View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite "Adult" Animated TV Show?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beavis And Butthead!

5 6.58%
  • Ren & Stimpy!

3 3.95%
  • The Simpsons!

10 13.16%
  • Futurama!

10 13.16%
  • King Of The Hill!

1 1.32%
  • South Park!

12 15.79%
  • Family Guy!

18 23.68%
  • American Dad!

2 2.63%
  • The Cleveland Show!

0 0%
  • Other(Please Explain)!

15 19.74%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favorite "Adult" Animated TV Show?

What Is Your Favorite "Adult" Animated TV Show?

What Is Your Favorite "Adult" Animated TV Show?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The Venture Brothers for me. It's got everything I could want in an animated show. Humor, awesome villains, comic book references, nods to various cartoons, movie acknowledgements and gratuitous violence.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Widget
    second for venture brothers, though Archer is a close second.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    BATMAN.

Says it all. But if it's not considered adult enough, then Invasion America comes darn close. And if anyone agrees with me on Batman the Animated Series, I encourage you to begin your post in the exact same way as I did! :o

Family Guy for me!
    "I can usually be found hanging out somewhere between 1980-1989."

Simpsons for me. It manages to be an "adult" show while remaining smart. And it manages to keep some values to it. The Simpsons are a working nuclear family (no pun intended): father works and actually loves his family; the wife is smart and not a ***** and takes care of the family; the son, while a hellchild is in the end a nice kid and usually owns up and helps fix his really BAD shenanagins; the daughter is intelligent; and the baby doesn't have anything wrong with her.

And all the supporting cast are great. And in recent years, I've come to appreciate Ned Flanders alot more. He's often still cast as the over the top Christian who could be made fun of, but he's also written as intelligent and a good person who, despite everything Homer puts him thought, still manages to keep the basic rule of his religion, by loving his neighbor. Had Flanders been written by Mcfarlane, he'd probably be a loudmouthed, drooling, self-rightous moron. I have no problem with atheists, but he's the kind that I hate, who likes to go out of his way to offend and shove it in peoples faces, which makes him just as bad as the extreme conservative Christians who do the same thing.

I'd say anything by Seth McFarlane is at the bottom of my list and least liked. Used to watch Family guy in the first couple of seasons and it was decent. Then it just turned in to pure, sophomoric drivel. There's not a single likeable character. The father's a moron, but an unlikeable dolt with no redeeming qualities, unlike Homer. The mother's written as a nympho. The kid's are throwaway jokes, depending on if you need a dumb character or an unpopular character. The baby has become a gay joke. And the dog is a pompous, annoying douche... truely a Mary Sue of Seth M.

After Simpsons, in order of preference, I also likeKing of the Hill, Futurama, Beavis and Butthead, Venture Brothers, Metalocalypse, Ren and Stimpy (the original on Nick), and Southpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    BATMAN.
    Batman is certainly on the border of being pretty adult, as far as it's themes and writing. It's awesome.
    Last edited by sonofblaine; December 7, 2010 at 06:42am.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

South Park is by far my favorite. A couple of the seasons in the middle didn't do much for me, but overall I've enjoyed. There is usually just one clunker a season for me and they keep it fresh with current topics and doing only 14 episodes a season.

I was into the Simpson for about its first 10 seasons. Then, I grew tired of it and can't really bring myself to watch an episode anymore.

Although I haven't minded their Star Wars spoof specials, Family Guy is nothing more than a bunch of random jokes to me. I've never really cared much for it.

Even though South Park has probably been the most consistent in terms of quality, I gave it to Ren & Stimpy. While it went downhill after creator John Kricfalusi was fired by Nickelodeon(and got even worse when he came back for Spike TV's run), the early stuff had an insane brilliance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    And all the supporting cast are great. And in recent years, I've come to appreciate Ned Flanders alot more. He's often still cast as the over the top Christian who could be made fun of, but he's also written as intelligent and a good person who, despite everything Homer puts him thought, still manages to keep the basic rule of his religion, by loving his neighbor. Had Flanders been written by Mcfarlane, he'd probably be a loudmouthed, drooling, self-rightous moron. I have no problem with atheists, but he's the kind that I hate, who likes to go out of his way to offend and show it in peoples faces, which makes him just as bad as the extreme conservative Christians who do the same thing.

I'd say anything by Seth McFarlane is at the bottom of my list and least liked. Used to watch Family guy in the first couple of seasons and it was decent. Then it just turned in to pure, sophomoric drivel. There's not a single likeable character. The father's a moron, but an unlikeable dolt with no redeeming qualities, unlike Homer. The mother's written as a nympho. The kid's are throwaway jokes, depending on if you need a dumb character or an unpopular character. The baby has become a gay joke. And the dog is a pompous, annoying douche... truely a Mary Sue of Seth M.
    While I still occasionally watch McFarlane's toons and find the shows laugh out loud funny at times(and other times cringe inducingly bad), I agree with you about the characters & McFarlane being unlikable. Even South Park shows some heart now & again while Family Guy, for instance, is just full of vile characters doing vile things. I also find extreme liberals like McFarlane(I'm left leaning on a few issues as well but I'd never call myself a Liberal or a Conservative) as unlikable & self righteous as the religious right.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 9, 2010 at 07:00am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

This is my list cause I CAN'T chose just 1 that is my favorite.

Futurama
    South Park
    Family Guy
    The Cleveland Show
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy are all great, but my favorite NEW show is... REGULAR SHOW!!! It's got everything, but sadly it's only 15 minutes long!!
    Great B/S/T'ers: iceman51880, Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .Org Feedback Thread
    My .Org Marketplace Feedback

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Beavis and Butt-Head for me. Ren and Stimpy is up there as well. Simpsons ruined itself to me. South Park is hit or miss to me, mostly miss. I hate Futurama, Family Guy, and all the other stuff.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The Venture Brothers for me. It's got everything I could want in an animated show. Humor, awesome villains, comic book references, nods to various cartoons, movie acknowledgements and gratuitous violence.
    Took the words right out man, Venture Bros is the best show for all those reasons and more. Voice acting is just top notch, character designs are great, the animation quality has gotten better with each season and the characters grow and develop as the show progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Even though South Park has probably been the most consistent in terms of quality, I gave it to Ren & Stimpy. While it went downhill after creator John Kricfalusi was fired by Nickelodeon(and got even worse when he came back for Spike TV's run), the early stuff had an insane brilliance to it.

While I still occasionally watch McFarlane's toons and find the show laugh out loud funny at times(and other times cringe inducingly bad), I agree with you about the characters & McFarlane being unlikable. Even South Park shows some heart now & again while Family Guy is just full of vile characters doing vile things. I also find extreme liberals like McFarlane(I'm left leaning on a few issues as well but I'd never call myself a Liberal or a Conservative) as unlikable & self righteous as the religious right.
    Agreed. While South Park can be really blue and have 12 year old humor, every episode is tied together by a pretty important message that it conveys extremely well. Family Guy's characters never learn anything at the end. It's 30 minutes of moving colors that pertain to sex and poop, and occasionally have some funny cutaway reference. And yeah, I'm on the fence, leaning toward the left, and I don't care for extremists of either side.

Family Guy and Sealab 2021

I dislike all the other shows on the list except maybe The Simpsons.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 60 - Ten Year Anniversary of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    With the exception of Family Guy (which imo hasn't been good since season 4) I enjoy all of these shows, however, Futurama wins by a landslide. It's hilarious and I can get emotionally invested in the characters. I can't really say that about most of the shows on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    With the exception of Family Guy (which imo hasn't been good since season 4) I enjoy all of these shows, however, Futurama wins by a landslide. It's hilarious and I can get emotionally invested in the characters. I can't really say that about most of the shows on the list.
    Agreed. I'm surprised at how well written Futurama is sometimes. It's definite favorite as well.

Also forgot Robot Chicken. Sometimes there's a pretty eye-rollingly immature joke in there (usually the sex stuff like Teela or Jem as nymphos or crackwhores), but there's also alot of really hilarious stuff as well.

Also loved Cartoon Planet and Space Ghost Coast to Coast. But after that, alot of the "Old cartoon-new stories" weren't that good. Birdman was OK in the beginning and I never liked Sealab. I've found that a good rule of thumb is that alot of Adult Swim's original content is too immature or randomly dumb for me. Same with Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I gave it a chance.... I even watched it high and didn't think it was funny (Though I do kinda like that mad scientist guy that seem to pop up on it - "Behold! CORN!")

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    Also forgot Robot Chicken. Sometimes there's a pretty eye-rollingly immature joke in there (usually the sex stuff like Teela or Jem as nymphos or crackwhores), but there's also alot of really hilarious stuff as well.

Also loved Cartoon Planet and Space Ghost Coast to Coast. But after that, alot of the "Old cartoon-new stories" weren't that good. Birdman was OK in the beginning and I never liked Sealab. I've found that a good rule of thumb is that alot of Adult Swim's original content is too immature or randomly dumb for me. Same with Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I gave it a chance.... I even watched it high and didn't think it was funny (Though I do kinda like that mad scientist guy that seem to pop up on it - "Behold! CORN!")
    While I have seen bits & pieces of Space Ghost, Robot Chicken, Boondocks, and Aquateen Hunger Force, the only reason I didn't mention any Cartoon Network/Adult Swim shows is due to the fact that I don't watch them. While I may eventually give Venture Brothers a chance since friends of mine have said how great it is, most of the other stuff seem like toons made for teens, stoners, or those who like "shocking" toons just so they can say how "edgy" they are.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 7, 2010 at 01:06pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Futurama baby!
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Heroic Warrior
    Futurama
    Ren and Stimpy
    South Park
    Drawn Together
    The Simpsons
    Family Guy

in that order

BATMAN.

Gotta agree with Predabot on this one.
    I find I appreciate the Animated Series far more as an adult than I did as a kid.

I also love Futurama and The Simpsons.

Other(Please Explain)!...

Frisky Dingo, it ended too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    BATMAN.

Says it all. But if it's not considered adult enough, then Invasion America comes darn close. And if anyone agrees with me on Batman the Animated Series, I encourage you to begin your post in the exact same way as I did! :o
    Oh YEAH!!!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

South Park by far, I can't even watch The Simpsons anymore.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I'd go with Archer, followed very closely by Venture Bros.

I'd have to go with Futurama, I just love Bender!!