Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

Thread: "The Enchantress" in MOTUC Thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Sorcerer of Zalesia bcrduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    10,045

    "The Enchantress" in MOTUC Thread

    THE ENCHANTRESS
    http://www.he-man.org:81/encyclopedi...1&objectid=602
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-...hantress.shtml

    So it's inevitable that several threads will pop up showing support for different Filmation characters.

    This one only appeared in one episode, but it was an important one.

    Having The Enchantress in MOTUC would be good for several reasons:

    - add a female to the vintage MOTU mythos
    - further develop Miro's story
    - because of the MOTUC canon, we have a happy coincidence in that Marzo was also involved in Miro's disappearance. An association with The Enchantress, therefore, is inevitable, and that only fleshes out Marzo.
    - she was kind of the anti-Sorceress, what with her Owl motif
    - she is a Mage - always welcome
    - she could fill out the ranks of evil in the timeline that is being developed in MOTUC while He-Man & Skeletor are in the TRI-Solar System.



    Last edited by bcrduke; May 26, 2011 at 02:57pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,837
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So it's inevitable that several threads will pop up showing support for different Filmation characters.

    This one only appeared in one episode, but it was an important one.
    Cool idea! Bring her on!

    Too bad they didn't tie her in to Faker (what with the "anti-Sorceress" vibe)

    More pictures would add to your argument too. Let's see her!
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior DatenshiBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Collins, Co
    Posts
    73
    I would really love to see an Enchantress figure. I think out of all the only appeared in the filmation series characters she's easily high on the list for me.
    Stay free my Misery

  4. #4
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,026
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    - because of the MOTUC canon, we have a happy coincidence in that Marzo was also involved in Miro's disappearance. An association with The Enchantress, therefore, is inevitable, and that only fleshes out Marzo.
    I'd be kinda cool with that I guess. Count Marzo could use a woman once in a while rather than just Shadow Beasts (MOTUC canon) and Chimera (Filmation canon).
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Count Marzo could use a woman once in a while rather than just Shadow Beasts (MOTUC canon) and Chimera (Filmation canon).
    Ummm.... No comment!!
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior orbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,386
    I'm game. She looks pretty cool to me and may be able to reuse some Sorceress parts. Plus the fleshing out of Marzo is good too.

  7. #7
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Two thoughts:
    1) "Names Mattel will never get the rights to for $20, Alex" (Pretty sure Marvel/Hasbro will have "Enchantress" tied up for Amora)
    2) While it wouldn't be impossible to recast her as an ally of Marzo, who quietly disappeared to her castle with Miro on her floating island prison as/after Keldor & Randor dealt with Marzo, it would weaken her a lot - her Filmation appearance cast her as the Skeletor figure of Eternia when Miro was in his prime, after all. I got the impression Marzo was intended to supplant her, not assist her.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    7,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Pretty sure Marvel/Hasbro will have "Enchantress" tied up for Amora
    Be nice if they used it on a good figure of her though (not the 3-inch Secret Wars one).

  9. #9
    Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Neoternia
    Posts
    2,460
    I would totally love a figure of her! When Marzo's bio stated he was involved in Miro's disappearance, my mind quickly started trying to figure out how he could have been in kahoots with her for this to happen... wether he intended to overthrow her or not. To me, the Great Unrest seemed like a free for all, where you'd side with your enemy just to bring down the heroes, and worry about dooming them all later.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

  10. #10
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    18,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Ummm.... No comment!!
    You know what I meant dammit. Not talking about any kind of Shadow Beastiality here.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  11. #11
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    ....gross.



    Anyway, I REALLY want Enchantress. I fell in love with her the first (and only time) she graced the screen.

    According to Koduk Ungol, the pool of power transforms the woman (if she's worthy) into a certain animal. They're not necessarilly the same. Teela-Na is a falcon...not sure what Koduk was, but I would like to think that Enchantress was once a Sorceress but turned bitter, cold and cruel from being locked away in a barren castle for so many years!

    She was once pure of heart, but didn't have the mental strength to basically be a shut in for so many years. In time she grew jealous of the people allowed to roam free (whom she was really protecting) and blamed them for her imprisonment.

    So, she goes crazy and decides to take what she wants, etc. Koduk Ungol may have taken her place after this.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  12. #12
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    ....gross.



    Anyway, I REALLY want Enchantress. I fell in love with her the first (and only time) she graced the screen.

    According to Koduk Ungol, the pool of power transforms the woman (if she's worthy) into a certain animal. They're not necessarilly the same. Teela-Na is a falcon...not sure what Koduk was, but I would like to think that Enchantress was once a Sorceress but turned bitter, cold and cruel from being locked away in a barren castle for so many years!

    She was once pure of heart, but didn't have the mental strength to basically be a shut in for so many years. In time she grew jealous of the people allowed to roam free (whom she was really protecting) and blamed them for her imprisonment.

    So, she goes crazy and decides to take what she wants, etc. Koduk Ungol may have taken her place after this.


    Love this idea think you hit the nail on the head. She has got to come with a cool accessory though, not sure what yet, some ancient artifact from the past, maybe the shaping staff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Okay, I took screen captures of the Enchantress and possible accessories for her tonight!

    First, parts that can be used to make her (much are what Reboot said):

    - Battleground Evil-Lyn's cape
    - Toy Frosta's detailed boots (only painting the jagged part at the top though)
    - Bubble Power She-Ra's buck
    - Sorceress top (white part only) and skirt (it's very close to Enchantress...and because I think she's a Sorceress that's evil, makes sense)
    - Sorceress' arms (wrist to elbow)
    - hands (repainted regular hands would be okay with me, they did it on Faceless One, for example...but new GLOVE hands would be cool)

    New parts:

    - Head
    - biceps to show the end the gloves

    Accessories:

    - Grayskull orb repainted to be her "crystal ball"
    - Owl (her crystal ball sees through the owl's eye)
    - Drude (he could be re-used for Old Man Marzo and the torso for other little characters, possibly)

    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3390357_n.jpg

    http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs41/i/20...htwing1975.jpg

    http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1311385234.jpg

    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6078/...cd4cb3b1_b.jpg

    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6183/...fe8b14b1_b.jpg

    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6189/...7aee3066_b.jpg

    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6186/...f9479d0b_b.jpg

    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6201/...1d578333_b.jpg

    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/...42050f48_b.jpg

    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6194/...27230d76_b.jpg

    A couple more pictures (including the bottom of her legs) here:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4954136...7627389758405/
    Right on Love your take on how to create her, All the accessories are right there, I would love for the horsemen to either create her a new staff or give her something like the shaping staff or the crimson pearl spear, as a nod to filmation and getting one of those weapons out there.
    Last edited by facet; February 12, 2012 at 09:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #13
    The Great Eternal! GrtEternal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Posts
    9,524
    Oh yeah. She will be a welcome addition in the ranks of Evil!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

    *****************************

    "Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

    *****************************

    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior danvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    228
    i think if the 4HM work on her design, she would look great

    i'd also like to have her since we need at least one strong evil woman in each era:

    POG: Shokoti
    Miro's time: Enchantress
    "Now": Evil-Lyn
    POP: Shadow Weaver

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    You know what I meant dammit. Not talking about any kind of Shadow Beastiality here.
    Huh!? Why else create your own evil creature?
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,853
    I would love an Enchantress figure and agree the existing bio-canon provides a perfect pitch for Marzo and Enchantress to be in league with each other in the banishment of Miro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Doesn't work like that. If they can't call her "Enchantress", they wouldn't be able to use "Evil Enchantress" for a tagline either (imagine Skeletor came out with a "Bone-headed Megatron" tagline, and how Hasbro would react to that!)

    I expect they would go the obvious route and make her an actual Evil Sorceress in line with her similar motif.
    Mattel already have the name problem solved: "Battle Enchantress"


    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'd be kinda cool with that I guess. Count Marzo could use a woman once in a while rather than just Shadow Beasts (MOTUC canon) and Chimera (Filmation canon).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Ummm.... No comment!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    You know what I meant dammit. Not talking about any kind of Shadow Beastiality here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Huh!? Why else create your own evil creature?
    This is the funniest exchange I have read on this site in ages.

    Its strange cos when I first read CM's post, I was thinking of how Marzo using women would be a turn up from his vintage fixation on kids all the time!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

    Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

  17. #17
    Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Mattel already have the name problem solved: "Battle Enchantress"
    Doesn't work like that. Fortunately, as I posted earlier, Mattel actually DO have a Class 28 (toys) ® on "The Enchantress" after all (for some doll-based line or other).

    [Above posted May 30, 2011 03:50pm]

    So, with Filmation rights announced, let's see...

    *New head
    *BG Evil-Lyn cape (...actually, that's more accurate to the Enchantress than any design of Lyn...)
    *Frosta boots

    What about the long gloves (200X Young Evil-Lyn/Mrs. Keldor, perhaps?) or leotard? Any potential sharing there (Sorceress would be a stretch) or would they have to be new?
    Last edited by Reboot; July 24, 2011 at 12:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #18
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Okay, I took screen captures of the Enchantress and possible accessories for her tonight!

    First, parts that can be used to make her (much are what Reboot said):

    - Battleground Evil-Lyn's cape
    - Toy Frosta's detailed boots (only painting the jagged part at the top though)
    - Bubble Power She-Ra's buck
    - Sorceress top (white part only) and skirt (it's very close to Enchantress...and because I think she's a Sorceress that's evil, makes sense)
    - Sorceress' arms (wrist to elbow)
    - hands (repainted regular hands would be okay with me, they did it on Faceless One, for example...but new GLOVE hands would be cool)

    New parts:

    - Head
    - biceps to show the end the gloves

    Accessories:

    - Grayskull orb repainted to be her "crystal ball"
    - Owl (her crystal ball sees through the owl's eye)
    - Drude (he could be re-used for Old Man Marzo and the torso for other little characters, possibly)





















    A couple more pictures (including the bottom of her legs) here:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4954136...7627389758405/
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 25, 2011 at 04:35am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,847
    i don't think the Sorceress top would work but the bottom would and she would have to have the Owl!

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  20. #20
    Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    727
    I would love the Enchantress and I'm with you Darkspectre! Heck, if I had anything to say, I would let you develop this figure :-)
    Last edited by Chroniklor; August 25, 2011 at 05:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

  21. #21
    Lord of the Patch baronterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    THE ENCHANTRESS
    http://www.he-man.org:81/encyclopedi...1&objectid=602
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-...hantress.shtml

    So it's inevitable that several threads will pop up showing support for different Filmation characters.

    This one only appeared in one episode, but it was an important one.

    Having The Enchantress in MOTUC would be good for several reasons:

    - add a female to the vintage MOTU mythos
    - further develop Miro's story
    - because of the MOTUC canon, we have a happy coincidence in that Marzo was also involved in Miro's disappearance. An association with The Enchantress, therefore, is inevitable, and that only fleshes out Marzo.
    - she was kind of the anti-Sorceress, what with her Owl motif
    - she is a Mage - always welcome
    - she could fill out the ranks of evil in the timeline that is being developed in MOTUC while He-Man & Skeletor are in the TRI-Solar System.

    http://www.frankshemanpage.net/past03.JPG

    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...tressHeMan.jpg




    On all points; Agreed. Wouldnt have thought of this, nor thought I would agree with this, but your points are valid. Mind you this would still be so far down on my list of wants, but I agree that it does hold value in this line, if this were possible.

  22. #22
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,918
    big no.
    would not want.

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,137
    I'd buy a figure of her. She looks cool - I like the owl-headress. I would like it if she was an independent villian - an ex guardian of Grayskull gone bad - perhaps?

  24. #24
    Villainous Jerk RavenousPuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gumdrop Mountain
    Posts
    777
    She would be cool with a 4H do-over...one question is her headdress some sort of Eternian penguin?
    All caught up on figures...now what

  25. #25
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I'd be kinda cool with that I guess. Count Marzo could use a woman once in a while rather than just Shadow Beasts (MOTUC canon) and Chimera (Filmation canon).
    The way he acts and dresses in the Filmation series doesn't make me think he's into women.


    But yeah, I hope we get The Enchantress in MOTUC!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •