Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What figure or figures most needs a rereleases in the ultimates line?

What figure or figures most needs a rereleases in the ultimates line?

Speaking as a new collector the top one on my list is Fisto. I have bit the bullet and bought a few other characters for a substantial mark up, but the aftermarket pricing on that dude is another level of insane. But I guess I can see it as he has one of the most bad ass sculpts in the line...

Since the Ultimates seem to be true toy versions, I'd say Stinkor, Scare Glow, Webstor and Zodac, to name a few. If you're just wondering about which figures are overpriced on the after market then Shadow Weaver comes to mind, but her re-release might be better suited for the Filmation line.

I personally would at least like to see the original 8-12 figures from the vintage line make an appearance in Ultimate form.

Cost certainly isn't my only consideration. I just want what I perceive to be the most appealing paint applications for any given figure, agnostic of source. For example the ultimate ram man's deco; I strongly prefer the original releases coloring as I feel like the new one looks unfinished and slightly washed out. So I will probably be selling my ultimate version to "upgrade" to the previous version. I'd love another he-man with hair that is more blond than the new release as well. And I feel like they still haven't nailed the paint apps on skeletors face, but that may be because I strongly prefer the filmation heads cleanness. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit with the more detailed sculpt of the regulars classics imo. Oh, I'd also love some clean horde troopers; no washes or battle damage...

I could write out a long list but it'd be easier to just say that any a-b list characters that came out before the change in ankle joints I want to see redone with the new ankle joints. And any a-b list characters that were modeled after the vintage card art I want redone modeled after the vintage toy.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I don't think aftermarket cost should be a deciding factor in which characters get Ultimate treatment.

Personally I'd like to see an Ultimate Goddess, as she's the only character I have refrained from buying due to the issue with her exploding crotch.
    She could have solid green parts to differentiate her from the first realease, and also come with alternate repainted Teela/Sorceress heads/weapons to make a complete Ultimate package!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

The original 12 should be ultimates. They are the most desired figures consistently.

All the ones that I don't have that I don't want to pay second hand prices for. Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Whiplash, Evil Lyn, and Roboto.

I've actually got Roboto but he definitely needs an ultimate release with his first release being so brittle. Mine is super glued together. Plus his mini comic colors would make a good variant.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

Heroic Warrior
    Is Super 7 even doing anymore? I read elsewhere no, but if it does happen just the original 12 would be fine with maybe BC and Panthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I don't think aftermarket cost should be a deciding factor in which characters get Ultimate treatment.
    It should definitely be a strong contributing factor. Reissues of expensive highly sought after figures will allow newer collectors to catch up on the series at a more reasonable cost and simultaneously keep the line in the black so they can continue to produce the remaining lower demand characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I could write out a long list but it'd be easier to just say that any a-b list characters that came out before the change in ankle joints I want to see redone with the new ankle joints. And any a-b list characters that were modeled after the vintage card art I want redone modeled after the vintage toy.
    I don't have any experience with the new ankles. I was worried based on how they looked that they would have even more of a potential for the looseness. have you had any issues with it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    All the ones that I don't have that I don't want to pay second hand prices for. Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Whiplash, Evil Lyn, and Roboto.

I've actually got Roboto but he definitely needs an ultimate release with his first release being so brittle. Mine is super glued together. Plus his mini comic colors would make a good variant.
    I knew about the reversed shoulder issue, but it the brittle plastic thing a widespread issue with Roboto?

I'd like to see Roboto and Man-E-Faces (done in orange body-suit).
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by zethrofax View Post
    It should definitely be a strong contributing factor. Reissues of expensive highly sought after figures will allow newer collectors to catch up on the series at a more reasonable cost and simultaneously keep the line in the black so they can continue to produce the remaining lower demand characters.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have any experience with the new ankles. I was worried based on how they looked that they would have even more of a potential for the looseness. have you had any issues with it?

- - - Updated - - -

I knew about the reversed shoulder issue, but it the brittle plastic thing a widespread issue with Roboto?
    Pretty sure it's widespread. I've heard a lot of complaints about roboto's plastic cracking on him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Pretty sure it's widespread. I've heard a lot of complaints about roboto's plastic cracking on him.

ugh. bummer, I have one I am stalking on ebay, but I may have to hold off and wait to see if they manage to fix that in a future release.
    WTB loose & complete MOTUC Fisto

Quote Originally Posted by zethrofax View Post
    ugh. bummer, I have one I am stalking on ebay, but I may have to hold off and wait to see if they manage to fix that in a future release.
    Yeah, I'd hold off unless you can get him for a really good deal, or if you plan on keeping him MOC.

She-Ra, for sure.
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and Despara

I would like to see Fisto since I never got an extra to display his 200x version. Would have said Horde Trooper with all the heads that came with General Sunder but it seems silly when he's still in stock on the Mattel Shop.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    The original 12 should be ultimates. They are the most desired figures consistently.
    That makes perfect sense to me.

Also, I think there should be an additional option for the Collector on a Budget: A reissue of whichever character, but with only 1 head, 1 weapon, it comes in a poly bag, and it's 10 bucks cheaper. This is definitely NOT for everybody!

( raises shield in anticipation of bombardment by rotten tomatoes and heads of lettuce )
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 21, 2017 at 06:57pm.
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    The next five figure released in Ultimate form should be because of a combination of reasons. The three that come to mind are a) demand; it's got to sell b) improvements to a flawed product and c) opportunities to get fan demanded accessories. You follow this formula and the obvious choices are:

1) Evil Lyn. You get a repainted yellow helmet less head and a blue Battleground cape.

2)Roboto. You get toy or mini comics colors, tons of arm attachments and a fixed torso.

3)Trapjaw. Tons of accessories and Kronos for those that didn't buy an extra.

4)She-ra. The chance to use NA She-ra torso on the Bubble Power body for the very demanded "toy" She-ra variant. There's a ton of accessories and repaints of those can be very exciting.

5)Man-at-Arms. Let's face it: the guy is true A-list and he's got a massive amount of heads and parts to pull from. He's going to happen.

I would love to see a Goddess with non-translucent skin that stays in one piece, BUT with the release of Teela packaged as the Goddess, I would say if they planned on this, they will probably wait so it doesn't seem like a cash grab. Just speculation. I love the ultimate so far. The packaging is just the most awesome idea and I really hope they continue making these.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Beast Man & Tri-Klops both go for a hefty amount. Tri-Klops could get the sword in both colors and a second head with brown hair. Maybe the drone in 200X silver if the budget allows. Definitely the He-Man left bracer for vintage toy accuracy. Beast Man, not sure, two gripping hands and a spare weapon? Toy feet might not look so good, really.

Shadow Weaver and Fisto just because there is no excuse for the prices.

Snout Spout with a nose that doesn't crumble?

Evil-Lyn & Mer-Man go for so little on the aftermarket they're probably not worth really doing. The only changes they could even do to Mer-Man would be the Skeletor toy limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Shadow Weaver and Fisto just because there is no excuse for the prices.

Snout Spout with a nose that doesn't crumble?
    I think Shadow Weaver and Snout Spout may be better candidates for Club Grayskull.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Snout spout, Roboto, Green Goddess. we need new versions that won't break by looking at them

Green Goddess - new two piece armor, new heads independent from Teela, Caucasian variant.

Wun-Dar - new head independent from He-Man, second Battle Armor

Fisto - Auburn hair, sword painted silver.

Jitsu - new toy accurate head, Classics head repainted with white hair
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I thought really hard, and came up with trap jaw, he has a lot to be incorporated.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I think Shadow Weaver and Snout Spout may be better candidates for Club Grayskull.
    I agree with you buddy
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Fisto, Whiplash, Stinkor, Goddess

My firm preference is for the Super7 to focus on new characters or variants under the Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull lines rather than Ultimates. There are far too many unique characters still requiring figures in the MOTUC style and scale.

However, if there are to be more Ultimates, then the early vintage figures should take precedence, such as Man-at-Arms and Stratos, Mer-man, Beast Man, the Goddess and Prince Adam.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199