Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My MOTUC Frosta

WOW! This Frosta is THE BEST MOTUC custom of her I've ever seen. It stays true to how the classics look as well as the characters look. I love her hair tone as well as her face. Beautiful. I hope Mattel does Frosta justice just like you have.

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    Thank you for the continued comments all. I appreciate every one of em.Hmm your inspire Ing me to hurry and finish my other two customs. They're both two of my fav female characters.....

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    OMG... What sculpting materials did you use to make her? I need to get another She-Ra and Adora so I can try my hand at this only I want to sculpt her to look like the toy version. Anyone know if there is a sculptable flexable material that dies in a translucent frosted finish? I need to scult her skirt out of that material and perhaps a cape. Your work has inspired me to no end! Who is the cape from too? She is just amazing!!! Oh, and what kind of paints did you use? Name of skin tone color? Any tips would be amazing, and that wand is outstanding too!
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Sounds cool BTL. I used Aves fix it sculpt. Bought it online. It so far has been the nicest to work with. I used various acrylic model paints from Testors to Tamiya.When I get home I'll check and give you list of items used for custom. The cape I used was from a Batman/Superman- "supergirl intro series" Superman figure. I simply cut the bottom. I actually wanted it a bit longer but it was the best I had on hand that would fit well. Im sure it'll come out great.")
    Last edited by kalel0201; May 20, 2011 at 11:40am.

Evil Master of Halloween Sorcerer's Avatar
    I just want ot point out that as far as I'm concerned, the hair makes this figure. You found the perfect mix of white and almost-white-blue, and the effort that tool really shows through.
    "Nothing in this world is the was it should be. It's harsh, and cruel, and that's why there's us. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it could be."

Dude! I so love the hair color too! It gives that icy/snow feel to her. I found it and knew I wanted that to be her color. I went to three different stores to find it...I'm picky heh. It's actually a really pale blue with the lowlights being the really pale blue mixed with the "sky blue" of her outfit to keep her the same tone overall.I then highlighted with white. I wanted to make sure that all the colors on her looked somewhat "natural" if you will. Like they all spawned from an ice crystal she produced. Even her skin has that cool tone to it. No spray on tan for Frosta. She's cool to the touch ;-)

Beautifully done. I can only hope the matty version is half as beautiful.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    She looks amazing! Love the little details like the jewel and the staff is great!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    WOW!! This is indeed an awesome custom figure. Congrats!!

Absolutely beautiful work.

That is one awesome custom! I hope she does come out this good from Matty. But she'll probably have backwards arms or something.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Lol backwards! Nooooooo!!!!!

Awesome!
    I was not interested in this figure since I'm not a POP die hard fan, but seeing your version made me change my mind. Face expresion is beautiful!
    Congrats my friend!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Wohoo! You jumped on the Frosta bandwagon Old man Jack! ;-) Thanks everybody for the encouraging comments y'all rock!

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    So can I ask if you are able to get any more of those parts to make the staff again from Micheal's? I want to mimic your staff too.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

Court Magician
    Im really enjoying your work. I wish the base figures werent so muscly, but thats just me Im sure. I dont mind the thicker thighs, but the arms, arg, lol. Makes the heads looks really small. Still, I think the pop customs are amazing and would also love to know how you got her torso smoothed down.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    dude that frosta is just sick, i am looking forward to seeing your next 2 customs!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    So can I ask if you are able to get any more of those parts to make the staff again from Micheal's? I want to mimic your staff too.
    actually I haven't gone yet. Im sure I'll find something similar if not the same thing. @kittyvibe. On this custom I used an Adora figure as base. Its simply a modified Adora jumper( cut the top off) . Wish Catra was that easy! ")
    Last edited by kalel0201; June 4, 2011 at 06:17pm.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    Great Job Kalel!

Great work! Love the way Frosta stands out next to She-Ra

Thank you much! Heh I also love the way she looks next to She-ra n Catra!

Snappy Threader
    Cant get much COOLER than that. Awesome!

Hah! Pun intended huh Mr.Iron Pride? ;-)

Simply Stunning!!! I hope Mattel's version has as much of a great face paint job as yours.

She's gorgeous! I love the hair and the face
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!