Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War Support Thread!!

a Muppet of a man...
    I'm so excited for TWIY to come to MOTUC that I had to get my vintage figures out to re-create this classic scene...

Ok, so it's a custom... but that shouldn't lessen TWIY's greatness...

Heroic Warrior
    With talks of Teela saying harder, the name tug-or and other such innuendo it saddens me that not one person made a self stimulation reference. I M DISSAPOINT SONS!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I'm so excited for TWIY to come to MOTUC that I had to get my vintage figures out to re-create this classic scene...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...T/TWIY_001.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...T/TWIY_002.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...T/TWIY_003.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...Y_Portrait.jpg

Awesome re-creation there, Scotwaaaaard!

Sadly, we might all have to settle for a custom as I think Parker Brothers (Hasbro) owns the rights to Rope (his main accessory and gimmick) thanks to the game of Clue. Damn you Hasbro with your Nerf and Clue weapons!

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I have fond memories of playing with my vintage TWIY, and I was always sad he wasn't on the cardbacks at the time. Most people didn't even know he existed! But then again that is true of his other power, to run away and vanish quickly...

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...T/TWIY_001.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...T/TWIY_002.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...T/TWIY_003.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...Y_Portrait.jpg
    That is awesome!!!!! I have to say that is one of the coolest re-create scenes that I have ever seen. I'm serious. I really think if a good bio was created for him he could be a very cool figure. Chances are Mattel will not make him so I'm going to be looking into doing a custom of him. Your vintage custom is sweet.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...

Pretty good, Scooter! But the last panel should have him also vanish and not be there to make it complete!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    that vintage figure is AMAZING scotty! so proud of you. are you going to be keeping that one? or selling it on ebay? let me know what you do... cause I dont have very much time for customizing, and would love one of these guys.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Best.. Custom.. Ever. Great job, Scot.. You must now have the closest to complete MOTU collection there is. Congrads! I updated my first post with one of yer awesome The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War action scenes. Thank you!

Does he have to be yellow? I much prefer his Filmation colors over the yellow eyesore he was in the vintage line.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Does he have to be yellow? I much prefer his Filmation colors over the yellow eyesore he was in the vintage line.
    I tend to agree with you Shokoti. I think that his filmation color was much toned down from this. it really makes me interested in seeing what a hyper anime looking version of him would have been.

I think the extras on the DVD of the 200x cartoon said he was slated to be part of season 3

I want a 200x version of The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War.

Please.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    I tend to agree with you Shokoti. I think that his filmation color was much toned down from this. it really makes me interested in seeing what a hyper anime looking version of him would have been.

I think the extras on the DVD of the 200x cartoon said he was slated to be part of season 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I want a 200x version of The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War.

Please.
    But the 200X version was so radically different than the Filmation version. So much so that the essence of the character was virtually unrecognizable to all but the most astute of MOTU fans. I say, first have the vintage toy version, then a poll to decide whether the Filmation or the MYP version wiould be released next.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Excellent!!
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    How is he going to be called The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War if he's green or blue!? Filmation must have either used the wrong model sheet, or our friend, Twigh Whipitow, may have been victim to some budget saving techniques. Neither are reason to compromise the mini comic version that fans have been clammoring for for the last 25 years... or for at least, 3 short months.. either one. Clearly, I think that as an A list figure, he may get the filmation treatment later on down the line..

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    A part of season 3 you say? I think your downplaying this a little bit. The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War was integral to the overarching story of season 3. As was ever other MOTU character not yet featured in MYP.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post

Please.
    The 200X look of The Warrior in Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War has been retired! I don't think they can include a second head with extra spikey hair, tho, they may be able to include his hyper anime rope!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I say, first have the vintage toy version, then a poll to decide whether the Filmation or the MYP version wiould be released next.
    I agree with your order of release. Vintage must take precedent, but I think the variants will speak for themselves. If we can get Hyper Anime The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating in Tug of War approved by Mattel despite his ultra details, then I think maybe next year they can do another sub-sub, and just profile the many different looks of The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War. Just think of the possibilities! Battle Armor The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War, Faker The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War, Starburst The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War, Too Tall The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War. Disco The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War.

no love for the variants?

Also.. TWIY is happy to be king of the new land of new support threads! We will no longer have to tolerate such annoyances as the countdown to matty sale date threads, and the "THIS CHARACTER MUST BE CHANGED!" threads. We are in a new realm, and we shall live long and prosper here!

Who's with me!? LONG LIVE The Warrior in Yellow Who is Participating in a Tug of WARRR!!
    Last edited by CarKrash; September 12, 2011 at 06:02pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Scott, that custom is fantastic!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I...don't agree. Josh was a character featured throughout an entire mini-comic that he was a main character in. This yellow guy pulled a rope on one page...
    HAHAHA, which is COMPLETELY different than Illumina appearing in one pin-up, doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    HAHAHA, which is COMPLETELY different than Illumina appearing in one pin-up, doing nothing.
    Good point there.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Oh Snap!

Bring on TWIY!
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Yeah. Nothing except being cooler than the Warrior in Yellow.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Most likely it will end up being:

The Spector in Yellow Who is Participating in Tug of War. Unfortunately, by this time all of the playing card suits will be well used up on all of the other Spectors, so we will have to settle for Hobo Symbols.

Wrong thread! There are a ton of them out there for you if you want to trash The Mighty Spector. This thread is only for celebrating the glory that is The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating In Tug Of War.

Yellow Be His Name!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Good point there.
    If it's uncovered that he was to be the lead character in a mini-comic where he actually trained MAA and helps keep the secrets of Castle Grayskull, and be on the cover of the comic...I would change my mind. You know, full fledged story in a mini-comic bible, artwork, etc. Also, Illumina was in THREE pin-ups (three separate comics, each one with different text) and three pieces of sketch art we saw.

Right now, he tugs on rope and doesn't even get a close-up shot to see what he really looks like. He's a blurry blob of colour. If we get him in a "Villager Pack" kind of like the Royal Guards, where you can build a bunch of different villagers, that would be pretty cool. Different vests, jackets, loincloths (make them removable), 4 different heads a couple weapons and a rope. THAT would be pretty awesome. This guy on his own? I'm just not feeling it.

EDIT: That's funny. That guy totally could be Spector because he time travels and has an affinity for yellow.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 23, 2011 at 10:34pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Wrong thread! There are a ton of them out there for you if you want to trash The Mighty Spector. This thread is only for celebrating the glory that is The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating In Tug Of War.

Yellow Be His Name!!!
    I;m not trashing spector, I'm just telling everyone how we can get The Warrior In Yellow Who Is Participating In Tug Of War made.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yeah. Nothing except being cooler than the Warrior in Yellow.
    Depends on your point of view. TWIY has a line of dialog at least.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    First off I can't believe he made it into the poll LOL. Secondly maybe we have a place to put him. There was a cancelled He-Man character Bug-off, that was eventually Buzz-Off, a guy in a bee suit. Anyways, he even had a Filmation design. Maybe this guy is Bug-Off, sans the helmet/wings.