Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mara Discussion Thread

Lame!!!
    Tuskador was the better choice...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Not my first choice, but I'm still happy that she won. I'd rather see a prototype figure win, than get someone for the 2nd time around. Hopefully we still get Darius at some point...
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Lame!!!
    Tuskador was the better choice...
    Sadly this is also my opinion. I'm happy to get Mara, but no way is she cooler than Tusky would have been! He got my vote.

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Worst choice of the three in my humble, yet very NA ignorant opinion.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

So happy Mara won now give us Mara and Crita in 15 and I will be stocked.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Dull choice... blah.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    So happy Mara won now give us Mara and Crita in 15 and I will be stocked.
    That would make it a very nice year
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

I was standing right next to Scott when he was counting the votes. Mara had 26 and Tuskador had 25. Darius had like 3 or 5.

I can careless about NA, but since I sub and HAVE to buy one of them I voted for Tuskador. Sucks he lost by a measly one vote.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

So happy, the right character won! NA needed it's female lead. Now that Flogg is coming the next Space Mutant must be Crita, she gets far more votes than any other non-variant NA character.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

It's obvious that a bunch of trolls voted for Mara, there is no way she legit won over Tuskador. They should only allow subscribers to vote IMO.

Very dissapointed Mara is such a bland character. She sure wont help sell the 2015 sub. Tuskador is better choice since he is much more visually appealing imo

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    It's obvious that a bunch of trolls voted for Mara, there is no way she legit won over Tuskador. They should only allow subscribers to vote IMO.
    Mara won the poll I posted here on the Org as well, and I'm sure many of those votes were from sub holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    Very dissapointed Mara is such a bland character. She sure wont help sell the 2015 sub. Tuskador is better choice since he is much more visually appealing imo
    I'm far more likely to sub in 2015 because of Mara. Tuskador would most likely go unopened and in the closet just like Slush Head, NA He-Man, and Karatti.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Glad to see the correct character won the fan vote but Mara was always going to win. Without doubt she was the most A-List out of the three choices.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I'll be glad to get Mara but would have much preferred Darius. I really hope we still get him at some point.
    Agreed! Mara would make a great figure but I really hope Darius also gets made at some point!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pleased that Mara won, but I think I would have been pleased if any of the three won as they all have different reasons for being 'eligible' if you will, which is why I wasn't too fond of the choices for the vote - but maybe that's why they were chosen to be the contenders in teh first place (Toyguru: "welp, i can't decide - let them do it"), or it was based on them all having a similar cost to produce, anyway let's hope it's as good as that sweet custom that's hanging around the site.

Heroic Warrior
    It was an important vote. Why not let the subscibers decide what figure to release. On conventions there should be design choices like Filmation vs Toy Swiftwind or flocked vs. unflocked Panthor
    All three are/were important to the line.
    Letting a minority decide what the majority will get is always questionable. But on important charakters it is almost ludicrous.

As a democrat i accept the vote. As a Darius supporter i wish all of you Mara and Tuskador voters to Despondos.

Letīs hope the Horsemen make a decent Figure. And please Mattel Design: Do not screw up. AGAIN!

Pleased with this. As Mara won, there's no doubt in my mind that we'll also see Crita. Thing is, there are now SO many female characters to get through in the next 18 months, I can't see how they're going to do it without an extra sub or two-packs out of the sub. Think about it:

- 9 POP toyline ladies
    - Madame Razz
    - Huntara
    - Mara
    - Rumoured Veena
    - Anticipated Crita

...that's 14 ladies with only 17 monthly slots left...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Really surprised that Mara won. She's an important NA character, but visually she's no where near as interesting as Tuskador.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    I was standing right next to Scott when he was counting the votes. Mara had 26 and Tuskador had 25. Darius had like 3 or 5.
    I think that's because the fans that prefer Tuskador and the fans that prefer Mara/Darius are for the most part two distinct audiences (the former preferring figures based on the "badass warriorness" of their appearance or their being part of some actually-released vintage toyline versus those that put more value into a character's "storywise A-listness" or their being unrealized prototypes long awaiting their chance to finally see the light of day). So probably most would-be Darius voters opted to vote for Mara instead because a female would be far less likely to eventually make it had she lost the vote (just like what happened with Huntara vs. Masque).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I'd much rather get Darius, but Mara is WAY better than Sebrian.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    It's not like i hadn't seen this coming but .... PLEAAASSEEE !! Mara is a such a bland, colourless character, anything ANY other NA vintage toy would have my preference of this bikini girl.

Extremely disappointed, thumbs down to these results.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    It's obvious that a bunch of trolls voted for Mara, there is no way she legit won over Tuskador.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    the plus side is no trapjaw legs re-use for the next NA character, all yay to that

Heroic Warrior
    I'm indifferent to Mara. I'm sure she'll make a cool enough figure, but she does nothing for me as a character. Out of the 3 I would have rather had Darius, and over all the next GP I'd want would be Sebrian. He's MAA and the Sorceress rolled up into one. But Mara won, fair and square. I'm still steamed that Huntara beat Lord Masque at SDCC, but to each their own. As long as we get the figures that didn't win as well, I'll be totally ok with it.

If the subscribers could have voted...well in a way we did since we had a poll running here on the forum as well and here is the link:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...fan-vote/page4

It shows Mara won even here with almost 200 voters and 41% over Tuskador with 38% and Darius 19%.

And what i donīt get is this negativity. In real life when ever there is a woman wearing a bikini every man likes to see that for once there is a bikini wearing female character and the men here get negative and childish

I asked on the Matty forum how they plan to do Mara but he said they arenīt that far on her since and another on asked if her braid will be articulated like it was planned on her vintage prototype.

I would love to see that, that would be cool.

Iīm really happy she won.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor