Thread: Teela's Future

Hybrid View

Teela's Future

In a recent Q&A, Mattel suggested that they still have big plans for Teela past the Battleground version. Since she's one of my favorites, this got me thinking about what else they could do.

New Adventures Teela - With Catra and Marlena's ties to the Tri-Solar System, I'm more and more convinced that New Adventures will be in the not-too-distant past. That said, another blonde Teela did make an appearance in the show sporting a pink costume and has been fan-requested for years.

Sorceress Teela - I like to think that Battleground Teela wore training gear on her journey to transform into the new Sorceress. Once she takes the role, she might sport her own bird motif... or even the MYP Egyptian style.

Queen Teela - One of the great things about the character I love is how many roles she's destined to play. As the descendant (or is it clone now?) of Veena, Teela's destiny is to not only become the Sorceress of Grayskull but also the bride of King Grayskull's heir. This takes the story full circle and it could be fun to see a royal version as Prince Adam's new queen.

Thoughts? Comments? Any other suggestions?

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    What's this about Marlena's ties to the tri solar system? Last I checked her bios haven't been revealed yet and it's pure speculation from fans who don't want her to be from Earth.
    I don't think they can do the NA Teela as it's pure cartoon and they don't have the rights.

200X Sorceress being Teela is possible I guess but I'm hoping it's still Teela'na preferably resurrected after the bs King Hiss venom deal.

No where is it stated that Teela is descended from Veena and she's most likely and hopefully not as Adam is descended from Grayskull thus they would be related.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Astronaut Marlena has been referred to as Galactic Guardian space suit which would link her to He-Man's pals in the Tri-Solar system.

I'm making the assumption that since the Sorceress cloned herself to create Teela, Veena originally had done the same.

I've really spent some time thinking about He-Man's love life lately and it dawns on me - if Teela is destined to be the Sorceress then chances are she will not marry He-Man and become queen of Eternia. If she is the sorceress of Grayskull then she cannot/will not leave the castle. Though our exposure to the history of the women who have carried the mantle of Sorceress is limited, as far as we know, no Sorceress has ever juggled being married and being Sorceress. The one we all know and love actually gave up her child Teela to Duncan for her responsibilities as Sorceress. Veena was the first Sorceress but that wasn't until Grayskull had died and since there was the Council of Elders she no longer needed to be queen if she even held that title.

It's like how Wonder Woman will probably not end up with Superman due to her responsiblities as the eventual Queen of the Amazons and his love of a mortal woman.

I know everyone has their own version of MOTU and a majority of people, once including myself, picture Teela eventually marrying He-Man but after thinking about this for a long time I've come to my own conclusion that Teela's destiny with He-Man is just like her mother's and not as He-Man's wife.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I've really spent some time thinking about He-Man's love life lately and it dawns on me - if Teela is destined to be the Sorceress then chances are she will not marry He-Man and become queen of Eternia. If she is the sorceress of Grayskull then she cannot/will not leave the castle. Though our exposure to the history of the women who have carried the mantle of Sorceress is limited, as far as we know, no Sorceress has ever juggled being married and being Sorceress. The one we all know and love actually gave up her child Teela to Duncan for her responsibilities as Sorceress. Veena was the first Sorceress but that wasn't until Grayskull had died and since there was the Council of Elders she no longer needed to be queen if she even held that title.

It's like how Wonder Woman will probably not end up with Superman due to her responsiblities as the eventual Queen of the Amazons and his love of a mortal woman.

I know everyone has their own version of MOTU and a majority of people, once including myself, picture Teela eventually marrying He-Man but after thinking about this for a long time I've come to my own conclusion that Teela's destiny with He-Man is just like her mother's and not as He-Man's wife.

I think more than likely history will repeat itself and He-man and Teela will get together to make an offspring who will take either the reins as the new sorceress or new hero of Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I think more than likely history will repeat itself and He-man and Teela will get together to make an offspring who will take either the reins as the new sorceress or new hero of Eternia
    I think you are right. My thought is will they stay together or will one rule Eternia and the other stay in Grayskull separating the two. They may have children but they may never be together.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post

I agree. I feel like theirs is a doomed romance, and that the Sorceress role calles for a solitary life. I think it is more dramatic that way. Lol. King He-man could either raise Dare as a single father, or maybe he finally gets together with Frosta! Either way, I think He-man and Teela would always have that special connection.
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

Quote Originally Posted by colgate20one View Post
    Astronaut Marlena has been referred to as Galactic Guardian space suit which would link her to He-Man's pals in the Tri-Solar system.

I'm making the assumption that since the Sorceress cloned herself to create Teela, Veena originally had done the same.
    Galactic Guardian?? Where is this from? In MOTUC they are the Galactic Protectors since the former name is unavailable.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Oops, mis-named them...

And I'm the hopeless romantic. Maybe after the Final Battleground, Teela can lock up the castle and live happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by colgate20one View Post
    Oops, mis-named them...

And I'm the hopeless romantic. Maybe after the Final Battleground, Teela can lock up the castle and live happily ever after.
    Just wondering because if Galactic Guardians was used it was likely from a fan, not from Mattel. Not trying to be a douche
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.