View Poll Results: Would will win the beatdown?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Count Marzo

14 56.00%
  • Orko

11 44.00%

Thread: MOTUC: Superpower Beatdown #2: Count Marzo VS Orko

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC: Superpower Beatdown #2: Count Marzo VS Orko

Count Marzo VS Orko

I copied a list of the names of ALL MOTU characters, printed them and placed them in a hat. Completely random match-ups in a battle to the death!

The first Beatdown saw the nimble Lizard Man pitted against the robotic powerhouse Snout Spout, and the high flying reptilian wonder did not make it out alive. This round finds the Trollan court jester VS the creep black flowers peddling weirdo, or depending on your POV, a master mage from a land of magic VS a powerful tyrant possessing an artifact of irresistible power that nearly single handedly conquered Eternia.

Carrying an unnamed mystical amulet into battle, Count Marzo has been a threat to Eternia for decades and has crushed armies beneath his heel, and stood toe to toe with He-Man. His power relies solely on his amulet, and when separated from it, he is little more than an ugly hobbit. He likes to keep help handy in the form of bizarre creatures, but this time he's own his own. Will his magic infused muscles, raw power and swordsmanship be enough to destroy Orko?

From a dimension of pure magic, Orko is at his best when possessing his powerful magic wand. He has a vast knowledge of spells which can surprise and disrupt other mages users attempting to conjure their best. Though the power of his wand is notable, he can easily misplace it, and often does. Will he be able to keep his wits and wand when red death is staring him in the face?

Who wins?! You decide!
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; July 27, 2015 at 11:26pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Count Marzo easily...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Count Marzo easily...
    Orko started out in the lead, the poll hasn't closed yet.

Do not underestimate the powerful magic of Orko The Great!! Orko gets the win!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    Its a tie so far!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Marzo would destroy that pesky floating elf.
    Most wanted: Starburst She-ra, Lodar, Vintage Toy Catra, Lady Slither, and the Great Black Wizard!

Just tied it back...ORKO!!!

I voted for the guy who is flower powered! Power to evil!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

If the match takes place on Trolla, definite win for Orko his power has unmatchable potential. rivaling even the Sorceress. SO yah ORKO

HMMM....this one is tough. If the stories are to be believed, Orko should be able to take him out at full power. However, most of the time we see Orko as a lovable goof who MIGHT be able to best Marzo on accident, at best. Still, that's not a bad power to have, when all you have to do is separate Marzo from his amulet. I could imagine an episode of Orko bumbling around, Marzo not taking him seriously, and ending up losing his amulet by some random chance.

I guess, taking this at face-value, we have to imagine that Marzo and Orko meet up on Eternia. That considered, there's a good chance Orko doesn't have his full power at hand, so this goes to Marzo, baring standard TV show goofabouts that would result in Marzo losing his amulet. I'm voting Marzo.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I am a firm holder of the idea that Trollans are in fact immensely magically powerful. I also subscribe to the idea that Orko feigns a bit of his buffoonery in order to push things along fate-wise (doing just enough so that He-Man is still solving things rather than Trollan magic).* I also think that a huge part of that reason is in order to hide his true power from those that would abuse it. If Skeletor had a true inkling of Trollan's abilities he'd see Orko as much more than an inconsequential bag of wind.

*Honestly, it's really interesting to watch the Filmation series with that idea in the back of one's mind - it actually kind of works.

Given that, there is still an element of dimensional energies at play. I think Trollans probably have to work a little harder when outside of Trolla. Also, Orko has developed a habit of playing down his abilities. That habit does seem hard to break for him in many cases.

So I gave it to Marzo. Trollans may be on a level of magic that is practically working on pure imagination, but Marzo's Amulet is nothing to scoff at, and its magics are extremely powerful as well. I am thinking more of the 200x Marzo in this situation, btw.

It's Orko's fight to lose, but I think his habits and ingrained tactics cause him to bungle it.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Heroic Warrior
    This battle to the death is coming to a conclusion. But who is going to take it?