Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 047 Discussion!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    The Classicizer™ Machine is a Lie?
    Oh no! Everything I believed in is falling apart!
    Good riddance to that stupid machine... Hopefully it'll allow us to get a REAL Mantenna... with 4 separate legs and all that... This Gooble was very educational... There might be hope for a He-Mullet!
    Some lie. The 4H still have Mattel mandates keeping them from making 200X heads (the 4H created a Buzz-Off head; they also made a Grizzlor head, but that was axed due to budget) and before it was lifted, the Keldor Swords.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Even though I don't like 200x styled figures, I'd rather have seen Keldor come with Classicized 200x style swords as opposed to what the figure actually came with.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I don't think anyone was asking for a formal interview. I think some are more interested in hearing what Eric has to say about MOTU and its various aspects and processes--since you actually have him on--over Battle Pigeons, Thor, Chicklets (or whatever), and presents, which didn't even really involve him or answer questions many of us had/have for him. I have no doubt that there are a few who would prefer to hear about Battle Pigeons over Eric, but I and others probably do not. I'm sure I'll be brushed off for saying this, and I'm sure I'm wrong, but it is what it is. I will still obviously listen to the show and enjoy doing so. I always look forward to it. I too hope Scott will join you soon.
    And it's not even that those topics needed to be eliminated but that the transitions between talking with Eric (that we were all on the edge of out seats for) and the long discussion about movies and snacks-and the dreaded Battle Rat with Wings- were a bit awkward. It wasn't a deal breaker by any means and I know you guys need this to continue being fun to want to keep it up so I don't like complaining about it. Hopefully he will be back regularly as it sounded like you guys already have future discussions ready.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    And it's not even that those topics needed to be eliminated but that the transitions between talking with Eric (that we were all on the edge of out seats for) and the long discussion about movies and snacks-and the dreaded Battle Rat with Wings- were a bit awkward. It wasn't a deal breaker by any means and I know you guys need this to continue being fun to want to keep it up so I don't like complaining about it. Hopefully he will be back regularly as it sounded like you guys already have future discussions ready.
    Exactly! This.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I have no doubt that there are a few who would prefer to hear about Battle Pigeons over Eric, but I and others probably do not.
    It's all good.
    People listening will like some things, dislike others. The show may be a winner for some, a loser for others.
    That's the beauty of a MP3. You can skip around the show however you want.

It means a lot that you guys like the show so much that you wish it could be tailored to your specific interests.
    But everyone on the show is doing what they want to do. Don't expect anything to change.
    Still, I think you gotta admit: it's not bad for fun, free entertainment.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    This was a great episode, I wouldn't want any of the silly parts taken out, but I too would love to hear Eric's thoughts on reversed shoulders, Leech and Faceless One's head, etc, so hopefully he'll be on again sometime.

Someone mentioned wanting Scott on the show, I'm assuming you meant Toy Guru, he was on an episode before, but yea I'd love to hear more from him again.

I don't see why She-Ra's hole was a bad decision. I guess people complain about not seeing her face where you can see her face perfectly on the filmation style head and that's probably the head most people want to display her with anyways. Now the vintage toy head is a nice bonus where you can play around and display her in 2 more ways

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Some lie. The 4H still have Mattel mandates keeping them from making 200X heads (the 4H created a Buzz-Off head; they also made a Grizzlor head, but that was axed due to budget) and before it was lifted, the Keldor Swords.
    Is it a mandate for sure? I could totally be wrong but I could've sworn I heard that the 4H sometimes sculpt things because they think it would be cool & see if Mattel throws it in. I wouldn't be surprised if almost every figure had a second head sculpted, 2002 style or not, & the 4H submit it with Mattel wagging their fingers in a "no" motion.

I know I sure want a 2002 style He-Man chest armor/harness, (with cross symbol)!
    I want my other half.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    I don't see why She-Ra's hole was a bad decision. I guess people complain about not seeing her face where you can see her face perfectly on the filmation style head and that's probably the head most people want to display her with anyways. Now the vintage toy head is a nice bonus where you can play around and display her in 2 more ways
    Yeah I agree. The thing with that was they wanted to give us an option of how to put the mask on. If they didn't do that, it would have been permanently stuck to her head. People just wanted them to go the extra mile and allow three display options with that head. The outcry about it was too much though IMO.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    People just wanted them to go the extra mile and allow three display options with that head. The outcry about it was too much though IMO.
    I disagree about the outcry being too much because it inspired the 4H/Mattel to figure out a better way of doing the removeable masks with Catra. If everyone kept quiet about their severe disappointment with the way She-Ra's toy mask attached, Catra would have been another "hole in the head" version. Instead, we get two fantastic masks that can both be placed on her forehead and face. Engineering accomplishment! My hat is off to whomever came up with the new attachment design. I think Catra deserves a toy award for their achievement and improvement (for the mask attachment and the dress softness)!

Hopefully She-Ra 2.0 will have a similar design to allow for her flipable mask. We know you guys can do it now, so keep up the great work!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I disagree about the outcry being too much because it inspired the 4H/Mattel to figure out a better way of doing the removeable masks with Catra. If everyone kept quiet about their severe disappointment with the way She-Ra's toy mask attached, Catra would have been another "hole in the head" version. Instead, we get two fantastic masks that can both be placed on her forehead and face. Engineering accomplishment! My hat is off to whomever came up with the new attachment design. I think Catra deserves a toy award for their achievement and improvement (for the mask attachment and the dress softness)!

Hopefully She-Ra 2.0 will have a similar design to allow for her flipable mask. We know you guys can do it now, so keep up the great work!
    you know, you make a wonderful point. I was totally annoyed by the crowd complaining about She-Ra having a hole in the head (couldn't understand why anyone would want to display her without one of the mask/tiaras) BUT I LOVE the way Catra turned out and am super excited for She-Ra 2.0 so I've got to tip my hat to those who argued the point. I think as long as folks don't get nasty, expressing things you are dissatisfied with is totally the way to go here.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think as long as folks don't get nasty, expressing things you are dissatisfied with is totally the way to go here.
    I think that's the key. At times, some people can let their dissatisfaction with things make them say terrible things. I think feedback or constructive criticism is a good thing as long as it stays clean and is coming from the right place.

I really can't wait to get my Catras. She's so pretty without either of the masks...so I have no idea how I'm going to display the one I open!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    Is it a mandate for sure? I could totally be wrong but I could've sworn I heard that the 4H sometimes sculpt things...
    Yes and yes.

The 4 Horseman do sculpt extra things.

But there is a mandate against 200X heads. Toy guru said it himself.
    Marzo would have been changed, but it was already too late.
    Whiplash was the figure where TG said "management" didn't want anymore 200X inspired heads. Then he lied that Whiplash was the first figure that had a 200X head incuded. He said the 200x Moss Man head was a modern head.
    Mattel sneaked in a change on Matty restating he comes with his modern head.
    I made a screencap before they did that though.

I love this line, but they should really stop lying to fans. If they change the scope during the line, it is fine. Just be honest about it.

They changed a lot of things / descriptions on Matty by the way.
    In the beginnng it was described that this line would celebrate ALL ERAS of Masters of the Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    In the beginnng it was described that this line would celebrate ALL ERAS of Masters of the Universe.
    Considering May offered up POP's Catra, June is bringing us 2002/MYP's The Faceless One & a Pre-Filmation Teela, and July is giving us a vintage styled Clawful, I think they were right. All that's missing is a new NA toy, but we've already been promised one before the end of the year.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Yes, i know.
    What I was trying to say is that they change statements, descriptions, as they go along.
    I also think they could have left the all eras statement on Matty. It justifies figures like Marzo, Faceless, Zodak, Chief as they are chararcters of the 200x Era.
    I am very pleased with those figures by the way.

I also think they call the 200x heads " modern heads" now (Whiplash is also called modern) as some kind of caveat / loophole to give us possible 200x inspired heads in the future. So I do not moan or complain about this on the Matty forum
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; May 25, 2011 at 03:58am.

I also like the silly, random, derailed parts of the show that go off on a tangent, its feels really casual and its what make the the show feel like your down the pub with your mates having a chat.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

did you guys know that they banned marmite in denmark today?! ... why would they do that?! ... i need my weekly marmite fix! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

I have people in Denmark.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I think as long as folks don't get nasty, expressing things you are dissatisfied with is totally the way to go here.
    Definitely agree with your sentiments, but I don't think any of us who posted about their dissatisfaction in this thread were at all petty, as PanMan said earlier.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how to respond when, on one hand, some folks try to paint me as 'flying into a rage', when nothing in any of my posts supports that notion, or when someone simultaneously asks me for evidence to back up my thoughts, but tells the group that there isn't any before I've even had a chance to respond. To me, that seems like no amount of evidence would make a difference. It's pretty depressing.

There is also the mention that Mattel has told the 4H to stop sculpting extra accessories that they aren't going to tool or something to that effect.

So far that point above and the 200X heads are two examples of when Mattel "Management" does step in, despite what the 4H do.

There is also the mention that Mattel has told the 4H to stop sculpting extra accessories that they aren't going to tool or something to that effect.

So far that point above and the 200X heads are two examples of when Mattel "Management" does step in, despite what the 4H do.
    Yes, but the 200x style head is a line directive (that we all know about already so it doesn't need to be mentioned by Eric) and the extra accessories are often a cost issue. I think you are being totally unreasonable if you expect Eric to have to point out that Mattel won't let them do 200x heads and when they sculpt a ton of extra accessories, mean old Mattel is only willing to pay to tool up a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    This was a great episode, I wouldn't want any of the silly parts taken out
    Yeah because that's part of what makes Roast Gooble Dinner FUN ...

For me the mix between informative parts and delightful silliness has been perfect each and every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It means a lot that you guys like the show so much that you wish it could be tailored to your specific interests.
    But everyone on the show is doing what they want to do. Don't expect anything to change.
    Can't you make them a bit longer ? One hour and a half is always over so quickly and we have to wait like a whole week to hear the next episode.

LOL! I want special Roast Gooble Dinners! Special like those old 80's sitcoms, where it's a special episode?!

A Very Special Roast Gooble Dinner but what will they talk about the dangers of sex, drugs, logistics, anime hyperdetail?
    as long as RGD doesn't become like Blossom where every 2 Episodes were a Very Special Blossom I'm cool...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I have people in Denmark.
    ... this kind of behavior just will not be tolerated!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

They said that the 4H themselves chose to stop sculpting extra accessories as they are more often than not unused and the 4H have a full work load currently and don't have spare time to sculpt stuff that is most likely not going to get used.