Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man-E-Faces' Sample Figure: Does His Orange Costume Meet Expectations?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Man-E-Faces' Sample Figure: Does His Orange Costume Meet Expectations?

I'm sure most of us remember there was the "Vote for Man-E-Faces' costume" poll on Matty Collector.

These were the official results:

525 (42%) Half-and-half deco as presented at Toy Fair
    421 (34%) Original cross-sell colors (flesh-toned skin)
    296 (24%) Original toy colors (orange colored jump suit)

So with 1,242 votes total, over 40% of you said that Man-E-Faces« should be produced in a half-and-half deco. Looks like the Four Horsemen and Toy Guru will just have to wait to see if their preferred versions are ever offered
    Fan-created mock-ups (except for pic #1, that's all real):

Here's the picture of the actual sample figure (darker lighting may play a factor in colours, not sure):

Does his colour meet your expectations, exceed them, fall short? What say you fans?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I think he looks very similar to the half-and-half deco that was voted for. As you pointed out, the lighting may be a factor in the packaged version we're seeing. Also, ToyGuru did note that "[t]he paint on Man-E-Faces is not quite matching beteen [sic] the arms and the lower chest. We've corrected this but don't have a final version in package yet."
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I'm very pleased with his look!

Looks fine to me, I think lighting is playing a big factor in the picture. If his body was obnoxious orange I would take issue.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Does his colour meet your expectations, exceed them, fall short? What say you fans?
    i'm a huge Man-E fan. been waiting for him for a long time and i couldn't be happier with the paint job.

Yeah, I think he's fine, if you look at his gun it's almost orange-red, which tells me that the lighting and the color saturation of this picture are a little off.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

It's very hard to tell much from the lighting. I actually took another picture of the MOTUC packaging (it was from a Faker pic) online whose colors seemed to match the lighting in real life, and this is what I came up with. Again, I was matching just the packaging color, trying to use that as a base so I didn't fiddle with the figure color one way or another. Obviously, the color could still be off some, but this might be a little more true to the final color. If so, I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It's very hard to tell much from the lighting. I actually took another picture of the MOTUC packaging (it was from a Faker pic) online that seemed to match the lighting in real life, and this is what I came up with. Obviously, the color could still be off some, but this might be a little more true to the final color. If so, I'd be happy.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/...46d93443_z.jpg
    Ultimately I would prefer him to come out looking like this pic, but as he is from what we've seen, he's alright... looks like skin tone to me though, not an orange jumpsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    As I feared, this muted version just looks very lackluster to me.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    It's very hard to tell much from the lighting. I actually took another picture of the MOTUC packaging (it was from a Faker pic) online whose colors seemed to match the lighting in real life, and this is what I came up with. Again, I was matching just the packaging color, trying to use that as a base so I didn't fiddle with the figure color one way or another. Obviously, the color could still be off some, but this might be a little more true to the final color. If so, I'd be happy.
    I was gonna say NO hes too orange to be half and Half, but after seeing Jonwes's clean up, Im a bit happier!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Looks good to me, more like the half/half that was mentioned, so hopefully no "vote rigging", am I right Matty?

I totally forgot that 200X Man-E stood out like a traffic cone. Eegads. I sooo have to drag him out of storage.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Ok so....

1. I find the changes in his hoses and kneepads more interesting...they are a def purple instead of the pinky....

B. IT IS FREAKIN MAN-E-FACES !!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW AWESOME IS THAT???????????????????
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

too 'man-e-fake'n bake' skin color for me, i would have preferred a more orange tone, does not stop me from purchasing him though.

I'm glad you posted this!

If the figure looks like this, I will be happy.

I'd rather have the cross-sell paint scheme (which is what the 4H wanted), and then get the toy-version in a TRU 2-pack.

BUT, this version, as seen in the adjusted photo will be fine. I can always paint the purple parts blue

If it looks, in-hand, like it does in the pic as originally shown, it will be obvious to me that TG's preference (the vintage toy-color scheme) was chosen
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    I don't really care about the skin tone that much, but it was awfully hard to choose between the dark blue and the purple. I really like that "cross sell" and I probably wouldve voted for that if there was comparison pics to choose from at the time of my vote. I voted for the NYTF color scheme cuz I was satisfied with how it looked which I'm sure is the reason why that vote won out.

Better get a Man-E-Faces repaint down the line though. Either in a TRU 2 pack or individually via a Matty variant slot. It's just too good of a figure and color scheme not to do. Like ahem...Green Trap Jaw! Where is that repaint at already?
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

Looks ok to me, though he did mention that this wan't the final sample and that they'd have the paint corrected by the time he is released.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    If it looks, in-hand, like it does in the pic as originally shown, it will be obvious to me that TG's preference (the vintage toy-color scheme) was chosen
    I thought that too Hopefully we┤re wrong.

Still too orange for my liking but I guess I 'll have to wait till I have it in hand to be sure.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    he looks fantastic! i like him looking tan just a tiny bit of orange mostly flesh tone.
    perfect in my opinion.

He's either orange or he's not, kind of like being pregnant.

He looks fine though and I consider that his skin color, not costume since his human face is the same tone.

As usual, Matty's horrible photographers strike again. Poor lighting makes things look darker. I'm sure the skin will be slightly lighter and closer to JonWes' color adjustment. Either way, I'm totally pleased with the figure, even though I wanted card back colors.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

He's okay. A bit lighter would have been nice.

Only thing that would have pleased me more would have been original packing head of Monster..but I get it. He is a good guy. I just hope and pray they don't start with Man E of the hey pick up all 3 version..human robot monster..that would kill me. I would do it..lol..but it would still suck. I am just glad I am not keeping megator that month. Getting 4 total man e to display him in all his faces of fun.
    But on topic I was pleased with this look I just want the figure
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I remember My childhood MEF was 'Monster' on card! was so cool! thats why I chose him in the toy store!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I think the 4H and Mattel have knocked this one out of the park. In my eyes he's perfect and it's figures like this that make me realize why I love this line so much.

Kudos to all that brought this one to fruition (and that includes those that voted for the half-deco!)