Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skelecon Arrival thread

Skelecon Arrival thread

I'm sure there will be a thread talking about the Roton, but as I'm a figure guy more than a vehicle guy I wanted to start a thread just to talk about how cool this Skelecon fig. A little bitter sweat for me personally being the last figure that I worked on (and one I'm thrilled Mattel wound up producing right at the tail end here). My only grip is they left out the Para-Skelecon wings that were going to be included to make either version. But maybe S7 will release single carded ones now that the tool is done.

A very cool fig. Uses Oo-Lar arms and legs with Demo Man feet. The knife fits in the scabbard (I think a first for MOTUC?) and the horns move in a circle to point up, down, forward, but not back through time.

Nice paint opps, nice sculpting. Another out of the park for the Horsemen.

And with that, my MOTUC time is at an end. It was a blast. Glad to have what I really feel is a complete collection. I hope their is enough fan support to keep things going at S7 and wish the the best of luck. And I REALLY look forward to what MOTUC is like without me being involved. It will be nice to be a fan again!

Skelecon is one of those really unknown beyond Germany types, that are cool to have surfaced. I guess whoever invented them just felt Skeletor needs troops that look like him, so more creatures with blue skin and skull. It sort of ties to first MOTU comics where Skeletor was his own race, and in that canon these could be more of his race... if the race is just creatures with blue skin and skull head.

I suppose skeletor having slimepit bone monster and skeleton warriors are next, if S7 gets to them. Its interesting Skeletor troops really has many times had the bone theme going (or robots Filmations and movie), but nothing has really stick beyond one series. Maybe its matter that nothing has been enough unique or iconic yet? I do not have answer, but I could see Skelecon theme of bone warriors expanded with Slimepit monster or skeleton warriors too... would all sort fit together?

Also pretty flawless action figure form compared to the source, without having total redesign, I think its best possible outcome in design.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The knife fits in the scabbard (I think a first for MOTUC?)
    Moss Man had one. Still, you worked on hundreds of MOTUC figures so I think you can be forgiven for forgetting that.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Lodar, Masks of Power Demons (2-pack), Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, NA Vintage line completed.

Good call! And Moss Man is one of my favorite figs, now and as a kid.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Skelecon Arrival thread
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm sure there will be a thread talking about the Roton, but as I'm a figure guy more than a vehicle guy I wanted to start a thread just to talk about how cool this Skelecon fig. A little bitter sweat for me
    personally being the last figure that I worked on (and one I'm thrilled Mattel wound up producing right at the tail end here). My only grip is they left out the Para-Skelecon wings that were going to be included to make either version.
    Nice paint opps, nice sculpting. Another out of the park for the Horsemen.
    And with that, my MOTUC time is at an end. It was a blast. Glad to have what I really feel is a complete collection. I hope their is enough fan support to keep things going at S7 and wish the the best of luck. And I REALLY look forward to what MOTUC is like without me being involved. It will be nice to be a fan again!

Scott: A little bitter sweat for me, *ME:Hey, we all have things going on with our bodies Scott, ...but Doctors can prescribe "Clinical Strength" antiperspirant/deodorant now! LOL!

...But seriously, it must be bitter-sweet for sure! Although I had issues with you originally, just because of my own personal biases towards your choices for character selection, the direction of the MOTUC canon, and some perceived snark, ...I grew to miss you running the line, especially once the New Matty Team 2.0's "Spell of Transparency" wore off! You really did seem to micro-manage so many details of the production of this epic line, & I missed that once the ship started sinking! ...I still do not have my x2 Needed ENERGY ZOIDS: Rotar vs Twistoid SDCC 2-pk, because production numbers were not "Upped" for subscribers, by your request. I wish they had been in the 2015 sub, instead of all those He-Man & Skelly variants! Wish the FF He-Man vs. TC Skeletor 2-pack was the exclusive instead!

Scott:My only grip is they left out the Para-Skelecon wings that were going to be included to make either version.

Me:
    Was the Skelcon originally going to be released with the Roton? ...or did you intend for the Skelcon to get a single release? ...I personally hope IF Super 7 is SUPER WISE enough to re-release the Skelcon as a single figure release, ...that IF they do include the optional wings, that they have "Purple FUR plugs" to put into the armor when MANY of us paying customers decide we want an army of Skelcons that mirror their Vintage Storybook appearances, without having TWO Big Round HOLES in the beautifully sculpted purple "fur" armor. I'd prefer a straight up re-issue on a single card, ...& if enough fans want them, add a 2nd run with the wings (I'd grab a few of those too if the originals were released first/simultaneously), ...OR Just add a re-purposed Skelcon Armor with Wings to an accessory pack JUST for Skelcons. Like a polybagged Skelcon add-on with Armor w/ plug in Wings, the spear, the dagger, & some other repaints on weapons!

Anyways, THANKS Scott. ...sorry it took a lot of bad BAD things happening After your departure, for me to find some appreciation in all the good things you did in bringing MOTUC to us rabid Fans! (still Hate DARE 2 & The Unnamed One. ...like, a lot. LOL! ... I couldn't help just one more, for Old time's sake, considering I've noticed you don't take these things @ all personally anymore! Thanks 4 your devotion & attention to details!) Lol!)

Super 7:

1.) Reissue: ENERGY ZOIDS: Rotar vs Twistoid 2-pk. (original Green bricks, even if you do them single carded, most collectors missed these & would want the Green brick IMO)

2.) Reissue: SKELCON -(single Carded on Green Bricks ...or 2-pk. ...if wings are added please make it a seperate additional armor, or provide "Sculpted FUR Plug holes" Please Please!
    Last edited by invisibleboy; December 28, 2016 at 06:22am.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    He-man.org needs a like button.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    what I really feel is a complete collection.
    Do you? Do you? Hmm. I think... not.

Last edited by Penny Dreadful; December 29, 2016 at 12:18am.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Really looking forward to the Skelecon, I have strong memories from the Ladybird books I read as a child. I am far more looking forward to the figure than the vehicle.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Court Magician
    Haven't had time to unpack them yet... but feeling excited.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Got my Skelcon last night and he is an amazing figure! he just looks so barbaric and evil, I love his accessories and his furry armor. I really hope Super 7 release a two pack of winged Skelcon's with interchangeable parts - also with a more source accurate blue skull instead of yellow.

A terrific way to end the line with one of my most wanted.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I absolutely love him!
    As an avid reader of the UK Ladybird books when I was little he's one of those figure that I had always wanted.
    Forget the hover robots or the armoured skeleton, THIS is the Skeletor army builder for me!
    He's one of those figures that really makes you marvel at how deep this lines character selection has gone.

If I had any gripes it would be that I wish his belly didn't show, looks a bit like he's wearing a two-piece.
    Also wish he had an articulate jaw and the optional wings but I'd imagine they're being saved for a possible single/two-pack release.

Oh and every, please, it's Skelcon, with one E. I know people are used to writing Skeletor so add in that additional E, but it's Skelcon in the original books!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

I received my Roton and Skelcon today.

The Skelcon is wonderful.

I want to army build these guys like I did the Snake Men two pack, Palace Guards, and Hover Robots. I'd personally be up for at least 13 more, probably 15

But of course he's packed with a super expensive vehicle. Whatever, he's still awesome and at least he got made. Hopefully Super 7 can correct that in the future.

Since I don't plan to get vehicles or playsets I skipped the Roton, but I'd love a solitary re-release of the Skelcon some day.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Amentep View Post
    Since I don't plan to get vehicles or playsets I skipped the Roton, but I'd love a solitary re-release of the Skelcon some day.
    Couldn't agree more!

I'm sure there will be a thread talking about the Roton, but as I'm a figure guy more than a vehicle guy I wanted to start a thread just to talk about how cool this Skelecon fig. A little bitter sweat for me personally being the last figure that I worked on (and one I'm thrilled Mattel wound up producing right at the tail end here).
    Psst, Psssst!..........(whispers) Skelcon. It's called a Skelcon. You wouldn't want people to start thinking you had nothing to do with it, now would ya?

The Skelcon came out great! The head sculpt is really menacing and although the jaw is not hinged, the horns are articulated, which adds variety. The paint wash on the body was well done and the paint apps on the weapons are also very good, especially when Mattel had cheapened out on painting weapons as of late. Only nitpick is that the furry "armor" sits a bit too high and his belly button is showing but the Skelcon is a great figure overall and yet adds another minion to Skeletor's forces.

Hopefully they will get a single card release as I would definitely buy about at least 3 more. A two pack with wing attachments would be great as well!

NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

Can somebody please post the imagery of winged Skelcons? The only pictures I've ever seen from the books is that of Stratos being presented to Skeletor, and the wingless Skelcon approaching Skeletor's throne.

Heroic Warrior
    Here is the pic, from the Masters Classics Mini-Comic Issue 6, "Homecoming" ("The Fall of Eternia", Part 1)

Winged Skelcon.jpg

As you can see, the design of the wings is "similar" to those of Draego-Man, so, with the exception of engineering new brackets on the Skelcon's back/armor, this would be a nearly tooling-free endeavor! :^D
    Last edited by Snake_Man; January 6, 2017 at 01:45am.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Here is the pic, from the Masters Classics Mini-Comic Issue 6, "Homecoming" ("The Fall of Eternia", Part 1)

Winged Skelcon.jpg

As you can see, the design of the wings is "similar" to those of Draego-Man, so, with the exception of engineering new brackets on the Skelcon's back/armor, this would be a nearly tooling-free endeavor! :^D
    Thank you! In my head I was picturing these guys with feathered wings like Vultak rather than Draego Man. Maybe because their long faces remind me of crows.

If Super7 ever release the winged Skelcon, then I hope they skip the "Demon"-forearms in favour of the "Oo-Larr" ones.
    Every thread about every MotUC-reveal, ever...

The Sword of Spector - forged in the scorching flames of nerdrage and tempered by the woeful tears of the butthurt

Are there any pics of winged Skelcons from the Ladybird era, or is that just a Classics mini-comic creation?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm pretty sure that the winged variety are a recent development, like You said, for the Classics Mini-Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I received my Roton and Skelcon today.

The Skelcon is wonderful.

I want to army build these guys like I did the Snake Men two pack, Palace Guards, and Hover Robots. I'd personally be up for at least 13 more, probably 15
    Dang, do you have such large armies of the other builders? Do you post in the collection thread? I'd love to see that.