Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Enchantress" in MOTUC Thread

"The Enchantress" in MOTUC Thread

THE ENCHANTRESS
    http://www.he-man.org:81/encyclopedi...1&objectid=602
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-...hantress.shtml

So it's inevitable that several threads will pop up showing support for different Filmation characters.

This one only appeared in one episode, but it was an important one.

Having The Enchantress in MOTUC would be good for several reasons:

- add a female to the vintage MOTU mythos
    - further develop Miro's story
    - because of the MOTUC canon, we have a happy coincidence in that Marzo was also involved in Miro's disappearance. An association with The Enchantress, therefore, is inevitable, and that only fleshes out Marzo.
    - she was kind of the anti-Sorceress, what with her Owl motif
    - she is a Mage - always welcome
    - she could fill out the ranks of evil in the timeline that is being developed in MOTUC while He-Man & Skeletor are in the TRI-Solar System.

Last edited by bcrduke; May 26, 2011 at 02:57pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    So it's inevitable that several threads will pop up showing support for different Filmation characters.

This one only appeared in one episode, but it was an important one.
    Cool idea! Bring her on!

Too bad they didn't tie her in to Faker (what with the "anti-Sorceress" vibe)

More pictures would add to your argument too. Let's see her!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    - because of the MOTUC canon, we have a happy coincidence in that Marzo was also involved in Miro's disappearance. An association with The Enchantress, therefore, is inevitable, and that only fleshes out Marzo.
    I'd be kinda cool with that I guess. Count Marzo could use a woman once in a while rather than just Shadow Beasts (MOTUC canon) and Chimera (Filmation canon).
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I would really love to see an Enchantress figure. I think out of all the only appeared in the filmation series characters she's easily high on the list for me.
    Stay free my Misery

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Count Marzo could use a woman once in a while rather than just Shadow Beasts (MOTUC canon) and Chimera (Filmation canon).
    Ummm.... No comment!!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

I'm game. She looks pretty cool to me and may be able to reuse some Sorceress parts. Plus the fleshing out of Marzo is good too.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Two thoughts:
    1) "Names Mattel will never get the rights to for $20, Alex" (Pretty sure Marvel/Hasbro will have "Enchantress" tied up for Amora)
    2) While it wouldn't be impossible to recast her as an ally of Marzo, who quietly disappeared to her castle with Miro on her floating island prison as/after Keldor & Randor dealt with Marzo, it would weaken her a lot - her Filmation appearance cast her as the Skeletor figure of Eternia when Miro was in his prime, after all. I got the impression Marzo was intended to supplant her, not assist her.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Pretty sure Marvel/Hasbro will have "Enchantress" tied up for Amora
    Be nice if they used it on a good figure of her though (not the 3-inch Secret Wars one).

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I would totally love a figure of her! When Marzo's bio stated he was involved in Miro's disappearance, my mind quickly started trying to figure out how he could have been in kahoots with her for this to happen... wether he intended to overthrow her or not. To me, the Great Unrest seemed like a free for all, where you'd side with your enemy just to bring down the heroes, and worry about dooming them all later.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Ummm.... No comment!!
    You know what I meant dammit. Not talking about any kind of Shadow Beastiality here.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    ....gross.

Anyway, I REALLY want Enchantress. I fell in love with her the first (and only time) she graced the screen.

According to Koduk Ungol, the pool of power transforms the woman (if she's worthy) into a certain animal. They're not necessarilly the same. Teela-Na is a falcon...not sure what Koduk was, but I would like to think that Enchantress was once a Sorceress but turned bitter, cold and cruel from being locked away in a barren castle for so many years!

She was once pure of heart, but didn't have the mental strength to basically be a shut in for so many years. In time she grew jealous of the people allowed to roam free (whom she was really protecting) and blamed them for her imprisonment.

So, she goes crazy and decides to take what she wants, etc. Koduk Ungol may have taken her place after this.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Oh yeah. She will be a welcome addition in the ranks of Evil!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

i think if the 4HM work on her design, she would look great

i'd also like to have her since we need at least one strong evil woman in each era:

POG: Shokoti
    Miro's time: Enchantress
    "Now": Evil-Lyn
    POP: Shadow Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    You know what I meant dammit. Not talking about any kind of Shadow Beastiality here.
    Huh!? Why else create your own evil creature?

Two thoughts:
    1) "Names Mattel will never get the rights to for $20, Alex" (Pretty sure Marvel/Hasbro will have "Enchantress" tied up for Amora)
    ARRRRRGGGGHH!! I TOTALLY forgot about that.

Well, MOTUC takes liberties with the source material from what Mattel already owns, so there is no reason they can't do that with some of the Filmation stuff.

They could give her some kind of name: K'Yrulla (the TM'd real name for The Goddess that they jettisoned in favor of using Sharella) and have her tag-line be "The Evil Enchantress." In other words, where we have:

Teela, Warrior Goddess

We could have:

K'Yrulla, Evil Enchantress

2) While it wouldn't be impossible to recast her as an ally of Marzo, who quietly disappeared to her castle with Miro on her floating island prison as/after Keldor & Randor dealt with Marzo, it would weaken her a lot - her Filmation appearance cast her as the Skeletor figure of Eternia when Miro was in his prime, after all. I got the impression Marzo was intended to supplant her, not assist her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O
    I would totally love a figure of her! When Marzo's bio stated he was involved in Miro's disappearance, my mind quickly started trying to figure out how he could have been in kahoots with her for this to happen... wether he intended to overthrow her or not. To me, the Great Unrest seemed like a free for all, where you'd side with your enemy just to bring down the heroes, and worry about dooming them all later.
    They'd have to do something interesting... she HAS been supplanted.. but, then again, not necessarily.

In the cartoon, she has this slave helper named Drude, who is a SMALL DWARF-LIKE MAN ... perhaps, for the MOTUC canon, he could be Old Man Marzo.

MAYBE, she was in love with Marzo, aided him, and when Marzo was punished by the Elders and turned into a dwarf, she was punished by being exiled to the castle on a cloud with the task of keeping him her slave?

OR, maybe she is the one who banished Miro (as shown in the cartoon) but blamed Marzo, and the Elders believed her... they punished him by turning him into a dwarf, and then forced him to be her slave as further punishment... this was her revenge on him because he wouldn't or couldn't love her in return.

I don't know... it's a stretch.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

OH NO...I'm a sucker for evil versions of heros. This bascially looks like an evil Sorceress, so I'm immediately in.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

In the cartoon, she has this slave helper named Drude, who is a SMALL DWARF-LIKE MAN ... perhaps, for the MOTUC canon, he could be Old Man Marzo.

MAYBE, she was in love with Marzo, aided him, and when Marzo was punished by the Elders and turned into a dwarf, she was punished by being exiled to the castle on a cloud with the task of keeping him her slave?

OR, maybe she is the one who banished Miro (as shown in the cartoon) but blamed Marzo, and the Elders believed her... they punished him by turning him into a dwarf, and then forced him to be her slave as further punishment... this was her revenge on him because he wouldn't or couldn't love her in return..
    Love it........!

OR, maybe she is the one who banished Miro (as shown in the cartoon) but blamed Marzo, and the Elders believed her... they punished him by turning him into a dwarf, and then forced him to be her slave as further punishment... this was her revenge on him because he wouldn't or couldn't love her in return.

I don't know... it's a stretch.
    I love it too! I'd go with the second story, personally. Much more twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Totally! She could even come with Old Man Marzo as a secret accessory (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Totally! She could even come with Old Man Marzo as a secret accessory (pun intended)
    Yesss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    That's kind of like Rumina's story from the live action series "The Adventures of Sindbad." Incidentally, her father Turok (whom Sinbad murders) looks similar to 200X Count Marzo...and they are both evil, powerful Sorcerers...

Anyway, it's revealed in one episode, where she captures Sinbad (yet again), that she has a sort of dungeon/collection room full of caged beasts and creatures. They are all men she fell in love with, but rejected her advances...so, being an evil Sorceress, she transformed them and made them her prisoners and slaves. She sends Sinbad into a forest and if he can escape, he will be set free. She then unleashes one of her pets and promises him, that he will be freed if he kills Sinbad. Anyway, in the end Sinbad understands the creature is not evil and starts treating him like a man and he eventually returns to his true form, piece by piece, until he is once again a human! That guy stayed in the prison so he could help the other creatures become men once more, and Rumina's plans to have Sinbad to herself are foiled for this day.

She's pretty messed up being in love with the man who killed her father...and hating him at the same time. It's pretty interesting!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Just say no to "Old Man Marzo".

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

In my mind I think of her a lot like how Darkspecter does. I like to beleive that she was originally supposed to take the place of koduk ungol (who seems to resemble an eagle by the way) and she turned out evil so instead koduk had to find a new replacement and who turned out to be teela-na. Teela-na and the enchantress appear to be around the same age so it would make sense.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    ARRRRRGGGGHH!! I TOTALLY forgot about that.

Well, MOTUC takes liberties with the source material from what Mattel already owns, so there is no reason they can't do that with some of the Filmation stuff.

They could give her some kind of name: K'Yrulla (the TM'd real name for The Goddess that they jettisoned in favor of using Sharella) and have her tag-line be "The Evil Enchantress." In other words, where we have:

Teela, Warrior Goddess

We could have:

K'Yrulla, Evil Enchantress
    Doesn't work like that. If they can't call her "Enchantress", they wouldn't be able to use "Evil Enchantress" for a tagline either (imagine Skeletor came out with a "Bone-headed Megatron" tagline, and how Hasbro would react to that!)

I expect they would go the obvious route and make her an actual Evil Sorceress in line with her similar motif.

Doesn't work like that. If they can't call her "Enchantress", they wouldn't be able to use "Evil Enchantress" for a tagline either (imagine Skeletor came out with a "Bone-headed Megatron" tagline, and how Hasbro would react to that!)

I expect they would go the obvious route and make her an actual Evil Sorceress in line with her similar motif.
    That's different though. As a non-TM'd tagline, "Evil Enchantress" should work because it's an actual word:

enchantress/enˈCHantris/Noun
    1. A woman who uses magic or sorcery, esp. to put someone or something under a spell.
    2. A very attractive and beguiling woman.

Megatron...well...there's only one Megatron. It's like how Mattel didn't TM Adora or Adam...and shouldn't HAVE to TM Veena...because it's a common name in India, I think it is? I posted about it before. It was more common than a proper North American name. It shocked someone. I forget what name it was more common than though.