Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for a flocked Filmation Panthor

Support for a flocked Filmation Panthor

Hello people,

What about a flocked Panthor next time? The MOTUC version came with no flock since, if I remember correctly, the FH were worried about their work on the sculpted details to be covered under the fur as TG once stated.

Now that the Filmation line comes with less details anyway, what about flocking a potential Filmation Panthor?

What do you think?
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

I'd be on board. I think that was the main reason I did not buy a panthor originially. I remember looking at him and saying: "unflocked? Thats not panthor."

While I hope those that want him get a flocked MOTUC Panthor at some point, I really do fear that doing this to the FILMation version would really defeat the purpose of that particular line.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    While I hope those that want him get a flocked MOTUC Panthor at some point, I really do fear that doing this to the FILMation version would really defeat the purpose of that particular line.
    If it comes as a giant ball of fur, there is definitely less detail then..should fit perfectly
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Interesting point!
    After all, nothing indicates they'll even bother to bring any mount
    in the sub.
    Now, how about asking MAtty how they feel about the possibility?
    Coz if they intend to, Panthor sure is definitely
    the highest priority if approached/designed this way

Heroic Warrior
    I'm good with the one we got.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I'm in too !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

After seeing how Moss Man was done I DO NOT want Panthor Flocked. All the unflocked gaps for every joint will make it look patchwork and cheap.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

If it's done correctly, then yes, I really want a flocked Panthor. I don't see the need for re-doing either Battle Cat or Pathor in Club Grayskull as both are perfectly fine as they are. But as an out of sub item, I'd pick up a flocked Panthor for sure.

Now, about that Filmation accurate/size appropriate Cringer...
    Filmation style means Filmation stye!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Yes. I need a flocked Panthor!

I would like to finally have a flocked Panthor, but not the Filmation version.
    Simply the one we got in Classics but flocked.

I love the Panthor we have now and would rather see resources go toward other things.

Court Magician
    I would buy him and love to have it. I hope Mattel also makes a mantisor for hordak to ride on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    I would like to finally have a flocked Panthor, but not the Filmation version.
    Simply the one we got in Classics but flocked.
    Same here.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    After seeing how Moss Man was done I DO NOT want Panthor Flocked. All the unflocked gaps for every joint will make it look patchwork and cheap.
    Id have to agree... i dont think it will work, and i would not want a Un-articulated Panthor..so pass for this guy..
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?

I'm not against a flocked Panthor, but the Filmation line is not the place to do it. They're all supposed to look sharp and painted like animation cels and the flocking would be completely out of place there.

Not interested in the least. If releases of previous characters with minor changes simply must happen, they must remain outside the sub. I want new things, not rehashes.

No thank you.
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

I prefer to have a fully articulated Catra panther form and Cringer before a flocked Panthor any time soon.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I prefer to have a fully articulated Catra panther form and Cringer before a flocked Panthor any time soon.
    Yes, and Clawdeen too.....

Totally interested in a flocked Panthor. The best time and place to do this? That's a different question. Filmation probably wouldn't be the best, since the gaps needed for the fur will break the lines up even more and make it look busier. (I guess the gaps in the ankles don't seem to be a problem for some folks though)

Maybe after the CC line is winding down, and the money for new tooling is gone, there could be an SDCC exclusive 2 pack with Skeletor with the Dragonblaster forearms and shins, and a flocked Panthor in an awesome window box with vintage box art. That would be the ****.

If you really wanted to make my year, you could make the paint deco on Skeletor the original Taiwan orange cheek, half boot, purple trunks black belt version I got in 1982.

Pic From Battle Ram Blog By Lich Leech

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    This was one of the main reason they did not flock Panthor, probably moreso than the loss of detail. They'd have to leave large flocking gaps at some of the joints, and, because of the way the Battle Cat body is constructed, some of those gaps would be glaringly obvious. It would look like he had a bad case of mange. It worked on the original and later on the 200X version because the articulation was non-existent or very limited. That's not the case here, so it's not going to look good.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I have zero interest in owning a flocked figure. I didn't buy Moss Man because of it. I do not want a flocked Panthor period, I much prefer it like the one we have, I'd rather see sculpted fur than that crap.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; February 25, 2016 at 10:12am.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Trap Jaw
    Coming.... Classics Vultak
    Wanted.... Classics Masque & Callix?
    Considering....
    Needed....

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

No Thanks. We got Moss-Man Flocked and he would have looked 100% better in just plastic and paint. Moss-Man needs to be released again before they ever get to Panthor.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It worked on the original and later on the 200X version because the articulation was non-existent or very limited. That's not the case here, so it's not going to look good.
    Exactly. How do people propose this would even work?! You're going to have to forego articulation on this one, because he's going to need to be completely covered by the flocking, otherwise it would look totally bizarre.