Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Movie Mentions! *UPDATES as of 10/15*

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    DeVon Franklin sounds genuinely psyched about the movie! Fingers crossed.

LMAO regarding those hysterical Deception of a Generation videos! I have to watch the rest of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post

Is the one that got rejected the one that was written by that Predators guy (with the magic versus technology angle, He-Man without muscles and a spiritual transformation) ?
    No This was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm guessing DeVon Franklin is probably in his early to mid 30s. He mentioned that he started interning at 18 and has been involved in the industry for around 15 years.

Try mid to LATE 30's... and a whole lot of botox...

Always add 5 years to Hollywood workers' bios.

started interning at 18? Surrrrre... try 22/23.
    Last edited by bcrduke; June 6, 2011 at 07:12pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    No This was new.

I'm 36 I look the same as mr. franklin, no botox, some of us age without showing it much.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

No This was new.
    The duo who wrote Predators are the only writers, as far as we know, who are working with Sony on MOTU. It’s been that way for over a year now.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of the Justin Marks script when the rights were at WB?

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    saint DeVon is different from saint Phillips
    You have a responsibility as a parent to stop the children from having these toys and watching these cartoons.
    Just watched all the videos on here. Guess I've failed in my attempt to win the Parent of the Year award.

Does his striking me down with that sword count as dishonoring me as his father?

If He-Man has more power than Jesus, what does this say about my son? I'm assuming it's something like, "He-Man! NOM! NOM! NOM!"

Loved watching these videos by the way. I guess I'm responsible for spreading this occult stuff to the children in my family, too.

As far as the new movie goes, I'm not going to hold my breath until I see an actor in a He-Man costume. Scripts and projects can fall through so easily it's like watching a "toughness comparison" between Brawny paper towels and "the leading brand." I'm sure everyone knows about this, but I think it's appropriate to bring it up.

Case in point of movie projects going belly up even in post production: 1994's Fantastic Four! And this even had a trailer at the beginning of the direct-to-video Carnosaur. Yeah.

My mother and aunt watched these Deception of a Generation videos (or at least listened to the tapes) at church when I was growing up. I'm surprised I was allowed to watch He-man at all. I distinctly remember my mom telling me I couldn't watch them anymore due to the magic and occult involved in the show (especially the demon inside the castle that gave He-man his power). Luckily I was a smart young lad and convinced her that the Power of Greyskull was knowledge, not magic. She went for it. But that kind of thinking played a big role in my childhood. And in my teenage years, it extended from cartoons to rock and roll (and there were videos associated with that too).

I hope we get a movie sooner rather than later. From looking back at the history of comic book/sci-fi/fantasy entertainment, I wonder how long we'll be in a period where comic book type movies are received favorably by the mainstream. I hope the He-man movie isn't too late this time like it was the first time.

I'd like a darker toned movie, but would be happy if they leave the camp and kiddie stuff out. I don't need a transformation sequence, but do want to see the villains portrayed as a viable threat this time around. And I'd like to see the story progress beyond what we already know. I feel like we've been hanging story-wise since the eighties. MYP was a good start, but got cancelled before it really got anywhere for me.

God sent you this response. Starting @ 5:22

He's in his Jesus year. Perhaps this is a good omen for the MOTU movie?

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    He's in his Jesus year. Perhaps this is a good omen for the MOTU movie?
    I'm ready for DeVon to lead the MOTU-ites to the Promised Land.

Having him on this project makes me think he'll ensure the movie has a responsible uplifting sort of message behind it... sort of like a modern-day Lou Scheimer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm ready for DeVon to lead the MOTU-ites to the Promised Land.

Having him on this project makes me think he'll ensure the movie has a responsible uplifting sort of message behind it... sort of like a modern-day Lou Scheimer.
    maybe the movie has a moral at the end.
    in Today history....

I think an ending moral would actually be neat either after the credits finished rolling or as a DVD extra.

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Exciting news!
    That video is... I dont even know what to say.
    me neither, my friends mom got all high and mighty and within a week he wasnt allowed to play with motu stuff, weird, they act more like cultist than anyone else i know of?

I think Jared Hess should direct, if he had a bigger budget and filtered out some of the goofiness in the 'Yeast Lords' segment of his 'Gentlemen Broncos' - he would be my choice to handle a new film on 'He-Man' or 'Flash Gordon'.
    If you haven't already - and, though a fan of the film, I'll admit that it can be a weird movie in places - you need to see 'Gentlemen Broncos'. Look at his fantasy elements. I'm convinced, given a bigger budget, Hess could deliver a movie in the "Original Box Art" style.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

“We have to make films for a lower price point without sacrificing quality,” -Devon Franklin

Soooo he just basicly said we need to make a movie with almost no budget....sounds familiar, Oh wait I remember now 1987 film that lost its budget. Oh Yeah MOTU.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoore View Post
    “We have to make films for a lower price point without sacrificing quality,” -Devon Franklin

Soooo he just basicly said we need to make a movie with almost no budget....sounds familiar, Oh wait I remember now 1987 film that lost its budget. Oh Yeah MOTU.
    I think they will go around 100mill. budget or even less (more likely less, so go figure) but they could still pull it off...

Movie mayhem!
    He should make some counter videos responding to that other guy from the 1980s lol

a motu movie must have a minimum cost of 150 million (as Thor movie) onwards.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

This doesn't sound so good.....

Ten Brands That Will Disappear in 2012
    by Douglas A. McIntyre
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011

1. Sony Pictures

Sony has a studio production arm which has nothing to do with its core businesses of consumer electronics and gaming. Sony bought what was Columbia Tri-Star Picture in 1989 for $3.4 billion. This entertainment operation has done poorly recently. Sony's fiscal year ends in March, and for the period, revenue for the group dropped 15% to $7.2 billion and operating income fell by 10% to $466 million. Sony is in trouble. It lost $3.1 billion in its latest fiscal year on revenue of $86.5 billion. Sony's gaming system group is under siege by Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT - News) and Nintendo. Its consumer electronics group faces an overwhelming challenge from Apple. The company's future prospects have been further damaged by the Japan earthquake and the hack of its large PlayStation Network. CEO Howard Stringer is under pressure to do something to increase the value of Sony's shares. The only valuable asset with which he can easily part is Columbia which would attract interest from a number of large media operations. Sony Entertainment will disappear with the sale of its assets.

Hopefully Sony can change this around....

Reference:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...ppear-2012-247
    "...You Royal Boob!!"

"It's a world that lends itself to 3D..."

What if. What if Hollywood ACTUALLY MADE a movie that was MEANT to be viewed in 3D?

MOTU would be awesome in 3D. That is, if they filmed it with all the fun 3D stuff that can be done. I'm so over all the big Hollywood films showing in 3D when they have no reason to.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by sray2k View Post

by Douglas A. McIntyre
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011

1. Sony Pictures

Sony has a studio production arm which has nothing to do with its core businesses of consumer electronics and gaming. Sony bought what was Columbia Tri-Star Picture in 1989 for $3.4 billion. This entertainment operation has done poorly recently. Sony's fiscal year ends in March, and for the period, revenue for the group dropped 15% to $7.2 billion and operating income fell by 10% to $466 million. Sony is in trouble. It lost $3.1 billion in its latest fiscal year on revenue of $86.5 billion. Sony's gaming system group is under siege by Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT - News) and Nintendo. Its consumer electronics group faces an overwhelming challenge from Apple. The company's future prospects have been further damaged by the Japan earthquake and the hack of its large PlayStation Network. CEO Howard Stringer is under pressure to do something to increase the value of Sony's shares. The only valuable asset with which he can easily part is Columbia which would attract interest from a number of large media operations. Sony Entertainment will disappear with the sale of its assets.

Reference:
    Oh god, that would be just our luck. Just when the film looks as if it’s going to get made…….BAM! Hope this doesn’t come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    The one thing I ask for is that they keep the transformation. I pray this new script sticks to the true spirit of MOTU.
    This is the one thing I need most.

I remember hating how much was dismissed for that 87 film. It's not He-Man without the transformation!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sray2k View Post

by Douglas A. McIntyre
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011

1. Sony Pictures

Reference:

told ya, anything can happen in hollywood, and it looks like the rug though not pulled out yet is starting to slip
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    told ya, anything can happen in hollywood, and it looks like the rug though not pulled out yet is starting to slip
    I don't think this is anything to get to worried about just yet. Sony/Columbia is not broke and far from it. With the Spiderman reboot coming soon that alone will hopefully give some boost to their entertainment business. Lets keep it positive.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    I don't think this is anything to get to worried about just yet. Sony/Columbia is not broke and far from it. With the Spiderman reboot coming soon that alone will hopefully give some boost to their entertainment business. Lets keep it positive.
    one film is not going to save sony as a whole. read the comment it's about the whole of the company losing money from electronics to the game side

sony is bleeding money.

look i want this movie to happen, i'll be on happy fan is in a years/two years time i'm watching skeletor on the big screen. i'm just stick and tired of the ostrich syndrome that seems to be creeping into a lot of discussions on the org, we must be positive or the great mattel gods may take away our right to buy toys

anyone voices an negative or a non praising opinion on the movie/classics or anything then by god you better be prepared to fight fir you're opinion or back down

mick.jeep is not a dig at you, and please do not take it as such its just something that has been building.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Just think, all those franchises they’ve already got (Ghostbusters, Spider-Man, Men in Black), there’s going to be a bidding war for Columbia Pictures. Wouldn't surprise me if Disney buys them just for Spider-Man.

Of course, this is all a little premature. It may not happen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it did. It’s just Sod’s Law. Whoever Sod is, he really has it in for He-Man.

I’m still putting my neck out on the line and saying that there will be a MOTU film within the next four years.