Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sentinel of Castle Grayskull in MOTUC!

Sentinel of Castle Grayskull in MOTUC!

Talking of obscure MOTU characters, I'd love to see a Sentinel of Castle Greyskull (from the UK Ladybird books):

How cool is this dewd!!??
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

This would be cool.
    Good Journey

never seen him b4 he looks cool

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

What's he do? Not that it matters, of course; he's friggin' cool enough to be made without any questions. Still, I gotta wonder what kinda person sticks around in Greyskull besides the Sorceress. Would be cool if he was some sorta magical armor to protect the castle 'er something. I think someone made something like that in the art section at one point...

Anyway, I'm all for it! He looks awesome! And hey, if people end up not liking him for what he is, I think he could pass for Skeletor's troopers from the movie.
    Last edited by Alexx; August 25, 2011 at 07:24pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Reminds me a lot of Darth Vader.

Heroic Warrior
    Ladybird books are NOT available at the moment for MOTUC figures (said Toyguru).

Plus, there are many other characters that I'd like to see released first. Personally, I think this robot looks way too plain...

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    Reminds me a lot of Darth Vader.
    That was exactly what I thought when I saw the picture. Now, I love my Vader -but in MOTU? I'm not so sure. It reminds me of those "storm trooper" Skeletor henchmen in the 80's MOTU movie.

Let your He-Man be He-Man and your Star Wars be Star Wars...

On a positive note: thank you for posting the vintage MOTU comic/book. I always love to look at those classic drawings.

It looks like He-man is dancing, ha ha ha.

Anyways, I have no interest in this sentinel guy.

Yeah, he's cool, not overly bothered about seeing him as a figure just yet, but the idea of guards within Castle Grayskull wearing those weird uniforms is cool

He may look like a robot but the book indicated he's a guard in armor, several other sentries wearing the same uniform appeared in the story 'Warlord of Eternia' in the Ladybird MOTU bumper storybook.

Never heard of him before, but apart from his Darth Vader helmet, his chainmail makes him look a bit too much like a standard knight.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    You know at first i thought wow another villian but from which faction, snakemen with that scally suit or one of skeletors henchmen. Looking at the pic though im more on the side of he being an outcast hero. Maybe that would explain why he is at Grayskull and so obscure looking.

Looks like he has alerted He-man to some trouble as he is pointing downwards. He-man has no weapons so no desire to defend himself especially if someone has breached the walls of Grayskull.

Personally im all for new characters and remembering to an extent these characters have already been established in motu, classics is to bring all factions together so if the rights were ever held by Matty why not, i would really look forward to his bio.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    What's he do? Not that it matters, of course; he's friggin' cool enough to be made without any questions. Still, I gotta wonder what kinda person sticks around in Greyskull besides the Scorceress.
    He (although there's more than one) guards Greyskull. In Ladybird, Greyskull was populated with normal people & He-Man lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    the idea of guards within Castle Grayskull wearing those weird uniforms is cool. He may look like a robot but the book indicated he's a guard in armor, several other sentries wearing the same uniform appeared in the story 'Warlord of Eternia'
    I like the idea of guards too. It seems to me that He-Man & the Sorceress are the only true guardians, with the Castle's other defenses being magical - so I'd expect these Sentinels to also be magical or robotic rather than human.

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Looks like he has alerted He-man to some trouble as he is pointing downwards. He-man has no weapons so no desire to defend himself especially if someone has breached the walls of Grayskull.
    Yes, in the story, he is helping He-Man. In later stories, the Sorceress was simply powerful enough to sense danger & didn't need these kinds of helpers.

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Personally im all for new characters and remembering to an extent these characters have already been established in motu
    Yep - if we're going to have obscure characters, this one is top of my list.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; May 26, 2011 at 10:14am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

He looks cool but honestly I'd like to see the core characters released instead of these characters that appeared in one story or one panel of one story. I can understand wanting to flesh out the universe with more characters but to me I just see making these will push back or dilute the rate which we'll get core characters.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    What's he do?
    He points down. Duh.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    He points down. Duh.
    His special power? Perhaps his arms could be like King Hiss little snakes & all bendy?

this character vaguely reminds me of the air-centurions from the '87 movie ... and to be honest, i would rather see a figure of an air-centurion than a figure of this character, if either were possible ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    this character vaguely reminds me of the air-centurions from the '87 movie ... and to be honest, i would rather see a figure of an air-centurion than a figure of this character, if either were possible ...
    They could be both - after all, Skeletor had conquered Castle Greyskull in the 80s movie - so these handy Castle Sentinels would turn from working for the Sorceress to working for Skeletor!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Ah! Itīs Va-Dor! Cool, make him

Another cool image of the Sentinels - obviously they were able to leave Castle Greyskull:

Any Ladybird character is good for me!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Another cool image of the Sentinels - obviously they were able to leave Castle Greyskull:
    Oh, that is so cool! I love the Stridor horses. I noticed that Randor's horse has one leg raised. I wonder if this was intentionally drawn by the artist to indicate that Randor may have been injured in battle? Very few artists use symbolism in art anymore.

Speaking of artwork...I still say that the "Sentinels" look like knock offs to something out of Star Wars. I would hate for that same thought to run across the mind of someone else and cause them to look at MOTU as just another Star Wars wannabe. He-Man is unique in its own way and should be celebrated as such.

Like anything, it is all subject to interpretation. The lack of unified story in MOTU certainly brings out various interpretations -some appear to borrow in a more blatant manner than others.

This is my opinion though. To each his own.

Oooo....I like that pic! They're wearing MAA leg armor, too. Man, though...I can't help but think of that as a perfect look for Skeletor's troopers from the movie. I would probably end up using them like that...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the idea of an elite Grayskull guard troop, who are as ageless as Grayskull is...

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I always loved the idea of Grayskull having its own warriors--I always imagined them to be enchanted armor that pre-He-Man Sorcerers and Sorceresses would call upon. As such, I would love to see Grayskull Sentinels in MOTUC.

That being said, for all of the references to Vad-Or and whatnot, I keep imagining G.I. Joe's Range Vipers when I see it...

MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

While I am up for new characters in MOTUC, they are not at the top of my list. If there is going to be a guardian armor for Grayskull, first priority must go to the classic Grayskull space suit (see my avatar ).

As the design is kinda bland IMO, I would much rather see the 2nd series mini-comic design for the Palace Guards before these Sentinels.

But I'm sure the 4H would make these army builders look cool.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199