Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War Support Thread!!

Great thread haha...

How about "Tug Thug" as an SDCC exclusive with Songster as the hidden accessory?

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Jeez this is amazing there are 5 pages to this thread!!! lol
    Just goes to show how awesome TWIYWIPITOW is.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Sometimes I think that The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War should have his own series. Where he constantly challenges people to tug of war and for some reason the competition is never finished due to some interference or the rope breaking or something or another. I think this could be a hit show either on Saturday mornings, or on prime time. The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War is a marketing blitz waiting to happen.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    CK, I am thinking someone needs to write a bio for this guy....... unless I missed it in the 5 pages of this thread!!!!

Didn't I read somewhere TWIYWIPITOW was intended to play a leading role in MYP season 3?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    CK, I am thinking someone needs to write a bio for this guy....... unless I missed it in the 5 pages of this thread!!!!
    We've got a bit of a bio worked out for him:

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War could very well be a double agent who hates to lose Tug of War. Basically, when participating in tug of war with He-Man, he was worried he might lose this match to the most powerful man in the universe, and rather than tarnish his perfect tug-of-war record, called in Skeletor with Battle Bones to force a tie..
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Another power of his, besides vanishing in the presence of Evil, is to disable the peripheral vision of his friends. This explains how Skeletor and Battles Bones were able to walk up to the Heroic Warriors and snap the tug rope with ease.
    That's about it for the bio right now. Feel free to add any missing details!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere TWIYWIPITOW was intended to play a leading role in MYP season 3?
    I've never heard this, but i will say YES! and I'm sure a lot of folks will be quite angry if he doesn't come with his never-before-revealed 200X Hyper Anime Head.
    Last edited by CarKrash; June 15, 2011 at 02:54pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

At least this character is cooler than "Josh."
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Didnt Val and Emiliano had big plans for The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War for the Comics back in 2002?
    If i remember correctly The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War was meant to be the mother of Gwildor

Nevermind, wether or not some people assume that The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War alone is responsible for the success of Masters of the Universe back in the 80ties! They say also he was the reason, the line died.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Nevermind, wether or not some people assume that The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War alone is responsible for the success of Masters of the Universe back in the 80ties! They say also he was the reason, the line died.
    I heard he was cut from the movie when Dolph demanded that no one should upstage He-man, especially in the last act. Originally after getting the Power of the Universe, Skeletor would forfeit said powers after losing a Tug-o-War match to The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War and sulk back to Snake Mountain, other villains in tow. Lubic and Gwildor was supposed to have retrieved The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War during the battle from the holding dimension that Skeletor imprisioned The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War in after getting the Cosmic Key but before taking Grayskull.

I imagine that if we started a poll, a number of fans who left MOTU after wave 3 probably would've stayed with the brand had Mattel the courage to make The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War, instead they felt they could never do the figure any justice with 1980's toy technology.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    I think he really needs to come in a Battle armour The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War varient to keep him fresh. Everyone would have a custom of this guy at home already wouldn't they... I've made 3.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    I've never heard this, but i will say YES! and I'm sure a lot of folks will be quite angry if he doesn't come with his never-before-revealed 200X Hyper Anime Head.
    Well, since most Mattel executives are in my thrall, I have sources that tell me that the "link between Earth and Eternia" is TWIYWIPITOW...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I have considered doing a custom of this guy, so YES, I support him in MOTUC!
    :yellowguygrin:

What is the bet that The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War will star in the 2011 SDCC fan poll on figure colour! Voting between TWIYWIPITOW or blue vest variant of the Prince Adam figure.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Nope his name is TUG-O-WAR, and his the best motu char eveh. Deffinetly sacraficing an Adom to make this custom.

lol i would so get him

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    I have considered doing a custom of this guy, so YES, I support him in MOTUC!
    :yellowguygrin:
    master english gives his blessings? ToyGuru better get cracking!!

The only thing funnier than this thread are the angry reactions.

I want The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating In Tug Of War more than I want my next breath. If we don't get him, I'm kicking Matty's ass.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I like the idea of putting whatever rare and obscure thing in this line, especially because they would realistically be "new characters" but with at least some tenuous connection to the line.

However I do agree with the Star Wars connection. I see certain (and read that as "lots") of characters in the toystore in that line, and I can just picture the kid on his birthday getting that odd esotiric "Made only for the die hard obsessive collector" figure and crying.

That being said, I'll also add that I'd rather see any number of things before this idea.

So no, I cant exactly support this. I'm not saying there isnt a certain charm, sor-to-say, but c'mone. Too much.

He can come after any Minicomic only character with a name, ok? I"m glad it's an option, but boy I hope they dont mine that deep.

And I Really, Really, want a Songster and a Photog. Rather have them than anyone from the minicomics.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    The only thing funnier than this thread are the angry reactions.

I want The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating In Tug Of War more than I want my next breath. If we don't get him, I'm kicking Matty's ass.

I agree, this thread is an absolute hilarious read. CK has outdone himself with this one.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I want him. I'm all for a few more generic warriors in the battle for Eternia. And I really want him to include the rope accessory. Not everybody needs a giant hand or has a bumblebee for a mother to go kick@ss all over boneface.

YWIYWIPITOW FTW!!!!!

I want figures of everyone in MOTU lore that never got one before, so sign me up for The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating In Tug Of War!!!!!

I'd like to see a new mockup using prehm vest, triclops forearms, snouts boots, and black he-man hair on vikor head.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    This has to be the most obscure character request in any line I have ever seen!

IF Mattel ever decides to make this figure, I hope it's on the very last day of the very last month in MOTUC's existence. The way I see it, the more Mattel gives us of background characters, the sooner the demise of this line begins.

He-Ro was mostly Toyguru, and Wundar was already a part of the mythos, but The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War on page whatever, from comic whatever is NONE of the above.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 15, 2011 at 11:25pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    I want him. I'm all for a few more generic warriors in the battle for Eternia. And I really want him to include the rope accessory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I want figures of everyone in MOTU lore that never got one before, so sign me up for The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating In Tug Of War!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    I'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    This has to be the most obscure character request in any line I have ever seen!

IF Mattel ever decides to make this figure, I hope it's ... sooner ...

You know guys, when I started this thread, I never expected such an overwhelming support. The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War seems to be loved by all. Even the most casual of collectors, have something good to say about him. When I first heard of The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War during our May edition of WTFWTK, I had no idea it would become the summer sensation of 2011 and everyone's second favorite (That's why he doesn't win too many idols).

MOTUC to Star Wars:

Adam=Luke Skywalker

Adora=Princess Leia

Tri-Klops=Boba Fett

Songster=Jar Jar Binks (Diehards love them!)

TWIYWIPITOW=Ice Cream Maker Guy/Wilrow Hood

ICMG got a figure; TWIYWIPITOW should too...

...at the very end of the line.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!