Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Queen Angella Video Review by Pixel Dan

MOTUC Queen Angella Video Review by Pixel Dan

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at the upcoming Queen Angella from MattyCollector. Check it out!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Awesome. That figure came out really well and Dan got some great poses out of it.

Great looking figure. POP finished was just a dream,now I can't believe it is happening.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

So according to Dan's Review Angella isn't the problem...It's Glimmer since Angella and Sweetbee are the same hight.

Glimmer was designed incorrectly by Ruben while he worked on MOTUC's and it's probably due to the fact Glimmer needed a larger Pelvise because Ruben designed skirts not Leotards like he should have. Brandon Designed Angella with the Leotard so she needed a smaller Pelvise under it.

So many POP ladies in the line got the shaft due to Ruben's Laziness
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    So many POP ladies in the line got the shaft due to Ruben
    Fixed that for you.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

as you can see, this is great figure, and I never even cared much for POP before Classics. Looking forward to her! It is worth noting, another great review by Pixel Dan!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'm not a POP fan, so the bio confused me...she was Queen Regent of one of Sterna's largest kingdoms?

I thought all the POP stuff originated on Etheria.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Looks great! Not all that keen on the glued up skirt piece, though. I realize I'm in the super minority with that one. I've been totally fine with the "long tunic" look. Gluing it up just hinders leg movement and I've never been fond of the leotard look. Ah well.

Rest of her looks fantastic! Love the wings, the sword, and the halo is awesome (what with my love for translucent things). I don't have many ties to the toon, so her size is fine with me. She'll just be shorter than her daughter. It's a common thing in my family, so it ain't crazy, to me (my dad was towering over his dad when he was in his teens, and my brother and I were way over my mom by the time I was in high school.)
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

She came out so good! My only complaint is that we got Club Etheria under an inferior designer's rule. Angella puts a lot of what came before her, including She-Ra herself, to shame.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    I'm not a POP fan, so the bio confused me...she was Queen Regent of one of Sterna's largest kingdoms?

I thought all the POP stuff originated on Etheria.
    Scott chimed in on another thread and said "somebody else" must have changed the Etheria references to Eternia. According to Scott, it could've even been Chinese workers, not-as-fluent in English as himself ...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Actually, my bios said Etheria. Prob changed by error. I left before Angela went into production and before her bio was reviewed on package.

The last package I reviewed before leaving was Oo-larr. I also noticed Huntata is holding the wrong accessory in her cross sell. These were the type of details i did my best to keep an eye on, and honestly as a fan, it is disappointing when I see any errors too. But I honestly cut the team a lot of slack at the moment. Not to be mr idealistic, but just glad we are still getting figures!
    and then ...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    You misunderstand or I didn't exlplain fully (I think the later)

The new team didn't ask for Eternia to be there, what I am guessing happened (based on experience) is the team in China that does the layouts changed the name thinking "Etheria" was a type o for "Eternia" a name they are more familiar with.

This happened a lot where bio would come back on package changed due the Chinese team inadvertently make a change they assumed was to the correct name. (Not that there aren't typeo's that I persoanlly made, Adora and Battlion being bad ones, but many many times when the bio goes from word doc to layout by the team in China we would see errors, some made in good faith, and we would then ask for a change. You never saw these because we tried to catch em, sometimes did, other times didn't , and sometimes the mistake was in the original bio I wrote.

Then the ES team gets the file for review. Often, we would find things like Etheria for Eternjia "changed" by the China graphics team and then need to advise them to correct it back. What I am guessing is the current team may have missed this change when it came back from China (I've seen/noted many times over the years this specific change made during layout, it is a common one, Etheria comes back many times as Eternia; and during ES review of the file, I would ask for a change (back).

That is why I note to be easy on current team. They have a lot on there plate and may have missed a small change made when the packaging was lay'd out overseas for printing. I could see how they might miss these type of things. I only learned to look for Etheria/Eternia swaps in the layout from years of doing it.

Hope that helps! Wasn't trying to be mean. Just clarfying how common it is to see changes made and particularly and oddly (well not that oddly when you think about it, if not very familiar with property you could easily think Etheria was a typ-o for Eternia a make a change you think is for the better!) this one is.
    Last edited by guardianmonkey; March 25, 2015 at 01:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    Scott chimed in on another thread and said "somebody else" must have changed the Etheria references to Eternia. According to Scott, it could've even been Chinese workers, not-as-fluent in English as himself ...
    LOLWUT Seriously...that's the funniest thing I've heard in weeks. Maybe the Chinese workers are responsible for all the past bio mistakes, too.

Glad to see that Angella's height isn't the issue. Glimmer is just an Amazon.
    Last edited by Slayor; March 25, 2015 at 01:31pm.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    6 years on, and grammar/spelling/editing on the bios are STILL things that are, apparently, impossible to master.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Nice review! Does anyone know what flight stand Dan was using?

and then ...

Well, then I guess those Chinese guys must have logged with Scott's ID at matty collector & answered in the Ask Matty section as well ! How dare they ??

Based on his words, everything in MOTUC should have been Eternia based ! Wait, haven't we had Club "etheria" sub ? I don't remember....... was that called Faketernia SUB ??
    Last edited by TUC138; March 25, 2015 at 02:41pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Angella is stunning. It just reinforces the fact poor frosta needs a do over. I mean look at scorpia, entrapta, glimmer, castaspella, catra, sweet bee, mermista, spinnerella, peekablue, flutterina. Frosta just looks like the ugly stepsister. And it wouldn't take much just use the pre existing body from neck down just add a nice bright white paint, cast castaspella's blast effect in light blue and give her a brand new head and hair sculpt and we are set. I just don't know how the old girl could have gone so wrong
    Matty please expand the new Filmation toyline and please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    Another beautiful figure! I can't wait for her. The only problem with her is that it makes me more disappointed in how the Sorceress' wings turned out.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, and Mulletor.

Great Review, thank you!

I also have to thank you for confirming my theory that the height issue isn΄t a thing with Angella but Glimmer, she is "to" tall.

And i looked it up, yes sometimes Glimmer has been shown as smaller as Angella but at other times they are the same height in the same episode. here two examples from the episode "Micah of Brightmoon" :

and than

*Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    And i looked it up, yes sometimes Glimmer has been shown as smaller as Angella but at other times they are the same height in the same episode. here two examples from the episode "Micah of Brightmoon"
    This was because of the camera angle.

Another great review! I'm looking forward to getting Queen Angella soon and it looks like she turned out great. I don't mind that Glimmer is taller than her, though. Most kids end up being taller than their parents. The way I see it in MOTUC, Glimmer's amazonian appearance helped her stand out and become the leader of the Great Rebellion.

If anything, I'm only slightly bothered that Glimmer turned out taller than She-Ra but it's not really a big deal. I like seeing these minor variations in height rather than all the girls being the same size.
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

That is one hot ****!!!!

Scott's explanation makes sense and I see no reason to question it honestly.

Great review Dan, shame about the skirt hindering the seated position just a bit but otherwise a solid figure.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it was mentioned that the detail on the lower part of her leotard is also from her Vintage figure:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Angella is stunning. It just reinforces the fact poor frosta needs a do over. I mean look at scorpia, entrapta, glimmer, castaspella, catra, sweet bee, mermista, spinnerella, peekablue, flutterina. Frosta just looks like the ugly stepsister. And it wouldn't take much just use the pre existing body from neck down just add a nice bright white paint, cast castaspella's blast effect in light blue and give her a brand new head and hair sculpt and we are set. I just don't know how the old girl could have gone so wrong
    Frosta ain't the only one anymore. Poor Glimmer has joined the "do over" club. She's the youngest and she's too tall...taller than her mom AND She-Ra.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

She really turned out quite nice! I've been looking forward to her! Thank you for another great review PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Well, then I guess those Chinese guys must have logged with Scott's ID at matty collector & answered in the Ask Matty section as well ! How dare they ??

Based on his words, everything in MOTUC should have been Eternia based ! Wait, haven't we had Club "etheria" sub ? I don't remember....... was that called Faketernia SUB ??
    Scott may have tried his best to keep obvious spelling errors at bay... but frankly he was one of the worst spellers and grammatical self-annihilators ever!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!