Thread: Teela's Future

Teela's Future

In a recent Q&A, Mattel suggested that they still have big plans for Teela past the Battleground version. Since she's one of my favorites, this got me thinking about what else they could do.

New Adventures Teela - With Catra and Marlena's ties to the Tri-Solar System, I'm more and more convinced that New Adventures will be in the not-too-distant past. That said, another blonde Teela did make an appearance in the show sporting a pink costume and has been fan-requested for years.

Sorceress Teela - I like to think that Battleground Teela wore training gear on her journey to transform into the new Sorceress. Once she takes the role, she might sport her own bird motif... or even the MYP Egyptian style.

Queen Teela - One of the great things about the character I love is how many roles she's destined to play. As the descendant (or is it clone now?) of Veena, Teela's destiny is to not only become the Sorceress of Grayskull but also the bride of King Grayskull's heir. This takes the story full circle and it could be fun to see a royal version as Prince Adam's new queen.

Thoughts? Comments? Any other suggestions?

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    What's this about Marlena's ties to the tri solar system? Last I checked her bios haven't been revealed yet and it's pure speculation from fans who don't want her to be from Earth.
    I don't think they can do the NA Teela as it's pure cartoon and they don't have the rights.

200X Sorceress being Teela is possible I guess but I'm hoping it's still Teela'na preferably resurrected after the bs King Hiss venom deal.

No where is it stated that Teela is descended from Veena and she's most likely and hopefully not as Adam is descended from Grayskull thus they would be related.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Astronaut Marlena has been referred to as Galactic Guardian space suit which would link her to He-Man's pals in the Tri-Solar system.

I'm making the assumption that since the Sorceress cloned herself to create Teela, Veena originally had done the same.

I've really spent some time thinking about He-Man's love life lately and it dawns on me - if Teela is destined to be the Sorceress then chances are she will not marry He-Man and become queen of Eternia. If she is the sorceress of Grayskull then she cannot/will not leave the castle. Though our exposure to the history of the women who have carried the mantle of Sorceress is limited, as far as we know, no Sorceress has ever juggled being married and being Sorceress. The one we all know and love actually gave up her child Teela to Duncan for her responsibilities as Sorceress. Veena was the first Sorceress but that wasn't until Grayskull had died and since there was the Council of Elders she no longer needed to be queen if she even held that title.

It's like how Wonder Woman will probably not end up with Superman due to her responsiblities as the eventual Queen of the Amazons and his love of a mortal woman.

I know everyone has their own version of MOTU and a majority of people, once including myself, picture Teela eventually marrying He-Man but after thinking about this for a long time I've come to my own conclusion that Teela's destiny with He-Man is just like her mother's and not as He-Man's wife.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by colgate20one View Post
    Astronaut Marlena has been referred to as Galactic Guardian space suit which would link her to He-Man's pals in the Tri-Solar system.

I'm making the assumption that since the Sorceress cloned herself to create Teela, Veena originally had done the same.
    Galactic Guardian?? Where is this from? In MOTUC they are the Galactic Protectors since the former name is unavailable.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Oops, mis-named them...

And I'm the hopeless romantic. Maybe after the Final Battleground, Teela can lock up the castle and live happily ever after.

Oops, mis-named them...

And I'm the hopeless romantic. Maybe after the Final Battleground, Teela can lock up the castle and live happily ever after.
    Just wondering because if Galactic Guardians was used it was likely from a fan, not from Mattel. Not trying to be a douche
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Also, the Sorceress didn't clone herself. Skeletor cloned her. Just saying.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Totally mis-read that too... she's been called a "Heroic Galactic Adventurer" which could still mean she's from Earth. I just read it that she's with the Galactic Protector. My bad!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/..._SDCC-Products

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    All good. With these new bios, anything is possible, so wonder is running rampant.

Going forward, I could totally see Teela marrying He-Man and being the new Sorceress, and them releasing 200X Sorceress as such. And as others have said, we don't know for certain if the Sorceress dies for sure... though it's likely.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Curious if the He-Man/Adam with Teela relationship has ever actually been mentioned in official MOTU lore? Did the original mini-comics imply they had a relationship/attraction? I've never really seen this in the media I've viewed lately but people keep refering to them as a destined couple.

I think the only time he outright flirted with her was in Filmation when he carried her, as He-Man, into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    Curious if the He-Man/Adam with Teela relationship has ever actually been mentioned in official MOTU lore? Did the original mini-comics imply they had a relationship/attraction? I've never really seen this in the media I've viewed lately but people keep refering to them as a destined couple.
    Mini-comics:
    "King of Castle Grayskull"
    - Last page we see He-Man ride with Teela away from Grayskull, which can be interpreted as them being destined to be together (in that "hero gets the girl" style).

"The Terror of Tri-Klops"
    - Ram-Man leaves He-Man alone with Teela because he gets the sense that they would rather be just the two of them. He-Man openly compliments Teela, who responds in kind.

----

Filmation Cartoon:
    "The Diamond Ray of Disappearance"
    - First scene where Teela interacts with He-Man, you can hear in her voice that she likes him, when she mentions his name.

"Song of Celice"
    - Teela is definitely not pleased when Celice is showcasing her talents to impress Adam.

"The Dragon's Gift"
    - When King wonders where Adam is, Teela theorizes about Adam entertaining some other woman, and she sounds not to like that thought. So you could read some feelings from that..

"Pawns of the Game Master"
    - As a spy of the Game Master's is leering over He-Man and Teela. Teela mentions that He-Man means a great deal to her, and she'd miss him if he would leave Eternia. He-Man replies back that Teela means a lot to him too.

- At Castle Grayskull by end of episode, He-Man directly asks Teela, which type of a man she would prefer, someone like him, or someone like Adam. To which she replies, she'd like a man with Adam's wit and He-Man's courage, and wonders where she'd find a man like that. He-Man turns to the Sorceress, who winks at him, and he winks back. So even the Sorceress sees that her daughter would be destined to be with Adam/He-Man.

"The Problem With Power"
    - He-Man shows he was worried for Teela, when he thinks she's dead. And even when Teela points out that she is fine, he insists on carrying her to which she doesn't mind.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    There are at least two occasions that hint of Teela's attraction to He-Man in MYP as well:

"The Beginning Part 3"
    When He-Man saves Teela from the huge magmatite meteor, she's attracted to him when he helps her up. And then Orko breaks up any further interaction.

"The Courage of Adam"
    Teela keeps ragging on Adam for leaving the battle in The Beginning Part 2. Adam wants to step up in battle specifically because of what Randor and Teela think of him. The way this episode presents it, this read as platonic moreso than to impress a girl.

"The Deep End"
    He-Man absorbs the power of the Corodite Crystal and it explodes leaving a figure packed in dirt or stone where He-Man once stood. The other Masters think he's dead until He-Man breaks free. Teela is so overjoyed that she runs over to hug him and then afterward tries to regain her normal cool composure.

I'd think that while Teela is presented as Adam's best friend, she could be seen as Adam's de facto girlfriend in MYP, only that there's no consumation or obvious romantic overtones.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Found this on http://www.nuevadominion.com/eternia/foro/viewtopic.php?t=1181

Something similar would be perfect for Sorceress Teela

credit to gbagok for the above image
    Last edited by danielsan52; May 10, 2011 at 12:00pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

That looks great. I always loved the Egyptian look of the Sorceress in the in the 200x series and that version of Teela would be awesome.

I still don't think she'd marry He-Man as the Sorceress but hey, she could turn into human Teela, comsumate the relationship with He-Man, have twins, a boy and a girl, turn back into the Sorceress, give the kids to He-Man to raise as a single dad and return to Grayskull for her duties as the Sorceress.
    He can always ask a retired Duncan for advice as a single parent.
    Until now.

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I like to think she takes on the role of the Sorceress and Queen and that they both move into CG as it was KG's original throne of power. They just clean it up and use the old palace as the meeting house for Randor's Grand Council. They have a son who takes over guard duty of the universe and everything else.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think there has to be some tragedy in Teela and He-man. I don't see a complete happy ending that we might expect.

The Sorceress gave up raising Teela (Clone or not) and she did not settle with anyone. I don't think Teela or He-man/Prince Adam end up together. I think the title of the Sorceress keeps Teela away from He-man.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

That's what I think. You only have to look no further than the Sorceress and well, in my mind Duncan is Teela's father but we'll just say Teela's father. The 2 of them could never be together because of her duties as the Sorceress. It makes sense that the same thing will happen to Teela and He-Man.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; May 11, 2011 at 06:17pm. Reason: grammar
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I've really spent some time thinking about He-Man's love life lately and it dawns on me - if Teela is destined to be the Sorceress then chances are she will not marry He-Man and become queen of Eternia. If she is the sorceress of Grayskull then she cannot/will not leave the castle. Though our exposure to the history of the women who have carried the mantle of Sorceress is limited, as far as we know, no Sorceress has ever juggled being married and being Sorceress. The one we all know and love actually gave up her child Teela to Duncan for her responsibilities as Sorceress. Veena was the first Sorceress but that wasn't until Grayskull had died and since there was the Council of Elders she no longer needed to be queen if she even held that title.

It's like how Wonder Woman will probably not end up with Superman due to her responsiblities as the eventual Queen of the Amazons and his love of a mortal woman.

I know everyone has their own version of MOTU and a majority of people, once including myself, picture Teela eventually marrying He-Man but after thinking about this for a long time I've come to my own conclusion that Teela's destiny with He-Man is just like her mother's and not as He-Man's wife.

I think more than likely history will repeat itself and He-man and Teela will get together to make an offspring who will take either the reins as the new sorceress or new hero of Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I think more than likely history will repeat itself and He-man and Teela will get together to make an offspring who will take either the reins as the new sorceress or new hero of Eternia
    I think you are right. My thought is will they stay together or will one rule Eternia and the other stay in Grayskull separating the two. They may have children but they may never be together.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post

I agree. I feel like theirs is a doomed romance, and that the Sorceress role calles for a solitary life. I think it is more dramatic that way. Lol. King He-man could either raise Dare as a single father, or maybe he finally gets together with Frosta! Either way, I think He-man and Teela would always have that special connection.
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.