Thread: "Sea Raider" - would you be interested?

"Sea Raider" - would you be interested?

During previous recordings for our show "The He-Manic Quartett" over at PlanetEternia.de, I mentioned how I never had a Wind Raider with wings as a kid, making it rather lame due to looking more like a boat than a plane.

Which got me thinking... let's just pretend that Mattel releases a Wind Raider in the line. A while later (2-3 years maybe), they suddenly present the Sea Raider - based heavily on the Wind Raider molds, with some parts and the colors changed drastically to turn it into a water ride.

Would you be in for such a "new" vehicle, or would you rather pass on it?

For me, it would depend on the final execution. The Four Horsemen might finde a cool way to change the Wind Raider into a nicely-looking Sea Raider. But I'm not sure that I'd want to spend $ 60 bucks on a "new vehicle" instead of something like a Land Shark.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Funny, because once the wings broke off mine as a kid, I also used it as a boat.

Although I don't really know if I'd be interested in a sea raider on purpose
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

My Wind Raider was always floating around the pool when I was a kid, but I don't think I'd purchase a Sea Raider as the cost would be high, and like Sir Reilly stated I would rather have another vintage vehicle before anything new was introduced.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    200X did it...
    It was in "The Island".

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    200X did it...
    It was in "The Island".

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aterraider.jpg
    Whoa there! My kids watched that episode last week, but I could've sworn that they always only used the War Whales in the show!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

That MYP Sea Raider looks sweet as hell and if it was released in the 200x line I no doubt would have got it, but lets face it, the vehicles in MOTUC are going to be expensive so I probably would pass on this one, but I'd prefer it over the War Whale being released.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Sure. Make it along with Spidor with no legs & Attak-Trak with no tracks. I can then put my MOTUC in them that have no heads.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Not a bad idea, but I would much rather have any Vintage vehicle. (I want 'em all!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Whoa there! My kids watched that episode last week, but I could've sworn that they always only used the War Whales in the show!
    Yes, it's a one-shot appearance. War Whales were used in the beginning of Anwat Gar. You see lots of cool stuff while screencapping.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    That MYP Sea Raider looks sweet as hell and if it was released in the 200x line I no doubt would have got it, but lets face it, the vehicles in MOTUC are going to be expensive so I probably would pass on this one, but I'd prefer it over the War Whale being released.
    The Sea Raider would be a great way to refresh the Wind Raider. The trouble is how many people would want a non-vintage vehicle besides the "get everything" fans and 200X/MYP fans?

A made up vehicle...no. There is no place for them IMO.

However...based on the vehicle seen in MYP. Sure, I'd buy that. It was in MOTU cannon and that's good enough for me. Looks cool too.

Of course the only point of it would be if Mattel was trying to make more money off the Wind Raider mold and we haven't even see it yet. So no way to know if it's possible.

If the MYP boat takes enough unique tooling that it takes up a vehicle slot, then of course people wouldn't want it and Mattel would never make it.

Honestly I think we'll see Twigget figures before this happens.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    200X did it...
    It was in "The Island".

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...aterraider.jpg
    Well it sure beats the **** outta a "War Whale" and/or an "Attack Squid".
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I don't see it selling very well to be honest. You're best bet would be a repaint if it has detachable wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Sure. Make it along with Spidor with no legs & Attak-Trak with no tracks. I can then put my MOTUC in them that have no heads.
    This cracked me up

Heroic Warrior
    I also used it for a boat... HAD to have something to do with the anchor out front

I'd pass on new vehicles however... If they want to play on nostalgia... they can make the wings removable and there we'll have our sea raider...

OMG, now I know the Windraider will be one of the first vehicles--they can repaint it almost immediately to make that MYP Sea Raider! Surprisingly, it's one of the few 200X vehicles I wouldn't refuse to buy either.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    OMG, now I know the Windraider will be one of the first vehicles--they can repaint it almost immediately to make that MYP Sea Raider! Surprisingly, it's one of the few 200X vehicles I wouldn't refuse to buy either.
    Well, two points:
    1) How would they attach the stubbier, but more integral wings, of the Sea Raider (was it actually called that? MGM's named his screencap "Water Raider", and Mattel has a live TM for ""Swamp Raider" they could repurpose for MotUC...). Aren't the mounting points lower and further back? (MYP Wind Raider cap for comparison?)
    2) They would have to make it Filmation-sized! (two front seats and a back bench, rather than just a single seat)

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well, two points:
    1) How would they attach the stubbier, but more integral wings, of the Sea Raider (was it actually called that? MGM's named his screencap "Water Raider", and Mattel has a live TM for ""Swamp Raider" they could repurpose for MotUC...). Aren't the mounting points lower and further back? (MYP Wind Raider cap for comparison?)
    2) They would have to make it Filmation-sized! (two front seats and a back bench, rather than just a single seat)
    A few answers
    1) I don't think anyone cares what it's called honestly, we all know what we mean, right? It could end up being called the Tidal Transport. I don't have a preference. River Raider sounds neat.
    2) Naturally there will be changes to it as they "Classicize" it, but the chassis is obviously based on the Wind Raider. Chances are the fins wouldn't attach in the same place as the wings because that would put them too high. The Horsemen may just attach the fins to the body and put guns in the wing ports.
    3) Honestly, I don't know that we can expect multiple seats on the WR for MOTUC. They don't have to use Filmation's size, though it would just be nice if they did. But I wouldn't get my hopes up. Whatever they do with the WR, I would expect the Sea/Water/Swamp Raider to get the same treatment.

I prefer the name Sea Raider over Water Raider.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    A made up vehicle...no. There is no place for them IMO.
    As opposed to all of the real vehicles that were produced in MOTU, POP, NA, and 200X?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

The trouble is how many people would want a non-vintage vehicle besides the "get everything" fans and 200X/MYP fans?
    I would be on that list of people.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    As opposed to all of the real vehicles that were produced in MOTU, POP, NA, and 200X?
    Yes exactly.

*ahem* OWNED!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Heroic Warrior
    The MYP vehicle shown above looks pretty cool. It could be done later on, no poblem, but I think there are many more cool MOTU vehicles to release as MOTUC items !