Thread: MotuC figs' that should have a LATER re-relase?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

MotuC figs' that should have a LATER re-relase?

Indeed, for sculpting-change reasons. For tooling-reasons really.

As far as I can tell, these are the characters that have some kind of defect in their molds, or that the fans want certain changes to.

I'll start out with the fig's I think need a bigger change than what's possible at the moment, and then you all can just fill in who you think should be held back for cost-reasons (until they can be done right, of course).

1. Roboto - shoulders need a fix, and his weapons might need an extra tool so the plastic won't warp.

2. King Hsss - Shoulders need fixing. Possible addition of a sturdier, bigger new peg for connecting his torso's. Possible extra clip-on 6th snake accessory.

3. Adora - Probably needs a 2.0 version, to satisfy everyone. New female buck, bathing-suit and perhaps skin-tone to match She-Ra.

4. Stratos - More accessories, non-glued wings, one closed hand. May be best solved by making a VARIANT - *AVATAR* - Evil flying Hench-man of Skeletor! Featuring Caucasian fur&skin, Beast-man feet, feather-collar, staff of avion, and wrist-blaster.

5. Faceless One - faceless glow-in-the-dark head. Easily included as accessory with Lord of Zalesia variant. ( I think I actually like the current head now tho', just sayin'.)

6. The Goddess - Non-translucent plastic, new hip-joints. Throw in a new face-sculpt as well, so she looks more like a possible Sharella-figure. (He-Ro's gal'.)

7. Prince Adam - Single card release, own bio. Add sword-holder on back.

And that's all I can think of... what do you guys think would be needed? And for WHOM?

Please also include alternative ideas on how to 'fix' certain things, like a weapons-pack, or perhaps as accessories for variants, etc. Also, please try to keep it to general all-around things that have disappointed many, or to all-out factory-errors. Not all of us will agree on certain sculpting-changes, or paint-ops, and I don't really see those as NECESSARY changes.

Those are things that might need an even greater amount of time between releases, until a new version that takes those things into account, are produced.
    Last edited by Predabot; May 9, 2011 at 06:16pm.

For WP# 3 (or 4 if the Rack counts as #3):
    One tone Silver Power Sword (For BA HM)
    One tone Metallic Purple Havoc Staff (for BA Skeletor)
    Magenta Skeletor armor for Faker (Leo Faker)

Prince Adam + Cringer 2 pack (Pink Vest, Silver or Grey Sword) This time Adam has a bio...
    Styleguide Catra in Vintage Toy Colors. Extra Clip-on Tail and a Hard version of her sword.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I'd put She-Ra above all other offenders honestly.

Also I vehemently disagree about giving Stratos closed hands! There are not enough open hands as it is!

I have to wonder how many people will really buy "fixed" versions of characters that are already released and have been sitting on their shelves for months. I know some will, but I don't know if all will. Another $30 for something that should have been right the first time around? Tough sell, IMO.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Single Card Adam has to be in the cards already.

Many of characters I wouldnt want for a second release if only because I dont want to have two of them. I'd spend more because my opened displayed figures wouldnt cover if sold the price of the replacements, and currently it wouldnt be worth it to me finacially to have a "corrected" figure.

But neat ideas.

Do4m, I really hope we get a Weapons Pack 3. I'd like extra Eternian Guard armour matching Man-At-Arms colours.

2.0 Adora just makes sense. Though I'd argue that 2.0 Versions of all the females would make sense. Lucky there aren't too many already.

I'd really like a Reissue of Zodak already. Course I wouldnt change anything, but still.

I could see reissuing Orko & Cringer together as one package later down the road, that would be tops. I wouldnt need it but it just makes sense, and it could be sold at the same time or soon along with an Adam single release.

I'd like them to reissue the 200x version of Zodak since I missed that one and they've already reissued the other one. I'd also like to see another release of King Randor and Webstor.
    Clarity of thought before rashness of action.

I'd like a He-Ro with vaccum painted gold armor and boots (like Hurricaine Hordak will be).
    He could also have his golden staff vaccum gold painted with a new colour for the stone (blue or yellow).
    He could also be a 2-pack exclusive with his non-transformed counterpart, using Adam's vest, a new head, the short furry loin cloth and he-man's boots. As a sorcerer, he could also have a repaint of Orko's spellbook.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd give anything to get a Stratos with at least one "grabbing" hand !

Even the 80's Stratos had a hand that could hold a weapon !

And the Goddess must be reissued with good quality, this time. It's a total shame that Mattel sold the rest of their defective Goddesses without fixing any problem, and with complete contempt for their customers !

A pink Webstor with little Webstor-babies, eggs, & web-shaped cradle.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'd put She-Ra above all other offenders honestly.

Also I vehemently disagree about giving Stratos closed hands! There are not enough open hands as it is!
    Hmm, that is duly noted actually. But the open hands really do limit the amount of weapons that he can hold. Pretty much just Whiplash's big ol' blade-thingy, and possibly one or two other eventual weapons in the line.

So... maybe ONE closed hand? Yes? The hand-mounted blaster ( sort of an over-sized version of Beast Mans, I figure) could go on the open hand, and the closed hand could then be used for the staff of Avion.

I didn't include She-Ra in my list, because we really are getting a new and supposedly improved version of her. Until we've actually seen that version, I'd say it's too early to write it off as an unfit refresh, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Hmm, that is duly noted actually. But the open hands really do limit the amount of weapons that he can hold. Pretty much just Whiplash's big ol' blade-thingy, and possibly one or two other eventual weapons in the line.

So... maybe ONE closed hand? Yes? The hand-mounted blaster ( sort of an over-sized version of Beast Mans, I figure) could go on the open hand, and the closed hand could then be used for the staff of Avion.

I didn't include She-Ra in my list, because we really are getting a new and supposedly improved version of her. Until we've actually seen that version, I'd say it's too early to write it off as an unfit refresh, don't you think?
    A very fair compromise! I guess for Stratos, both open hands make for a better flying look, and I would like it if they had worked out some clip-mounted weapons or put some hilt guards on the weapons like the original swords had so they'll stay on an open hand. But failing all that, one closed hand would be good so he could pinch from the weapon's pack at least. Figures like He-Ro and Hordak however were unfortunate for having no open hands. I don't think holding both weapons is better than having a good spell casting hand. Particularly He-Ro looks like he has tiny baby fists on the ends of overstuffed sausage arms--made worse by the bulk added from his armor I think.

RE She-Ra, I'm thinking of the original release, and if they'd waited to get it right, we wouldn't need the new version. It's a testament to how much they missed the mark that she's getting a redo. Unfortunately, I get the feeling this was a trial by error process and they were only going to know how to fix the figure after we reacted. I just hope the lessons were learned and we're not still talking about this after 2.0!

We may want to consider Teela here too for her bobble head and hard tunic. They appear to have fixed those with Evil-Lyn, so time seems to have been all they needed.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 9, 2011 at 07:49pm.