Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mara Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Although at first she was a civilian and an assistant to Master Sebrian, by the end of the series she had risen to be a Galactic Guardian, the same as Hydron or Flipshot. That is when they were considering rendering her in figure form. As mentioned, she is NA equivalent to Teela.
    To the point that she actually fought alongside He-Man in the final battle of the series against Skeletor and Crita.

(Shameless self-promotion/self-indulgence: I actually took her to the next step and had her replace NA He-Man as wielder of the Sword and the Power--in a radically different way--after the latter fell victim to pride and despair and became the villain 'Nemesis'. I never told their story after the War of Grayskull, but even after Nemesis was redeemed, Mara was going to be the Champion and wielder of the Sword of Hope--Adam was too damaged by what he'd done.)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Iīm a total prototype fan when it comes to Mara.

Her toga look reminds me on how jedi knights look so itīs not really that new or special.

Her ambassador look is better and i like the asymmetric design but the bikini version is just more interesting if you ask me. So if the FOUR HORSEMEN combine the asymmetry and the two part look i couldīt be happier.

I wouldīt mind getting her with both looks but i want her with the new bug and as much articulation as possible.

Which would include boot swivel as well...i really donīt get why they started to cut that with the female characters?
    Bikini / Prototype version all the way with the brownish hair - I think she looks very MOTU-eque this way.

I like her other outfits, but the prototype version plus the colours work much better. I wouldn't mind the ambassador look either - but prototype edges it for me.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Bikini / Prototype version all the way with the brownish hair - I think she looks very MOTU-eque this way.

I like her other outfits, but the prototype version plus the colours work much better. I wouldn't mind the ambassador look either - but prototype edges it for me.
    The first time i saw the prototype pictures, i was so happy and sad at the same time. Seeing what we could have gotten and what we missed out really threw me off!

Iīm a fan of catsuits or bikini outfits so "bathing suit" outfits arenīt my favorite thing if you give me the choice as in this chase i always chose the bikini version!

And by the way, i really like your wish list!!!!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The first time i saw the prototype pictures, i was so happy and sad at the same time. Seeing what we could have gotten and what we missed out really threw me off!

Iīm a fan of catsuits or bikini outfits so "bathing suit" outfits arenīt my favorite thing if you give me the choice as in this chase i always chose the bikini version!

And by the way, i really like your wish list!!!!
    Cool list too - you have few similar obscure wants too.

I'm not expecting Mara later this year or next though - but hopefully in 2015 after the remaining big guns are released.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Cool list too - you have few similar obscure wants too.

I'm not expecting Mara later this year or next though - but hopefully in 2015 after the remaining big guns are released.
    I donīt expect any more NA character for the rest of 2013. Two in one year is more than we could have hoped for so a third would be to much and if it would be Mara, the Flogg fans would get very upset...!?

I hope she will be released in 2014.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm really hoping the re-focusing of the line doesn't completely eliminate getting Mara. To me, she's the big hole in the NA line, which, unlike MOTU, had NO female figures at all. If we get another two NA's next year, my hope is for Skeletor and Mara (although I'm not totally giving up hope for the end of this year, no matter how unlikely it might be. She's not just NA, she's an unproduced prototype, so there's a little extra justification for her to be made).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I suppose there is still a chance that we can get an NA character this year still, especially now that Filmation has its own sub, so it leaves space for some more NA - maybe mini comic or 200X.

It would be very cool if someone like Crita or Mara could be the October figure - I think both could turn out great.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I'm really hoping the re-focusing of the line doesn't completely eliminate getting Mara. To me, she's the big hole in the NA line, which, unlike MOTU, had NO female figures at all. If we get another two NA's next year, my hope is for Skeletor and Mara (although I'm not totally giving up hope for the end of this year, no matter how unlikely it might be. She's not just NA, she's an unproduced prototype, so there's a little extra justification for her to be made).
    Eldor, Darius and Mara should be made no matter what!

I think she has every right to be made because of her prototype status a long with the required JETLAG rights, which they havenīt been using so far (and i donīt know why, we have seen seven already released FILMATION characters with at least three more coming out only this year...) and with her importance in the Fight for Primus story it would be weird not to make her into MOTUC (same goes for Crita).

I made a custom Mara that I'm pretty happy with, but an official version would always be nice.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I took some screen captures of Mara because (as I said previously in this thread), there are barely any NA pictures on the net. IF Mara gets an action figure, I hope these pictures can help the 4H.

More pics (and all future Mara pics I take) here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7113630...7635949508066/
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thank you for those pictures!

The face shot is amazing i didnīt know she had purple eyes! And in this pictures you can clearly see the similarities of her outfits. The sleeves are very similar and she wears the same belt and right hand gauntlet.

I really hope she wins the vote!

Yes, Mara can be made like Captain Glenn/Queen Marlena. The ONLY thing that needs to be sacrificed/compromised, are Mara's white strap sandals. They should make her warrior boots instead of the sandals.

For the sleeves, I'm not sure if the 4H should:

A) Make new shoulders with them (like Sea Hawk), because they're both so similar on each outfit
    B) Add the sleeves to each outfit, possibly done like Chief Carnivus' shoulder pads (they move when the arms are raised, so articulation isn't hindered)
    C) Remove the sleeves to allow more articulation in the arms/shoulders
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

The Warrior version is the only version that interests me, but I would totally be OK with a removable, soft plastic 'robe/toga'.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I really would like to have her without the ball mace on her hair.
    Two options for display would be ideal.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    So the fan vote at NYCC this year will be Darius Vs. Mara for the next monthly spot. Whose side are you on?

Link to the panel description: http://nycc13.mapyourshow.com/5_0/se...ionID=18A8C8C7
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I think Mara deserves it a lot more because the Mattel/4H guys are always talking about how they like to make figures that will fulfill multiple categories - Mara is not only a character from NA, she's a female character as well and the original NA He-Man didn't have a single female figure. If they decide to go the Queen Marlena/Captain Glenn route, she could potentially have both looks in one. Though I'd go with the Warrior look, since I like my figures very posable and battle-ready. I keep Captain Glenn in her astronaut attire with the Queen Marlena head because I don't see the point in having a figure just standing there in a nonflexible dress, even if it is just a display.

Mara wins the fan choice

Yeah! She won and she is what NA needs!! Their first Cartoon Character... (I know that she had a prototype made, but that's the second reason...) Also their first Prototype character!! Third reason the first NA Female... Tri-winning!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Mara wins the fan choice
    Thank goodness! I want Darius as badly (whereas Tuskador is not among my top NA priorities), but Mara being a female, and a NA female on top of that, she definitely had lesser chances than Darius of finally getting made had she been left for some unspecified future. Darius is the leader of the Galactic Guardians in the European comics, so I'm confident he will get made eventually. And Tuskador is a relatively popular vintage NA figure, so he'll get released sooner or later too. Of the three, Mara was the one most in need of securing her slot in the line.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Yes, YES YES

At least now she has a chance to get made and with that i mean if the sub for 2015 goes through, i guess it will.

And i really hope itīs the prototype they are going for and with that i mean a bare midriff. I wouldīt mind if they would give her the asymmetric shoulder design from the cartoon but bikini all the way!
    Hopefully until than design knows how to do it or the FOUR HORSEMEN find a way to make it easy for them.

Iīm really glad and that vote results helps a little bit after no POP release for NYCC.

I'll be glad to get Mara but would have much preferred Darius. I really hope we still get him at some point.

Would have preferred Tuskador but whatever, still wish it was another mutant.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'm SO happy she won the vote! I found out right before I got to work and had to try very hard not to get emotional, because I've wanted her figure for so long!

I REALLY hope she's made like Queen Marlena with her warrior "tunic" outfit (exactly like the cartoon) and her robe version. That way, we can have BOTH versions of Mara. I'm sure we will never get a variant of her if the line continues a few more years. Also, she would be on the first female buck (the one Queen Marlena used), so they could make the same, nice 'V' loincloth/crotch piece Captain Glenn had.

I ALSO hope we see Darius and Tuskador later on. I'm sure they will come out.

Fantastic! This is the one I would have voted for. There are very few females in the NA storyline. Also, heck - she looks cool and I like the mace hair. Looking forward to her!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Yeah! She won and she is what NA needs!! Their first Cartoon Character... (I know that she had a prototype made, but that's the second reason...) Also their first Prototype character!! Third reason the first NA Female... Tri-winning!
    My opinion exactly. a new 1) Prototype character that never got made, but should have, 2) Cartoon Jetlag Character, and 3) NA Female.

Definately a win.

Now do I expect a "Marlena"...well no. to keep cost right, probably not, and I dont want to have to have her be a more expensive SDCC Special either. So I just want the battle Mara.

But could they do it? could they? Yeah, and I feel they may even consider it.

But probably just Battle Mara. I would be sorta dissapointed if it was dress Mara. Both is fine, but if only one look, the Prototype toy/later Toon Mara.

Still, a great day.

I feel like Tuskador, like Masque, is sorta a given. 2015 let's say. I dont particularly care for tuskador, but he is at least one of the interesting lookin (if not most aside from Sagitar) of the NA Heroes.

Darius, yeah, I feel bad for his fans. I do believe he should get made. I hope he does.

But I cant lie and not admit I am so glad the girl I voted for (well, would have could I have) won.

She deserves it most for the reasons listed above.
    Last edited by baronterror; October 11, 2013 at 11:52pm.