dolls.

Of course between costume change Marlena and potentially future She-Ra fashion sets...I guess this is my life now.

Yup, I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    CUT and PRINT! I think this bio and his powers are coming along nicely folks! Almost done! He vanishes in the face of evil, and disables peripheral vision! He'll be just as useful as that spoony bard Edward from Final Fantasy IV.

Now...other than the rope: what about accessories?
    Don't forget he's an albino Gar! So he needs to come with a bottle of sunscreen and an umbrella.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd support this character getting made. If Blonde Bikini Teela and Green Goddess made it to plastic form from fans constantly pushing for them (or Toyguru wanting them in the line from the beginning), then this guy could get made too!

If a character takes off due to fan popularity, then it's a testament to the power of influence that the He-Man.org fans have on this line as well as Mattel's capacity for listening to those very same fans.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 7, 2011 at 04:25pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I love this idea. I'm always a fan of new characters.

Heck, I might army build him

Facebook Update from 4H:

Currently working on two MotU Classics figures at the same time!

One is VERY classic. The other might not exactly be considered "classic", but has definitely been one of the most highly requested figures for years.

-FourHorsemen ToyDesign
    Clearly this is discussing The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War as he is very classic, and is highly requested. I can't see this post being interpreted any other way. So this is great news for everybody's favorite Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Clearly this is discussing The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War as he is very classic, and is highly requested. I can't see this post being interpreted any other way. So this is great news for everybody's favorite Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War.
    Your personal hygiene leaves much to be desired, c-krash, but I would be inclined to agree with your logical conclusion.

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    O.K I know this is a joke thread for most of you but come on that mock-up looks kinda cool. I want one.
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

Only if his name is Tug'O'Warrior so I can pat myself on the back about how right I was over his name...this would then lead to me channeling the spirit of James Brown, jumping back, kissing myself, and shouting "Good God y'all!" a lot.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

Not sure how I missed this thread.

Absolutely. For 25 years wanted The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War. This is a more deserving MOTU vs DC 2 pak variant of Prince Adam than blue-vest.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Not sure how I missed this thread.

Absolutely. For 25 years wanted The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War. This is a more deserving MOTU vs DC 2 pak variant of Prince Adam than blue-vest.
    I think the announcement of The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War may be one of the 4 BIG announcements at SDCC.

Heroic Warrior
    If Blue Wind Raider Pilot is coming, this guy needs to be done too!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    Jeez this is amazing there are 5 pages to this thread!!! lol

What's his name going to be?

Tug-Or?

Tuga-War?

Comes with a rope accessory?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Honestly, as long as Mattel doesn't waste a spot for a regularly released figure or a quarterly bonus then sure I'd buy this guy.

This thread amuses me.