Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Life Sucks!

My Life Sucks!

Not trying to get people to feel sorry, just not open about this in 'real life' so thought I use this to get out how life sucks right now
    In Dec, wife kicked me out, we got married 1999 and been date from 1993 in HIGH SCHOOL! BUt its my fault
    In Jan found out the house we own is going in to foreclosure
    March 1st laid off work, again after only 2 years (not a time to be in sales, 2 lay offs in 4 years)

They say when the rains in pours, and it does. Now for April had to move back home. lol I am 39 and living with my PARENTS!!!! LIFE SUCKS but at least I still get to see the kids and my wife and I dont hate each other, so its not a lot of fighting.
    Get words of wisdom from the man that is prefect, He-man! https://twitter.com/HeManWisdoms

And hold on to that Brother, your life and kids!!! Just take some time to reset and get you things in a manageable order ain't nothing wrong in taken a few steps back if you can jump a whole more forward! It's may rain but no one said you can never dance in it! #KEEPYAHEADUP

Thanks. I'm trying to hold up good. Never want kids to see me sad or upset
    Get words of wisdom from the man that is prefect, He-man! https://twitter.com/HeManWisdoms
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

This song always makes me feel better. Give it a listen.

Life will work out for you in the end. At least you have parents that love you and will give you a roof over your head. That is more than many people have.

Take care.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; April 4, 2012 at 02:08am.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Keep your chin up brother! Things will get better. Hang in there, stay strong for your kids. I wish you all the best of luck.
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I am very sorry to hear of all of your troubles. Thanks for sharing and looking to us for support. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Like you said...Life does sometimes suck. Each and everyone one of us goes through struggles from time to time. I suffer from major depression and many days I feel like life sucks also, BUT what we have to do is hold on tight to those things that we love and enjoy....those things that make us happy. For me it is my wife, watching movies, watching sports, ice cream cones, and action figures. You mentioned your kids, so stay strong for them and appreciate that you have them in your life. I just had a cousin that lost her 6-month old son a few weeks ago.

Hang in there WhiskeyGold and know I am cheering you on!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Life does suck hard sometimes but it will get better if you try. It helps that you spend time doing things you enjoy. My toy collecting hobby has helped me get through life when no one else was around to help.

I've been some major life suckage the past year and I currently wear a Blue Lantern ring to remind myself that "All will be well".
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    You have troubles in your life - try to win with them not to loose. You are not worse than others. We all have something to fix... It is very important not to lost contact with your family. Kids and wife. I am very sorry to hear that your wife doesnt support you. But it might change. It looks that both of you are in deep love since you were together from high school. Please do not break down. People sometimes must face some unexpected tragedies. We all have troubles in world of crisis. Especially with our jobs. And troubles at job = troubles at home. Something tells me that your wife still loves you but she broke-down because of your work. Try to find another job, yeah I know it is VERY hard, but the most important thing is not to loose close relation with your wife and kids. It's more important than job. I think she will need your presence in her life. And if you will be close and show that you care about her - she may return.

I also lost job for a long time. And I am electronic engineer. I was suppose to CHOOSE between jobs ;-). Do not surrender. I was trying trying and finally got one. Then changed job and I am fine. If I managed to win - so You can. A friend of mine also couldnt find job - for two years he was living with parents! He joked that he's living from pocket-money. But we knew that we cant worry about it too much. I knew a girl - my co-worker from previous job that told us about her life when she was unemployed. She almost fell in mentally illness because she felt guilty. She had luck - family supported her very much. Please stop worrying, try to react. Ask family for help - not only the closest. It can take long time to win. I wish you luck!
    Sorry for mistkes - I am still learning...

Thanks for all the kind words. Good to get some of it out. I haven't even told some friends that I'm not at home anymore
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyGold View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words. Good to get some of it out. I haven't even told some friends that I'm not at home anymore
    Keep in mind that it is easier to win with a team than alone. Family, friends - they CAN help, they may have positive infuence on your wife perhaps. I hope that your wife's family like you and divorce was unexpected to them. Anyway, Do not surrender. It is not easy battle but I am sure you win. I advice to break some of your shame (I feel that you are but I hope am wrong It is not your fault it happens from time to time) and meet some people you care. It could be great if wife will also appear. Kids will be happy to go out with parents.
    Sorry for mistkes - I am still learning...

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar

This was our mantra when things got tough in seminary. And things did get tough quite often.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Today's sermon topic: What is Hell? Come hear our choir!"

Court Magician
    London. Though my heart yearns for the dense woodlands of Southern England...
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, man. Hold fast, shipmate, the storm will pass in time. I find whenever I'm having a crap time, music really helps. The soundtrack to Transformers: The Movie is a winner. Seriously, listen to 'The Touch', always makes me feel better!
    Like a one man wolf pack!

Forgot i posted this but its a year later and I am at my second lay off (6months now) but told I was to start a new job on monday but they keep pushing it back. Thanks again for all the words. EX wife got her own place so I am at the big house now (not jail) but its so lonely here until the kids come over on the weekends. If I dont get that job soon I think I am will go crazy lol

Master of New Adventures!
    Forgot i posted this but its a year later and I am at my second lay off (6months now) but told I was to start a new job on monday but they keep pushing it back. Thanks again for all the words. EX wife got her own place so I am at the big house now (not jail) but its so lonely here until the kids come over on the weekends. If I dont get that job soon I think I am will go crazy lol
    One of my favorite Country songs: Every Storm Runs Out of Rain.

I hope it brings you some comfort and hope:

Hang in there and lay off the whiskey if you can!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Chin up! It'lll all end fine.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Everyone knows this life sucks. All we can do is seize the good moments and live for them. The rest is going to suck no matter what we do. Complaining about the crap life gives us doesn't do anything useful.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Not trying to get people to feel sorry, just not open about this in 'real life' so thought I use this to get out how life sucks right now
    In Dec, wife kicked me out, we got married 1999 and been date from 1993 in HIGH SCHOOL! BUt its my fault
    In Jan found out the house we own is going in to foreclosure
    March 1st laid off work, again after only 2 years (not a time to be in sales, 2 lay offs in 4 years)

They say when the rains in pours, and it does. Now for April had to move back home. lol I am 39 and living with my PARENTS!!!! LIFE SUCKS but at least I still get to see the kids and my wife and I dont hate each other, so its not a lot of fighting.
    i feel for you brother.. but at least you had a wife and where able to afford a home. i've never gotten that far, and I've NEVER moved out of hom. I live alone with my divorced 60 year old mother. Everything gone wrong is my fault too...it's LIKE i'm married. One reason why it's 8PM and i'm staying home at work working on R2. I get some peace and quite from the moaning.

sigh....at least if i had a date i could escape with someone HAPPY for a while. i've forgotten what that's like.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by wolf man View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, man. Hold fast, shipmate, the storm will pass in time. I find whenever I'm having a crap time, music really helps. The soundtrack to Transformers: The Movie is a winner. Seriously, listen to 'The Touch', always makes me feel better!

Horrible advice!

What's bringing me down is the weather. Pennsylvania is the "no sunshine" state. We get like one nice day a week--which translates to 4 per month. The sky is perpetually white like Twilight Town in Paper Mario. And it's always drizzling or "threatening" to do so.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; February 28, 2013 at 09:28pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Best wishes in your job possibility. I'm trying to start anew careerwise.

Keep your sense of humour!
    Positive thoughts your way!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, your life does suck, JK we all go through crap Im 39 divorced and had to live with the 'rents(well 'rent). Remember the basics, we're here for a finite amount of time, if your healthy your ahead, time is our most valuable possession and use as much as possible with your children. Women come and go but your children will always be a part of your life. Your single go have a little fun.

lo thanks guys, if you cant count on a He-man fan to make you feel better then you cant count on anyone.

I will pray for you and your family.
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Peter View Post
    You have troubles in your life - try to win with them not to loose. You are not worse than others. We all have something to fix... It is very important not to lost contact with your family. Kids and wife. I am very sorry to hear that your wife doesnt support you. But it might change. It looks that both of you are in deep love since you were together from high school. Please do not break down. People sometimes must face some unexpected tragedies. We all have troubles in world of crisis. Especially with our jobs. And troubles at job = troubles at home. Something tells me that your wife still loves you but she broke-down because of your work. Try to find another job, yeah I know it is VERY hard, but the most important thing is not to loose close relation with your wife and kids. It's more important than job. I think she will need your presence in her life. And if you will be close and show that you care about her - she may return.

I also lost job for a long time. And I am electronic engineer. I was suppose to CHOOSE between jobs ;-). Do not surrender. I was trying trying and finally got one. Then changed job and I am fine. If I managed to win - so You can. A friend of mine also couldnt find job - for two years he was living with parents! He joked that he's living from pocket-money. But we knew that we cant worry about it too much. I knew a girl - my co-worker from previous job that told us about her life when she was unemployed. She almost fell in mentally illness because she felt guilty. She had luck - family supported her very much. Please stop worrying, try to react. Ask family for help - not only the closest. It can take long time to win. I wish you luck!
    This man from Gdansk offers wise words, imo. I'd suggest reading them over several times and then trying to use them to navigate through through difficult waters. The advise of someone that has already traveled and emerged successfully from the ardous path upon which one is presently traveling can prove to be of great value.

Dude I'm sorry to hear about all of your troubles. I had a horrible last year too. But there were bright spots I hung onto. I was inexplicably cut out of my supposed best friend of 15 years' life. When I finally got reasons (I won't go into I mad a thread way back when, and don't wanna pick at scabs.) they were all pretty much lies, fabrications, and exaggerations. I fell into a pretty bad depression spell (I already go in, and out of Major Depression.), and I drank a lot for a good 3 months. But I ended up using a grief counseling service my work provided (Honestly I didn't even know it was offered until my manager told me to stay home, and use it.). And thankfully there were people who were willing to listen, and even tell me what I needed to hear even if it wasn't always what I wanted to hear. I spent a lot of time reconnecting with my siblings, and I tried to spend some time with coworkers outside of work, and even made friends with the baristas I have ten years on at a mom and pop game store, and the local Starbucks in town. I too have sadly been unable to get completely on my own as much as I've tried. Even working full time I don't make enough to do it all myself. I could barely keep a rent, and food. So I would have no cash for anything else. I'm blessed to have parents who let me pay them rent to help them make ends meet. My Mom has diabetes, epilepsy, and survived breast cancer. My father is nearing retirement but doesn't stop working because he wants my mom to make it. End of last year I suffered a herrnia, and even with insurance I was out $2000 (I still owe, about $600). I lived pretty much on a ramen diet for the first three weeks back to work so I could afford to take a bunch out of savings to cover it. Today I had to get my brakes replaced, along with rotors, and the wheel rods because I apparently let things go too long. That was another grand. So while I'm probably not anywhere near as bad as you in terms of finance right now, I can say I have some sembelance of what you're feeling even if it is on a smaller scale. But I didn't die on the operating table, I paid off most of my debt without having to take out a loan even though it meant living hand to mouth for 3 months. I was also lucky enough to make it to Connecticon, and NY Comic Con last year thanks to some generous friends. Sometimes life just puts these really really crappy things in a perimiter around you. And all you can see in the moment is crap because you're surrounded by crap. It doesn't help that the news is biased toward tragic stories, and bad news. It doesn't help when little things pile on to the crap perimiter. But as difficult as it is, (And believe me It is VERY DIFFICULT.) sometimes you have to muster the courage to know there is something beyond the crap. I found some new people that hopefully won't turn out to be mean. My brother's repair business is finally taking off, and if he succeeds there's a chance I CAN finally make enough to stand on my own without a roommate or starving myself. I suppose I should try to have faith there's an awesome woman who loves gaming, doesn't care if I make a name for myself or I'm living on the street spare changing, and has the courage to love me anyway.
    I don't know everything in your situation obviously, but try not to give up hope man. Especially for your children. No matter what happens to the ex wife, they're going to need their father to teach them how to persevere, to help them when they fall, and to celebrate them when they succeed. I don't have kids, but I do have nieces, and part of why I haven't succumbed to my mental illness entirely is because I don't want to take an uncle away from an innocent 5, and 6 year old. *Hugs*
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?