Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Movie Mentions! *UPDATES as of 10/15*

awesome news! ...

thanks tallstar ...

i really really hope these guys get it right ... please don't mess it up! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Great finds! I hope they are fans of Roast Gooble and are inspired from their suggestions to help make a great film!

Great news!!
    Thank you Tallstar!

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    about DeVon Franklin, How old is this guy? it seems he was a child in the 80's, he-man generation.
    Don't know how old he is, but according to his Facebook page, he's not only a Hollywood executive but also a preacher!

That must be THE most awesome job combination I've ever heard of!

PLUS he wrote a book called 'Produced by Faith'. Wow. Both jobs in the title, right there.

(Unless of course I saw some other guy's Facebook page who's also Hollywood executive and named DeVon Franklin. In that case ignore this)

If youíre a He-Man fan from the 80s, then youíre going to love it. We have a great team of writers who are putting together an amazing story, and itís a project that Iím very excited about because it will take advantage of all the new technology that is available today. Itís a world that lends itself to 3-D.
    I can settle down with this...

I just hope they do the franchise justice!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I'm guessing DeVon Franklin is probably in his early to mid 30s. He mentioned that he started interning at 18 and has been involved in the industry for around 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
    Don't know how old he is, but according to his Facebook page, he's not only a Hollywood executive but also a preacher!

That must be THE most awesome job combination I've ever heard of!

PLUS he wrote a book called 'Produced by Faith'. Wow. Both jobs in the title, right there.

(Unless of course I saw some other guy's Facebook page who's also Hollywood executive and named DeVon Franklin. In that case ignore this)
    wow that combination is wow

Originally Posted by tallstar

I'm guessing DeVon Franklin is probably in his early to mid 30s. He mentioned that he started interning at 18 and has been involved in the industry for around 15 years.
    definitely he was a child in the 80's

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    you should to believe before that, in a project like this , the shooting happens Many months later, first is the pre-production which lasts about 8 o 9 months.
    why should i, the brand is already at its second studio has had a bunch of people connected and all have left.

sorry but having a script means nothing in hollywood.

like most of these i'll get excited when we get a cast and start shooting until then it means little to nothing
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Awesome updates. Thanks for getting the scoop, Tallstar, you continue to amaze and impress!

(I always think of you when my wife and I watch The Voice.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

he's a brotha! gives me hope for clamp Champ in the movie! reading some of his tweets I like his philosophy, I'm going to have faith that this movie will rock! Plus in his interview he said "If you were a fan back in the 80s, you're going to LOVE this movie" words like that make me think "no chrome domed skeletor, no soldier from earth and a transformation sequence! I could be wrong but I'm going to be Mr Positivity!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Awesome updates. Thanks for getting the scoop, Tallstar, you continue to amaze and impress!

(I always think of you when my wife and I watch The Voice.)
    Why thank you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    DeVon Franklin responded on Twitter:
    Cheers, Tallstar! I like the second answer. If anyone else here uses Twitter, bug him as well.

This guy is very young to be in the position that heís in. When we think of all the big-wigs who decide which films to kill off and which films to move forward the popular image is of an old geezer whose thirty years passed his sell-by-date. Maybe this guy, because heís young, can see the potential in such a property?

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    why should i, the brand is already at its second studio has had a bunch of people connected and all have left.

sorry but having a script means nothing in hollywood.

like most of these i'll get excited when we get a cast and start shooting until then it means little to nothing
    pre-production is after the acceptance of the script.
    pre-production = casting, preparation of all designs , of visual effects and costumes and makeup and set design etc, etc.
    I think you should start believing there , with the confirmation of the movie
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; May 26, 2011 at 09:56pm.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Yeah, well... H-E, I'm afraid I'm 100% with Ultimate E on this one. A script means litterally nothing, in Hollywood. Heck, a movie can be cancelled even when final productions of concepts, storyboarding and the like has begun.

I believe, for instance, that Thundercats were cancelled very late in the game.

H*ll, look at something like John Carter of Mars, which has had MANY of these almosts, and all were cancelled late in the game. It can take a loong, long time before we see a movie.

I think we all really, really want a movie, but we really need to not hold our breaths too hard, and get too excited about this, because it can crumble apart at any second underneath us.

Stay frosty, marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Yeah, well... H-E, I'm afraid I'm 100% with Ultimate E on this one. A script means litterally nothing, in Hollywood. Heck, a movie can be cancelled even when final productions of concepts, storyboarding and the like has begun.

I believe, for instance, that Thundercats were cancelled very late in the game.

H*ll, look at something like John Carter of Mars, which has had MANY of these almosts, and all were cancelled late in the game. It can take a loong, long time before we see a movie.

I think we all really, really want a movie, but we really need to not hold our breaths too hard, and get too excited about this, because it can crumble apart at any second underneath us.

Stay frosty, marines.
    Of course, weíre not saying that itís a done deal and that the film is definitely going to get made at Sony. But, it is very good to hear the vice president of the studio speaking about it so positively. And very recently, I might add.

Many believed this project was dead and after these latest statements, we see this project is alive and it seems that Sony believes that project has great potential, for that reason we are excited.
    i think we will have news about it in the SDCC

MOTU mention starting @ 4:27

A little treat for you guys...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    MOTU mention starting @ 4:27

A little treat for you guys...LOL

Talk about saving the best for last!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

i love this guy !!!
    he definitely want a motu film . since today he is "saint DeVon"

He's cute. So easy on the eyes.

Well, we'll wait and see what happens.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Yeah, he most definitely sounds excited about it. This certainly increases the chances of a movie finally coming to be.

i love this guy !!!
    he definitely want a motu film . since today he is "saint DeVon"
    I dig him too! he seems to be REALLY pushing for MOTU because all the stuff I'm seeing he's mentioning it! he seems to want it as bad as us!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

That's awesome! He definitely seems excited about it. And maybe the best part aside from his obvious enthusiasm is the fact that of the three films he mentioned (one of which was just released), MOTU was one of them. I like what I'm hearing so far. Can't wait for SDCC
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Tallstar strikes again! Cheers! He sounds very positive. I hope he's truthful when he says he can't wait to start production on it.