Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mara Discussion Thread

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Can't really - using the MYP definition of "the Masters" as "the team led by He-Man/M@A" as they apparently are, the only female Master is Teela (varianted this year already), and there are no female GGs/GPs available to them at all. As a result, the only way there could be such an overlap was if the Q4 variant turned out to be NA He-Man...
    I'm fairly sure you're right, but what I meant by that disclaimer was that should one of the 4th Q. figures turn out to be Sorceress or Mara, that would mean there was overlap between the three facts. (I suppose it depends on if you consider the Sorceress as part of the Masters.)

But I don't think it will happen that way; personally I think the 4th Q. female is from POP, probably Frosta or Glimmer.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    But I don't think it will happen that way; personally I think the 4th Q. female is from POP, probably Frosta or Glimmer.
    They seem more like Q1 "buy this sub PoP fans!" figures than Q4 figures though. If, as is likely, the Q4 female is PoP, a mid-level character seems more likely (Sweet Bee?).

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I like Toga Mara better than Warrior Mara.
    Seconded, I'm surprised she isn't bald trying to swing that hairmace out. It's gotta give her split-ends like nothing else.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I like NA but i dont care if mara's made into a figure or not. It wouldnt be that exciting of an action figure

What if they tried to pull off Mara like they did Queen Marlena giving us the battle armor Mara and then a clip on robe ala Marlena's to give us both looks and then two different heads.

The Boots from cartoon are better as the prototype form.

Body or Bikini - the 4H can suprise us
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    What if they tried to pull off Mara like they did Queen Marlena giving us the battle armor Mara and then a clip on robe ala Marlena's to give us both looks and then two different heads.
    That's what I've thought. They could use Catra's pony tail for the long-hair Season 1 head.

I would love a Mara figure, especially as re-designed by the 4H!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I really think this would be an awesome idea. And Catra's ponytail would be pretty cool.

That would be an amazing idea. Hope they do it.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope not, would be an easy pass for me...

I'd doubt it only because I think TG said one NA/GP for 2011 which we know is Flipshot. He would have hinted at two NAs.
    All caught up on figures...now what

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    I'd doubt it only because I think TG said one NA/GP for 2011 which we know is Flipshot. He would have hinted at two NAs.
    The new figures now will be 2012 figures which Toy Guru has not hinted at any numbers of specific factions.

I really want Mara (both looks!) but...

...I want Drissi more!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

This could totally work. I feel she might not need the second head, use that tooling for her proto sheild. I feel Evilseed would work well this way.

Oh Mara, where art thou?

Snappy Threader
    I'm afraid Mara might take a while with the line's new direction. A few months ago I would have considered her a lock to be sooner rather than later. I wonder what backlash there would be if they announced Mara before say Glimmer or Sweet Bee? I'm thinking that Matty won't take that chance now.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I'm afraid Mara might take a while with the line's new direction. A few months ago I would have considered her a lock to be sooner rather than later. I wonder what backlash there would be if they announced Mara before say Glimmer or Sweet Bee? I'm thinking that Matty won't take that chance now.
    But on the other hand the Jetlag and NA fans would be given a big surprise gift but she isn´t that unlikley since Scott Neitlich said the concept figures are of the table for now but not the prototype and she at least had a prototype!

And i think just like Glimmer she is overdue. She was very important in Jetlags New Adventures and has been ther from episode 1 as right hand/assistant of Masters Sebrian(who totally needs to be done in MOTUC as well).
    Back than she even had a relationship with Hydron!

And this is one of my favorite pictures with her, i would love to see her made like that:

Bring on Mara - hopefully we'll get a hybrid figure like Marlena, with two costumes - the white dress and her ambassador look.

I would back Mara in MOTUC. I would prefer the Warrior Mara.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Mara should definitely be released before the end of MotUC. She is a GG/P A-lister, and even reached prototype stage in the vintage NA line. I don't care if they choose her long robes or her warrior looks (or preferably both, with some solution à la Glenn/Marlena), but she has to be released. She's the Teela of NA—no excuses not to make her.

In fact, pretty much everyone in the above ^ screenshot (Flipshot/Icarius, Hydron, Sebrian, Drissi and Mara) should be made in MotUC, since those (with the addition of a few key others such as Sagitar/Tharkus) were the mainstays of the Galactic Guardians/Protectors throughout the Jetlag cartoon (like Teela, Man-at-Arms, Orko, Sorceress, Ram Man and Stratos were for the Heroic Warriors in Filmation).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    I honestly don't want the "civilians" from the NA toon in the line, but I know a lot of people do. However, me being me, if they make it, I'm all for it and I'll find a spot on the shelf for her. Plus she had a prototype figure made, so she qualifies more than Sebrian or the Scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I honestly don't want the "civilians" from the NA toon in the line, but I know a lot of people do. However, me being me, if they make it, I'm all for it and I'll find a spot on the shelf for her. Plus she had a prototype figure made, so she qualifies more than Sebrian or the Scientists.
    Although at first she was a civilian and an assistant to Master Sebrian, by the end of the series she had risen to be a Galactic Guardian, the same as Hydron or Flipshot. That is when they were considering rendering her in figure form. As mentioned, she is NA equivalent to Teela.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I want her with both cloths.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...otosection.htm

Once I looked closely at this I could immidiatly see alot of similarites between this prototype design, and the buck development FH have recently implimented with the BattleGround Teela figure. The way in which the Legs connect to the hip joint is vitually the same in both figures, and also, if you look at the shape of the Torso, it is practically the same as Battle Ground Teela also. All that would needed to make Mara is a new top rather than a Golden Bra, Some new boots, and a new head. And 1 smaller arm bracelet.
    this the later version of mara as seen in that proto and the last half of the show is the one id love to get. strangely(?) i want the dress wearing crita

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    But on the other hand the Jetlag and NA fans would be given a big surprise gift but she isn´t that unlikley since Scott Neitlich said the concept figures are of the table for now but not the prototype and she at least had a prototype!

http://www.toysandtoons.com/catalog/...aprototype.jpg

And i think just like Glimmer she is overdue. She was very important in Jetlags New Adventures and has been ther from episode 1 as right hand/assistant of Masters Sebrian(who totally needs to be done in MOTUC as well).
    Back than she even had a relationship with Hydron!

And this is one of my favorite pictures with her, i would love to see her made like that:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs24/f/20..._yelahttam.jpg
    all of this

I´m a total prototype fan when it comes to Mara.

Her toga look reminds me on how jedi knights look so it´s not really that new or special.

Her ambassador look is better and i like the asymmetric design but the bikini version is just more interesting if you ask me. So if the FOUR HORSEMEN combine the asymmetry and the two part look i could´t be happier.

I would´t mind getting her with both looks but i want her with the new bug and as much articulation as possible.

Which would include boot swivel as well...i really don´t get why they started to cut that with the female characters?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither