Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Movie Mentions! *UPDATES as of 10/15*

Can it be possible that whenever a new motu movie is close always appears something bad?
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Can it be possible that whenever a new motu movie is close always appears something bad?
    I wouldn’t worry too much about it, honestly. Everyday Sony Pictures is buying rights to make this movie or that movie, so it seems that they feel alright. Yeah, they can’t rely on one film, but business-wise, I don’t think it would be financially viable in the long-term to sell off Sony Pictures and their assets. Spider-Man, Bond 23 and Men in Black 3 next year. All to be sure fire hits.

Anyway, I’ve been doing some research and it appears that this website have got a lot of things pretty wrong in the past. For example, they only got two out of ten of their “predictions” for last year right. One of those was Blockbuster, but let’s be honest, I think a three year old girl could have predicted their collapse.
    Last edited by Krueger; June 23, 2011 at 09:29pm.

If someone buys this company from Sony, I don't think it would make much financial sense for them to scrap all the projects that are currently being worked on. I'm sure some would be abandoned, but there is every chance MOTU would still be made. And who knows, maybe the company that buys Sony will be more capable of getting this film to screen. Let's face it, Sony hasn't really done anything that we know of with it.

Let's just hope DeVon keeps his job IF this sale goes down.

Court Magician
    As Krueger sad this movie will be made within 4 or 5 years. I always kinda expected it will be released in 2015 maybe not by Columbia\Sony (Paramount or Fox - i know they tryed before but still, they can try it again).

hmm I think 4 or 5 years is a long, Sony took this film in 2009 and hired a screenwriter in 2010, If Sony really has an interest ,the film should be released in 2013/2014.
    wait for the comic-con
    MOTULA.ORG

By no means am I an expert on the topic, but if Sony were to put MOTU into production before selling off Columbia, then I would assume the new owner wouldn't be able to scrap the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    By no means am I an expert on the topic, but if Sony were to put MOTU into production before selling off Columbia, then I would assume the new owner wouldn't be able to scrap the movie.
    good point
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    one film is not going to save sony as a whole. read the comment it's about the whole of the company losing money from electronics to the game side

sony is bleeding money.

look i want this movie to happen, i'll be on happy fan is in a years/two years time i'm watching skeletor on the big screen. i'm just stick and tired of the ostrich syndrome that seems to be creeping into a lot of discussions on the org, we must be positive or the great mattel gods may take away our right to buy toys

anyone voices an negative or a non praising opinion on the movie/classics or anything then by god you better be prepared to fight fir you're opinion or back down

mick.jeep is not a dig at you, and please do not take it as such its just something that has been building.
    First of all lets get something straight. We are talking about a company (Sony) that has a net worth that is in the neighborhood of 40 billion dollars and a movie studio that is in the top 5 out of 12 that are ranked in terms of the market share and earnings. So to say that Sony is bleeding money, becauce of one quarterly report. I for one am not buying it. Has Sony had a bad decade, yes, But in this current economy which company hasnt. Does Sony need to get its priorities straight yes. But for chicken little to say the sky is falling, is completely incorrect. I think unless we see an economic castrophy Sony will still be here in 25 or 30 years, the same houshold name it is today. Thank you. No bad feelings.

I read somewhere that Sony Pictures made ridiculous profits last year. Also, I donít think the author of this article is taking into account that Columbia Pictures has got a huge year ahead of it next year. Bond 23, new Spider-Man and Men in Black 3. All three are sure to bring them vast amounts of money, and not just by the films themselves, particularly in Spider-Man and Men in Black 3's cases. Why would Sony suddenly decide to sell them off? By no means do I know anything about business, but to me that just doesnít make sense. I donít think Sony Pictures is going anywhere anytime soon.

One thing is for sure, and everywhere Iíve read comes to the same conclusion, Sony Pictures needs more Spider-Man-like successes. Thatís where He-Man comes in. Maybe they know this.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    The movie is never going to happen. Hollywood would just ruin it anyways. Knowing that, I'd rather take comfort in it never happening and would rather see a very good MOTU fan film made by people who actually care about the content and quality and not about how many tickets it will sell.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    The movie is never going to happen. Hollywood would just ruin it anyways.
    Not to sound too confrontational, but that's a completely subjective statement that youíre trying to pass off as fact. I have a real problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Not to sound too confrontational, but that's a completely subjective statement that you’re trying to pass off as fact. I have a real problem with that.

So far, the only thing I've ever seen as actual proof that anyone is even working on this MOTU film was that script that hit the net a few years ago entitled 'Grayskull'...........and then there was some announcement that that script was scrapped and was being, yet again, rewritten.

Even if this movie is in the script stage, which it has been since 2006, what is going to keep Mattel from rejecting yet another script.........then another.......then another........then another? Obviously the yahoos who keep getting hired to write a script for an MOTU film never seem to get it if Mattel is just going to keep getting the scripts rejected.

So, yeah, I honestly don't believe this MOTU film is ever going to happen. It's been in script development hell for so many years now and, really, Hollywood is a freaking joke right now when it comes to pretty much all of the films that come out anymore, why would any MOTU fan want to trust an MOTU film in the hands of such schlocky writers??
    (Hordak Alpha))

Court Magician
    [QUOTE=Hordak Alpha;2745436]
    Even if this movie is in the script stage, which it has been since 2006...

I think you forgot Fox (John Woo & Adam Rifkin) so actualy since 2004. But that's not the point the point is that this movie is like 7 years in develeopment (not that much compared to some other projects). I still expect it will happen by the end of 2015...

Transformers is finalizing a series of films, paramount has confirmed a second movie of gi joe, there are new animated series of transformers, gi joe, thundercats and voltron, about about motu ?
    hopefully motu not miss the train.
    MOTULA.ORG

Producer Todd Black told Screen Rant to check back in 1 to 6 months and they should have an update on the status of the movie:

http://screenrant.com/he-man-masters...-pauly-121222/

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    So far, the only thing I've ever seen as actual proof that anyone is even working on this MOTU film was that script that hit the net a few years ago entitled 'Grayskull'...........and then there was some announcement that that script was scrapped and was being, yet again, rewritten.

Even if this movie is in the script stage, which it has been since 2006, what is going to keep Mattel from rejecting yet another script.........then another.......then another........then another? Obviously the yahoos who keep getting hired to write a script for an MOTU film never seem to get it if Mattel is just going to keep getting the scripts rejected.

So, yeah, I honestly don't believe this MOTU film is ever going to happen. It's been in script development hell for so many years now and, really, Hollywood is a freaking joke right now when it comes to pretty much all of the films that come out anymore, why would any MOTU fan want to trust an MOTU film in the hands of such schlocky writers??
    Weíll see. Things are still ticking. The rights are with Sony, the vice president of the studio spoke as early as the end of last month to say about how things are moving forward and that heís awaiting a rewrite. Again, when the film getís made (whoever the studio is), whether or not you like it is up to you. Iím sure some will loathe it, and Iím sure some will love it. I just have a problem when people make up their minds to hate it no matter what before anything has even been done. Their preconceptions always win out in the end, even if the film isnít actually that bad.

But to say that ďmodern HollywoodĒ is rubbish is just misguided, IMO. Hollywood, like it or not, has actually always been the same. Rubbish films used to get made before the 21st century, too. You get little gems every now and then just like you used to, itís just that now people choose to focus on the crap more.

Producer Todd Black told Screen Rant to check back in 1 to 6 months and they should have an update on the status of the movie:

Cool to know, thanks. That is an incredibly long time to be working on a script, but I assume they mean multiple drafts. They havenít actually got the quote from the producer, though, which is rather odd.
    Last edited by Krueger; June 27, 2011 at 06:01pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

More information.

Devon Franklin did a recent interview with Christian Broadcasting Network:

Upcoming projectsÖ

Franklin: I'm working on a reboot of the Masters of the Universe franchise. You know, He-Men from back in the 80s. So I'm excited about that. That's going to be a monster. We're working on that script and Iím believing weíll have a script this summer that weíll be able to start trying to put together.
    http://www.cbn.com/entertainment/boo...s-goodwyn.aspx

good data tallstar.

hopefully this summer confirm this project.

wow this project is like giving birth (or rather three at once)
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    good data tallstar.

hopefully this summer confirm this project.

wow this project is like giving birth (or rather three at once)
    Its tough, isnít it? Transformers nor G.I. Joe fans didnít have to suffer like this. Hell, even Battleship fans. It does look like its sloooooooowly moving along.

20 months working on the script? wow I wonder if they're making a complete tirlogia.

I feel that Sony has a great interest in motu, I think they should think that motu has great potential, as if they have gold in their hands.
    MOTULA.ORG

Sounds so promising. When it comes to ANYTHING new to do with MOTU it is always "1 to 6 months" yet, when it came to the new Voltron and Thundercats properties, we got a teaser almost right away. MOTU, we're always in the dark forever.

Krueger

Weíll see. Things are still ticking. The rights are with Sony, the vice president of the studio spoke as early as the end of last month to say about how things are moving forward and that heís awaiting a rewrite.

This would be script re-write No. 5,1090909320999.7, right?

Again, when the film getís made (whoever the studio is), whether or not you like it is up to you. Iím sure some will loathe it, and Iím sure some will love it. I just have a problem when people make up their minds to hate it no matter what before anything has even been done. Their preconceptions always win out in the end, even if the film isnít actually that bad.

I've only made up my mind because of the long wait and the problem that seems to exist to adapting MOTU into a feature film property for the 21st century. Oh, and those art sketches that were supposedly concept art for the new film were godawful. It looked like really, really bad fan art ideas.

But to say that ďmodern HollywoodĒ is rubbish is just misguided, IMO. Hollywood, like it or not, has actually always been the same. Rubbish films used to get made before the 21st century, too. You get little gems every now and then just like you used to, itís just that now people choose to focus on the crap more.

I feel modern hollywood is rubbish because pretty much everything is either a remake of what has come before (and most of them aren't even good remakes) or based on a crap graphic novel, or teen soap nonsense with vampires, werewolves, warlocks and genies. Yes, there are the occasional good films out there, but they appear to keep getting eclipsed by the crap.

I like MOTU too much to see it butchered by modern hollywood. In this day and age, He-Man would potentially be made into a brooding, angst ridden whiny pants who is entrapped in a love triangle between Teela and the other man vying for her affections, Skeletor. PHOOEY!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post

I think you forgot Fox (John Woo & Adam Rifkin)

I forgot that one on purpose.
    Last edited by Hordak Alpha; June 28, 2011 at 12:04am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    (Hordak Alpha))

lol @ all these sites copying the .org

They're so 2000 and late.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-H...cer-25460.html

lol @ all these sites copying the .org

They're so 2000 and late.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/The-H...cer-25460.html
    is incredible, these days many sites put this comment of DeVon that you showed more than a month ago, it is curious the comment you showed the other day is more current and richer than the other one , maybe a month these sites take that comment

Upcoming projects…

Franklin: I'm working on a reboot of the Masters of the Universe franchise. You know, He-Men from back in the 80s. So I'm excited about that. That's going to be a monster. We're working on that script and I’m believing we’ll have a script this summer that we’ll be able to start trying to put together.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 29, 2011 at 12:27pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    sorry but having a script means nothing in hollywood.
    I got to disagree with you a little there man.

While it is a long way off having a movie it is still a large step towards getting one, in terms of going to the moon, this is building the rocket!

Not to mention how excited the VP Devon seems to be about the movie ( rare to hear talk like that from a vp, look at how he mentions other movies)

This is the guy how choose to reboot Spider-man after Spidey 3, he seems to care about propirties. he is also fairly young for a VP and could easily be a he_man fan as a kid. all good signs

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there was this clip on Youtube that I spotted.

Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/