Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we get all the New Adventure characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    From what I remember (and I remember that part very clearly), at the beginning of the MOTUC line, Toyguru had implied that all of the Galactic Protectors wouldn't be released.
    I don't think he said they wouldn't be released, just some of the human ones wouldn't be out until 2017 (i.e. Vizar, Nocturna) but to be honest, if we can get a few mutants and the core GG in the next few years, I'm prepared to wait for those 2 basic characters!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I want them all, but if that doesn't happen, I at least want the following:

- NA He-Man
    - NA Skeletor
    - Battle Blade Skeletor (my absolute favourite Skeletor figure)
    - Staghorn
    - Sagitar
    - Slush Head
    - Flogg
    - Hydron
    - Flipshot
    - Mara

IF we don't get them all, I think that would be a pretty good haul right there.
    I agree with most of that list. SAGITAR would make a great quarterly variant! But I really think we might see NA SORCERESS, eventually. Don't ever think she's completely dead. Through the NA story... and with that space variant, that is how she will re-emerge!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I agree, but they are pretty much pushing us there anyway aren't they?

If it was an all in sub we would be paying $40-75 a month if things like the weapons rack and beasts became standard
    Well, a 2011 sub is $450+shipping ($20Χ16+$30Χ3+$40), 1⅔ figures a month on average. Taking that up to three figures a month would be another 16 figures a year, meaning AT LEAST an additional $320+shipping (based all sixteen being $20. If four more of them were beasts, add at least an extra $40-60 on top of that).

And I doubt they'd stop the weapons paks/vehicles to go with those...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I agree with most of that list. SAGITAR would make a great quarterly variant! But I really think we might see NA SORCERESS, eventually. Don't ever think she's completely dead. Through the NA story... and with that space variant, that is how she will re-emerge!
    Oh yeah...she looks different in the mini comic! Must add her to list!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

NA has been poorly handled so far. We should have at least 3-4 figures by now.

Sadly, we have 1.

I expected an NA figure early this year too...but it looks like it's coming at the tail end. This sets me up for a lot of disappointment. Since we hardly see any NA figures at all if the next one ends up being Darius I will be really bummed. I'm all for getting Darius down the road, but he doesn't feel very fun to me when he pushes back say...Hydron another year and a half...

To be honest I would not be sad if Vizar or Nocturna were not made
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

A big fan of Slush Head
    To be honest I would not be sad if Vizar or Nocturna were not made
    LOL Me neither! Those two are the the ones that really don't fit in.
    Those are the GI Joes of NA.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Hey! Where are Kayo, Vizarr and Nocturna??

My sig has a brand new addition...
    Still in the process of adding more obscure stuff...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...alacticpan.jpg

Hey! Where are Kayo, Vizarr and Nocturna??

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../guardians.jpg

My sig has a brand new addition...
    Still in the process of adding more obscure stuff...
    See not even the cartoon felt they were valuable
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    LOL Me neither! Those two are the the ones that really don't fit in.
    Those are the GI Joes of NA.
    I have to be honest. This is the EXACT reason why I don't care for Hydron.

I played with GI Joe in the 80's, and I had both Torpedo and Wet Suit. It really bothered me that they walked around in their scuba diving gear ALL THE TIME, complete with breathing mask. In the early 90's, we bought my nephew a variant of Wet Suit in which his helmet came off, and it made all the difference in the world. His black/orange wetsuit easily doubled for a multi-purpose uniform.

Hydron walks around with his flippers on, and he looks EXACTLY like them.

Honestly, I'd take those standard issue guys like Vizar, Kayo, and Nocturna before Hydron.... at least they can go places without looking foolish! Of course, if they made Hydron's breathing tube and glass helmet removable, I would like him. His wetsuit looks adaptable without the aquatics extras...

I played with GI Joe in the 80's, and I had both Torpedo and Wet Suit. It really bothered me that they walked around in their scuba diving gear ALL THE TIME, complete with breathing mask. In the early 90's, we bought my nephew a variant of Wet Suit in which his helmet came off, and it made all the difference in the world. His black/orange websuit easily doubled for a multi-purpose uniform.

Honestly, I'd take those standard issue guys like Vizar, Kayo, and Nocturna before Hydron.... at least they can go places without looking foolish!
    I would agree except character wise he was much more important to the story

I don't know if we WILL get them all, but I certainly WANT them all. I think characters like Rokkon, Stonedar, Captain Glenn, Jewelstar, Quakke, Sagitar, Snout Spout, Rio Blast, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, and Saurod... once you get them all out in MOTUC on the shelves mixed amongst each other, they are going to integrate into one cohesive line rather well, I think. So I hope folks aren't worrying about NA not looking right in the line... once Mattel has the Four Horsemen bust 'em out, fans are going to be won over just like they were with Bow. I do agree though, that by now we should have a couple of Galactic Protectors and more than just Optikk for the mutants. I'm happy that PoP is gaining some MOTUC shelf space, we have some core characters from MYP released, and more than a few prototype/concept characters... but yes- NA is severely underrepresented in the line so far Hopefully this summer's Captain Glenn is a push towards more NA-goodness being released, to help bridge the MOTUC gap into the world of all things spacey!

I played with GI Joe in the 80's, and I had both Torpedo and Wet Suit. It really bothered me that they walked around in their scuba diving gear ALL THE TIME, complete with breathing mask. In the early 90's, we bought my nephew a variant of Wet Suit in which his helmet came off, and it made all the difference in the world. His black/orange wetsuit easily doubled for a multi-purpose uniform.

Honestly, I'd take those standard issue guys like Vizar, Kayo, and Nocturna before Hydron.... at least they can go places without looking foolish! Of course, if they made Hydron's breathing tube and glass helmet removable, I would like him. His wetsuit looks adaptable without the aquatics extras...
    So you're hoping for an unmasked head?

Yeah, I've been wondering if they have held off on NA until the storyline they are trying to tell tilts in the direction of space.

I wouldn't worry too much about NA not looking right. Optikk fits in just fine.

It would be the difference between my liking the character and HATING him. Seriously. /

MGM, do you think they would do it? How often, if ever, did he appear without all that crap on his head?
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; May 10, 2011 at 06:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, I've been wondering if they have held off on NA until the storyline they are trying to tell tilts in the direction of space.

I wouldn't worry too much about NA not looking right. Optikk fits in just fine.
    Yeah I think something along the same lines because Catra's home planet is related to NA now isnt it? And Marlena is a space person

So maybe we have moved on from Preternia tales which dominated the end and beginning of this year

I want masked and unmasked heads!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Slushhead and Flogg would be kind of neat. Quakke too.

And Crita, she's awesome. And that bikini outfit from the end of the series could reuse some BG Teela parts.....

well maybe.

But she wears little and is purple, what's not to love?

Yeah I think something along the same lines because Catra's home planet is related to NA now isnt it? And Marlena is a space person

So maybe we have moved on from Preternia tales which dominated the end and beginning of this year
    I'm really hoping so. I don't care that much about Preternia. It's okay, but I like what's happening in the present.

After Megator, who is left? Veena, the Oracle, and the Archer woman... that's it, right?

I'm really hoping so. I don't care that much about Preternia. After Megator, who is left? Veena, the Oracle, and the Archer woman... that's it, right?
    Eldor and Binatops I think are the only 2 big things left from that line

Oh and Oo-Lar

Eldor and Binatops I think are the only 2 big things left from that line

Oh and Oo-Lar
    All good characters. I really like OO-LAR. I'm not sure what they would do with Eldor, unless they advance He-Ro's story to include the alter ego Gray. But it seems they've moved away from that...

All good characters. I really like OO-LAR. I'm not sure what they would do with Eldor, unless they advance He-Ro's story to include the alter ego Gray. But it seems they've moved away from that...
    I can see Eldor being shoehorned in solely because they originally did make him and his book.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    I'm really hoping so. I don't care that much about Preternia. After Megator, who is left? Veena, the Oracle, and the Archer woman... that's it, right?
    Depends how you count it. There were seven other members of KG's "Masters", who became the Council of Elders - but only one (a bald counterpart to Teela) got a line, so the importance of them depends on how completist you (and, indeed, Mattel) want to be.

[Of course, in saying "the Archer woman" (presumably Sharella), you're referencing a character design shown only in the far background of a painting on the box of a character released only in one country, which was not even one of the top three markets for He-Man/She-Ra stuff. That's a step or three more obscure than the Council of Elders' human forms you'd think ]

It would be the difference between my liking the character and HATING him. Seriously. /

MGM, do you think they would do it? How often, if ever, did he appear without all that crap on his head?

Hydron and Flipshot regularly appeared without their masks on. They were also unmasked in the mini-comics. The question is whether Mattel will think that unmasked NA heads are a compelling reason for inclusion. Since the original figures had unmasked heads, I'd think that the NA figures would have unmasked heads as well. They might even create a new unmasked Hydron head since he was also unmasked in the mini-comics when he was flying the Eternia.

Woah...Hydron has quite the bulge in that one groupshot you posted MGM! I guess he was excited to be there!

Anyway, that's awesome you started with NA screen shots! I was starting to do the same:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4954136...7626680001782/

I only have some form episode one so far. It was really late and my PC crashed, so I gave up.

Does anyone have a Blu-Ray drive in their PC? I'm REALLY curious to see the screen capture quality difference between a DVD in a Blu-Ray player or regular DVD player.

Hydron and Flipshot regularly appeared without their masks on. They were also unmasked in the mini-comics. The question is whether Mattel will think that unmasked NA heads are a compelling reason for inclusion. Since the original figures had unmasked heads, I'd think that the NA figures would have unmasked heads as well. They might even create a new unmasked Hydron head since he was also unmasked in the mini-comics when he was flying the Eternia.
    I haven't seen much of this series. I would definitely like Hydron if they make him an unhelmeted head. Why not just make the breathing tube and glass head removable? Would that be more trouble than a second head?