Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 047 Discussion!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks gents. That was interesting.

Plus I learned a new phrase Keyboard warrior. Can't believe that something that was said in passing caused a lot of people to rage.

So much rage I was expecting one of two things:
    1. people turning big and green and smashing things

or

2. people receiving red lantern corps rings and plasma spewing (comic book reference)

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    So cool hearing Eric talk about this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax
    We know where they came from, but in comparison, the _________ from 30 years ago is usually going to be inferior to the ______________ from today.
    Nah, not necessarily. I can see your point if you're talking more about functionality, but outside of that it just comes down to preference. As Mr. Shokoti pointed out, if you insert the two film versions of Psycho into the above sentence that theory is blown. New doesn't mean better. Give me 60's rock 'n' roll any day over the junk on mainstream radio today. I'd rather watch the classic Green Hornet TV series than the questionable new film version. 200x and MOTUC aren't better than vintage. They're just different. The functionality might be improved in terms of what they can do with articulation nowadays, but aesthetically it's all subjective.

Also, from now on I'm totally gonna be a Keyboard Warrior. In my canon™, yer all a bunch of sexist Matty Apologists®!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    lmao! I'm the first to admit that I probably wouldn't say some of the stuff I do on here in person, but that's mainly because I'm not good at articulating in a way that would get the points across. I would probably forget half of what I was trying to say and embarrass myself. (But I would hope that my comments on here are of some value) I'm actually extremely quiet and more of a listener/observer in person (especially around folks I don't know well), occasionally chiming in with a random golden nugget of information or clever remark when something strikes me. Once I get to know someone well, with the right topic I can get somewhat chatty, but usually other folks do more talking than me.
    We sound a lot alike. I'm pretty quite in person too, unless I know the people really well...then I can become bigger than life! Also, if my job requires it (like when I was reporting). You just have to shrug off that shyness and go out and give it your best sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wish you guys would feel this way about Pre-Filmation, if you like the oldest version so much.
    I like things about the mini-comics, but certain things I will never accept: like Teela being a clone. It certainly was an interesting mini-comic, but that's where that should have stayed, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I want an Era Wars Weapons Pak!!
    It's pretty much been done: 200X He-Man sword, Optikk stuff and She-Ra's Sword of Protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Also, from now on I'm totally gonna be a Keyboard Warrior. In my canon™, yer all a bunch of sexist Matty Apologists®!!
    Oh, Penny.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It was tasty! My compliments to the chef. And I wouldn't dream of walking out without leaving a tip for the excellent service.

Seriously, thanks for putting these together. It helps to fill the MOTU addiction until the next Matty release.

My favorite line:

Eamon: "What's it? A band?"

Val, you're obviously a furry... plushie... muppet LOVAH!!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My favorite line:

Val, you're obviously a furry... plushie... muppet LOVAH!!!!
    I thought that whole topic was going to go to unconfortable places! I only know of them from an episode of CSI I saw maybe 6 years ago, or something. It was...something different. "The Avengers" movie with Sean Connery and Uma Thurman has a plushie scene too. Quite disturbing. It comes out of nowhere and involves cold blooded murder.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Can't believe that something that was said in passing caused a lot of people to rage.

So much rage I was expecting one of two things:
    Why do people always do this? Is it to take the focus off the subject at hand?

I just got done explaining in a thought-out calm manner how he misconstrued some past comments --that it was one more thing on top of a line of remarks relating to POP fans-- and why I thought certain parts of the conversation were off-putting, and suddenly that gets twisted into 'a lot of people raging', with the ever-so-present cavalier 'it was nothing' attitude?...LMAO! Mmmm yeah, I totally flew off-the-handle with my use of laughing smilies and lack of all capitalized letters and a hundred exclamation points. Nobody else was raging either. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    unless I know the people really well...then I can become bigger than life!
    @ being able to interpret that in a 'different' way.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    I bet you he didn't want to mention it, and he knew the majority wouldn't know what he was talking about like "matron" or "nappies", but this Home & Away star probably had him worried for the role of Thor. I dunno, but I had the same doubts myself due to this show...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Things get better over time.
    People see things in black and white terms...
    Hmm...that seems pretty black and white to me. Only a Sith talks in extremes. Darth Mega? But...but...you're a supposed good guy?! That's why you Force-choked Battle Ground Teela who was pregnant with your unborn twins! Nooooooooooooo! You were supposed to save the Masters of the Universe Order! Not destroy it! Val loved you like a brother!

Hey, as long as I got "sexi" in my description I'm pretty happy with that, Penny D.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 21, 2011 at 12:29pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

My favorite line:

It does sound like it may be the name of a punk band.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar

I'm bad at being a Keyboard Warrior™. Although I may have been one during the Battle of the Unflocked Panthors.

I have more fun being an Era War™ Instigator and mild troll/thread prankster.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

So awesome to hear Eric! Not sure if this is my favourite episode so far or not, but it's really close.

Can't wait to hear more with him and / or other Horsemen.

BTW, I articulate much better in person. I always feel tongue-tied (or would that be text-tied?) on forums. It's funny, because I can't read people's reaction to what I'm saying, I think I hold back way more on here. That's why I love people like MGM, Tally, Brian, Val & many more who can express themselves so elegantly in black and white.
    END OF LINE

My kids love the vintage stuff to together with the motuc stuff. Check out my youngest son making sounds for my turbodactyl:

But when my kids talk about Heman in school no one knows what they are talking about

So my sons have a lot of Bakugan and Beyblades too.

Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    BTW, I articulate much better in person. I always feel tongue-tied (or would that be text-tied?) on forums. It's funny, because I can't read people's reaction to what I'm saying, I think I hold back way more on here. That's why I love people like MGM, Tally, Brian, Val & many more who can express themselves so elegantly in black and white.
    Thankee. That may be one of the nicest compliments I've heard on here about myself!

You know, this online spot is just as relevant to me as anything going on in my real life (hey, I've been around for like 10 years!), and so I really don't make any sort of distinction between the two, or downplay the importance of either. I act like you guys are my friends. I really do like folks on here, even though I maybe come off as argumentative.

Heroic Warrior
    It would be cool, if you had asked Eric about the Leech and Faceless One heads...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    It would be cool, if you had asked Eric about the Leech and Faceless One heads...
    Agreed! I would of loved to hear Eric talk about his opinions on more / varied heads. Make this happen Val! (I control you, right? )
    END OF LINE

I loved this episode. It was nice hearing the whole gang back again, everyone was engaging and entertaining.

I really enjoyed hearing Eric's thoughts on his creative process since I've been a huge fan since before I knew who had sculpted the particular McFarlane Toys that I found amazing.

I'm glad he addressed what was a big curiosity of mine, which is how he feels about discussions comparing 200X & MOTUC. It's got to be a weird combination of disappointment and pride when he's had such a huge involvement in both.

I found the whole discussion incredibly interesting and I appreciate the long interview. I'd be glad if he stopped in again and I hope 3 other guests show up on RGB eventually.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    All I have to say is I have the JLU Giganta figure. In just a few short months, the 4" one's dress started to crack apart. Last I checked, the 12" version was fine... but I'm glad that plastic isn't being used on any of our figures. I too would like my figures in good condition years from now, just like my vintage ones.

Great discussion with Eric! Thank you so much for the insight on the master works you guys keep cranking out.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Yeah, I think I should say that even though I didn't agree with everything said during the interview this was a truly great episode. It was fascinating to listen to all of you. And I appreciate that Eric took the time to talk about these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate that very much.
    I try to take a lot of care in articulating my thoughts here.
    It's a luxury to be able to type what I feel, then edit it, then re-read it, etc., THEN post it .

In person, it's more difficult to do that lol... Well... It's not possible.

I do believe that there is much lost in the non-person to person nature of forum conversation
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I think that was one of the best podcasts we ever had!

It's also always a treat to see who decides to get offended by my words! Emphasis on the word 'decides'.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    It's also always a treat to see who decides to get offended by my words! Emphasis on the word 'decides'.
    I'd say it was a sense of disagreement, rather than outright offense.

Often times, even when folks say something that comes off as angry, frustrated, irrational etc., there's still a truth at the core of their posts. Unfortunately, to the outside viewer, sometimes the focus can become the behavior rather the facts, which is fine as long as everyone can remain objective about the actual argument. Occasionally that doesn't happen, though.

To me, it's like a Jury member thinking: "The Defendant looks sketchy and they're acting irrational! Automatically guilty!!"

Or just not be so keen to be offended! That could work too!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

You are referring to me, aren't you! I can tell! It's by the way you use 'keen.' That's me! I'm offended! I'm boycotting you, RGD, and the Four Horsemen! You devils!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

There's been some Roast Gooble/.org topics you've been pretty fired-up about, sir. But you know what? I'm not at all expecting you to be a one-dimensional person who never strays from the ideal that society has created. At times, frustration, anger etc. are appropriate/normal reactions. That's what is real.