Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans of the Goddess unite!

Fans of the Goddess unite!

I am sick of Matty's constant attacks on the Goddess in the bio-story!

It is time for fans of the Goddess (as featured in the series 1 & 2 mini-comics) to unite in opposition to Matty's plan to retroactively scrap all the Goddess' in-canon achievements, replacing them only with this new 'trainer' backstory.

Matty seems determined to replace Goddess with the Sorceress in all the MOTU history. Well TG should learn a lesson from DC on their attempt to retroactively replace (silver age) Wonder Woman with Black Canary II as a founder of the JLA ... it was a change that didn't work and didn't stick with the fans.

There is no reason whatsoever to whitewash Goddess' past by turning all her mini-comic appearances into the Sorceress.

First we had Teela's bio where instead of being the clone of Goddess, she is now a clone of Sorceress. Here Matty has managed to insult all fans, those who see a clone of Goddess and those a natural daughter of Sorceress.

But Mattel's insidious plot wasn't revealed in full until Man-E-Faces' bio which takes a warped version of his old mini-comic. Goddess was as much the hero of the story as Man-E-Faces in that mini but now she's been wiped out and replaced with the Sorceress.

This is an outrage!

It is unnecessary to insult fans like this. What is the point of finally having a beautiful Goddess figure if Matty is going to *******ise her history???

I demand Toyguru come on this site and explain why they have taken this horrible decision to white over the Goddess' true MOTU history and replace her with Sorceress, a totally different character!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Sign me up! To me The Goddess will always be the true female power of Eternia. And a proper backstory was right in front of their eyes and they didn't see it. King Grayskull's wife who was caught by the Snake Men and offered to Serpos in sacrifice. In preparation she was turned green with the power of the Snake Men, which gave her, her powers and made her immortal, somehow she got away and managed to take posession of The Staff of Ka. Infected with the Snake Men power she was forever unable to enter Castle Grayskull but protected it from the outside.

Just keep reading the bios, folks!
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Just keep throwing the bios in the trash with the rest of the packaging, folks!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    Sign me up! To me The Goddess will always be the true female power of Eternia. And a proper backstory was right in front of their eyes and they didn't see it. King Grayskull's wife who was caught by the Snake Men and offered to Serpos in sacrifice. In preparation she was turned green with the power of the Snake Men, which gave her, her powers and made her immortal, somehow she got away and managed to take posession of The Staff of Ka. Infected with the Snake Men power she was forever unable to enter Castle Grayskull but protected it from the outside.
    Wow, I actually like this; a much better backstory!

Doods, is it the Green Goddess we're angry about? Or the caucasian Goddess (who is the one who fights Skeletor for control of Man-E)?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Im a big fan of Goddess, but she, as a preternian character, cant be part ot the transformation of Man-e-faces.

The spirit of the Goddess fused with the Power Sword when the 2 halves got together. So in the Adam Era there is no Goddess.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    Im a big fan of Goddess, but she, as a preternian character, cant be part ot the transformation of Man-e-faces.

The spirit of the Goddess fused with the Power Sword when the 2 halves got together. So in the Adam Era there is no Goddess.
    There's no reason why she couldn't still be part of the Man-E story. Moss Man is a Preternian character, and he's still alive in the present day, so there's no reason why the Goddess can't be too. She was still around to train Wun-Dar, and that was just 100 years before Adam's time.

Where did you get the idea that the Goddess ceased to exist once the sword halves were combined? I can't find that info anywhere in the bios.

Heroic Warrior
    Well it didn't help that the words Goddess and Sorceress appeared in an inconsistent way in those otherwise great minicomics.

I ignore the biographies most of the time, so I don't feel outraged by the content. Quite frankly, the bad punctuation irritates me more (have you noticed that there was only one Elder of Grayskull in BG Teela and TFO's biographies - going by the apostrophe placement anyway!).

My thoughts are that a goddess of Eternia would not be bound to the castle in the same way a sorceress would.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'm a Goddess fan as well. Out of all the new characters we've received in MOTUC, she's the only one that fully captures the look and feel of the original first wave of the vintage line and the original four mini-comics. Here's hoping for the Battle Chariot that Man-At-Arms rode in the first mini-comic as well!

Man...I'm just making my own story. Mattel can do whatever they please. I'll take what I like from the bios and replace what I don't like.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't care at all about the bios or about the "canon" Toyguru created. Some parts are good, some are awful. I have my own story and canon, and it's all good.

But I'd sure like it if The Goddess could be really re-issued with GREAT QUALITY.

The DEFECTIVE figure Mattel sold as being The Goddess is just a BAD JOKE, I think ! Just because of that total lack of quality, the Goddess is the MOTUC figure I like the least, so far...

It seems Mattel shot down the Goddess in flames (bio, figure and all)... why so much hate for that character ?

We need a DECENT Goddess, and we need her NOW !
    Last edited by Prahvus; May 13, 2011 at 11:35am.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Doods, is it the Green Goddess we're angry about? Or the caucasian Goddess (who is the one who fights Skeletor for control of Man-E)?
    As I see it they are one and the same. Goddess goes green both when she is using her magical abilities and also when she is properly merged with her clone Teela.

And yeah, I believe in the bio story that Goddess is immortal and is still with us.

For years I have rationalised Sorceress as being the protector and bound to Castle Grayskull. Goddess is a nature-based protector, possibly with little to no connection with Castle Grayskull.

Can't she be both the Goddess and Sorceress? Goddess is who/ what she is, and Sorceress is what she does.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Wise words there. Personally, the new bios mean nothing to me; most of them are horrendously crap anyways.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    That is exactly what I do.

Heroic Warrior
    I think you need to re-read those early mini-comics. In the first minicomic,, the only one in which the so-called "Green Goddess" appeared,, she is only referred to as the Sorceress. Even in The Ordeal Of Man-E-Faces comic she is referred to as the Sorceress. No one is replacing the Goddess with the Sorceress because in MOtu history the titles "Goddess" and "Sorceress" were used interchangebly. The Goddess has always been the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    I think you need to re-read those early mini-comics. In the first minicomic,, the only one in which the so-called "Green Goddess" appeared,, she is only referred to as the Sorceress. Even in The Ordeal Of Man-E-Faces comic she is referred to as the Sorceress. No one is replacing the Goddess with the Sorceress because in MOtu history the titles "Goddess" and "Sorceress" were used interchangebly. The Goddess has always been the Sorceress.
    That is heresy my friend.

Not once have I believed that in the past 30 years and I'm not gonna start now.

I think the only way we can put this to rest is to have The Goddess evolve into the Filmation Sorceress.

Heroic Warrior
    Perhaps the biographies have been less than inspiring because, when it comes to the word 'goddess', we're talking about something religious!

Our green-skinned goddess is, essentially, a pagan Mother Earth figure, and not everyone would be comfortable if that concept was emphasised.

Can you imagine how sensitive some might be if we had an Eternian biologist who spoke about the facts of evolution?

Thank goodness it's just a toy line.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Well, whichever way it goes you can count me as fan.

Come on. At least recycle it, man.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Is this a Goddess support thread or an attack Mattel thread?

I've been a fan of the Goddess since I had my first Teela toy. Back then it was just Teela wearing armor, but I grew to like the idea of The "Goddess" being the Sorceress, just in a different outfit. The mionicomics abandoned The Goddess after the cartoon came out.

I'm thankful for Mattel establishing The Goddess as a seperate entity, rather than leaving her as a forgotten character.

Here's hoping a Goddess 2.0 is in the works.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    IN MY CANON™, The Goddess IS the Sorceress. Same character, different guise. Now if the Sorceress' bio has a better idea, I might adopt it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I love the concept of the Goddess. I actially loved the toy as well until she decided that she did not need to be attached to her leg. Great character with a crappy toy. It really is too bad because I liked having her displayed in snake armor and teela without.

Please release s new and improved Goddess 2.O! Heck if they gave her new parts we could get a Teela and Evil-Lyn 2.0 as well! Please Matty give us a new Goddess that stays in one piece! She is too awesome to ignore!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"