Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we get all the New Adventure characters?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm REALLY curious to see the screen capture quality difference between a DVD in a Blu-Ray player or regular DVD player.
    Should be zero unless you're planning be silly and do it by photographing your screen. Bits are bits.

If you're planning to do the sensible thing and capture direct from DVD, then DO NOT UPSCALE YOUR SCREENCAPS, and disable any auto-upscaling of screencaps! At most, fix the aspect ratio (an early-90s series will be 4:3, so NTSC screencaps should be resized to 640×480 and PAL screencaps to 768×576. No larger - upscaling screencaps makes them blurrier and wastes bandwidth for no improvement.)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Should be zero unless you're planning be silly and do it by photographing your screen. Bits are bits.

If you're planning to do the sensible thing and capture direct from DVD, then DO NOT UPSCALE YOUR SCREENCAPS, and disable any auto-upscaling of screencaps! At most, fix the aspect ratio (an early-90s series will be 4:3, so NTSC screencaps should be resized to 640×480 and PAL screencaps to 768×576. No larger - upscaling screencaps makes them blurrier and wastes bandwidth for no improvement.)
    I don't know about any of that, Reboot. I just pop my DVD in and do screen captures by hitting "print screen" and pasting them in paint. Then I crop, save and upload. How do you do it directly from the DVD and why not upscale?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I don't know about any of that, Reboot. I just pop my DVD in and do screen captures by hitting "print screen" and pasting them in paint. Then I crop, save and upload. How do you do it directly from the DVD and why not upscale?
    You don't want to do that, its not taking native screenshots.

A lot of dvd player software can take a screenshot as can VLC Media Player
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I haven't seen much of this series. I would definitely like Hydron if they make him an unhelmeted head. Why not just make the breathing tube and glass head removable? Would that be more trouble than a second head?
    They probably will, if Queen Marlena is of any indication. In the mini-comics, Hydron was seen unmasked with his scuba glass on, as well as masked with the glass on like the toy.

NA Mini-comics Link

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You don't want to do that, its not taking native screenshots.

A lot of dvd player software can take a screenshot as can VLC Media Player
    I'm using VLC Media Player now. Snow Leopard is screencap proof...for now.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 10, 2011 at 07:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'd li,e to bet to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    They probably will, if Queen Marlena is of any indication. In the mini-comics, Hydron was seen unmasked with his scuba glass on, as well as masked with the glass on like the toy.

NA Mini-comics Link

I'm using VLC Media Player now. Snow Leopard is screencap proof...for now.
    If you are using Mac OS X track down Yade X, I can send it to you if you can't find it

It opens DVDs and allows you to take screenshots from the VOB/Title directly
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Thanks Mark!

I liked the episode Mutiny on the Mothership, where the new Mutants (Staghorn, Quake and Butthead; Optikk betrays Flogg and joins with Staghorn) mutiny against the old Mutants (Skeletor, Flogg, Slushhead and Crita).

A pity there was never a Top 10 NA episode DVD set.

I wonder is there an NA styleguide? Some of the cartoons designs are light years better than the actual toys--like the Mutants pictured above, Artilla and Sagitar's helmet.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I decided to free Sagitar from his MIB prison

Oh no Shadow Beast has showed up

Sagitar raids the MOTUC Armory

I'm Awesome Sauce! Grange Wallis's Avatar
    I just hope we get accurate hair on He-Man and not just a recast of the current Head/hair sculpt.
    Being a kid in the 80's scarred my life! In an awesome way! so many fantastic cartoons and toylines!!!
    Follow my art & Animations @ my blog! http://grangewallis.wordpress.com/

We'll get all the main toy produced characters. Varients? Cartoon only characters? I wouldnt get my hopes up. But I bet we get all the toy updates.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I like them. If this line is truly planned out 'til 2012, I imagine they're going to have to dip into the NA bag quite a bit. With NA He-Man and Skelly being probable "a-list variants" as well as Sagitarr being a quarterly variant, i see those being mixed with a couple monthly figures and then NA could catch up real quick. We know that some galactic guardian is right around the corner.

As I said in the poll thread about NA, it really needs a lot more representation, at least all the primary NA characters needs to be released. I'm expecting next years quarterly variant He-man and Skeletor to be the NA versions.

With the Kedor blade fiasco, I'm concerned that we won't get the redesigned power sword and Havoc Staff from NA.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Heres my take on it, we wont get all the human characters from the galactic protectors by the end of 2016, maybe not even by the end of 2017, and I feel that the varients from this line will take a side show to the rest of the main characters. I count 11 GP with Darius and Mara (sagitar as beast figure), and 10 with Crystolar for the Mutants(not includign optikk) thats 22. Alot of characters to cover lets just hope that the line continues after after 2017. I feel the line wouldnt be complete though if we dont get all the figures from NA. I feel the mutants would have to be completed though, all their characters are great.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    If you are using Mac OS X track down Yade X, I can send it to you if you can't find it

It opens DVDs and allows you to take screenshots from the VOB/Title directly
    Is Yade X better than VLC Media Player for screen caps? Does it work with Windows? Anyway, I downloaded VLC. Works nice...and is SO much easier and better than what I was doing!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm really getting antsy for more N/A. i love to see the improved motuc of the figures. its time i feel for more n/a.

going back to the original question, i personally don't care for NA - so i'm not really bothered about seeing anymore of them ...

but - i do appreciate that there are a lot of NA fans out there, and it's a little concerning that we have only seen 1 NA character so far ... if the SDCC 12 reveals don't reveal any NA characters, then i would be worried if i was an NA fan ...

i still think mattel will get to all the characters eventually, but i would have thought they would have rolled more NA characters out by now - if only to spread the different era's out a bit ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I hope they will make all of them and see what improvements they could get So finally they will gain their successful.

But we're getting NA Catra from the Tri Star System this month to keep Optikk company in our collections. just kidding!

Some potentially comforting thoughts: -- Given their love for unrealized prototype concepts, you know they're just itching to bring us Darius sooner than later, and the 4H favorite, Slush Head, hasn't been realized yet in MOTUC form.

Is Yade X better than VLC Media Player for screen caps? Does it work with Windows? Anyway, I downloaded VLC. Works nice...and is SO much easier and better than what I was doing!
    YadeX is a Mac OS X decrypting program for DVD's, it only works on Mac OS X

However if you are using VLC it should do similar to Yade X by saving it in more proper size than what you were doing (Yade X will save it in whatever it was encoded at, VLC will do a industry standard size). Saving it as a PNG then convert it to a JPG, it is higher quality that way since VLC will add compression if you default save it as a JPG

Also consult this for more tips http://screenmusings.org/12tipsforHQcaps.htm

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing Optikk, I instantly wanted more NA figures. PoG needs a break, it`s time for NA!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I decided to free Sagitar from his MIB prison
    WOW! Ok thats a awesome figure! He was never released in Aus so I never actually saw him. He looks to have the same amazing quality all the Vehicles/boxed accessories/playsets had in NA (While I love the designs, I always hated how cheap looking the figures all were -also the awful quality Plastics used)

I sold all the Figures on ebay 5 years ago, but kept all the vehicles etc, they are superb!

I would love a Sagitar...but I bet hes up there with Spinnerella in the rare stakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    After seeing Optikk, I instantly wanted more NA figures. PoG needs a break, it`s time for NA!
    Could not agree more!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; May 11, 2011 at 09:07am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Eldor and Binatops I think are the only 2 big things left from that line

Oh and Oo-Lar
    Actually - in the MOTUC story they've developed Oo-Lar is contemporary with Keldor and Randor, placing him about 5000 years away from Pre-ternia.
    (and most likely making him the 'He-man' right before Adam)

I'd love to see all the NA characters in MOTUC, though I'd agree with some previous comments about the more boring figs like Vizar, Nocturna and Kayo. The Mutants are waaay more interesting, and I think, would make much better toys.

NA is coming this fall, but to answer "fan demand", if there is enough of it, they could make one of the Q1 figures an NA character or variant. Heck, the Q4 variant could be NA for all we know.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I would love a Sagitar...but I bet hes up there with Spinnerella in the rare stakes!
    He is a little harder to get because he was a deluxe beast but he can still be found for $40-90, the last figures like Too Tall Hoove and Missile Armor Flipshot are closer to a Spinnerella situation.

I was shocked that Sagitar not only stood up very well in size next to MOTUC Gygor and Shadowbeast but even next to the giant Tytus. He can also hold a variety of MOTUC weapons (his fists are closed so anything like a staff he cannot use, but guns, swords, and knifes work)

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    I'd love to see all the NA characters in MOTUC, though I'd agree with some previous comments about the more boring figs like Vizar, Nocturna and Kayo. The Mutants are waaay more interesting, and I think, would make much better toys.
    Yeah the interesting guardians are the ones with cool armor (like Tuskador), there are only 2-3 "plain" looking mutants (Lizorr being the main one, he looks just like a reptile with a helmet)
    Last edited by markatisu; May 11, 2011 at 09:22am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Yeah the interesting guardians are the ones with cool armor (like Tuskador), there are only 2-3 "plain" looking mutants (Lizorr being the main one, he looks just like a reptile with a helmet)
    Totally agree, but even then I loved Lizorr, because of his armor and -as strange as it sounds- I liked the lil asymmetrical 'Hook' on the side of his helmet!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]