Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mara Discussion Thread

I would have rather Tuskador win honestly as he had a figure with a unique design and I would have liked to see that updated and improved on. Mara is an important character for sure, but I don't think her toy will have the same cool factor as a massive tusked dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Hum... Is that some kind of LEOTARD Mara is wearing !?
    Are you being paid to turn every thread into a discussion on leotards? There is already a thread dedicated to moaning on and on about this issue.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I would have rather Tuskador win honestly as he had a figure with a unique design and I would have liked to see that updated and improved on. Mara is an important character for sure, but I don't think her toy will have the same cool factor as a massive tusked dude.
    Tuskador will look great as a MOTUC figure(one day ) but I think you underestimate Mara. There is this one picture i really like and if she would be made like that it would be amazing!

And here her pants (hot pants?) look very similar to Huntaras on that picture so maybe they can reuse hers for Mara! If it ends up looking good in figure form of course!!!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Tuskador will look great as a MOTUC figure(one day ) but I think you underestimate Mara. There is this one picture i really like and if she would be made like that it would be amazing!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs24/f/20..._yelahttam.jpg

And here her pants (hot pants?) look very similar to Huntaras on that picture so maybe they can reuse hers for Mara! If it ends up looking good in figure form of course!!!
    Wow, I have not seen that artwork before. Thanks for that Niki! Maybe I am underestimating her... hmmm. Well, lets hope she ends up as great as this picture
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Mara Croft
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    Mara Croft
    The first Lara Croft game didn't come out until 1996, six years after New Adventures debuted.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    The first Lara Croft game didn't come out until 1996, six years after New Adventures debuted.
    There's absolutely no comparison between the two characters , why bring this up?

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I am very excited that Mara won

I hope that her appearance is styled after the cartoon as opposed to the toy prototype. The cartoon outfit was a bit more detailed. The vontage toy was just sort of a plain bikini.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    There's absolutely no comparison between the two characters , why bring this up?
    Seriously? In that picture above you see a brunette woman wearing a greenish outfit, she has a great body and her hair is pulled back in a braided pony tail and a bare midriff that alone doesīt remind you on Lara Croft ?

Here is a reminder i can see what he meant and i like the comparison:

Last edited by Niki; October 15, 2013 at 10:24am.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I voted for Tuskador just so everyone knows. I think Mara is a completely lame choice, I mean another GIRL FIGURE..... C'mon!

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    I voted for Tuskador just so everyone knows. I think Mara is a completely lame choice, I mean another GIRL FIGURE..... C'mon!
    Thank you for coming here to announce that to those who like her. Great choice. You know how to make friends and to treat people right!

Last edited by Niki; October 19, 2013 at 04:47pm.

Mara is so boring a design. I was rooting for Tuskador. Tuskador, Sagitar and the black guy are really the only NA figures I want, and even then I don't care to get them. Good for the fans of course but for me its a big yawn.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm really shocked about this; I thought for sure Tuskador would take it the second he was announced as the third candidate. I'm actually very happy with the choice (as it would have been my vote had I been there), though; NA is the one faction that looks like a charter member of the "He-Man Woman Haters Club" right now. Also, I think Tusky has a very good chance of getting made anyway, especially if the line makes it for 2015. We've now got Flogg confirmed, and I'm certain NA Skelly is on tap for later in the year, so we should have at least a decent representation for this era.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I am glad that Mara won the vote. She will be a great addition to the Galactic Guardians!!

We will see NA Skeletor very soon I think.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

The Axe Murderer!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    The Axe Murderer!
    Really thatīs him? okay i think i will remove that gif than….

Ouch… now i feel really stupid.

Really thatīs him? okay i think i will remove that gif than….

Ouch… now i feel really stupid.
    You have no knowledge of MMA, do you? He is not literally an axe murderer. That is his nickname. His name is Wanderlei Silva and is a UFC fighter. He is a legend in the sport.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You have no knowledge of MMA, do you? He is not literally an axe murderer. That is his nickname. His name is Wanderlei Silva and is a UFC fighter. He is a legend in the sport.
    I like that gif. since itīs really impressive…well he had impressions on people it seems.

I heard of him but iīm from Europe and not really into sports….

I changed the gif.

ANYWAY

I was looking at Maras prototype and i have a question concerning her shield:

There is some kind of rim around the prototype shield. Is this part of the design or is it like an extra piece of plastic which would be removed later on?

Maybe itīs made to make the painting easier so it can be held….?

Can someone clear that up for me?

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Even the vintage proto of Mara has better crotch piece !!! Here's one more to screw Ruben, "Rubenize" Mara with a Diaper design !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I hope they include the option to change Mara into the 'Princess' dress. They could make her the same as Marlena/Capt. Glenn. All they need is a dress to fit on top of her default costume, and an extra hair piece to attach (via a peg) to the top of her head (where the ponytail mace would go).

I don't mind her vintage prototype design either, but I too am concerned about her crotch piece. I would even trade waist articulation for an accurate leotard curve.

So the POP sub "failing" would mean fewer overall POP figs and we would not finish POP by the end of 2015. It does not mean we would swap out Mara or some other non POP 2015 fig for one of the 2014 Add on POP figs. We would only replace the 3-4 planned 2015 POP slots. (About the same number that will be in the main 2014 sub if you will).

So Mara is not forgotten and has her place for 2015

That was the only bright spot in this whole message i have to admit!

Seriously? In that picture above you see a brunette woman wearing a greenish outfit, she has a great body and her hair is pulled back in a braided pony tail and a bare midriff that alone doesīt remind you on Lara Croft ?

Here is a reminder i can see what he meant and i like the comparison:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...oncept-Art.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...xx-d38xc94.png
    This odd i was just looking at that NA picture today and thought, " hmmmm Mara Croft", a few posts bellow someone said "Mara Croft" and right after that there's me asking why would someone compare Mara to Lara lol

it's odd that i came up to that very conclusion today and found it to be so out of place in the past, maybe your pics had an influence in my subconscious

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I hope they include the option to change Mara into the 'Princess' dress. They could make her the same as Marlena/Capt. Glenn. All they need is a dress to fit on top of her default costume, and an extra hair piece to attach (via a peg) to the top of her head (where the ponytail mace would go).

I don't mind her vintage prototype design either, but I too am concerned about her crotch piece. I would even trade waist articulation for an accurate leotard curve.
    Toga Mara looks cool but for her first ever action figure i hope thy focus on a warrior look for her.

Iīm one of those who like the prototype bikini version others want her leotard ambassador look because of itīs asymmetrical elements i hope the FOUR HORSEMEN find the best solution and Mattel design finally finds a way to make those desgins look as good as the FOUR HORSEMENs prototypes.

If you ask me i would rather have a second head or a Mara variant later on. I wouldīt like my Mara with a hole in her head

And i said it before but why they donīt use the Temple of Darkness Sorceress crotch and pattern? If you ask me it almost looks like a leotard and is form fitting with a waist cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    This odd i was just looking at that NA picture today and thought, " hmmmm Mara Croft", a few posts bellow someone said "Mara Croft" and right after that there's me asking why would someone compare Mara to Lara lol

it's odd that i came up to that very conclusion today and found it to be so out of place in the past, maybe your pics had an influence in my subconscious
    Sometimes iīm the same i canīt see something and one day it makes "POP" and i canīt unsee it from that day on

Iīm glad if i could help i like to google and itīs always nice to look for pictures and references if there is a good reason and MOTU/POP is always the best reason if you ask me!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My DREAM for Mara is that we can make both looks for her, like we can Queen Marlena. Mara would require TWO heads, a "bathing suit" outfit similar to the green Adora one (I really love the cartoon "Ambassador" version and don't think a two-piece would work if they give us this switch up option), and then the robe/dress.

For her shoulders, I think it would be best if they were a newly sculpted piece, giving her short sleeves. The 4H would just have to make sure the colours match both outfits and that the style suits both outfits. They would have to find a happy medium between both sleeves. IF they put the individual sleeves on the outfit itself, it could also work. They might just have to be hinged sort of like Chief Carnivus' armour.

Having both outfits/display options would be my perfect Mara.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    My DREAM for Mara is that we can make both looks for her, like we can Queen Marlena. Mara would require TWO heads, a "bathing suit" outfit similar to the green Adora one (I really love the cartoon "Ambassador" version and don't think a two-piece would work if they give us this switch up option), and then the robe/dress.

For her shoulders, I think it would be best if they were a newly sculpted piece, giving her short sleeves. The 4H would just have to make sure the colours match both outfits and that the style suits both outfits. They would have to find a happy medium between both sleeves. IF they put the individual sleeves on the outfit itself, it could also work. They might just have to be hinged sort of like Chief Carnivus' armour.

Having both outfits/display options would be my perfect Mara.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7387/9...0375bb69_o.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3722/9...f71999a5_o.jpg
    There are to many compromises to make it a prefect figure. I really like my Queen Marlena but i had wished her spacesuit would have been white.

But i display her mostly in her dress anyway.

For Mara i want a cool looking ambassador/warrior look one piece or two piece i donīt see it with ruffled sleeves.

And making Marlena change into both versions was a exclusive treatment that Mara will never get so i really hope they focus on great looking form fitting two or one piece outfit which makes all those who think she is not a warrior rethink and start enjoying her for the strong character she is.

The toga version is cool but itīs a brunette in a dress and she is more than that.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Well, another option would be the following (still doing to two-in-one idea).

- Ambassador Mara outfit without sleeves (end at the FIRST blue fin, eliminate the white to second blue fin part)
    - Toga Mara outfit (hinged sleeves like Carnivus).

I think that should make most people happy. The two outfits would be no more expensive than making a new top and loincloth. The real expense with Queen Marlena/Marlena Glenn was her two-part helmet/dome, the neck/backpack piece and Cringer. Those were 6 additional pieces of tooling.

The two outfits would only be 2 pieces of tooling. I think they could do it. I know a lot of people would appreciate getting the chance to do both looks. She could also re-use Huntara's bracelets. I know they're a bit bigger than what was shown on the toon, but it's close to her toy prototype's bracelet, and I think they would look nice (and save tooling dollars from making new ones for her).

This also reminds me, I keep meaning to watch more NA episodes starring Ambassador Mara for better screenshots.

Last edited by Darkspecter; March 2, 2014 at 03:58pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah