Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Negator Op-Ed

Widget

Negator Op-Ed

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=4087

I couldn't agree more! I've been with the line from the beginning and while I also haven't agreed with every decision ( I will always be bitter about Frosta ) somewhere along the way I realized that I was letting all the fan based scrutiny and cynicism ruin the love, fun, and general enjoyment of the line that drew me in at the beginning. So I stopped. I stopped frequenting certain sites and even the forums here that have become ridiculously toxic. And because I stopped giving in to all the negative I've been able to enjoy the past year of figures and the future plans of the motuc line. My suggestion to those who can't find anything good to say is a simple one, stop collecting it.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    What a middle finger to us fans to have TheShadow post such a message on the main site that would otherwise be deleted in the forums. People's opinions are people's opinions, regardless of them being negative or positive, and to use the main site to tell anyone that looks at the MOTUC line as half-empty just reeks of how biased the controllers of this website are by sucking up to Matty while not supporting their own registered users (regardless of if we've donated money or not).

I've stopped supporting this line in protest of their bad decisions; I still read every bit of news and preview articles in hopes that their business practices have been fixed; and He-man.org have so choked out anyone with a negative opinion of Matty/MOTUC that I rarely post because I figure my opinions will be deleted anyways.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    What a middle finger to us fans to have TheShadow post such a message on the main site that would otherwise be deleted in the forums. People's opinions are people's opinions, regardless of them being negative or positive, and to use the main site to tell anyone that looks at the MOTUC line as half-empty just reeks of how biased the controllers of this website are by sucking up to Matty while not supporting their own registered users (regardless of if we've donated money or not).

I've stopped supporting this line in protest of their bad decisions; I still read every bit of news and preview articles in hopes that their business practices have been fixed; and He-man.org have so choked out anyone with a negative opinion of Matty/MOTUC that I rarely post because I figure my opinions will be deleted anyways.
    My piece is just an opinion, as I stated it is an op-ed. I think you may have missed the point of the post going by your review above. To clarify, it isn't about censoring anyone's opinion whether it be positive or negative. It's not that you can't post a negative opinion at all. There are many ways to state the same negative opinion is my point. Too often we fly off the handle or start attacking people, treating them just down right horribly. The internet often allows for this to occur easily. At the end of the day though, a constructive piece gets a lot more latitude.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

i have to agree, whole heartedly. it's depressing how in-bed this site is, especially when it's supposedly a "fan" place. i can understand having opinions and even contrary opinions. but to blast off on the main site as such ... there's nothing i can add to what The.Idea stated.

thumbs down for TheShadow and He-Man.org.

- - - Updated - - -

i have to agree, whole heartedly. it's depressing how in-bed this site is, especially when it's supposedly a "fan" place. i can understand having opinions and even contrary opinions. but to blast off on the main site as such ... there's nothing i can add to what The.Idea stated.

thumbs down for TheShadow and He-Man.org.

I disagree with the message posted on the main page. First of all, what kind of impression of this community will this make on casual fans or new fans visiting the site for the first time? Second, what kind of communication with your fellow fans is that?
    And third, as has been pointed out before: the negativity is there because the issues are there. And that is 100% Mattel's responsibility. And as paying customers it is 100% our right to voice our opinions about these issues. there's just no way to deny the facts: new problems keep coming up (cut accessories and cut paint apps), years-old problems have not been addressed (bloated armor, the female skirt/leotard engineering) and old problems that were solved a couple of years ago suddenly come up again (swapped shoulders, loose ankles).
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

He's talking about the extremists and conspiracy theorists who think Toyguru wakes up every morning with the intent to screw fans. There are extremists on BOTH sides...those who never find fault in anything Mattel says or does and then there are fans who think Mattel is ALWAYS up to no good. Shadow is talking about the latter variety.

He isn't talking about people who have constructive criticism and voice them in a intelligent and well-crafted argument. If you can do this, then he isn't talking about you.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 6, 2014 at 01:22pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

While I don't consider the op-ed to be a "Matty apologist" I do consider Shadow's comments uninformed. As with any criticism you have to be able to cull through the obsessively negative and at times even viciously vitriolic to uncover the gems, which are out there. Fandom may have a feeling of entitlement at present- one propagated by Mattel btw by giving we sub holders all of the power over this line- but there are some very thoughtful and in-depth exegesis out there on everything that can be done to fix this line if one were inclined to search. So before Shadow throws out the baby with the bath water perhaps they should have done their homework and provided a better and more balanced assessment.

Wanting everything to be sunshine and rose petals is a nice concept, but then we're given a lazy repaint as our SDCC exclusive, unnecessarily poofy chest pieces, fed fear and fear on top of fear when sub time rolls around, and ineptitude piled on top of ineptitude by Digital River. Some would be inclined to view negative comments about the aforementioned as a possible way to fix things about this line, rather than tell the audience to, 'quiet guys, Mattel is listening and we want to appear as if we're all happiness and starry-eyed glee." Again, this simply isn't realistic. Do we expect a problem free line? Absolutely not. But we also should be allowed the freedom to offer suggestions, voice criticism, or get downright angry if the moment calls for it.
    Last edited by Stygian360; May 6, 2014 at 01:23pm.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I disagree with the message posted on the main page. First of all, what kind of impression of this community will this make on casual fans or new fans visiting the site for the first time? Second, what kind of communication with your fellow fans is that?
    And third, as has been pointed out before: the negativity is there because the issues are there. And that is 100% Mattel's responsibility. And as paying customers it is 100% our right to voice our opinions about these issues. there's just no way to deny the facts: new problems keep coming up (cut accessories and cut paint apps), years-old problems have not been addressed (bloated armor, the female skirt/leotard engineering) and old problems that were solved a couple of years ago suddenly come up again (swapped shoulders, loose ankles).
    See again though, it isn't about not pointing the issues out. It is how one point of the issues.

There is a difference between:

OMG they screwed up NA Skeletor. Look at that chest. They are just doing this to **** us off. Those ****ing morons should be fired and spit on!

and

I am very disappointed in the translation of the design from the 4H prototype to the actual NA Skeletor. The chest piece is just not working for me. It makes the figure look extremely bulky, completely throwing off his proportions, especially when compared to the other variations of Skeletors that have been released thus far. In the future, I'd prefer this type of armor to be directly molded on to the chest so that it is more streamlined.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He's talking about the extremists and conspiracy theorists who think Toyguru wakes up every morning with the intent to screw fans. There are extremists on BOTH sides...those who never find fault in anything Mattel says or does and then there are fans who think Mattel is ALWAYS up to no good. Shadow is talking about the latter variety.

He isn't talking about people who have constructive criticism and voice them in a intelligent and well-crafted argument. If you can do this, then he isn't talking about you.

Exactly, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    While I don't consider the op-ed to be a "Matty apologist" I do consider Shadow's comments uninformed. As with any criticism you have to be able to cull through the obsessively negative and at times even viciously vitriolic to uncover the gems, which are out there. Fandom may have a feeling of entitlement at present- one propagated by Mattel btw by giving we sub holders all of the power over this line- but there are some very thoughtful and in-depth exegesis out there on everything that can be done to fix this line if one were inclined to search. So before Shadow throws out the baby with the bath water perhaps they should have done their homework and provided a better and more balanced assessment.

Wanting everything to be sunshine and rose petals is a nice concept, but then we're given a lazy repaint as our SDCC exclusive, unnecessarily poofy chest pieces, fed fear and fear on top of fear when sub time rolls around, and ineptitude piled on top of ineptitude by Digital River. Some would be inclined to view negative comments about the aforementioned as a possible way to fix things about this line, rather than tell the audience to, 'quiet guys, Mattel is listening and we want to appear as if we're all happiness and starry-eyed glee." Again, this simply isn't realistic. Do we expect a problem free line? Absolutely not. But we also should be allowed the freedom to offer suggestions, voice criticism, or get downright angry if the moment calls for it.
    I agree that there is never going to be sunshine and rose petals at all. But, if we continue to work on being more constructive overall, I think we'll be taken more seriously. While we all know there are many posts that are gems, from reading the forums my assessment has been that the more-so vicious posts are becoming more and more prevalent overall.

And again, you are allowed the freedom to offer suggestions, voice criticism, or get downright angry if the moment calls for it. But even being angry has different stages of acceptable behavior.

I've always voiced my (negative) opinions. King Grayskull. The Skeletor 200X statue. My ripped up and mangled Castle Grayskull box. Things happen and as fans we have strong opinions. But, I've tried my best to keep my comments constructive if I can. We all slip up, but the slip ups seem to be more the norm these days. I just think a lot of folks will take our opinions way more seriously as consumers if backed up our postings with real substance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    To clarify, it isn't about censoring anyone's opinion whether it be positive or negative.
    Actually to clarify Shadow, yes it is. You can't have it both ways. Either you want to encourage open and uncensored debate, commentary, etc., or you don't. Your article appears as if you're trying to stifle this freedom by instead focusing only on the positive. People have opinions and obviously this is a fact of life. If Mattel is so sensitive that they can't handle the criticism when it comes, then they are absolutely in the wrong business. Adult fans are an entirely different beast from kids. It's always going to be a good with the bad. When it's good and we're all enormously proud of a release fans pour on the praise by the bucket full, but obviously the inverse is true when things aren't going so well. Why stand in the way of what is essentially a natural process?

I thought the piece was great at stating the problem. The way fans treat each other and those at Mattel is what has driven me away from this site for the last several years. You can have spirited discussion, differing opinions, and suggestions for improving things. Those are all great, and it is what this site used to be about. Venom, which is so much of what is posted here now, is not helpful.

Even the first post in this thread to disagree with the post, with its “middle finger” comment and tone, proves the point. The same thing could have been expressed in a constructive way. But it wasn’t.

I read every bit of news I can find on MotU. I interact with fans on Twitter sometimes. I enjoy MotUC and I watch the old cartoons and I enjoy the comics that Shadow is kind enough to read to me.

I don’t post much anymore, because the community has largely taken the fun out of it.

I applaud the site for finally taking a stand and saying, “Hey guys, be decent and respectful to one another, like our beloved Filmation toons taught us.”

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

This letter is clearly well written, nicely articulated and very polite.

But itīs rude in itself.

I confess i can be aggressive sometimes myself but because iīm passionated and i want the best figure for my money and iīm not alone.

Letters like that are nice and hopefully someone as articulated and not as polite can do something similar or just maybe we should say thank you for your beautiful words but iīm no child anymore and mistakes were made before we got angry.

So donīt blame the customer blame the one who makes more mistakes but please in a nice and friendly way.

This letter is meant well but meant well isnīt the same as done good.

But thatīs just my thoughts.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Actually to clarify Shadow, yes it is. You can't have it both ways. Either you want to encourage open and uncensored debate, commentary, etc., or you don't. Your article appears as if you're trying to stifle this freedom by instead focusing only on the positive. People have opinions and obviously this is a fact of life. If Mattel is so sensitive that they can't handle the criticism when it comes, then they are absolutely in the wrong business. Adult fans are an entirely different beast from kids. It's always going to be a good with the bad. When it's good and we're all enormously proud of a release fans pour on the praise by the bucket full, but obviously the inverse is true when things aren't going so well. Why stand in the way of what is essentially a natural process?
    Again, not the point I was trying to make. No where in the article do I suggest that you cannot state your opinion. As I illustrated above with my NA Skeletor example post, there is a clear difference on how you can express the same thought on something. One that is blowing off steam and one that actually makes solid points to back it up. I'm not trying to stifle anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I agree that there is never going to be sunshine and rose petals at all. But, if we continue to work on being more constructive overall, I think we'll be taken more seriously. While we all know there are many posts that are gems, from reading the forums my assessment has been that the more-so vicious posts are becoming more and more prevalent overall.

And again, you are allowed the freedom to offer suggestions, voice criticism, or get downright angry if the moment calls for it. But even being angry has different stages of acceptable behavior.

I've always voiced my (negative) opinions. King Grayskull. The Skeletor 200X statue. My ripped up and mangled Castle Grayskull box. Things happen and as fans we have strong opinions. But, I've tried my best to keep my comments constructive if I can. We all slip up, but the slip ups seem to be more the norm these days. I just think a lot of folks will take our opinions way more seriously as consumers if backed up our postings with real substance.
    Fair enough, Shadow. I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree and retreat to our various points of view. But I've been around this community long enough to have a decent sense that for certain the overall collective mood is much less vitriolic than it's historically been. The culling that's occurred over the years since the sub model first began to experience trouble has really IMHO weeded out many of the stronger and more pointed negative nelly's. In fact at times it seems like those left do nothing but talk up how they are excited about this or that release. Perhaps lately, especially with the latest double-whammy of a less then well received NA Skeletor and less than stellar SDCC exclusive, fans have been spitting venom, but I wouldn't consider a week to two week span any indication of much.

I am more of a lurker/reader than a poster on forums the majority of the time. However, I find there is a lot of nitpicking in general and this does tend to be a buzzkill at times. I only try to express my opinions to try to help support the line by telling Mattel what I want in MOTUC. I love participating in polls and appreciate this website for doing them.

While I have been screwed over by DR before (lost out on my DCIE Metron subscription figure), I have not let the disappointments keep me from enjoying being a DC or MOTUC fan and collector. I will continue to support MOTUC as long as Mattel keeps it going.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

So donīt blame the customer blame the one who makes more mistakes but please in a nice and friendly way.

This letter is meant well but meant well isnīt the same as done good.

But thatīs just my thoughts.
    It's not really about blame. It's more about looking at the situation at hand and how we as fans could improve our image going forward -- showing that we have the ability to clearly articulate our issues and concerns with the MOTUC line. I just personally think that gives us more respect. I can understand how others would see the more colorful posts as a way to get attention quickly though. Not everyone is guilty of this mind you, and I'm not trying to single any one out at all. Just a general concept I am throwing out there.

I agree with TheShadow on this one. The negativity has simply been out of hand for quite a while now.

TheShadow is NOT saying fans can't or shouldn't voice their concerns or problems with the line. He's saying that it would be cooler and more productive to do so in a respectful and constructive manner.

It's pretty easy to see the difference between voicing a concern or problem constructively and just going on a hate-filled rant. Some of the hate is so blatantly childish and over-the-top that it's pretty much trolling. It can turn an otherwise great thread conversation into something many posters don't even want to be a part of.

The needlessly over-negative vibe that often plagues the boards won't keep me away, but it sure does get tiring.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think it's fatigue that's leading to such a "negative environment." Fans have been with this line for 6 years. There have been 6 years of constructive criticisms and many problems continue to occur, like reversed shoulders, cracking translucent plastic, Digital River issues, releasing the least popular version of a character when they have been talked about in threads and polls for years, taking shortcuts on figures which make fans very unhappy (paint, deco, accessory, sculpting cuts), not advertising the line (especially when they have a MOTU comic right now they could put ads in!), etc.

There have been a lot of great successes in this line, but when people keep seeing bad decision after bad decision made for this line...and then fans ask about it in a respectful way in an "Ask Matty" or something, and the answer that's given back comes across as extremely disrespectful, rude, doesn't make any sense or completely ignores the question...it just riles people up.

I mean, if someone compiled a giant, detailed list of all the problems this line has head over the last 6 years, it would be very daunting.

Mattel, the Worl'd LARGEST toy company, really needs to take a page from Walt Disney. The woman who designed the costumes for "Small World" asked Walt what her budget was like for the costumes and he raised his eyebrow (which he did when he was slightly disturbed by what he heard, apparently) and he said:

"When you're working here, you give everybody more than they expect. You give them the best you can. If you do that, they'll always come back. If you cheat them, you'll never see them again."

I think that very quote explains why the number of MOTUC subscribers keep decreasing in significant numbers each year. I LOVE MOTU so much, but with ALL the problems this line has had...and continues to have, Mattel is cheating us and never seeing many of us again.

Filmation Hordak for the SDCC item done the way he's been done perfectly fits that quote as well. Instead of giving him a new, robotic, Filmation head, bone collar, bone armour, two interchangeable arms and some attachments...they gave him Imp, a new hand and a different colouring of paint. Every year we've been given a grand SDCC item to excite people about the line, but this year we get a cheap repaint.

Look at the past years SDCC items:

- King Grayskull (100% new tooling, first figure)
    - He-Ro (New head, forearms, boots, feet, armour, cape, staff)
    - Orko (new wand, book, head, hat, shoulders, forearms, hands, body)
    - Queen Marlena (gun, staff, 2 heads, dress, tunic, Cringer head, tail, body)
    - Rockmen (new 12 piece rock armour, 2 new heads, 2 new chest armour, 2 new loin cloths, 1 new guns)
    - Vy-Kron (2 new heads, 2 new helmets, 14 pieces of new armour, 3 new weapons)
    - "Filmation" Hordak (new hand, Imp: new head, 2 arms, body)

How is a repaint supposed to get people excited for the line?

"Oh, look...that looks exactly like the figure we already have 3 of..."

It could have been:

"Look! He looks just like the cartoon! Cool!"

Or

"Look at the badass robot guy!"
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 6, 2014 at 02:03pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I honestly enjoy reading the forums because of the entertainment value I get from the 2 sides of each issue.

However, I think that it is a little "Stockholm Syndromey" to constantly be okay with the poor decisions made for this line.
    The Love-Letter, Reversal-Gates, Plundor / Strong-Arm swap, Hordak 2.1, etc.
    I think a LOT of great things have come from this line but there are a lot of things that make me scratch my head in wonder.

I see this new "anti-negativity" wave as a reaction to just how many folks have hit their fed-up limit. It's no longer isolated. At some point you have to wonder is it really the customers that are the problem, or is it how we are treated by Mattel and it's representatives. Just look at so many of the recent posts from folks who normally don't complain who have finally hit their limits with un-Filmation Hordak.

I understand the point, and to be honest, aside from pointing out how it feels that Scott's ego gets in the way with a lot of things, I rarely see people say things like "he hates us!" it's more like "He doesn't care what we think", which I think is quite valid.

To be absolutely frank, since we are told any input we have can't be addressed for 12-16 months, even if suddenly everyone started being this undefined "super constructive" (which I don't think is possible with stuff like Hordak - I mean, how do you not point out how out of touch someone must be in order to make a Filmation Hordak without Filmation features, particularly when he fuels the fire by saying it was "creative decision" vs. a budgetary necessity), it doesn't matter because by the time anything changed, even if it did, we will be only a few months away from the end of the line as we know it (the end of 2015 when all the vintage figures are done).

We have been disrespected as fans so much by Mattel, and let's not forget - we blindly pledge a great deal of money to this line, that alone should have earned us some respect to begin with. But we have been disrespected so much that I don't think that anything we can do or say will change that - I know, the whole "two wrongs don't make a right" thing, but seriously - we pay for this line to be produced every year (directly, the entire thing is put on us to support), and after all this time I think the overall tone has changed because, frankly, we are tired of it all being put on us, and then being completely ignored when it comes to what comes out and decisions like have been recently made. We shouldn't have to complain about NA Skeletor, it should have never happened - just no one from Mattel cared enough to make that figure the best it could be. My goodness, look at Double Trouble. It's a systematic problem over there.

At this point, I can't help but feel that Scott and co. have made their bed here...I agree that people shouldn't go overboard (he hates us!), but there is really little way to not discuss some "personal" aspects since Scott is so heck bent on inserting himself as the personality of the line, and his personal preferences, which in many cases are clearly not that of the customer base. It's like a Kardashian complaining about the paparazzi - you put yourself out there a certain way, folks are going to respond to you a certain way. Scott has made it impossible to find the line in the sand between his personality and how it affects the decisions made in the line, because he has so entrenched himself as the face of the line - wholly his own doing.

There are people who make criticisms, and then there are people who are rude, insulting, degrading, and mean. My interpretation of the op-ed is directed towards the latter group of people. I've made my criticisms, but try to do so in a constructive, polite-but-firm way. I may fall short of that at times, I won't deny. However, the personal attacks on people at Mattel making the product, as well as people who administrate on this board or just defend such people is getting a bit out of hand. I've been here for Spector-gate, Star Sisters, and every other mishap in the line. Now it seems like nothing pleases anyone on this board. It's not just isolated to a particular figure but to everything. People saying figures like Two Bad and Modulok are junk just because they aren't their perception of absolute perfection. In my early days as a registered user on this site, there were complaints about the newly-released BCI DVDs of the Filmation toon and the quality of their discs. But nothing like it is now. Maybe it's just a "phase" but surely most cannot deny that the negativity is pervasive in the community right now.
    formerly wayneepoo, now with better name!

Most Wanted (Remaining)
    Vintage MOTU: Blast Attack, Dragstor
    POP:Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma
    NA:Tuskador, Quakke, Sagitar
    Filmation: Dylamug, Vultak
    But in reality I want them ALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    However, I think that it is a little "Stockholm Syndromey" to constantly be okay with the poor decisions made for this line.
    The Love-Letter, Reversal-Gates, Plundor / Strong-Arm swap, Hordak 2.1, etc.
    I think a LOT of great things have come from this line but there are a lot of things that make me scratch my head in wonder.
    I completely agree with you. We absolutely should still be pointing out what we consider to be poor decisions that have been made for the line.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mattel, the World's LARGEST toy company, really needs to take a page from Walt Disney. The woman who designed the costumes for "Small World" asked Walt what her budget was like for the costumes and he raised his eyebrow (which he did when he was slightly disturbed by what he heard, apparently) and he said:

"When you're working here, you give everybody more than they expect. You give them the best you can. If you do that, they'll always come back. If you cheat them, you'll never see them again."
    Hmmm...he didn't really answer her question.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I agree with TheShadow's post 100%. He's the Admin of these forums and is concerned about the community. If I was still the forum Admin, I would have made a similar post a while ago.

In all my years involved with this fandom, the MOTU/POP community collectively across the net has never been this uninviting. Some of the negative comments in this thread reflect the very problem at hand. It's the frustration of the individual boiling over in a harmful way. It's not good.

There's a multitude of methods for everyone to voice their feedback and also bond together over a similar issue. But the negativity in the form of aggression and hostility is almost always counter productive. It rarely fixes anything, and instead pits fan against fan while making our entire fan community look very unappealing to anyone who wants to come here to learn about MOTU and POP, or who just wants to post and have a good time.

I love MOTUC. Yes, there's been some disappointments. But as a whole, this line is a line that so many other fan bases wish they could have. For those who have them on display, just take a look at your shelves. It's mind blowing.

Every person who spends money has a right to voice their concerns. But there is no reason to be rude when posting those concerns. Even if you feel someone has been rude to you, it's best to turn the other check even though I know that can be really hard at times.

And when I'm at conventions, I see people who feel the same way about how much they like MOTUC. Very rarely do I witness any anger or outbursts of aggression. I don't see anyone ranting and raving in person. I don't see people insulting or mocking one another, or Mattel, or its vendors, etc. So why do some people think it's okay to do that once they are behind a keyboard?

When it comes to the disappointments, we have constructive feedback and criticism, VS the snide remarks, sarcastic quips and even rude insults and attacks on Mattel, its vendors, and other fans. I realize some fans are fatigued. But I still feel if everyone just counted to 10, took a breather before they posted, and thought about the best way to convey their feelings in a proactive manner, we'd all be better for it.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

While I'm more "down the middle" as far as Matty goes, (I've only had one slight issue with DR and I've been with the line since the beginning) I do feel that I express the negatives more than the positives.

There is a reason though.

We pay premium prices for premium items. A premium figure (no QC problems, no cut paint apps, well designed, and as close to perfect translation from sculpt to figure) should be the benchmark...not one that happens every once in a while.

Now, you can say, "If you don't like, don't buy" but this line can't survive with people that don't sub and put their money up before seeing how things turn out.

People feel that they are paying for sub-par items when there are QC issues, bad paint apps, and figures that seem "cheap" as far as anything "new" goes (Loo-Kee/Kowl set, Filmation Hordak, Snake Man-At-Arms, etc.)

Money, especially in this day and age, is tough to come by for some people and those people choose to spend their "extra" money on what they love and have a passion for. Passion is the reason for these "extreme" feelings.

When people got their hands on Modulok, Mantenna, Castle Grayskull, etc...there was a majority of great things to say and "Thank Yous" to Mattel and ToyGuru. On the flipside, we get Filmation Hordak, Double Chin Mischief, and fat armors. The same passion that was there with the good, is there with the bad.

Can it be downright harsh and sometimes pointed at the wrong people and handled the wrong way? Yes.

But, to be honest, without that passion (good and bad), this line doesn't stand a chance.