Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics The Faceless One Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics The Faceless One Video Review by Pixel Dan

Alright, second one for today...The Faceless One!

Any additional questions, just ask!

Battleground Teela will be up tomorrow afternoon!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Another great one! Nice job Dan - and thanks! LOVE your videos. Can't wait for June!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    glad that the inside of the hood did get painted black.
    much much better.
    i was just thinking how the faceless one would look holding the blade of the demon king in purple from spy monkey creations.
    that would be awesome since old bone face now has his havoc staff & the ram stone got destroyed.

It looks like your figure has some paint issues on his right shoulder pad and the white lining of his hood piece.

And on a funnier note, my partner (who has no interest in toys at all) walked up while
    I was watching this and said "Why am I staring at [Dan's] crotch?" (during the close-up of Dan was posing he figure while sitting on his futon) LOL!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks dan.

As for the cape moving when you pose him reminds me of the same deal with Bow. I hope his cape fits better than Bow's.

The Havoc staff is cleary made for Disco Skeletor.
    Last edited by midor; May 6, 2011 at 12:15am.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Facless One looks awesome. I love they made his cape in the three pieces. They went all out on him! I agree that a glow-in-the-dark head and paint on the "bone" detailing would have been awesome! I can't wait to get him.

Dan's crotch has been mentioned in a few posts now. It's getting a lot of attention today!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Somebody tell me if I'm wrong here...but...

I admit I haven't sat down and watched everyone episode of MYP in awhile, but I don't recall learning in the cartoon that Skeletor took the Havoc Staff from FLO?

Wasn't that an invention of the comic that never appeared in the cartoon?

Someone clarify.

Awesome looking figure indeed, especially after seeing him in 3D (well, sort of). The sculpt is amazing, and the colors are now somehow perfect IMO, as if his head is suspended in mid air. I will get two of him to use his staff and cape for Skeletor and other figures.
    BTW, I don't think the Yellow Evil-Lyn is a good match with the Faceless One after seeing this review, we better have the 200X Lyn soon so we can display both figures next to each other.

Thanks one again for the great review Dan.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Great review Dan! And no matter what, I still absolutely hate that head! The Face"less" One should not have a "face". It completely defeats the purpose of his name. Horrible head, just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post

I admit I haven't sat down and watched everyone episode of MYP in awhile, but I don't recall learning in the cartoon that Skeletor took the Havoc Staff from FLO?

Someone clarify.
    I thought the same thing David. Maybe we are both wrong?

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Awesome review, Dan! I think you sold me a little bit more on him. There are things I like about the Faceless One and there are things I don't like about the Faceless One so he's like a middle of the road character to me.

I like that Mattel changed him due to popular demand. I was going to originally pass on Faceless One when first shown. Like I recently said in the chatroom...

[Count Marzo] 12:03 am: and they did themselves a big favor by listening to everyone and changing it
    [Count Marzo] 12:03 am: they should do that on purpose for every figure to shut everyone up and then Toyguru can say that they listen to the fans more
    [Count Marzo] 12:04 am: score some insurance brownie points for when he lets us down with SUPER HUGE GIANT announcements lollll

While it's no Count Marzo amulet, the Ramstone looks good in his hand. The Havoc Staff looks great as well, but I hate that he has it. That was Skeletor's trademark item for decades before The Faceless One was even an idea so Skeletor is def getting that Havoc Staff. I also don't like his real name "Nickolai Powers" and the whole "Evil-Lyn daddy" angle. But I'm an Evil Vintage Purist™ who prefers the mysterious, avatar of the imagination™ MOTU of the 80s.

He also looks weird without his cape on. Like a super jacked up alien on Ultimate Warrior steroids. Just sayin

The Faceless One is a middle of the road, "meh" for me as a MOTUC figure. If they wouldve gave him some glow in the dark action, I would've been A LOT more sold on him. After all it makes Scareglow a top figure and there aint many MOTU characters glow in the dark action could apply to.

I will be picking him up, but he just passes for me as a MOTUC figure.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; May 6, 2011 at 12:40am.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Thanks Dan! I'm super excited about TFO and it's great to know he came out looking great. Nice review, as always.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Someone clarify.
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Great review Dan! And no matter what, I still absolutely hate that head! The Face"less" One should not have a "face". It completely defeats the purpose of his name. Horrible head, just horrible.

EDIT: OMG Count Marzo, you're so harsh! I think TFO looks a LOT better than Scarglow...and SG has ALWAYS been a huge favourite of mine!

I thought the same thing David. Maybe we are both wrong?
    I'm pretty sure it's 100% comic. I only learned this fact on the boards...and I watched all the episodes on DVD. I don't own all the comics though...yet.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Great review Dan, but I find it really weird as a non 200X fan, I am actually really looking forward to this figure. I have no attachment nor any care for Chief Carnivus, but Faced One feels necessary for my collection for some reason.

Great review! I am actually most excited about the ram staff, it looks wicked
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Someone clarify.
    Yes that was certainly from the MVC comics and not the MYP cartoon.

I really like the black hood and eye sockets. It looks loads better. Nice figure!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I have not tried to customize any of the MOTUC figures yet, but shouldnt we be able to just paint the head and bones with some glow in the dark paint if we want? Is there GitD paint available for this type of thing? Also, how hard would it be for someone like Spy Monkey to just make a "faceless" head? Maybe it could be cast in GitD plastic? I would be interested to see what people will come up with.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Great review. Faceless One's head kinda reminds me of the grey aliens.
    Does Galactus fart?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar

Someone clarify.
    no skeletor (time traveling keldor) never actually took the staff from the faceless one. but did make a deal with him to transport baby lyn into the future to be safe in exchange for the havoc staff. that was in the mvc comic.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I've thought this figure looked cool since it's first reveal. When a poster said it should be changed and made pictures for proof, i agreed, and am glad we got the version we did. Darker is better, and i love the colors on this figure..

Although, it seems to me most of this figure is the cape. Not really sure how I feel about that. Thanks for the review!

Oh, I forgot to mention something! During one walk-through video, Toyguru said TFO's Havok Staff would be light up...and I thought he meant LITERALLY light up, like Laser Light Skeletor's, which I thought was INCREDIBLE! I love this one, it looks really awesome still, but I wish TG said "translucent" instead of "light up." I was let down.

AWESOME!!!

He is definitely in my top 10 of favorite characters.

I really like that the cape is made up of three panels... I think that will allow for better movement of the arms.

Dan, I'm surprised you didn't post him with the purple staff and knife from the Weapons Pak #2!!!! They so obviously seem meant for him now.

Very much looking forward to this figure. It's going to feel like forever waiting for June!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Very much looking forward to this figure. It's going to feel like forever waiting for June!!
    But, we have Catra to play with in May!

I really think the cape's shoulder pads are why TFO was pushed back. If that's the case, I'm really happy. He's exquisitely executed.

Dan, I loved this review too. Great work.

I love everything about The Faceless One. And I don't feel that anything needs to be changed. The head sculpt is great IMO and I am happy with the Ram Stone being opaque-metallic. Initially my preference was for a better head sculpt and a translucent Ram Stone.

The Havoc Staff also looks amazing.

If anything, my onyl concern witht hsiu figure is that the painwork seems a lil sloppy, like urbanmyth pointed out.

Dan, I am keen to see if your BG Teela review can work some magic and get me interested in the figure because to date I have absolutely zilch interest in her.

Heroic Warrior
    The best news there are about the Faceless One :

1) His corrected head and cowl (paintjob) look much better than the ones we saw on the prototype

2) Mattel FINALLY created a "robed" figure that has legs movement !

Of course, the cape/armor thing prevents some movement. But not as much as I feared.

I wish the ramstone was carved on BOTH sides... More cost-cutting measures, I guess. The two tone torso looks really weird once the armor has been removed. It would have looked better if it had been all purple, or all blacK, in my opinion.

Pixel Dan, could you please tell us if the Faceless One's head pops normally ? The reason I ask this is because Catra's head couldn't be popped...

By the way, this review was very good, and Catra's too.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Great review! I am actually most excited about the ram staff, it looks wicked
    I totally agree! The colors are SUPERB!!! want want want!

ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]