Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mara Discussion Thread

Very glad Mara was victorious! She will be a fantastic addition to the NA heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I would be sorta dissapointed if it was dress Mara. Both is fine, but if only one look, the Prototype toy/later Toon Mara.
    I can't imagine them doing dress Mara. Especially as they used an image of the battle attire.

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I'm far more likely to sub in 2015 because of Mara. Tuskador would most likely go unopened and in the closet just like Slush Head, NA He-Man, and Karatti.
    I'm curious about your reasoning here? Why do you like Mara so much as opposed to those other, seemingly more important NA characters/figures you mentioned?

(Note: I know next to nothing about NA and just base my opinion on the characters'/figures' visual appeal)
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Because most people seem to prefer characters over toy design.

Mara won the vote several times here on the ORG and on NYCC, it's only fair that she gets a figure .... i guess

I am happy that Mara won. Personally, i would have voted for Tuskador, but Mara was a very close seond. It would be great symmetry if Mara and Crita were both released in 2015.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Though I also want the other two, I am sooo relieved (and excited!) that we'll be seeing Mara in 2015
    I imagine they'll do the prototype design, as it's something Mattel planned on releasing back in the day anyways (and it keeps in theme with prototypes like He-Ro being released). Now we REALLY need Eldor and Darius!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'm curious about your reasoning here? Why do you like Mara so much as opposed to those other, seemingly more important NA characters/figures you mentioned?

(Note: I know next to nothing about NA and just base my opinion on the characters'/figures' visual appeal)
    I'm not a NA fan, so I know very little about the characters. From what I do know Mara is far more important than the others, she is pretty much the Teela of NA. Also for the most part I don't think they fit in with the rest of my MOTUC collection. Mara will easily fit in with the rest of the Masters who desperately need more females. The only other NA character I really want is Crita. Being the Evil-Lyn on NA she is more important than any of the remaining space mutants, so I hope we see her in 2015 along with Mara.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    I was standing right next to Scott when he was counting the votes. Mara had 26 and Tuskador had 25. Darius had like 3 or 5.

I can careless about NA, but since I sub and HAVE to buy one of them I voted for Tuskador. Sucks he lost by a measly one vote.
    That's a little disappointing there were so few people at NYCC, but I'm surprised the vote was THAT close! That bodes well for Tuskador being released in the future, though. Remember Toyguru's idea of a GIANT SDCC pack in the future to finish off ALL the NA characters that don't get released (if the line ends by 2015)? I think that's a good idea, if they can't make it before the line ends. I'm sad Darius only got 3-5 votes. I blame the poll that showed it was a race between Mara and Tuskador though, and not an actual lack of interest in his character.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    It's obvious that a bunch of trolls voted for Mara, there is no way she legit won over Tuskador. They should only allow subscribers to vote IMO.
    She won every poll where she was put up against Tuskador and Darius. It's okay being disappointed in the result of a vote, but I don't see how you can call people trolls when she wins each poll.

Mara: 82
    Tuskador: 76
    Darius: 39

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...fan-vote/page4

Darius is important in mainly European literature as the leader of the Galactic Guardians, but never made it to the cartoon. Master Sebrian plays his role...minus all the action heroic stuff...because he's an old man with a cane. Tuskador guest starred in a handful of episodes, and is kind of like Ram-Man of NA, I guess...but is an Elephant-like man, ala Snout Spout. Mara is, for all intents and purposes, NA's Teela. She helps Master Sebrian as his assistant (Teela helps Man-At-Arms in his workshop), she thinks He-Man and Adam are the same, she becomes Ambassador of the Galactimytes and leads them into battle (Teela, Captain of the Royal Guard), and she and Crita fight it out hand-to-hand in a handful of episodes. Crita vs Mara is the Evil-Lyn vs Teela of NA. I think her warrior garb and ponytail mace (like Whiplash's tail) are really cool. I LOVE her cartoon warrior look and I PRAY they chose that over the prototype "bikini" look. I don't like that. Also, if she can be done like Queen Marlena/Captain Glenn to get BOTH her looks, she will be one of the best figures in the line, in my opinion.

She just needs:

- two heads (ponytail mace on a BALL JOINT so it can whip people)
    - female buck 1.0 (same one Queen Marlena uses)
    - 2 outfits: warrior tunic (same kind of style as Captain Glenn's tunic) and her robed dress
    - shield her prototype came with
    - new boots
    - new bracelets

They could also give her and episode specific artifact, a blaster or something from Filmation.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I know itīs silly but all this Mara talk makes me really happy. She is very far away from now on and not even guaranteed since we donīt know if the 2015 sub is really going to happen but still. She is on her way

Iīm totally for her bikini look and i want her to have a waist cut. I picture her in my head posed twisted at her waist throwing her braided her with the mace but that wonīt be possible if they use the old female bug.

Queen Marlena had been a SDCC exclusive so i guess Mara wonīt get that treatment and she doesīt have to if you ask me. First up i want her represented as a fighting character who can kick behinds and make use of her hair and mace and once she has gotten her MOTUC figure one day they could make a variant of her.

The asymmetric shoulder design for her outfit would look good as leotard or bikini so i hope the FOUR HORSEMEN included that no matter what route they go with her the rest is very similar so her torso is the big surprise we will have to wait and see for!
    Last edited by Niki; October 12, 2013 at 12:29pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm with you on this one Niki! Can't believe we're going to finally have her in figure form!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    Very glad Mara was victorious! She will be a fantastic addition to the NA heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I would be sorta dissapointed if it was dress Mara. Both is fine, but if only one look, the Prototype toy/later Toon Mara.
    I can't imagine them doing dress Mara. Especially as they used an image of the battle attire.
    You know, they could do the swappable Marlena type thing with her. That way, she might actually have a chance for a less droopy crotch covering.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Worst choice of the three in my humble, yet very NA ignorant opinion.
    I wish Darius had won now. That figure will never be made. I know that I will never always have my way but damn these voting polls blow... Having to make fans choose between characters is like making parents choose between children. Color and versions is what fan votes should be. I am glad that certain characters will be made but knowing that the one that lost will be in limbo status is the worst.
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; October 12, 2013 at 01:21pm.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I was standing right next to Scott when he was counting the votes. Mara had 26 and Tuskador had 25. Darius had like 3 or 5.
    It's a little sad that only 55 or so people decided the fate of this.

They wanted to give the NYCC attendees a bonus i never liked that idea but their vote gave the same answer as the other votes, so in the end it doesīt matter how many voted since the outcome is the same.

And maybe iīm crossing a line here but i think itīs very rude to come into Maras thread and tell those who like her you didīt wanted her to win and that she is bland or boring or what ever.
    You donīt see me at the Darius thread telling everyone how glad i am she won and he didīt made it.
    Last edited by Niki; October 12, 2013 at 03:00pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I can careless about NA, but since I sub and HAVE to buy one of them I voted for Tuskador. Sucks he lost by a measly one vote.
    Ouch, that stings a lot . If only my partner and I had been there, we could have won it for Tuskador! I had even considered going to NYCC just to take part in the vote, and now I see that I should have carried through with that crazy plan .

I know that Mara will turn out to be cool figure, but I will probably resent her a little bit if my choice never gets made as a result of her winning by one vote. Now I know how Illumina fans must feel towards Geldor. I voted for Illumina but the choice wasn't as important to me as this one. Congrats to Mara fans.

Even though she wasn't my first choice, I prefer the result of this vote than the results that are giving us Huntara. Can't believe so few people were part of the vote.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Ouch. I wanted Tuskador.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Ouch. I wanted Tuskador.
    I say yeah since i wanted Mara more than i want Tuskador but i hope we get him and Darius as well in MOTUC.

Wow. What a brilliant idea to let approximately 54-56 fans (who may or may not be subscribers) determine which character is produced. Although, I am glad Mara won.

I'm happy to see Mara win, she a character I've been hoping for and was worried she wasn't going to be made this late in the line.

Luckily for the Four Horsemen she's a character that can get away with their pancake booty
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LemonLimeGygor; October 12, 2013 at 06:28pm.

After the huge turn out I had been seeing for Tuskador when he was announced as the third choice, I'm surprised to see that Mara won, but I'm happy. From what I understand, she was in every, or at least almost every, episode. That makes her way important to me than the others. Not to say the others don't deserve figures, of course. Darkspecter called her New Adventures' Teela. To me that takes precedence over most things in a series. It is a shame they have to do it this way though. If that was really the number of votes, it really doesn't mean anything. I always hate when I feel like I'm taking sides to the detriment of someone else in this line (especially since in the end, I support any character as long as they already existed), but at least I wasn't there to vote. XP

I just hope Mara looks good. From what I understand, she has, like, what? Three looks? Robe, combat, and prototype figure? I hope they pick something that looks good, or at least provide some options that allow you to choose.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Queen Marlena had been a SDCC exclusive so i guess Mara wonīt get that treatment and she doesīt have to if you ask me. First up i want her represented as a fighting character who can kick behinds and make use of her hair and mace and once she has gotten her MOTUC figure one day they could make a variant of her.
    I think they could still do it. Packing Cringer in with Marlena made her more of an SDCC item. Doing bother versions of Mara in one package would be like how NA He-Man was done, kind of. 2 heads, 2 armour pieces and some accessories...except the warrior outfit and her robes would be her 1-piece armour.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

Pretty much this:

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I'm not a NA fan, so I know very little about the characters. From what I do know Mara is far more important than the others, she is pretty much the Teela of NA. Also for the most part I don't think they fit in with the rest of my MOTUC collection. Mara will easily fit in with the rest of the Masters who desperately need more females. The only other NA character I really want is Crita. Being the Evil-Lyn on NA she is more important than any of the remaining space mutants, so I hope we see her in 2015 along with Mara.

Unfortunately we will most likely see the prototype version of Mara instead of her Jetlag appearance. The whole "vote for your favorite figure" thing really stinks! ALL THREE of these characters should be made! Tuskador would look sooooooo good in MOTUC!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Oh sweet they used my fanart of Mara in their presentation. Thanks Jukka for letting me know!
    I'm also on DeviantArt
    My buddies and I review stuff 3 Points of Articulation
    3 Points official site 3PA
    Personal Gallery The Art of Mista Jonz

Nothing against the other 2, but I am very glad Mara won the vote!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior
    Hum... Is that some kind of LEOTARD Mara is wearing !?