Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Catra Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hybrid View

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Catra Video Review by Pixel Dan

Catra review is here!

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Off to work on the Faceless One vid! :-)
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Pretty cool for a PoP figure. That hand is a goofy choice. I don't like it, either. The sword and shield are a bit goofy and "girly" as well. Don't like the silver mask, either.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

How bizarre about the squishy left hand! I don't remember ever reading/hearing anything about that.

Good review! I was never terribly excited about Catra in this outfit (I'm more a fan of the classic toy outfit), but this review and the Fwoosh pictures have turned me into a fan. Good on Mattel for giving us soft plastic for the cape and skirt- it's just really REALLY too bad they didn't do this straight out of the gate with Teela. But at least they've listened to fans and have implemented some great new changes! It makes the wait for females since She-Ra last year (?!?!) well worth it. Odd about the hand... the only reasoning I can think of is safety issues- but then since these are adult toys, they shouldn't really be worrying about children clawing their eyes out with Catra's "claws". Disappointing about the sword- I was really into having that with this figure, but hopefully if mine comes warped it can be blowdried back into it's proper form. The silver mask- which to me doesn't really look like an accurate update of the classic toy silver mask- is probably my biggest disappointment with this figure. Hopefully if they do another version of Catra in her classic toy outfit, they can resculpt that mask to make it look better. Can't wait for her to start shipping!

Yeah I did not think about safety but that would make sense, Mattel took a lot of crap for sharp batmobile and batman wings a few years back and had to do a $$$ recall
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's a sign that we're getting soft plastic heads with rooted hair. They were doing test runs on different body parts and they accidentally sent that one to Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah I did not think about safety but that would make sense, Mattel took a lot of crap for sharp batmobile and batman wings a few years back and had to do a $$$ recall
    If that's the case though, why don't we have a "rubber hand" Count Marzo...and The Faceless One (not sure about him yet). Their hand is the same as Catra's...just on a man.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Great review as always, Dan. But, I do have a request...

Can you please move back to the kitchen table so we don't get a five-minute close up of your crotch?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for this cool review. Don't like the hand either.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Awesome review. Kind of odd though about the hand and sword being so flimsy. Still she looks great!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Catra doesnt look as bad as i thought.She still looks way to manly for me ,those shoulders just look wrong.I dont know why the shoulders do not bother me on Teela or Evil lyn but the PoP girls just cant pull it off.
    The face is nice a bit to thin makes her appear older but definately evil.
    The hand though thats the oddest thing.I hear Mattel reissuing her with a corrected hand, lol.
    She is still on my get list.I hope to get the toy version somewhere down the road as that is what i prefer.

Just saw the review for the second time and one thing got my attention.
    NEW FEMALES ARE HAVING THE SAME TYPE OF JOINT BETWEEN SHOULDER AND BICEP, JUST LIKE THE MALE FGURES. Anyone else noticed that?
    I can't figure out why but it looks good.

Great review Dan!

But I think your concerns about the red mask are not really needed, in theory if it gets stretched out you could blowdry it and then put it back on her regular head and it should go back to form fitting (in theory anyway). The hand thing is really odd, no idea what they have in mind for that to be squishy

I have a quick question, to find the right position to put the red mask over her eyes how hard was that? The guys at Fwoosh mentioned they got theirs on with no real problem so maybe they just got lucky pushing it on the right spot. It is how I want to display her so your expertise is greatly appreciated

Its good to know she can fit on Clawdeen, if we ever get a Clawdeen
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Great review, Dan!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Great reiew Dan!

I'm really sad to hear about the squishy hand and really soft sword. I want to ask Mattel what's up with her rubber claw hand...

Her shield, sword and masks look perfect though! I'm warming up to the whip...but it still could have been designed a lot better.

Re: silver mask: think Destro, PD. Catra...is Destro.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Wow! She looks incredible. You're right, she does look like one of the best females in this line yet.

That does seem odd about the softer plastic for the hand and sword. I know my Weapons Pak Sword of Protection was softer than the ones to come with She-Ra and Adora, but still. I wonder if the soft hand is on all of them, or if that one just got a bum hand... :/

Great review, great shots, great vid! Cheers!

And while I love both versions of Catra, this one will definitely be wearing the red mask on my shelf. I'll save the silver for any later versions that might be done. The silver doesn't seem to fit this outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCHILD View Post
    It seams like every time a new figure is revealed there's always something wrong for us to discuss. It's becoming a trademark in this line...
    Yeah... I noticed that too. When I was in art school, they taught us that the old masters (artists not warriors, lol) used to leave paintings unfinished, or something slightly off somewhere, so that the piece was never quite done, and there was always something to discuss. Maybe that's the intent here, whether conscious or not.
    Last edited by Jon-O; May 5, 2011 at 08:32pm.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I want to ask Mattel what's up with her rubber claw hand...
    It's a sign that we're getting soft plastic heads with rooted hair. They were doing test runs on different body parts and they accidentally sent that one to Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Great reiew Dan!
    Re: silver mask: think Destro, PD. Catra...is Destro.
    Silver mask Catra looks like the Lovechild of Destro and the Baroness!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    There's a obvious contender for WP3, harder plastic sword with red rubys, so not the same as this one.

That Catra design would make a great MOTUC figure IMO, maybe after Teela, She-Ra and the hopefully upcoming 200X Evil-Lyn, Catra could be the next female variant?
    Heck yes on everything you just said!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Can we get a HARD Catra hand and sword in Weapons Pak 3?
    Even though that sounds kind of crazy, yes. BIG yes on this if her hand is spongey. We'll have to wait until people start getting their sub Catras to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    We can all picture how these toy line gals will look updated, and I'm just not seeing this so-called ultra girlyness that some folks speak of. Moreover, I agree with you about the fierceness that is the original toy line Catra-- she would probably fit in moreso with the MOTU characters than Style Guide Catra (not that I don't adore her too!) what with her wild look that's been shown in your examples. And I don't want to hear about the color of her chest, as one version of Stratos has pink wings, Prince Adam has light purple legs etc.!
    ToysRUs He-Man (the one regular folk have access to) has a pink belt too. I can't wait for "Savage Catra." I think if we start calling her that, it will bolster interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Great, now I'm gonna look at Catra and imagine Arthur Burghardt's baritone.

Hey Dan, do you think you can grab a pic of Catra on top of Panthor? I want to see how she'd sort of look astride Clawdeen, and he'll do in a pinch.

Good idea about Panthor!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Silver mask Catra looks like the Lovechild of Destro and the Baroness!
    @ Destro and Baroness lovechild.

Catra looks amazing, she's a triple threat as she's female, POP and Horde. Can't wait to get her. Makes me want her bff Entrapta asap also!
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Dan: never wear a kilt.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Great review as always, can't wait for the next ones.
    I also can't understant why they used that soft plastic on her left hand and Sword. It seams like every time a new figure is revealed there's always something wrong for us to discuss. It's becoming a trademark in this line...

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Another Great Video Dan

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Awesome review! Can't wait for the others.

I was HORRIFIED over the sword!! What the hell!? The jewel fell out!? So not cool. The hand was bizzare too. Weird stuff. Squishy hands and swords.

Really a beautiful figure! The soft plastic weirds me out though that they used for her hand! And the sword…just odd. Still…I'm REALLY looking forward to getting her! She's gorgeous!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    OHMANOHMANOHMAN!!!!

I want Catra!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law