Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we get all the New Adventure characters?

Will we get all the New Adventure characters?

I am starting to get nervous about New Adventures. I know it is not the most popular branch of MOTU, but I feel it deserves to be represented just as evenly as the others. I was and still am a fan of New Adventures, and really hope to see all the figures in the MOTUC line.
    Good Journey

2016 at this rate

I think NA has been handled poorly, from 2010 there should have been at a min 2 NA figures. That is not asking so much now that we are getting our 3rd freaking Teela variant in as many years

Optikk is lonely Mattel!!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

A big fan of Slush Head
    I really hope so. I can't beleive we only have one fig from this era.
    We need at least two NA figures a year. That's not asking for too much, now is it?
    Last edited by Mike Bock; May 10, 2011 at 04:13pm.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I agree. Especially if they get the rights to the Jetlag cartoon, then we will have more characters, such as Sebrian, the Scientists, Krita etc..
    Good Journey

Heroic Warrior
    Before I read any further, I'm going to say it's highly unlikely we will get them all. I'm just hoping for at least a few. There isn't much love out there for NA. Everyone wants POP and vintage MOTU.
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringalicious View Post
    Before I read any further, I'm going to say it's highly unlikely we will get them all. I'm just hoping for at least a few. There isn't much love out there for NA. Everyone wants POP and vintage MOTU.
    I think there is more love out there for NA then people want to admit, it will just take the 4H to make the darn figures for it to happen.

I see a lot of changed hearts (ala Bow from POP) if we can ever get to an NA figure release

The character designs for the most part are just too cool, I mean I cannot see a world where Sagitar, Slushhead, or Flipshot do not go over well
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

I see a lot of changed hearts (ala Bow from POP) if we can ever get to an NA figure release
    Yup I can see that happening too. They just need a chance to shine.

If we don't get them all, the line will feel incomplete to me.
    Good Journey

Quote Originally Posted by JRLTML View Post
    If we don't get them all, the line will feel incomplete to me.
    Well and if we are being honest there are not THAT many figures, if you go by just what was released in comparison to Vintage MOTU

There are roughly 27-30 NA figures (with 4-8 of those being variants)

I already have like 40+ MOTUC figures of which 95% is vintage MOTU

A big fan of Slush Head
    I hope they make Sagitar in 2012 as a quarterly beast and NA He-Man as a quarterly variant.
    Last edited by Mike Bock; May 10, 2011 at 04:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I hope they make Sagitar in 2012 as a quarterly beast and NA He-Man as a quarterly variant.
    That is one of my hopes, I think he would look great up against Gygor

A big fan of Slush Head
    That is one of my hopes, I think he would look great up against Gygor
    That'd be badass!!

Heroic Warrior
    The way this line has been handled, I doubt that we'll see all the NA characters. Although I don't care that much for the human characters (none of them were very unique to me), it would be a shame not to see them in MotUC form. But, we better see Slushhead before this line ends, and sooner than later. If they get the Jetlag rights, we better see Mara and Crita, too.

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    The way this line has been handled, I doubt that we'll see all the NA characters. Although I don't care that much for the human characters (none of them were very unique to me), it would be a shame not to see them in MotUC form. But, we better see Slushhead before this line ends, and sooner than later. If they get the Jetlag rights, we better see Mara and Crita, too.
    Yeah if they are going to skimp on them I would at least like to see the core of each group released

-Flogg, Slushhead, Butthead, Hoove, Quake and Staghorn
    -Flipshot, Hydron, Sagitar, Tuskador, Spinwit

As well as the core NA He-man and Skeletor and their variant Thunderpunch and Battle Blade (or Discs of Doom)

And the unreleased Mara and Darius

If I got those 16-18 figures I would be satisfied at the end of the line

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    TG said after NYTF 2011 that they'd have all the previous-toy characters done by the end of 2016 "except a few of the human New Adventures characters". I think that says everything you need to know about the priority level of the NA characters (and to get to that point, they only need two/three a year).

Of course, if they DO get Filmation rights, the chances of all the NA toy-characters being done by the end of 2017 are nil!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    TG said after NYTF 2011 that they'd have all the previous-toy characters done by the end of 2016 "except a few of the human New Adventures characters". I think that says everything you need to know about the priority level of the NA characters (and to get to that point, they only need two/three a year).

Of course, if they DO get Filmation rights, the chances of all the NA toy-characters being done by the end of 2017 are nil!
    Well you just like to **** all over peoples hopes now don't you

I think if they get the Filmation rights they could possibly move to 3 figs a month, monthly figure (vintage/pop/na), variant, and filmation. There is enough characters in the Filmation/Jetlag license to power its own subscription for years

I hope that we do get all of the figures made by 2017.

At this point in time, I'm way more interested in getting figures that have only seen 1 toy release or no release at all than those that have been blessed with 2 or more incarnations already.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I think if they get the Filmation rights they could possibly move to 3 figs a month, monthly figure (vintage/pop/na), variant, and filmation. There is enough characters in the Filmation/Jetlag license to power its own subscription for years
    I don't think there's the money in the fanbase for three figures a month. Sure, there's enough characters - even a fair number of popular characters - but what are the odds on everyone being able to afford $60+ a month, every month, PLUS shipping?!

I dont see us ever getting all of them. I think they do need their moment to shine but it just hasnt been given to them. I'm sure we will get a decent amount of them but no way will we see them all. I'm not entirely convinced we will see all of the POP girls.

Will we get them all? Possibly not.

I think TWO per year is perfectly fair, and it's what most of us predicted after Optikk did well last year. It's really surprising that we haven't seen anything else since then.

The mutants will reign supreme in popularity from this subgenre. I hope we get SLUSHHEAD, FLOGG, and LIZORR before too long. I would also love to get FLIPSHOT, and really hope that MARA eventually becomes available.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I don't think there's the money in the fanbase for three figures a month. Sure, there's enough characters - even a fair number of popular characters - but what are the odds on everyone being able to afford $60+ a month, every month, PLUS shipping?!
    I agree, but they are pretty much pushing us there anyway aren't they?

If it was an all in sub we would be paying $40-75 a month if things like the weapons rack and beasts became standard

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like this year has been pretty POP/Horde-centric. Maybe 2012 will be more NA-centric.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I want them all, but if that doesn't happen, I at least want the following:

- NA He-Man
    - NA Skeletor
    - Battle Blade Skeletor (my absolute favourite Skeletor figure)
    - Staghorn
    - Sagitar
    - Slush Head
    - Flogg
    - Hydron
    - Flipshot
    - Mara
    - Mini-comics Sorceress

IF we don't get them all, I think that would be a pretty good haul right there.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 10, 2011 at 05:29pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    From what I remember (and I remember that part very clearly), at the beginning of the MOTUC line, Toyguru had implied that all of the Galactic Protectors wouldn't be released.

But things may have changed since then... Honestly, I'll be more than happy if we can at least get all of the classic 80's vintage figures.

I must say I'm not overwhelmed by NA figures for this simple reason : many of the NA figures may reuse the bad Hssss or Bow crotch (you know, the one that prevents leg movement ?). It doesn't matter what is the next figure released with that horrible crotch... I'll pass ! I hope Mattel gets the message. I'm fed up paying crazy amounts of money for inferior figures. Make great figures, or don't make any at all ! That's what I feel.

I would love to get them all but to be honnest.... I think we will only see the Main Characters in MOTUC....