Thread: Dang Target (sub cancelled due to Target credit data theft)

Dang Target (sub cancelled due to Target credit data theft)

So I was among all the Target customers that had their credit card information stolen. My bank cancelled my card and sent me a new one. I guess I did not put 2 and 2 together and realize I needed to change my card info on my 2014 subscription. They cancelled my subscription because my card did not go through. I called and gave them my new credit card information, hopefully they will reinstate my subscription.
    Like anyone could even know that

Heroic Warrior
    Same here. The Target mess is bigger than what was first believed. My bank issued me a new card, but the old one still works when I use it. I figure I'll wait for Two-Bad to ship before activating the new card. I figure this is the safest route rather than updating it now and confusing poor Digital River.

Been pretty lucky, have only had to call DR once before since 2008. Pretty obvious they outsource their call center overseas. Most companies do though, including mine.
    Like anyone could even know that

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I had a similar thing happen. I received notification that they would cancel my card and were sending me a new one, and that the old one could no longer be used after 1-10-14. I called Digital River and they cancelled and resubmitted the order for my subs. I received shipping notifications for both of my subs on Saturday, so everything seems to have worked as it was supposed to. The only thing I am still waiting to see is the refund for the original sub charge to be credited to my account, but that can take 5-7 business days.

So at least for me, it worked just fine, so hopefully you will have a similar case.

Oh and as a plus, the shipping on my shipment was combined this month, and unless something changed they usually would ship separately that first month for some strange reason.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I had the same issue with a reissued card after the Target breach was announced. Luckily I remembered to update my subscription information ahead of time. My order status on Matty's site says my order is completed and so Two-Bad should be on the way to me. But somehow in the process Matty is no longer e-mailing me with order updates - so I didn't get an e-mail that my order was processed and I didn't get a shipping notice. As long as the figures show up I don't care that much, but it is a drag that Target's problem became our problem.

Of course, look on the bright side. If a hiccup with your subscription is the worst thing that happens to you as a result of that data breach you should take it as a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Same here. The Target mess is bigger than what was first believed. My bank issued me a new card, but the old one still works when I use it. I figure I'll wait for Two-Bad to ship before activating the new card. I figure this is the safest route rather than updating it now and confusing poor Digital River.
    I did the same thing. Two-Bad is on his way. When I get him "in hand", then I'll change my info.

I had to cancel my credit card because I lost my wallet the day before they due to charge and got an email saying my sub had been cancelled and with a link to re-buy a new sub which I've done, just waiting for a shipping notification and then I can relax.

Same thing happened to me after the data theft from The Transformers Collectors Club a few years back.

I just called DR and had my card changed on my sub. I got that months figure a few weeks late but I still got it.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Same thing happened to me but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because of the way in which I first purchased all my subs so I'm actually glad it happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I did the same thing. Two-Bad is on his way. When I get him "in hand", then I'll change my info.
    This is what I was going to do but my bank, while accepting small local charges, refused Matty.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!