View Poll Results: Do you plan on buying a Nintendo Switch?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

8 36.36%
  • No!

11 50.00%
  • Undecided...

3 13.64%

Thread: Do you plan on buying a Nintendo Switch?

Do you plan on buying a Nintendo Switch?

Well, Super Bowl LI has come and gone, and with it we discovered the release date of the Nintendo Switch during one of the commercial breaks. The release day is March 4th, and really, it is approaching quickly!

So, are you planning on buying a Nintendo Switch?

This question doesn't necessarily mean buying a Switch on day one, but sometime in the first year from the debut...

Super Bowl LI Ad
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Yes. I got one pre ordered. I hope the system arrive on 3-3-17.

Heroic Warrior
    Whats the big deal ? Where is the originality ?

This just looks to be 3DS that attaches to a console . I have multiple consoles and multiple hand held games . Sure they dont stick to each other but I never lost sleep over that concept before.

I'm torn. I want one but not thrilled about start up cost when you factor in buying a pro controller. Plus I was hoping for more than just gaming with this system.

But...you know there will be a handful of games that are going to be outstanding that you won't be able to play otherwise.

By march I'll either be waiting for this or have bought myself a PS4.

I think the biggest upset of the switch is the lack of launch titles, the only game I'm interested in is Zelda.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

I kinda wanted to originally, I thought it was a fun concept, but I was hoping it would be less expensive. $300 is a lot for a console of this kind. My main draw is that I'd be able to play more engaging games on the go. Especially on planes. Mobile games are just not engaging enough for me. But if I could take my Skyrim, that I play at home, and just continue on a long flight, that would make that flight pass so quickly. I'm just not sure that benefit is worth 300 bucks. 200 - sure. 250 - maaaybe. But not 300.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm getting it day 1. I have mine reserved for in-store pick up at Best Buy. I'm actually happy with the timing of the launch, as by the time it comes out, my wife and I will have our tax return deposited in our checking account (I just did our taxes last week after we got all of our documents in the mail. I had already picked up Turbo Tax). We typically get a decent return - this year is no exception - and so even after buying the system, a couple of games, and some accessories like the pro controller, we'll still have a good amount left over.

I'm a big fan of Nintendo overall. While I wouldn't want Nintendo's systems to be the only systems that I own (I also have Xbox One and PS4), I'm looking forward to this.

Despite it's poor sales, I actually like the Wii U a lot. The Gamepad concept was awesome to be since it meant I didn't have to use a TV to play the games. While playing on a TV is preferable and optimal, it's nice having the option to play directly on the gamepad. The problem was that you still had to be within a certain distance of the console, itself, so you were still somewhat "tethered" to it.

Now with the switch the "gamepad" IS the console, so it's fully portable and works as a console when docked. I love that option. Now, even if this was just a straight console with no portability at all, I would still buy it since I'm a fan of Nintendo and their games. But the fact that this option exists is nice as well.

The launch line up is a little lackluster, but that's often the case with most console launch line ups (IMO the PS4 launch line up wasn't all that impressive, for example). I am getting Zelda and Bomberman at launch, so it's not terrible IMO. And more games will be coming out down the road.

I understand some people's reservations on the cost of the system. One thing that I think Nintendo should eventually do (it would be a good idea come the Christmas season later this year) is offer some kind of "portable pack-out" that removes the docking station and maybe the handle thing that the joy-cons slide into to make them into one regular, separate controller, and offer it for around $200.

That would lower the start up cost, while not fully eliminating the option to eventually use the console on a TV since those items are still sold separately.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope, not buying a Switch.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Without a doubt!

I am a self-professed Nintendork... NO other company can come close to the catalogue of IP's that Nintendo has.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Nope, at least not anytime soon. Way too pricey for what it's offering. If it's anything like the Wii U, it's going to be at least a couple of years before there are even a few must-haves, and from the looks of it, there isn't a lot going on with it for the first year, so I can save my money.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    So, are you planning on buying a Nintendo Switch?
    Maybe "in a movie year"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This question doesn't necessarily mean buying a Switch on day one, but sometime in the first year from the debut...
    Definitely not. I've never, ever bought a device during its debut year—let alone on day one!

First of all, because just-released devices are prone to be riddled with bugs, failures, instabilities... due to companies working on predefined release-date schedules based on commercial considerations, rather than stuff being released when it's truly become mature for release (same as with shiny new 1.0 software—unadvisable to install until several minor/bugfix-releases later, when the initially hurried-out thing starts to become stabilized). Look at what happened to all those who hurried to buy themselves a shiny new Note 7...

But also, this absurd craze to have the latest of the latest as soon as it comes out, while quickly discarding the (plannedly) "obsolete" one that had just came out before, is not for me (and I think it's a very pernicious trend for the planet, with all the enormous amount of e-waste this attitude and mentality is generating ).

I'm still on the Wii and PS3 (and PS2!). Many great PS3 games are now at very affordable pricepoints, whereas they were ridiculously overpriced when they had just come out.

Some day, I will upgrade to PS4. And then... who knows, if the Switch becomes established (something the Wii U hasn't managed), and it's price significantly diminished...
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I will be. No way I can pass up or wait to play "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild".
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Yes, but probably not until later in the year.

Nope, I may get PS 4 Pro eventually (1 year from now probably )
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Yes but not till this summer. Plan on picking it up for my oldest son's birthday.