View Poll Results: Do you know who Mr. T is?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course, he is a cool dude.

39 60.00%
  • What do you mean "I pitty da fool?"???

10 15.38%
  • Yes, and mohawks are awesome!!!!!!

16 24.62%

Thread: Do you know who Mr T. is?

Evil Master of Warcraft

Do you know who Mr T. is?

I've been wanting to get a mohawk for a while just for the heck of it. However my boss won't let me. So, I have to go to New Mexico next week for work and I told my boss that I should get one so I can fit in with the indians. Well, he still won't let me but the next thing shocked me...

We have a 18 year girl who comes in the office in the afternoons for an hour or so after high school to do filing and stuff for us. I told her that mohawks were back in style and what would she think of it. She said "when were they ever in style?" I said Mr. T has always sported the mohawk. She had no clue who Mr. T was. I mentioned Rocky III, A-Team, scooby doo, all that stuff and still did not ring a bell. I don't know if she has lived a sheltered life or what, but it did bring up a good point. People <18....should they know him?

I'm sure most of us do, but if you have younger kids...ask them please. I told her I was going to find out if she was the only person on the planet that doesn't know him.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Hello there, GeologyMule!

I certainly know who Mr T is.

However, I think I kind of relate to this in a way. I remember when the 2002 "MotU" line came out, Australia only received a couple of waves, but when I went and asked some of the young staff at Toys R Us if they had any "MotU" figures, they said they did and took me straight to the "Star Wars" section.

I really felt old. Maybe, the younger more sheltered people do not know who Mr T is. I pit those fools. lol

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

All around awesome guy sirdanimal's Avatar
    I pity the fool that doesn't know of him. He also had a show on TVLand last year.
    "You're killing me, Smalls!"
    "I'm on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen!"

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    She was born in 1989 or 90 so it doesn't surprise me at all. This happens all the time where I work. A bunch of us will be sitting around talking about something from the past that most of us consider to be common knowledge and then we realize that some of the newer employees have absolutely no idea what we are talking about. Most recently was an 18 year old guy who just couldn't fathom the idea that Michael Jackson was ever any good or liked by as many people as he was in the early '80s. To him, MJ has always been some screwed up, sick, child molester and nothing more.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Mr. T is cool, but Mr. T of "The Letter People" is cooler.

And Sleeper's right...ya gotta remember, some "kids" out there don't even know what a record is---as in a record album.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I sure do! And Howling Mad Murdock too!

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanimal View Post
    I pity the fool that doesn't know of him.
    DAMN YOU!! ^^ You stole my line...

And I most definitely Pity the Fool, that doesn't!!

I Pity The Fool who doesn't remember this cartoon!
    Formerly known as wrestling fanatic

Mister T is the greatest! I loved his as BA, in the Cartoon, as Clubber Lang... He just rocks. And he taught us all the important things in life, like respecting our mother...

How to dress (because if we don't wear clothes, we "get arrested" )...

And how to Be Somebody!

Now quit yo' jibba Jabba and get a mohawk, foo'!!
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I pity that Croc... he never truly had a chance...

I want to run heroic MrT for that really nice trink off the 3rd boss.

Most will not know what I just said. But I know GeologyMule knows what it means.

I just watched DC Cab the other day, he did pretty good in that too.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    I want to run heroic MrT for that really nice trink off the 3rd boss.

Most will not know what I just said. But I know GeologyMule knows what it means.
    Yup, I do.

For those that don't, in warcraft people looking for a group for the Mana Tombs instance will post in the chat "LFG MT". The last patch they added a new instance called Magister's Terrace. So, for those looking for a group for there if they posted "LFG MT" it could be taken for Mana Tombs or Magister's Terrace. So, to prevent confusion, Magister's Terrace is now deemed "MrT" in trade chat.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I pity the fool who doesn't remember Mr. T!
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

Sometimes you gotta dance with the Devil, but when you do, don't let him lead.

I coach a high school track team and one day I wore a Justice League shirt, and other than Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, they had no idea who any of the others were, including Batgirl, Captain Marvel, Hawkman, Firestorm, Plastic Man, Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr, and some others I probably can't think of off the top of my head...Hawkgirl perhaps. I guess those aren't really characters a lot of people know, but to top it off, none of them except maybe 2 know who He-Man is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    I pity the fool who doesn't remember Mr. T!

Hey! That's MY line!

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    She had no clue who Mr. T was. I mentioned Rocky III, A-Team, scooby doo, all that stuff and still did not ring a bell.
    Scooby Doo and Mr. T? I don't get the connection.

God looking at those Mr. T music videos *shiver* thank god the 80's are over

I love this "T" ad:
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

Between Mr. T and Chuck Liddel, Mohawks rule!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Living in Laker Village Uncle Dorko's Avatar
    I love "The A-Team" more than anyone born 1990 has a right to.
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." - Dr. Richard Dawkins

Co-Creator of the NV
    This thread is really begging for a parody thread entitled, "Do you really know who Mr. T is?" that goes into metaphysical concepts like 'can one really know one's self' and 'is it possible to truly know another?'

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    This thread is really begging for a parody thread entitled, "Do you really know who Mr. T is?" that goes into metaphysical concepts like 'can one really know one's self' and 'is it possible to truly know another?'

I truly wonder where you draw that conclusion from..

As to the original question itself, I am afraid I am not very familiar with Mr.T (his face does ring a bell but that's pretty much it) maybe because he was never that big around here. However, if it makes you guys feel any better, my mom says she knows him..
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidliz View Post
    As to the original question itself, I am afraid I am not very familiar with Mr.T (his face does ring a bell but that's pretty much it) maybe because he was never that big around here.
    "Around here" as in Etheria, eh.
    Horde's clearly banned any knowledge of Mr. T in them there parts.
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

Yes, A-team,Rocky 3 movie, Mr T cartoon,cereal. The list goes on.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

And this:

WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    Of course.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE