Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catra - SOLD OUT

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar

Catra - SOLD OUT

Just went to check on my order from yesterday, and she's gone!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Catra certainly didnt sell out as quick as I thought. I wonder if the soft hand and soft sword had anything to do with that.

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    More than 24 hours for a sell out. The line is dooooommmmed!! Time to cherish what we've got.... I will remember the good times. A moment of silence............
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

I will say I'm glad the figures are available longer but I guess I was judging Catras sale based on how quick Bow sold out. Yes, the end is nigh
    Last edited by Fabulous; May 17, 2011 at 11:55pm.

We're mourning over 30 hours?

She did very well! And, everyone who wanted one got one within a reasonable time. That's all we've ever asked.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    We're mourning over 30 hours?

She did very well! And, everyone who wanted one got one within a reasonable time. That's all we've ever asked.
    Exactly! Its what we always wanted!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Oh my god, like she took a day, she is such a failure.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I hope Battle Ground Teela "fails" this badly so I can be sure to get an extra one without leaving work early!

I hope Matty held a couple back for CS issues, like mine. My CC number changed and I got the renewal issue email. I called and they said to update the card online. I did. Got a second email stating the attempt failed. I checked online and my new CC number is set at default, so I call again. The girl says it was not listed as default, although I was staring at their website where it was, but I didnt argue and thanked her for fixing it for me. She said I would get another email in 24 hours. 24 hours comes and goes and no email, so I made a 3rd call today. I must have got a newby, not that these people have any clue how to do their job anyways. He tells me that I need to go to the website and resubmit my order. I try to explain that it is my sub and there is no resubmitting of a sub order. He kept telling me there was nothing he could do for me. I asked for a supervisor and he tried referring me to Mattel consumer affairs. I asked again for a supervisor and he put me on hold. When he came back he started reading me a description of the Club Eternia Subscription and then told me again that he couldnt help me. I hung up on him in frustration. I will call again when I get home from work. I really wish these people would get their act together and know what product they are servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    More than 24 hours for a sell out. The line is dooooommmmed!! Time to cherish what we've got.... I will remember the good times. A moment of silence............

seriously!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Great news!!! Is good that Mattel fixed this 5 min. sold out issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I hope Battle Ground Teela "fails" this badly so I can be sure to get an extra one without leaving work early!
    I was pleased to see everyone get an opportunity as well. That was why I only purchased one Catra -to give everyone a chance.

This is a good sign that they have figured out a better production number to compensate for their increased demand. Either that or there wasn't as much demand.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Have any of the figures this year gone unreasonably fast? I'm a sub holder so I don't usually have to worry about it, but from my lurking on the boards it seems like most things have lingered long enough for most to get to a computer.

I think they've finally found the magic number. Those Sheras will probably linger though, with the new sculpt coming shortly. I think that re-release was pretty poorly planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Have any of the figures this year gone unreasonably fast? I'm a sub holder so I don't usually have to worry about it, but from my lurking on the boards it seems like most things have lingered long enough for most to get to a computer.
    Bow went pretty quick. Maybe about an hour?

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    thats good that she lasted that long, yeah maybe they found the magic number for these figs to last a little longer.

hopefully she-ra doesn't sit up there too long by herself.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

New increased production numbers or the line is failing?

I don't know guys...
    The figures sold out lightning fast last year them suddenly they started to be available for a few hours, a few days and the dioramas are there for more then what? 2 to 3 months now?

Also I've noticed that toyguru its not responding to motu questions on the ask matty section as the old days and when king hssss came with wrong shoulders they simply told that they won't fix them...

A few months ago it was common to hear TG saying that Motu classics where his line... the line he cherish and his main line to manage. Now I heard from him that his line, and the line he was contracted by Mattel to manage is green lantern...

Well I started this line hopping to one day have all characters. At least was what I've always heard... if the line ends before that I'll be very very upset cause I invested much much time and money on this.

Let's hope the line goes until the first planed end when all motu, na and pop characters are in our shelfs.

Motu it's more than a collection you know? It's a way of living!

in what universe is a 30 hour sellout of a product failure? unless we're talking about freshly made food. if people are SERIOUSLY worried, relax, even 3 weeks to sell out is GREAT.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Hey - she went faster than King Hssss. Legend.

I'm sure that her soft sword and hand had something to do with it. I have a feeling, many fans were hesitant at first like myself. Something tells me, those fans who were fearful about purchasing her, read posts by people who had already received their Catra and had little to no complaints about the sword or hand. I imagine some people took this as a sign that only visible female Horde member (EVER!) released was worth it after all.
    Last edited by LostIt2Bostik; May 18, 2011 at 10:11am.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

I'm a little shocked it took her that long to sell out. I would have never guessed Bow would have sold out faster than her if you asked me before they were released.

Heroic Warrior
    I doubt the soft sword and hand had ANYTHING to do with it. No one should let such a minor issue decide if they buy a figure or not. I'd say it's a matter of producing more figures and the fact that she's a D-level character.

I suspect that after 2 years Matty now knows how many figures the fans will buy. They know how many will sell if there are 2 heads. How many will sell if it is POP or if it is MOTU. They know who collects the "Original" boxes and how many re-issues will sell. I'm guessing its a case of production = demand.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

A flimsy sword and hand would not stop people from getting her at all. Look how many of you are huge POP/Catra fans and still bought her. I bet a lot of fans that bought her didn't even know about either 'issue'. As somebody else already mentioned, she's a D-list character (okay, maybe C) and demand was probably not nearly as high for her figure. And maybe Mattel upped production or did find a good number, too.

It's ridiculous that we should measure the success of a figure by whether they sell out in under an hour. That is just unreasonable. This is what those fast sell outs have done: placed completely unrealistic expectations and placed the bar immeasurably high.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!