Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Movie Mentions! *UPDATES as of 10/15*

I can not believe (yet)how many sites gave this news in these days as something new, tallstar posting that comment of DeVon over a month ago.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    While it is a long way off having a movie it is still a large step towards getting one, in terms of going to the moon, this is building the rocket!
    Actually it's more like having designs for a rocket. And given that this is the early stages of the script process it's more like having a 3 year old's drawing of a rocket. Not something you'd wanna use as an exact blueprint, but the idea is there.

That said, I'm in the wait and see camp. And even then I don't guaranteed to be wowed until I actually see it. I am a Transformers fan and what we got isn't exactly what we wanted either. Bay didn't really do the franchise justice and I don't have faith that a MOTU movie will until after I see it.

Shockwave
    -Maybe transfans are just pessimistic.
    Clarity of thought before rashness of action.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    That said, I'm in the wait and see camp. And even then I don't guaranteed to be wowed until I actually see it. I am a Transformers fan and what we got isn't exactly what we wanted either. Bay didn't really do the franchise justice and I don't have faith that a MOTU movie will until after I see it.

Shockwave
    -Maybe transfans are just pessimistic.
    I am with you. I am a MOTU fan first, but also grew up with Transformers. I was so excited to see a movie made, and then went to see it and was completely let down. All the complicated, boring human elements dragged the movie down for me, but as long as a MOTU movie is based in Eternia, I think we'll be ok on that front.

They also changed the characters too much, by both making them almost unrecognizable and stripping most of them of their personalities. That is what I most fear from a new MOTU movie. It's ok to change the characters, but they have to have something in their core that is the same. Transformers blew that big time. I think Optimus kept some of his core, but the rest just blew.

On Just Jared, Kellan Lutz kinda sorta hints that he's seen the He-Man script.

JJ: What’s on your bucket list as an actor?

KL: A boxing role, a fighting one.

JJ: Are you seeing scripts that are in those genres?

KL: Yeah, the one that Tom Hardy just did (Warrior) I read that script and fell in love with it. I would love to do He-man, he was a childhood favorite.

JJ: It’s time for that to get revamped.

JJ: Who do you want us to cast you alongside on He-man so that we can maybe spark a romance.

KL: Ooo… Who, who, who… We could do Jessica Biel.

JJ: She’s single!

KL: She’s doing her thing! You know what, I would like to meet a lot more people, it’s kind of tough because you only meet the people who you are working with.

JJ: Who should we get to direct He-man? I’m thinking something dark like Guillermo Del Toro.

KL: Guillermo would be amazing actually.
    http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/07...ive-interview/
    Last edited by Tallstar; July 31, 2011 at 07:14am.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    A funny story .I have Tom hardys buddy came into my store I had a he-man shirt on he asked me what I know about it ,I told him I love the toy line and am a big fan , he was telling me about his buddy that's writing a script for the movie .I passed it off he lent me the script for the worrier movie to read . O man this is so funny I'll ask him for a copy of the he-man script when he comes in . And I thought he was just telling me a bs story

Thanks, Tallstar.

Thatís actually not the first time heís expressed interest in doing He-Man. Itís obviously something heís quite interested in. It seems that he wants a big commercial film with him as the lead. I suppose that's every budding actor's dream.

The only film I've seen him in is the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, although he didn't stick around long enough for me to properly form an opinion on his acting chops.

Writer Comments On He-Man FilmÖ..Briefly

One of the screenwriters, Alex Litvak, also wrote the upcoming 3D version of The Three Musketeers. Anyway, at the premiere he was asked about any upcoming projects and he briefly mentions He-Man. Still, the article is dated from the 8th October, so itís very recent, which means that the film is still ticking away at Sony. Hooray! So thatís something, I suppose :

Filmoria: Are there any other projects youíre working on right now?

Yes, as a matter of face I do. Thereís a movie of mine which is camped right now at Sony, which is called Five Against A Bullet. Itís magnificent seven with bodyguards. I am writing Masters of the Universe, to reboot the old Mattel toy line from the eighties, like Skeletor and He-Man also. So Iím doing that right now for Sony. And Iím doing something for Fox which I canít quite tell you what it is, but itís another classic title of literature reimagined for today, kind of a big Sci-fi action adventure.
    http://www.filmoria.co.uk/2011/10/th...ve-interviews/

Yay! It's great to hear an update.

Hooray!

wow They are working on the script as 18 months ago. is it record?
    MOTULA.ORG

Rewrites are very common. He’s obviously just doing yet another draft of many previous ones, which is no doubt a result of Sony and Mattel’s collaboration. The only thing I can think of is that Sony obviously haven’t fully committed to the project yet, which is to be expected. However, they are clearly still interested.

I remember one of the producers commented that they expected an update of the script within one to six months.

I have great faith this movie will be realized , I still remember the excitement of devon franklin
    MOTULA.ORG

DeVon is back! Start at 5:50 if you don't feel like watching the whole video.

Absolutely fantastic, Tallstar. Thank you! Once again, it’s so refreshing to hear the VP of the studio talking so highly about MOTU, even mentioning how it was the biggest toy brand of the 80s. It was only dated a couple of days ago, which is great. I like that he says they’re hoping to get it into production soon. Fingers crossed!

Do you think they already have a director? It’s possible that they have one already, but that no official announcement has been made yet. Either way, I hope they pick the right filmmaker for this.

wow he is a motu-fan .
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior
    Finally a solid piece of encouraging news!!!!!!! This is Great!

the combination is great, vice president of Sony and preacher.

Here we call him Sant DeVon.
    MOTULA.ORG

I think there is good reason to have hope for this movie, I think all the rewrites are a good thing as I simply did not like some of the ideas for the script (A Masters of the Universe movie without He-Man being an actual character) so if the same writers are still working on it I'm glad to know that things are being changed for the script.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

I'm actually glad Sony is making this because WB took so long to do anything with the property; Even if it takes a year, untill SDCC '12, to see a teaser poster then it's well worth the wait to have the script re-written and re-done.
    Good Journey!

PLEASE REMEMBER!!!!

This forum is about the upcoming movie, which we all hope is made in the near future. Any other posts referring to stories, storyboards, fan videos etc are to be placed in the FAN FICTION FORUM.

Thank you

Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    very encouraging indeed!

Finally some good news. I like this guy, he's all about not selling out on what you stand for, which gives me hope that the movie won't end up like Transformers or GI Joe.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

New DeVon Franklin Tweet

Well, this is a bit of luck. I haven't been to Mr. Franklin's Twitter account for ages and today I just randomly decided to check it out. What do I find near the top? Someone basically just asked him how MOTU is coming along and this is what he said:

coming great! Jon Chu is on board working on the script. Saw some character renderings that are amazing. I'm very excited!
    Sounds like everything is going well. We should actually start to hear a bit more as March rolls around the corner, what with GI Joe 2 coming out, Jon Chu will obviously be participating in a lot of interviews. I'm sure many people will ask him about MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Well, this is a bit of luck. I haven't been to Mr. Franklin's Twitter account for ages and today I just randomly decided to check it out. What do I find near the top? Someone basically just asked him how MOTU is coming along and this is what he said:
    Coolness.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

That is definitely good news.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.