Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The M.A.S.K. Racing Series Discussion Thread

Master of New Adventures!
    If Love Hewitt is cast I'll write the script for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    Love Hewitt as Gloria Baker
    Pat Stewart as Alex Sector

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    All time favorite vehicles mask and venom
    My faves (vehicles & agents)

MASK:
    Wildcat
    Raven
    Buddie Hawks
    Calhoun Burns

VENOM:
    Manta
    Switchblade
    Vanessa Warfield
    Sly Rax

More questions for Jack (sorry) I've asked what you would do if could bridge the gap between the season 1 & 2 but...

(a) If you had the chance to continue MASK how would you do it?

(b) If you had the chance to start MASK from the beginning again how would you do?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I always looked at the two seasons like completely different shows, myself. It wasn't just continuity that changed; the whole tone and approach changed completely, moreso than any other show of the time. The first season reminded a lot of the Silver Age type comic book stories, where some crazy/ridiculous event occurs, and then the goog guys eventually figure out the rational behind it. It was a nice little niche they carved our for themselves, and worked well with the concept. The second season I actually stopped watching, having no interest in racing and tiring vey quickly of the extreme formulaic stories. The fact that you couldn't reconcile the two continuities didn't help, either, but the other factors in the second season were what really turned me off.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I always looked at the two seasons like completely different shows, myself. It wasn't just continuity that changed; the whole tone and approach changed completely, moreso than any other show of the time. The first season reminded a lot of the Silver Age type comic book stories, where some crazy/ridiculous event occurs, and then the goog guys eventually figure out the rational behind it. It was a nice little niche they carved our for themselves, and worked well with the concept. The second season I actually stopped watching, having no interest in racing and tiring vey quickly of the extreme formulaic stories. The fact that you couldn't reconcile the two continuities didn't help, either, but the other factors in the second season were what really turned me off.
    You're immensely right. That's the utter truth, IMHO.
    Last edited by Vanquest; March 30, 2013 at 08:55am.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/